Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Anti-Whaling Terrorist Expelled From Sea Shepard

He pleads guilty for acid attack.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/worl.../11/2003475166
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 10, 11:38*am, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> He pleads guilty for acid attack.
>
> http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/worl.../11/2003475166

I approve of anti-whaling terrorists. I'd like to see them kill every
single Japanese "researcher." Kill the captain, then cut him up into
chum to attract the sharks, then throw the rest of the crew in.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/10/2010 11:38 AM, Mark Thorson wrote:
> He pleads guilty for acid attack.
>
> http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/worl.../11/2003475166

Wow! Someone is actually too radical for a radical organization?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/10/2010 11:38 AM, Mark Thorson wrote:
> He pleads guilty for acid attack.
>
> http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/worl.../11/2003475166

Looks like they are throwing him under the bus. Hypocrites.

FWIW... I am in complete agreement that whaling should be totally
illegal but I am in complete opposition to the tactics that the Sea
Shepard Conservation Society and Paul Watson employs.

Spend your money fighting in the courts instead of playing "pirate of
the seven seas" and get results legally.

George L
Posted to rec.food.cooking

George wrote on Thu, 10 Jun 2010 13:49:16 -0500:

> On 6/10/2010 11:38 AM, Mark Thorson wrote:
>> He pleads guilty for acid attack.
>>
>> http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/worl.../11/2003475166

> Looks like they are throwing him under the bus. Hypocrites.

> FWIW... I am in complete agreement that whaling should be
> totally illegal but I am in complete opposition to the tactics
> that the Sea Shepard Conservation Society and Paul Watson
> employs.

> Spend your money fighting in the courts instead of playing
> "pirate of the seven seas" and get results legally.

I am against all whale killing (and murder, for that matter) but I don't
think terrorism is the way to prevent them. It's a bit like revenge,
which just perpetuates injustice and on the level of the Taliban killing
a seven-year old to teach his parents a lesson.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 10, 11:49*am, Food Snob® > wrote:
> On Jun 10, 11:38*am, Mark Thorson > wrote:
>
> > He pleads guilty for acid attack.

> >http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/worl.../11/2003475166

> I approve of anti-whaling terrorists. *I'd like to see them kill every
> single Japanese "researcher." *Kill the captain, then cut him up into
> chum to attract the sharks, then throw the rest of the crew in.
>
> --Bryan

Japan has a goal this year of something like 260 whales. Karma needs
to find them, fast.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/10/2010 9:49 AM, Food Snob® wrote:

> I approve of anti-whaling terrorists. I'd like to see them kill every
> single Japanese "researcher." Kill the captain, then cut him up into
> chum to attract the sharks, then throw the rest of the crew in.
>
> --Bryan

Why does this not surprise me? I always suspected you were a closet or
currently undiscovered homicidal sociopath. You just attempt to hide it
behind a false air of superiority and delusions of grandeur.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 10, 2:12*pm, "James Silverton" >
wrote:
> *George *wrote *on Thu, 10 Jun 2010 13:49:16 -0500:
>
> > On 6/10/2010 11:38 AM, Mark Thorson wrote:
> >> He pleads guilty for acid attack.

> >>http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/worl.../11/2003475166

> > Looks like they are throwing him under the bus. *Hypocrites.
> > FWIW... I am in complete agreement that whaling should be
> > totally illegal but I am in complete opposition to the tactics
> > that the Sea Shepard Conservation Society and Paul Watson
> > employs.
> > Spend your money fighting in the courts instead of playing
> > "pirate of the seven seas" and get results legally.

The Japanese didn't back down in 1945 until they were terrorized into
doing so.

> I am against all whale killing (and murder, for that matter) but I don't
> think terrorism is the way to prevent them. It's a bit like revenge,
> which just perpetuates injustice and on the level of the Taliban killing
> a seven-year old to teach his parents a lesson.

Not at all. The 7YO is innocent. The whalers are not. One person's
terrorist...

