Posted to alt.appalachian,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.tennis,rec.autos.sport.nascar

Default Germany considers tax on the obese.

On Jul 25, 9:00*pm, Superdave > wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 12:09:09 -0400, Dave Smith >
> wrote:
>
> >walt tonne wrote:

> >> I see people 30 - 60 years old using mobility carts in the
> >> supermarket.
> >> Nothing wrong with them except overeating.

> >How do you know there is nothing wrong with them except overeating?
> >Perhaps they have a condition that makes it very painful to get
> >exercise. It can cause a downward spiral. *They can't exercise because
> >of pain, they gain weight and it gets increasingly painful.

> It's what you eat !
>
> Monsanto is killing us all !
>
> Eat fresh natural food with no pesticides, additives or gene mutations and you
> won't be fat !

So you're saying that a person who burns 2000 calories per day could
eat
(let's be conservative and not pick some wildly huge number) 2500
calories
per day of fresh natural foods, and not gain weight?

Hallelujah! Another Nobel prize winner for finding a loophole in the
laws
of thermodynamics.

Do some math and get back to us.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.appalachian,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.tennis,rec.autos.sport.nascar

On 26 July, 13:35, Cindy Hamilton > wrote:
> On Jul 25, 9:00*pm, Superdave > wrote:
>

> > On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 12:09:09 -0400, Dave Smith >
> > wrote:

> > >How do you know there is nothing wrong with them except overeating?
> > >Perhaps they have a condition that makes it very painful to get
> > >exercise. It can cause a downward spiral. *They can't exercise because
> > >of pain, they gain weight and it gets increasingly painful.

> > It's what you eat !

> > Monsanto is killing us all !

> > Eat fresh natural food with no pesticides, additives or gene mutations and you
> > won't be fat !

> So you're saying that a person who burns 2000 calories per day could
> eat
> (let's be conservative and not pick some wildly huge number) 2500
> calories
> per day of fresh natural foods, and not gain weight?
>
> Hallelujah! *Another Nobel prize winner for finding a loophole in the
> laws
> of thermodynamics.
>
> Do some math and get back to us.

eating shite with pesticides, additives and other man-made chemicals
unnecessarily added clearly MAKES people gain weight, you must be
plain dumb to not realise this. Take a poll and ask who drinks Diet
drinks and you can guarantee they're fat gits, they make them more
hungry, the poisonous aspartme(ant killer) doesn't help them much
either.
Posted to alt.appalachian,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.tennis,rec.autos.sport.nascar

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 05:35:57 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Jul 25, 9:00*pm, Superdave > wrote:
>> On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 12:09:09 -0400, Dave Smith >
>> wrote:

>> >How do you know there is nothing wrong with them except overeating?
>> >Perhaps they have a condition that makes it very painful to get
>> >exercise. It can cause a downward spiral. *They can't exercise because
>> >of pain, they gain weight and it gets increasingly painful.

>> It's what you eat !
>>
>> Monsanto is killing us all !
>>
>> Eat fresh natural food with no pesticides, additives or gene mutations and you
>> won't be fat !

>So you're saying that a person who burns 2000 calories per day could
>eat
>(let's be conservative and not pick some wildly huge number) 2500
>calories
>per day of fresh natural foods, and not gain weight?
>
>Hallelujah! Another Nobel prize winner for finding a loophole in the
>laws
>of thermodynamics.
>
>Do some math and get back to us.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

No. Did I say that ? Please do not put words in my mouth.

I am saying if you eat wholesome food that does not **** up your metabolism and
make you MORE hungry when you should be full you will lose weight. There is no
magic in that. The "magic" is by people like "McDonalds" who tell you their
burgers are wholesome when they will **** up your life and make you fat because
they contain tons of SALT tha has NO calories but which will make you want to
eat and eat and eat more burgers and drink gallons of their coke !

Get it now ****tard ?

OTOH when you eat a small amount of UNADULTERATED food you are SATED and have no
desire to eat more as NATURE intended.

