Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Down & dirty

Several Boneless skinless chicken 1/2 breasts cubed
Salt & Pepper to taste
EVOO for frying
1 onion diced
1 can black beans rinsed
1 batch frozen corn
1 jar salsa Verde (tomatillo medium heat)
1 jar (above) water.

Brown the chicken remove & set aside
Brown the onion & add the frozen corn
Return the chicken to the pan.
add the salsa & water & beans
Simmer till tender ( 'bout 30 min)
serve over brown or white rice.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri > wrote:
>Several Boneless skinless chicken 1/2 breasts cubed
>Salt & Pepper to taste
>EVOO for frying
>1 onion diced
>1 can black beans rinsed
>1 batch frozen corn
>1 jar salsa Verde (tomatillo medium heat)
>1 jar (above) water.
>
>Brown the chicken remove & set aside
>Brown the onion & add the frozen corn
>Return the chicken to the pan.
>add the salsa & water & beans
>Simmer till tender ( 'bout 30 min)
>serve over brown or white rice.

I'm going to have something similar as taco filling for soft corn tortillas.
But, it has to have avocado and fresh cilantro, which I used to detest.

Orlando
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Jul 22, 8:44 am, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> Several Boneless skinless chicken 1/2 breasts cubed
> Salt & Pepper to taste
> EVOO for frying
> 1 onion diced
> 1 can black beans rinsed
> 1 batch frozen corn
> 1 jar salsa Verde (tomatillo medium heat)
> 1 jar (above) water.
>
> Brown the chicken remove & set aside
> Brown the onion & add the frozen corn
> Return the chicken to the pan.
> add the salsa & water & beans
> Simmer till tender ( 'bout 30 min)
> serve over brown or white rice.

I would be sorely tempted to stir in a cup of sour cream just before
serving..... -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 08:44:46 -0700, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

> Several Boneless skinless chicken 1/2 breasts cubed
> Salt & Pepper to taste
> EVOO for frying
> 1 onion diced
> 1 can black beans rinsed
> 1 batch frozen corn
> 1 jar salsa Verde (tomatillo medium heat)
> 1 jar (above) water.
>
> Brown the chicken remove & set aside
> Brown the onion & add the frozen corn
> Return the chicken to the pan.
> add the salsa & water & beans
> Simmer till tender ( 'bout 30 min)
> serve over brown or white rice.

All my favorite ingredients! Copied and saved, thanks.

--

Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

aem > wrote:
>I would be sorely tempted to stir in a cup of sour cream just before
>serving..... -aem

That would ruin it for me.

Orlando

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 22, 8:44*am, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> Several Boneless skinless chicken 1/2 breasts cubed
> Salt & Pepper *to taste
> EVOO for frying
> 1 onion diced
> 1 can black beans rinsed
> 1 batch frozen corn
> 1 jar salsa Verde (tomatillo medium heat)
> 1 jar (above) water.
>
> Brown the chicken remove & set aside
> Brown the onion & add the frozen corn
> Return the chicken to the pan.
> add the salsa & water & beans
> Simmer till tender ( 'bout 30 min)
> serve over brown or white rice.
>
> Dimitri

How much water?
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Jul 22, 10:52 am, Orlando Enrique Fiol > wrote:
> aem > wrote:
> >I would be sorely tempted to stir in a cup of sour cream just before
> >serving..... -aem

> That would ruin it for me.

Sorry to hear it. Salsa verde and sour cream are a good combination,
though maybe the black beans are a contrary indicator. At any rate,
chicken breasts in a casserole dish, mix salsa verde and sour cream
together, top the chicken with it. Bake till done. Couldn't be
simpler and quite tasty. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 11:21:33 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
> wrote:

> On Jul 22, 8:44*am, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> > Several Boneless skinless chicken 1/2 breasts cubed
> > Salt & Pepper *to taste
> > EVOO for frying
> > 1 onion diced
> > 1 can black beans rinsed
> > 1 batch frozen corn
> > 1 jar salsa Verde (tomatillo medium heat)
> > 1 jar (above) water.
> >
> > Brown the chicken remove & set aside
> > Brown the onion & add the frozen corn
> > Return the chicken to the pan.
> > add the salsa & water & beans
> > Simmer till tender ( 'bout 30 min)
> > serve over brown or white rice.
> >
> > Dimitri

> How much water?

Measure using the jar that the tomatillo sauce came in.

I want to know how much "1batch" of corn is, I plan to measure using
the empty black beans can.

