Old 25-07-2010, 11:18 AM posted to alt.appalachian,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.tennis,rec.autos.sport.nascar

Default Germany considers tax on the obese.

On Jul 25, 6:07*am, walt tonne wrote:
http://www.aolnews.com/world/article...tax-on-the-obe...

About time somebody made the move.

I see people 30 - 60 years old using mobility carts in the
supermarket.
Nothing wrong with them except overeating.

Old 25-07-2010, 02:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 03:18:13 -0700 (PDT), walt tonne
wrote:

On Jul 25, 6:07*am, walt tonne wrote:
http://www.aolnews.com/world/article...tax-on-the-obe...

About time somebody made the move.

I see people 30 - 60 years old using mobility carts in the
supermarket.
Nothing wrong with them except overeating.

DR. TONNE!

Ahahahahahahahahaha. . . .
Old 25-07-2010, 04:49 PM posted to alt.appalachian,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.tennis,rec.autos.sport.nascar

On Jul 25, 4:18*am, walt tonne wrote:
On Jul 25, 6:07*am, walt tonne wrote:

http://www.aolnews.com/world/article...tax-on-the-obe...

About time somebody made the move.

I see people 30 - 60 years old using mobility carts in the
supermarket.
Nothing wrong with them except overeating.

==
People who make snap judgments about other people's health problems do
have something WRONG with them. Get a friggin' life and mind your own
business. Righteous people should die from strokes and heart attacks.
==
Old 25-07-2010, 05:09 PM posted to alt.appalachian,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.tennis,rec.autos.sport.nascar

walt tonne wrote:
On Jul 25, 6:07 am, walt tonne wrote:
http://www.aolnews.com/world/article...tax-on-the-obe...

About time somebody made the move.

I see people 30 - 60 years old using mobility carts in the
supermarket.
Nothing wrong with them except overeating.

How do you know there is nothing wrong with them except overeating?
Perhaps they have a condition that makes it very painful to get
exercise. It can cause a downward spiral. They can't exercise because
of pain, they gain weight and it gets increasingly painful.
Old 25-07-2010, 05:22 PM posted to alt.appalachian,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.tennis,rec.autos.sport.nascar

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
. ..
walt tonne wrote:
On Jul 25, 6:07 am, walt tonne wrote:
http://www.aolnews.com/world/article...tax-on-the-obe...

About time somebody made the move.

I see people 30 - 60 years old using mobility carts in the
supermarket.
Nothing wrong with them except overeating.

How do you know there is nothing wrong with them except overeating?
Perhaps they have a condition that makes it very painful to get exercise.
It can cause a downward spiral. They can't exercise because of pain, they
gain weight and it gets increasingly painful.

sure there are a lot of 'obese' people who are the cause of their own
problems, but there are also those who, thru no fault of their own, have
conditions that cause weight gain, and/or the use of mobility
devices.....ever heard of thyroid disease? pituitary tumors......massive
doses of steroids to treat asthma? All of which can and do cause massive
weight gain in some people. I agree with Dave, on this. Unless you have
some 'psychic or paranormal' medical diagnosis feature to your person, I
would not sit in judgment of these people, unless you know them
'personally'.......chances are MR.TONNE, you are ticked off because the last
motor scooter in the Wal-Mart just skitted off as you came in the door.
-g

Old 25-07-2010, 05:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
. ..
walt tonne wrote:
On Jul 25, 6:07 am, walt tonne wrote:
http://www.aolnews.com/world/article...tax-on-the-obe...

About time somebody made the move.

I see people 30 - 60 years old using mobility carts in the
supermarket.
Nothing wrong with them except overeating.

How do you know there is nothing wrong with them except overeating?
Perhaps they have a condition that makes it very painful to get exercise.
It can cause a downward spiral. They can't exercise because of pain, they
gain weight and it gets increasingly painful.

(crossposting snipped)

A few years ago after my brother had surgery he wanted to go to the grocery
store. He wasn't *obviously* impaired but the doctor told him to stay off
his feet for a few days. He wanted to stock up on food on the way home from
the hospital. He used one of those motarized carts because the doctor told
him not to walk. I'm sure lots of people would have looked at him and
assumed "lazy" rather than "doctor's orders". Not everyone who needs those
carts is old (or fat).

Jill

Old 25-07-2010, 06:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message

A few years ago after my brother had surgery he wanted to go to the
grocery store. He wasn't *obviously* impaired but the doctor told him to
stay off his feet for a few days. He wanted to stock up on food on the
way home from the hospital. He used one of those motarized carts because
the doctor told him not to walk. I'm sure lots of people would have
looked at him and assumed "lazy" rather than "doctor's orders". Not
everyone who needs those carts is old (or fat).

Funny you mention that because it never occurred to me to look for one of
those carts to shop after my foot surgery. I just ordered home delivery.
Even after a week it's hard to walk but I do it because I want it to heal.
Moving it is the only thing that's going to do that. Sure hurts, though,
even running into the store yesterday for a few things I needed.

Old 25-07-2010, 06:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/25/2010 12:24 PM, jmcquown wrote:
"Dave Smith" wrote in message
. ..
walt tonne wrote:
[...]

In any case, the "fat tax" is exactly the sort of micromanagement that
opponents of government-controlled medicine fear and that its advocates
say will never happen.

Old 25-07-2010, 07:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

A few years ago after my brother had surgery he wanted to go to the
grocery store. He wasn't *obviously* impaired but the doctor told him
to stay off his feet for a few days. He wanted to stock up on food on
the way home from the hospital. He used one of those motarized carts
because the doctor told him not to walk. I'm sure lots of people would
have looked at him and assumed "lazy" rather than "doctor's orders".
Not everyone who needs those carts is old (or fat).

