Old 26-07-2010, 12:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Okay All You Meat Grinding Folks... what to grind first?

In article ,
"jmcquown" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
Sqwertz wrote:

On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 09:37:48 -0500, zxcvbob wrote:

On 7/23/2010 11:39 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

Sky International may be the manufacturer of Waring for all we
know, but it won't be the same design. And i can't find any
mention of this grinder except on ebay. Hucksters buy these
things and mark them up 3-4x. You have no recourse if it doesn't
work.

She already has it; might as well see how it works.

Well, duh. She'll only use it three times anyway - so it may work
for her purposes.

I kinda wonder what else she's buying haphazardly off of ebay.
Money must be easy to come by.

-sw

Why do you always have to be so nasty Steve?
Be helpful instead. Geeze!
--
Peace! Om

Ignore him, I do As for how often I'll use it... I'll use it at least as
much as he does his blender

Jill

lol I only use mine a few times per year but I don't generally grind
less than 10 lbs. of meat at a time...

Cheers and enjoy the new toy!!!
--
Peace! Om

Old 26-07-2010, 11:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

zxcvbob wrote:
On 7/25/2010 6:39 AM, jmcquown wrote:
"Larry" wrote in message
Jill
You do know veal *is* beef, right?

Calves asshole.

Jill

Actually, they use more of the calf than just that. ;-)

Bob

How did I miss that? Nice!
Old 26-07-2010, 11:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 04:57:25 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

wrote in message

Why do you always have to be so nasty Steve?

You get pretty nasty yourself, 'friend'.

Be helpful instead. Geeze!

You were doing so good at shutting the **** up. Keep it that way.
Still haven't heard back from Seton. I'll have to send it again
and followup.

Ignore him, I do As for how often I'll use it... I'll use it at least as
much as he does his blender

Huh?shrug. I use the blender about twice a year.
Meat Grinder about 6 times a year.
Stick blender - 12
Food processor - 4
Spice grinder - 24
Toaster - 12
pressure cooker - zero.

Speaking of meat grinders, I suspect some of the others here will
also get this email:

-----
Hello,
I am Mr.Jason Row and would like to order (Electric Meat
Grinder) and what would be the price for each unit so that i can
Quote you with the Quantity i want to order..Also what types of
credit card do you accept as payment..?Thank you and reply ASAP..
Thanks
------

They see this meat grinder thread (for example) and email
everybody they can. It is of course a scam. I've gotten 3 of
them in the last 3 weeks.

-sw

I get those scams at work almost weekly. They usually go after
businesses with websites that take credit cards. I played one guy for a
while. He gave me three credit card numbers to use. They were all
stolen cards (at least the info) and the issuing banks said they were
still active. They don't care what the price is since the scam isn't
about the product and the product never is shipped anyway. They make
their money when you run the cards and pay _their_ shipping company a
lot of money. Then the credit card charge backs will come and you are
out the cash paid to the bogus shipping company. I would never pay a
third party as part of any transaction like that.

BTW - The wife makes a mean jambalaya in the pressure cooker!
Old 27-07-2010, 01:12 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" wrote in message

Why do you always have to be so nasty Steve?

You get pretty nasty yourself, 'friend'.

Be helpful instead. Geeze!

You were doing so good at shutting the **** up. Keep it that way.
Still haven't heard back from Seton. I'll have to send it again
and followup.

I've already informed my manager and he checked my computer logs. I'm
clean. ;-) He is helping me contact the Seton legal counsel to counter
sue.
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine
Old 27-07-2010, 05:07 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article bz,
barbie gee wrote:

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010, Larry wrote:

BTW - The wife makes a mean jambalaya in the pressure cooker!

in the pressure cooker??

PLEASE, a recipe!

I'm always looking for new and exciting recipes for the pressure cooker.

thanks!

Same here!

Old 27-07-2010, 05:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
Sqwertz wrote:

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 19:12:20 -0500, Omelet wrote:

I've already informed my manager and he checked my computer logs. I'm
clean. ;-)

And you're full of shit, too. Duuuuh.

Not babe. YOU are the one "full of shit". I've never once done a
record search on you. I could not anyway even if I were so inclined. I
don't have an access code for Compass which is the main storage system
they use.

Do what you want. I can use the extra income. eg
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Another reason to grind your own meat Jerry Avins General Cooking 0 08-03-2012 05:35 PM
Using a food processor to grind meat. Handy Gandy General Cooking 8 14-09-2010 05:24 PM
OK, I'm convinced I need to grind my own meat, tell me about yourgrinder..... Nan[_3_] General Cooking 17 04-11-2009 08:18 PM
Grinding meat meatnub General Cooking 21 23-05-2008 02:58 AM
Course Grind meat for chili... Dannyl General Cooking 37 22-05-2007 08:01 PM