Get it now ****tard ?

CORPORATIONS are PURE EVIL. THEY KILL PEOPLE FOR PROFIT.
Posted to alt.appalachian,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.tennis,rec.autos.sport.nascar

"Superdave" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 05:35:57 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>>On Jul 25, 9:00 pm, Superdave > wrote:

>>> It's what you eat !
>>>
>>> Monsanto is killing us all !
>>>
>>> Eat fresh natural food with no pesticides, additives or gene mutations
>>> and you
>>> won't be fat !

>>So you're saying that a person who burns 2000 calories per day could
>>eat
>>(let's be conservative and not pick some wildly huge number) 2500
>>calories
>>per day of fresh natural foods, and not gain weight?
>>
>>Hallelujah! Another Nobel prize winner for finding a loophole in the
>>laws
>>of thermodynamics.
>>
>>Do some math and get back to us.
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

> No. Did I say that ? Please do not put words in my mouth.
>
> I am saying if you eat wholesome food that does not **** up your
> metabolism and
> make you MORE hungry when you should be full you will lose weight. There
> is no
> magic in that. The "magic" is by people like "McDonalds" who tell you
> their
> burgers are wholesome when they will **** up your life and make you fat
> because
> they contain tons of SALT tha has NO calories but which will make you want
> eat and eat and eat more burgers and drink gallons of their coke !
>
> Get it now ****tard ?
>
> OTOH when you eat a small amount of UNADULTERATED food you are SATED and
> have no
> desire to eat more as NATURE intended.
>
> Get it now ****tard ?
>
> CORPORATIONS are PURE EVIL. THEY KILL PEOPLE FOR PROFIT.

Excess salt tends to have the body crave sugars, excess sugars tend to have
the body crave salt. This is a way over simplification: I'm a new type 2
diabetic and it's taken me months to get my body comfortable with the levels
of sugar and sugar producing foods that I can and should be eating.

In the end it comes down to moderation not abstinence.

Prepared food companies would have us believe salt is necessary for the
preservation of food. Good example can soup which in most case has 40 to
60% of the bodies daily requirement. Real world there is no need for salt
in the canning process. What does happen is that canning process that uses
no or minimal salt requires more care (read expense) in the preparation
process to assure safety. Lower salt also reduces the useful shelf life,
another cost.

Posted to alt.appalachian,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.tennis,rec.autos.sport.nascar

Iceberg wrote:
> On 26 July, 13:35, Cindy Hamilton > wrote:
>> On Jul 25, 9:00 pm, Superdave > wrote:

>>> It's what you eat !
>>> Monsanto is killing us all !
>>> Eat fresh natural food with no pesticides, additives or gene mutations and you
>>> won't be fat !

>> So you're saying that a person who burns 2000 calories per day could
>> eat
>> (let's be conservative and not pick some wildly huge number) 2500
>> calories
>> per day of fresh natural foods, and not gain weight?
>>
>> Hallelujah! Another Nobel prize winner for finding a loophole in the
>> laws
>> of thermodynamics.
>>
>> Do some math and get back to us.

> eating shite with pesticides, additives and other man-made chemicals
> unnecessarily added clearly MAKES people gain weight, you must be
> plain dumb to not realise this. Take a poll and ask who drinks Diet
> drinks and you can guarantee they're fat gits, they make them more
> hungry, the poisonous aspartme(ant killer) doesn't help them much
> either.

Exactly.

If one wants to lose weight, they shouldn't be drinking soft drinks PERIOD.

The same goes for those ridiculous vitamin waters and sports drinks.

They should only be drinking water, fat-free milk and real fruit juice
(but no more than one glass of fruit juice a day).

..

--
We must change the way we live
Or the climate will do it for us.
Posted to alt.appalachian,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.tennis,rec.autos.sport.nascar

On Jul 26, 1:00*pm, clouddreamer > wrote:
> Iceberg wrote:

> >> So you're saying that a person who burns 2000 calories per day could
> >> eat
> >> (let's be conservative and not pick some wildly huge number) 2500
> >> calories
> >> per day of fresh natural foods, and not gain weight?