--

Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 22, 11:40*am, sf > wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 11:21:33 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
>

> > wrote:
> > On Jul 22, 8:44*am, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> > > Several Boneless skinless chicken 1/2 breasts cubed
> > > Salt & Pepper *to taste
> > > EVOO for frying
> > > 1 onion diced
> > > 1 can black beans rinsed
> > > 1 batch frozen corn
> > > 1 jar salsa Verde (tomatillo medium heat)
> > > 1 jar (above) water.

> > > Brown the chicken remove & set aside
> > > Brown the onion & add the frozen corn
> > > Return the chicken to the pan.
> > > add the salsa & water & beans
> > > Simmer till tender ( 'bout 30 min)
> > > serve over brown or white rice.

> > > Dimitri

> > How much water?

> Measure using the jar that the tomatillo sauce came in.
>
> I want to know how much "1batch" of corn is, I plan to measure using
> the empty black beans can.
>
> --
>
> Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.

I'm figuring on just getting a what...8 or 10 oz bag?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

aem > wrote:
>Sorry to hear it. Salsa verde and sour cream are a good combination,
>though maybe the black beans are a contrary indicator. At any rate,
>chicken breasts in a casserole dish, mix salsa verde and sour cream
>together, top the chicken with it. Bake till done. Couldn't be
>simpler and quite tasty. -aem

I just hate sour cream in any context.

Orlando

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 12:25:26 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
> wrote:

> On Jul 22, 11:40*am, sf > wrote:
> > On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 11:21:33 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
> > > wrote:

<snip>

> > > How much water?

> > Measure using the jar that the tomatillo sauce came in.
> >
> > I want to know how much "1batch" of corn is, I plan to measure using
> > the empty black beans can.
> >

> I'm figuring on just getting a what...8 or 10 oz bag?

Bags come that small? I'm thinking in equal-ish portions, so I'll
measure from a one pound bag of frozen corn using the can.

--

Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Senior Member

Location: WI

I think Mexicream would work best for this guys. I'm not a big sour creamer, either.

Nice, simple recipe, though, that I think I'll try out.

Thank you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Several Boneless skinless chicken 1/2 breasts cubed
>Salt & Pepper to taste
>EVOO for frying
>1 onion diced
>1 can black beans rinsed
>1 batch frozen corn
>1 jar salsa Verde (tomatillo medium heat)
>1 jar (above) water.
>
>Brown the chicken remove & set aside
>Brown the onion & add the frozen corn
>Return the chicken to the pan.
>add the salsa & water & beans
>Simmer till tender ( 'bout 30 min)
>serve over brown or white rice.

Sounds good to me! We need to eat cheap and healthy for a while
after some rich vacation food. This fits the bill. I might cook it
in my crockpot.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

aem wrote:

> On Jul 22, 8:44 am, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> > Several Boneless skinless chicken 1/2 breasts cubed
> > Salt & Pepper to taste
> > EVOO for frying
> > 1 onion diced
> > 1 can black beans rinsed
> > 1 batch frozen corn
> > 1 jar salsa Verde (tomatillo medium heat)
> > 1 jar (above) water.
> >
> > Brown the chicken remove & set aside
> > Brown the onion & add the frozen corn
> > Return the chicken to the pan.
> > add the salsa & water & beans
> > Simmer till tender ( 'bout 30 min)
> > serve over brown or white rice.
> >

> I would be sorely tempted to stir in a cup of sour cream just before
> serving..... -aem

No no no no! LOL! Perhaps just a splodge on top might work though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chemo the Clown" > wrote in message
On Jul 22, 11:40 am, sf > wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 11:21:33 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
>

> > wrote:
> > On Jul 22, 8:44 am, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> > > Several Boneless skinless chicken 1/2 breasts cubed
> > > Salt & Pepper to taste
> > > EVOO for frying
> > > 1 onion diced
> > > 1 can black beans rinsed
> > > 1 batch frozen corn
> > > 1 jar salsa Verde (tomatillo medium heat)
> > > 1 jar (above) water.

> > > Brown the chicken remove & set aside
> > > Brown the onion & add the frozen corn
> > > Return the chicken to the pan.
> > > add the salsa & water & beans
> > > Simmer till tender ( 'bout 30 min)
> > > serve over brown or white rice.

> > > Dimitri

> > How much water?

> Measure using the jar that the tomatillo sauce came in.
>
> I want to know how much "1batch" of corn is, I plan to measure using
> the empty black beans can.
>
> --
>
> Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.

