FoodBanter.com

-   -   Vanilla-Almond, Vanilla-Hazlenut, Nectar (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/398910-vanilla-almond-vanilla-hazlenut.html)

Christopher M.[_2_] 22-07-2010 11:02 PM

Vanilla-Almond, Vanilla-Hazlenut, Nectar

Nectar is the name of a syrup they use around New Orleans. It's a simple
syrup flavored with vanilla and almond. They use it to make soda pop and
desserts. Some companies use it to flavor their medicine.

But to me it doesn't taste like vanilla or almond. It tastes like "nectar".

I ordered a vanilla-hazlenut coffee today. It didn't taste much like vanilla
or hazlenut. To me it tasted like a malt.

I wonder what other interesting vanilla-nut combinations are out there.

Also, one time I ate a piece of apple-rhubarb pie. It kind of tasted like
blueberry.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)