> >> Hallelujah! *Another Nobel prize winner for finding a loophole in the
> >> laws
> >> of thermodynamics.

> >> Do some math and get back to us.

> > eating shite with pesticides, additives and other man-made chemicals
> > unnecessarily added clearly MAKES people gain weight, you must be
> > plain dumb to not realise this. Take a poll and ask who drinks Diet
> > drinks and you can guarantee they're fat gits, they make them more
> > hungry, the poisonous aspartme(ant killer) doesn't help them much
> > either.

> Exactly.
>
> If one wants to lose weight, they shouldn't be drinking soft drinks PERIOD.
>
> The same goes for those ridiculous vitamin waters and sports drinks.
>
> They should only be drinking water, fat-free milk and real fruit juice
> (but no more than one glass of fruit juice a day).

How else do you get your 9 servings of fruits and veggies a day
without juice!

Posted to alt.appalachian,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.tennis,rec.autos.sport.nascar

Insane Ranter wrote:
> On Jul 26, 1:00 pm, clouddreamer > wrote:

>> They should only be drinking water, fat-free milk and real fruit juice
>> (but no more than one glass of fruit juice a day).
>>

> How else do you get your 9 servings of fruits and veggies a day
> without juice!

Eat them.

..

--
We must change the way we live
Or the climate will do it for us.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 14:17:20 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:

> J. Clarke wrote:
>>> A few years ago after my brother had surgery he wanted to go to the
>>> grocery store. He wasn't *obviously* impaired but the doctor told him to
>>> stay off his feet for a few days. He wanted to stock up on food on the
>>> way home from the hospital. He used one of those motarized carts because
>>> the doctor told him not to walk. I'm sure lots of people would have
>>> looked at him and assumed "lazy" rather than "doctor's orders". Not
>>> everyone who needs those carts is old (or fat).

>> In any case, the "fat tax" is exactly the sort of micromanagement that
>> opponents of government-controlled medicine fear and that its advocates
>> say will never happen.
>>

> Private insurance is much better for that. They simply refuse you coverage.

<snort>

your pal,
blake
Posted to alt.appalachian,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.tennis,rec.autos.sport.nascar

In article
Cindy Hamilton > wrote:

> > It's what you eat !
> >
> > Monsanto is killing us all !
> >
> > Eat fresh natural food with no pesticides, additives or gene mutations and
> > you
> > won't be fat !

> So you're saying that a person who burns 2000 calories per day could
> eat
> (let's be conservative and not pick some wildly huge number) 2500
> calories
> per day of fresh natural foods, and not gain weight?
>
> Hallelujah! Another Nobel prize winner for finding a loophole in the
> laws
> of thermodynamics.
>
> Do some math and get back to us.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

<rofl>!!! Nicely put Cindy. :-)
No matter WHAT diet plan you follow, total calories still count, altho'
I am a bit of a believer that some calories count more than others. The
body has to work a bit harder for instance to convert protein to glucose
as opposed to converting simple carbs to glucose, but as you said,
physics still counts.

Then there are fiber calories...
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Iceberg" > wrote

Removed a bunch of crossposting crap

Do you have anything real to say?

Posted to alt.appalachian,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.tennis,rec.autos.sport.nascar

On Jul 26, 7:58*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> In article
> >,
> *Cindy Hamilton > wrote:
>

> > > It's what you eat !

> > > Monsanto is killing us all !

> > > Eat fresh natural food with no pesticides, additives or gene mutations and
> > > you
> > > won't be fat !

> > So you're saying that a person who burns 2000 calories per day could
> > eat
> > (let's be conservative and not pick some wildly huge number) 2500
> > calories
> > per day of fresh natural foods, and not gain weight?

> > Hallelujah! *Another Nobel prize winner for finding a loophole in the
> > laws
> > of thermodynamics.

> > Do some math and get back to us.