> --
>
> James Silverton

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 10, 6:33*pm, T > wrote:
> On 6/10/2010 9:49 AM, Food Snob wrote:
>

> > I approve of anti-whaling terrorists. *I'd like to see them kill every
> > single Japanese "researcher." *Kill the captain, then cut him up into
> > chum to attract the sharks, then throw the rest of the crew in.

> > --Bryan

> Why does this not surprise me? I always suspected you were a closet or
> currently undiscovered homicidal sociopath. You just attempt to hide it
> behind a false air of superiority and delusions of grandeur.

I have never hidden my approval of revenge. The only reason that I
don't approve of torturing captured prisoners is that most
intelligence experts seem to believe that it is less effective than
other approaches in getting good intelligence. If I had my way,
captured al Qaeda folks would be given involuntary sex changes, and
their minds would be brainwashed with massive doses of LSD. Then
they'd be videotaped being raped, and the videos sent back to Yemen,
or Saudi, or wherever.

I've said all of this stuff before. There never was a closet.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George Leppla" > wrote in message
> On 6/10/2010 11:38 AM, Mark Thorson wrote:
>> He pleads guilty for acid attack.
>>
>> http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/worl.../11/2003475166

> Looks like they are throwing him under the bus. Hypocrites.

No, they are enforcing their rules. They also evicted numerous members who
didn't want to go along with a strict alcohol free ship policy. To stay
within the law they have to be very careful about what they allow their
people to do. If you watch the series, Watson had real reservations about
Bethune but gave him a chance. Still, the Japanese harpoon vessel
deliberately attacked the boat Bethune was piloting.

> FWIW... I am in complete agreement that whaling should be totally illegal
> but I am in complete opposition to the tactics that the Sea Shepard
> Conservation Society and Paul Watson employs.

Why? They use non-lethal; means to keep whales from being killed. They
operate under the Dutch flag and the Dutch have established clear rules for
them to follow. Not one person has been injured by their activity. However
numerous SS members have been hurt by the whalers. In one episode you can
see the whalers deploying a LRAD device against the helicopter in a direct
attempt to crash it into the sea.

http://www.seashepherd.org/news-and-...-090611-1.html

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> George wrote on Thu, 10 Jun 2010 13:49:16 -0500:
>
>> On 6/10/2010 11:38 AM, Mark Thorson wrote:
>>> He pleads guilty for acid attack.
>>>
>>> http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/worl.../11/2003475166

>> Looks like they are throwing him under the bus. Hypocrites.

>> FWIW... I am in complete agreement that whaling should be
>> totally illegal but I am in complete opposition to the tactics
>> that the Sea Shepard Conservation Society and Paul Watson
>> employs.

>> Spend your money fighting in the courts instead of playing
>> "pirate of the seven seas" and get results legally.

> I am against all whale killing (and murder, for that matter) but I don't
> think terrorism is the way to prevent them. It's a bit like revenge, which
> just perpetuates injustice and on the level of the Taliban killing a
> seven-year old to teach his parents a lesson.

What the Sea Sheppard does is completely legal. They are acting within
international law and fly the Dutch flag and answer to Dutch authority.
They are not terrorists by any definitions of the word.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> George Leppla wrote:
>>
>> On 6/10/2010 11:38 AM, Mark Thorson wrote:
>> > He pleads guilty for acid attack.
>> >
>> > http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/worl.../11/2003475166

>> Looks like they are throwing him under the bus. Hypocrites.

> There is no honor among environmental terrorists.

He broke established rules. For that he got evicted. Just like the kids
who got drunk on the SS. They got let go as well. When you run an
organization like the SS you cannot let loose cannons ruin your mission.
Bethune was a bit of a hot head and despite the fact that the Japanese
rammed his boat deliberately he had no authority to do what he subsequently
did.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:23:07 -0700 (PDT), --Bryan wrote:

> On Jun 10, 6:33*pm, T > wrote:
>> On 6/10/2010 9:49 AM, Food Snob wrote:
>>

>>> I approve of anti-whaling terrorists. *I'd like to see them kill every
>>> single Japanese "researcher." *Kill the captain, then cut him up into
>>> chum to attract the sharks, then throw the rest of the crew in.