When I was 14 I was ordered off my feet to recover. I was in pretty good
shape. I was on the high school football team. I had a series of
blisters on the soles of my feet. One (or more) got infected and I ended
up with blood poisoning and phlebitis. It was bed rest for me for a
week. I could walk fine, but I wasn't supposed to.

Old 25-07-2010, 07:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

J. Clarke wrote:
A few years ago after my brother had surgery he wanted to go to the
grocery store. He wasn't *obviously* impaired but the doctor told him to
stay off his feet for a few days. He wanted to stock up on food on the
way home from the hospital. He used one of those motarized carts because
the doctor told him not to walk. I'm sure lots of people would have
looked at him and assumed "lazy" rather than "doctor's orders". Not
everyone who needs those carts is old (or fat).

In any case, the "fat tax" is exactly the sort of micromanagement that
opponents of government-controlled medicine fear and that its advocates
say will never happen.

Private insurance is much better for that. They simply refuse you coverage.

Old 25-07-2010, 07:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote
"Dave Smith" wrote

Perhaps they have a condition that makes it very painful to get exercise.

A few years ago after my brother had surgery he wanted to go to the
grocery store. He wasn't *obviously* impaired but the doctor told him to
stay off his feet for a few days. He wanted to stock up on food on the
way home from the hospital. He used one of those motarized carts because
the doctor told him not to walk. I'm sure lots of people would have
looked at him and assumed "lazy" rather than "doctor's orders". Not
everyone who needs those carts is old (or fat).

Correct. I definately fit that profile. I'd have had more fun today if I
just finally grabbed one and had the daugher push the full cart. Instead,
we rushed through somewhat and ended up with a second cart not filled more
than the scooters could have handled.

Had a nice trip though to the grocery store. Sat for a little on the floor
along the juice isle while Charlotte grabbed stuff. Told'em this time I
could load the car fine as had the kidlit with me. New checker to me but
apparently a bit obvious by then.

It's not always weight that drives the need of a chair and not always
overeating that causes weight.

Old 25-07-2010, 07:58 PM posted to alt.appalachian,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.tennis,rec.autos.sport.nascar

"walt tonne" wrote in message
On Jul 25, 6:07 am, walt tonne wrote:
http://www.aolnews.com/world/article...tax-on-the-obe...

About time somebody made the move.

I see people 30 - 60 years old using mobility carts in the
supermarket.
Nothing wrong with them except overeating.

{{{

And you know this absolutely for sure ... how?

Your world view reminds me of the statement:

"You don't look disabled!"

The retort: "... and you don't look like an a** h***".

Old 25-07-2010, 08:06 PM posted to alt.appalachian,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.tennis,rec.autos.sport.nascar
Member

"NotMe" wrote in message
"walt tonne" wrote in message
On Jul 25, 6:07 am, walt tonne wrote:
http://www.aolnews.com/world/article...tax-on-the-obe...

About time somebody made the move.

I see people 30 - 60 years old using mobility carts in the
supermarket.
Nothing wrong with them except overeating.

{{{

And you know this absolutely for sure ... how?

Your world view reminds me of the statement:

"You don't look disabled!"

The retort: "... and you don't look like an a** h***".

I'm 63, ride a scooter or use a mobility cart at the store. I have COPD, am
on oxygen 24/7 and have Leukemia. I'm now getting overweight. Steroids to
combat my illness, donchaknow? You wouldn't be able to tell just by looking
at me that I have med. problems. I cruise and travel as much as possible.
So do you suggest I be put down because of it?

PS..like the retort....

Peaches in Rowlett TX

Old 25-07-2010, 08:20 PM posted to alt.appalachian,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.tennis,rec.autos.sport.nascar

"Peaches" wrote in message
"NotMe" wrote in message
"walt tonne" wrote in message
[...]

I got that from an old WWII Marine DI who was one of my hospice friends.
I'd carry him to the local watering hold that happened to be in a mall in a
rural part of the state. We used the HC parking due to both our
limitations. On one trip one DA (dumb a**) loudly castigated the old man
for parking in the HC zone.

His response echoed off the building walls all across the parking lot to the
amusement of a couple of (young and cute) church ladies. One of who gave him
a gentle kiss on the cheek and the quiet admonishment 'well spoken ... even
if I don't use those words myself'.

Truth be known if the old boy had been in better health he might have
invited the DA to 15 min in a dark alley.

Old 25-07-2010, 08:37 PM posted to alt.appalachian,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.tennis,rec.autos.sport.nascar

On Jul 25, 12:09*pm, Dave Smith wrote:
walt tonne wrote:
On Jul 25, 6:07 am, walt tonne wrote:
http://www.aolnews.com/world/article...tax-on-the-obe....

About time somebody made the move.

I see people 30 - 60 years old using mobility carts in the
supermarket.
Nothing wrong with them except overeating.

How do you know there is nothing wrong with them except overeating?
Perhaps they have a condition that makes it very painful to get
exercise. It can cause a downward spiral. *They can't exercise because
of pain, they gain weight and it gets increasingly painful.

Talking to folks at the local hospital gave me the impression that
most of our
local cases are overeating fueled.

OBESE Sheldon General Cooking 1 26-10-2007 01:05 PM
48.8% of adult african-am women are obese [email protected] General Cooking 32 05-01-2007 08:38 PM
Diet tips for Obese rajeshsharma7777 General Cooking 1 25-07-2006 12:36 AM
Beer turns men into obese monsters ! Brian Raab Beer 0 03-10-2004 06:12 AM
Obese Americans Nancy Young General Cooking 48 17-04-2004 01:53 PM