> > Cindy Hamilton

> <rofl>!!! *Nicely put Cindy. :-)
> No matter WHAT diet plan you follow, total calories still count, altho'
> I am a bit of a believer that some calories count more than others. *The
> body has to work a bit harder for instance to convert protein to glucose
> as opposed to converting simple carbs to glucose,

Sure, but that's accounted for in the "burn" part of the equation.

Plus, there's the effect on the appetite. Nothing like simple carbs
to swing your blood sugar around and make you hungrier later.
I always try to buffer the carbs with protein or fat. (Mmm.
Chocolate
chip cookies and milk. Good thing we make 'em only once a year.)

>but as you said,
> physics still counts.

As whatisname, the Subway Diet guy, demonstrated,
you can lose weight while eating complete crap, provided
you don't eat very much of it.

> Then there are fiber calories...

Which only goes to show that you can't put food in a bomb
calorimeter and expect it to be the same as putting it in
your body.

Cindy

Posted to alt.appalachian,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.tennis,rec.autos.sport.nascar

On Jul 26, 8:55*am, Iceberg > wrote:
> On 26 July, 13:35, Cindy Hamilton > wrote:
>

> > On Jul 25, 9:00*pm, Superdave > wrote:

> > > It's what you eat !

> > > Monsanto is killing us all !

> > > Eat fresh natural food with no pesticides, additives or gene mutations and you
> > > won't be fat !

> > So you're saying that a person who burns 2000 calories per day could
> > eat
> > (let's be conservative and not pick some wildly huge number) 2500
> > calories
> > per day of fresh natural foods, and not gain weight?

> > Hallelujah! *Another Nobel prize winner for finding a loophole in the
> > laws
> > of thermodynamics.

> > Do some math and get back to us.

> eating shite with pesticides, additives and other man-made chemicals
> unnecessarily added clearly MAKES people gain weight, you must be
> plain dumb to not realise this. Take a poll and ask who drinks Diet
> drinks and you can guarantee they're fat gits, they make them more
> hungry, the poisonous aspartme(ant killer) doesn't help them much
> either.

The fact that many people eat food laden with pesticides,
additives and other man-made chemicals and yet do not
gain weight disproves your assertion. If it were going to
make people gain weight, then it would affect everyone.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.appalachian,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.tennis,rec.autos.sport.nascar

In article
Cindy Hamilton > wrote:

> > > Do some math and get back to us.

> > > Cindy Hamilton

> > <rofl>!!! *Nicely put Cindy. :-)
> > No matter WHAT diet plan you follow, total calories still count, altho'
> > I am a bit of a believer that some calories count more than others. *The
> > body has to work a bit harder for instance to convert protein to glucose
> > as opposed to converting simple carbs to glucose,

> Sure, but that's accounted for in the "burn" part of the equation.
>
> Plus, there's the effect on the appetite. Nothing like simple carbs
> to swing your blood sugar around and make you hungrier later.
> I always try to buffer the carbs with protein or fat. (Mmm.
> Chocolate
> chip cookies and milk. Good thing we make 'em only once a year.)
>
> >but as you said,
> > physics still counts.

> As whatisname, the Subway Diet guy, demonstrated,
> you can lose weight while eating complete crap, provided
> you don't eat very much of it.
>
> > Then there are fiber calories...

> Which only goes to show that you can't put food in a bomb
> calorimeter and expect it to be the same as putting it in
> your body.
>
> Cindy

Indeed... I've always been a bit dubious about that calorie counting
method.

When low carbing, you get to subtract the fiber carbs to get "net
carbs". This makes baby corn a hidden treat since they are mostly fiber.
:-) Same goes for black soy beans...
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dan Abel" > wrote in message

> My HMO (Kaiser) recommends something called chair dancing. It puts no
> weight on the hips or knees, since it is done while sitting. I don't
> know how it affects the feet, but there is no weight on them and the
> exercise is all low impact. It is aerobic exercise. There are exercise
> videos, with music and visual instructions. I did part of one as part
> of a class I took at Kaiser. I did a Google on "chair dancing", but the
> main site had a warning from Google about malware on the site. Amazon
> seems to sell the videos, though:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Jodi-Stoloves-.../dp/B00062IWMA

Our health PMO suggests the same thing, and even a pedometer will rack up
steps with that movement.