>>> --Bryan

>> Why does this not surprise me? I always suspected you were a closet or
>> currently undiscovered homicidal sociopath. You just attempt to hide it
>> behind a false air of superiority and delusions of grandeur.

> I have never hidden my approval of revenge. The only reason that I
> don't approve of torturing captured prisoners is that most
> intelligence experts seem to believe that it is less effective than
> other approaches in getting good intelligence. If I had my way,
> captured al Qaeda folks would be given involuntary sex changes, and
> their minds would be brainwashed with massive doses of LSD. Then
> they'd be videotaped being raped, and the videos sent back to Yemen,
> or Saudi, or wherever.
>
> I've said all of this stuff before. There never was a closet.
>
> --Bryan

charming.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:57:25 -0700, Paul M. Cook wrote:

> "James Silverton" > wrote in message
>> George wrote on Thu, 10 Jun 2010 13:49:16 -0500:

>>> Looks like they are throwing him under the bus. Hypocrites.

>>> FWIW... I am in complete agreement that whaling should be
>>> totally illegal but I am in complete opposition to the tactics
>>> that the Sea Shepard Conservation Society and Paul Watson
>>> employs.

>>> Spend your money fighting in the courts instead of playing
>>> "pirate of the seven seas" and get results legally.

>> I am against all whale killing (and murder, for that matter) but I don't
>> think terrorism is the way to prevent them. It's a bit like revenge, which
>> just perpetuates injustice and on the level of the Taliban killing a
>> seven-year old to teach his parents a lesson.
>>

> What the Sea Sheppard does is completely legal. They are acting within
> international law and fly the Dutch flag and answer to Dutch authority.
> They are not terrorists by any definitions of the word.
>
> Paul

i'm not sure where this 'terrorism' jazz is coming from, either. are the
sea shepherds blowing up civilians?

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:42:32 -0700, Mark Thorson wrote:

> George Leppla wrote:
>>
>> On 6/10/2010 11:38 AM, Mark Thorson wrote:
>>> He pleads guilty for acid attack.
>>>
>>> http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/worl.../11/2003475166

>> Looks like they are throwing him under the bus. Hypocrites.

> There is no honor among environmental terrorists.

ooh, a rancid butter stink bomb!

blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
. ..
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:57:25 -0700, Paul M. Cook wrote:

>>> I am against all whale killing (and murder, for that matter) but I don't
>>> think terrorism is the way to prevent them. It's a bit like revenge,
>>> which
>>> just perpetuates injustice and on the level of the Taliban killing a
>>> seven-year old to teach his parents a lesson.
>>>

>> What the Sea Sheppard does is completely legal. They are acting within
>> international law and fly the Dutch flag and answer to Dutch authority.
>> They are not terrorists by any definitions of the word.
>>
>> Paul

> i'm not sure where this 'terrorism' jazz is coming from, either. are the
> sea shepherds blowing up civilians?

Terrorism is now a word that has been so overused it has completely lost its
meaning.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 11, 11:35*am, blake murphy > wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:23:07 -0700 (PDT), --Bryan wrote:

> >> Why does this not surprise me? I always suspected you were a closet or
> >> currently undiscovered homicidal sociopath. You just attempt to hide it
> >> behind a false air of superiority and delusions of grandeur.

> > I have never hidden my approval of revenge. *The only reason that I
> > don't approve of torturing captured prisoners is that most
> > intelligence experts seem to believe that it is less effective than
> > other approaches in getting good intelligence. *If I had my way,
> > captured al Qaeda folks would be given involuntary sex changes, and
> > their minds would be brainwashed with massive doses of LSD. *Then
> > they'd be videotaped being raped, and the videos sent back to Yemen,
> > or Saudi, or wherever.

> > I've said all of this stuff before. *There never was a closet.

> > --Bryan

> charming.

But true.

> blake

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 11, 11:44*am, blake murphy > wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:42:32 -0700, Mark Thorson wrote:
> > George Leppla wrote:

> >> Looks like they are throwing him under the bus. *Hypocrites.

> > There is no honor among environmental terrorists.

> ooh, a rancid butter stink bomb!