>I'm figuring on just getting a what...8 or 10 oz bag?

Chemo - here's the real point - how much corn doesn't matter - really! like
corn add more like less corn OK don't add as much. Like kidney beans use
them - don't like black beans use pintos. BTW it was about 1+ cup from a
giant bag left in the freezer.

:-)

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> Several Boneless skinless chicken 1/2 breasts cubed
> Salt & Pepper to taste
> EVOO for frying
> 1 onion diced
> 1 can black beans rinsed
> 1 batch frozen corn
> 1 jar salsa Verde (tomatillo medium heat)
> 1 jar (above) water.
>
> Brown the chicken remove & set aside
> Brown the onion & add the frozen corn
> Return the chicken to the pan.
> add the salsa & water & beans
> Simmer till tender ( 'bout 30 min)
> serve over brown or white rice.
>
> Dimitri

D, I'm not looking for a fight and am wondering if it really needs 30
minutes to simmer. Since you're using cubed shicken and browning it,
that's about going to cook it right there. Cub's got boneless shicken
breasts on sale this week and you're tempting me to give it a try ‹ of
sorts. I'm thinking I'll brown the onion first, then do the shicken
pieces in that pan and proceed as you did, cooking it only as long as it
takes for the rice to cook. :-) Will find out how Himself likes black
beans.

T'anks, D. How's the unpacking coming along?
--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 11:26:37 -0700 (PDT), aem wrote:

> On Jul 22, 10:52 am, Orlando Enrique Fiol > wrote:
>> aem > wrote:
>>>I would be sorely tempted to stir in a cup of sour cream just before
>>>serving..... -aem

>> That would ruin it for me.
>>

> Sorry to hear it. Salsa verde and sour cream are a good combination,
> though maybe the black beans are a contrary indicator. At any rate,
> chicken breasts in a casserole dish, mix salsa verde and sour cream
> together, top the chicken with it. Bake till done. Couldn't be
> simpler and quite tasty. -aem

sour cream with black beans is a great combination.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Dimitri" > wrote:
>
>> Several Boneless skinless chicken 1/2 breasts cubed
>> Salt & Pepper to taste
>> EVOO for frying
>> 1 onion diced
>> 1 can black beans rinsed
>> 1 batch frozen corn
>> 1 jar salsa Verde (tomatillo medium heat)
>> 1 jar (above) water.
>>
>> Brown the chicken remove & set aside
>> Brown the onion & add the frozen corn
>> Return the chicken to the pan.
>> add the salsa & water & beans
>> Simmer till tender ( 'bout 30 min)
>> serve over brown or white rice.
>>
>> Dimitri

> D, I'm not looking for a fight and am wondering if it really needs 30
> minutes to simmer. Since you're using cubed shicken and browning it,
> that's about going to cook it right there. Cub's got boneless shicken
> breasts on sale this week and you're tempting me to give it a try < of
> sorts. I'm thinking I'll brown the onion first, then do the shicken
> pieces in that pan and proceed as you did, cooking it only as long as it
> takes for the rice to cook. :-) Will find out how Himself likes black
> beans.
>
> T'anks, D. How's the unpacking coming along?
> --
> Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

Little by little we make a little more of a dent each day. The real
question is what do we leave PACKED for the next move or do we start giving
it away to the kids.

You're right it cooks quicker then 30 min - the extra time was more of an
evaporation to thicken .

Enjoy

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> You're right it cooks quicker then 30 min - the extra time was more of an
> evaporation to thicken .
>
> Enjoy
>
> Dimitri

What if one didn't add so much water?
--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew;
sometimes in a pickle."
Where are my pearls, Honey?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:05:52 -0700, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

> Little by little we make a little more of a dent each day. The real
> question is what do we leave PACKED for the next move or do we start giving
> it away to the kids.

Moving certainly puts things into perspective, doesn't it? I say give
as much as you can to the kids now. It'll save a lot of headaches
later.

--

Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.

Dirty pasta, dirty rice Christopher M.[_3_] General Cooking 4 21-04-2012 01:47 PM
Dirty ovens, dirty skillets Gregory Morrow[_406_] General Cooking 0 29-01-2010 11:10 AM
Dirty looking wine Jim Winemaking 4 21-09-2008 02:08 PM
Down and dirty potatoes Nonnymus[_5_] Barbecue 2 29-06-2007 06:12 PM