Question that has nothing to do with the subject but when you got the google
malware warning, were you using Firefox with the Google plug-in? It seems
to catch what IE misses (not surprising) but what Firefox seems to let
through without the plug-in.

Posted to alt.appalachian,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.tennis,rec.autos.sport.nascar

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 06:08:30 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Jul 26, 8:55*am, Iceberg > wrote:

>> > So you're saying that a person who burns 2000 calories per day could
>> > eat
>> > (let's be conservative and not pick some wildly huge number) 2500
>> > calories
>> > per day of fresh natural foods, and not gain weight?

>> > Hallelujah! *Another Nobel prize winner for finding a loophole in the
>> > laws
>> > of thermodynamics.

>> > Do some math and get back to us.

>> eating shite with pesticides, additives and other man-made chemicals
>> unnecessarily added clearly MAKES people gain weight, you must be
>> plain dumb to not realise this. Take a poll and ask who drinks Diet
>> drinks and you can guarantee they're fat gits, they make them more
>> hungry, the poisonous aspartme(ant killer) doesn't help them much
>> either.

>The fact that many people eat food laden with pesticides,
>additives and other man-made chemicals and yet do not
>gain weight disproves your assertion. If it were going to
>make people gain weight, then it would affect everyone.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Oh yeah sure just like everyone who smokes gets lung cancer. I see I see.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Cheryl" > wrote:

> "Dan Abel" > wrote in message
>

> > My HMO (Kaiser) recommends something called chair dancing. It puts no
> > weight on the hips or knees, since it is done while sitting. I don't
> > know how it affects the feet, but there is no weight on them and the
> > exercise is all low impact. It is aerobic exercise. There are exercise
> > videos, with music and visual instructions. I did part of one as part
> > of a class I took at Kaiser. I did a Google on "chair dancing", but the
> > main site had a warning from Google about malware on the site. Amazon
> > seems to sell the videos, though:
> >
> > http://www.amazon.com/Jodi-Stoloves-.../dp/B00062IWMA
> >

> Our health PMO suggests the same thing, and even a pedometer will rack up
> steps with that movement.
>
> Question that has nothing to do with the subject but when you got the google
> malware warning, were you using Firefox with the Google plug-in? It seems
> to catch what IE misses (not surprising) but what Firefox seems to let
> through without the plug-in.

I was using Firefox on a Mac with no plugin for Google. There's no
current IE on the Mac anymore. It appeared to be a message from Google,
not my browser. The message is gone now, so the web site must have
removed the malwa

http://www.chairdancing.com/

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to alt.appalachian,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.tennis,rec.autos.sport.nascar
K S K S is offline

Why would their obese leader (Angela Merkel) want this tax?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dan Abel" > wrote in message

> I was using Firefox on a Mac with no plugin for Google. There's no
> current IE on the Mac anymore. It appeared to be a message from Google,
> not my browser. The message is gone now, so the web site must have
> removed the malwa
>
> http://www.chairdancing.com/

Thanks. Maybe Firefox for Mac doesn't need the plug-in. I remember a
warning about one of the sites we host having the same warning but on my PC,
firefox didn't catch it. The one who reported it was using a Mac. I
installed the plug-in on my PC and then I saw the warning.

OBESE Sheldon General Cooking 1 26-10-2007 01:05 PM
48.8% of adult african-am women are obese [email protected] General Cooking 32 05-01-2007 08:38 PM
Diet tips for Obese rajeshsharma7777 General Cooking 1 25-07-2006 12:36 AM
Beer turns men into obese monsters ! Brian Raab Beer 0 03-10-2004 06:12 AM
Obese Americans Nancy Young General Cooking 48 17-04-2004 01:53 PM