He must not have been vegan.

> blake

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/10/2010 8:11 PM, --Bryan wrote:
> On Jun 10, 2:12 pm, "James >
> wrote:
>> George wrote on Thu, 10 Jun 2010 13:49:16 -0500:

>>> Looks like they are throwing him under the bus. Hypocrites.
>>> FWIW... I am in complete agreement that whaling should be
>>> totally illegal but I am in complete opposition to the tactics
>>> that the Sea Shepard Conservation Society and Paul Watson
>>> employs.
>>> Spend your money fighting in the courts instead of playing
>>> "pirate of the seven seas" and get results legally.

> The Japanese didn't back down in 1945 until they were terrorized into
> doing so.

And it took two atomic bombs and the Red Army to pull that off. You
really think they'll back down for a bunch of ecoloons?

>> I am against all whale killing (and murder, for that matter) but I don't
>> think terrorism is the way to prevent them. It's a bit like revenge,
>> which just perpetuates injustice and on the level of the Taliban killing
>> a seven-year old to teach his parents a lesson.

> Not at all. The 7YO is innocent. The whalers are not. One person's
> terrorist...

**** off the Japs enough and they may decide that it's time to turn that
self defense force back into a Navy and start using it. Do my heart
good to see Sea Shepherd eat a Harpoon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/10/2010 8:57 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
> "James > wrote in message
>> George wrote on Thu, 10 Jun 2010 13:49:16 -0500:

>>> Looks like they are throwing him under the bus. Hypocrites.

>>> FWIW... I am in complete agreement that whaling should be
>>> totally illegal but I am in complete opposition to the tactics
>>> that the Sea Shepard Conservation Society and Paul Watson
>>> employs.

>>> Spend your money fighting in the courts instead of playing
>>> "pirate of the seven seas" and get results legally.

>> I am against all whale killing (and murder, for that matter) but I don't
>> think terrorism is the way to prevent them. It's a bit like revenge, which
>> just perpetuates injustice and on the level of the Taliban killing a
>> seven-year old to teach his parents a lesson.
>>

> What the Sea Sheppard does is completely legal. They are acting within
> international law and fly the Dutch flag and answer to Dutch authority.
> They are not terrorists by any definitions of the word.

Nope, it is not legal at all to violate the rules of navigation, which
they do regularly.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 12, 8:14*pm, "J. Clarke" > wrote:
> On 6/10/2010 8:11 PM, --Bryan wrote:
>

> > On Jun 10, 2:12 pm, "James >
> > wrote:

> > The Japanese didn't back down in 1945 until they were terrorized into
> > doing so.

> And it took two atomic bombs and the Red Army to pull that off. *You
> really think they'll back down for a bunch of ecoloons?

The whaling thing is nowhere near the loss of face that the 1945
surrender was. IIRC, the only condition of that surrender was no
punishment for the emperor.

> >> I am against all whale killing (and murder, for that matter) but I don't
> >> think terrorism is the way to prevent them. It's a bit like revenge,
> >> which just perpetuates injustice and on the level of the Taliban killing
> >> a seven-year old to teach his parents a lesson.

> > Not at all. *The 7YO is innocent. *The whalers are not. *One person's
> > terrorist...

> **** off the Japs enough and they may decide that it's time to turn that
> self defense force back into a Navy and start using it. *

Yeah, right. They're going to withdraw from the nuke treaty because a
tiny non-governmental activist group massacres a few of their
nationals. Are they really going to attack any state that condemns
the action? Any terrorist who isn't willing to die for his cause
should consider a different course of action. Sitting on the
sidelines, I'd find it entertaining.

Do my heart good to see Sea Shepherd eat a Harpoon.

Just like it'd do mine to see a Japanese whaler on the end of a
harpoon.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"J. Clarke" > wrote in message
> On 6/10/2010 8:57 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:

>>> I am against all whale killing (and murder, for that matter) but I don't
>>> think terrorism is the way to prevent them. It's a bit like revenge,
>>> which
>>> just perpetuates injustice and on the level of the Taliban killing a
>>> seven-year old to teach his parents a lesson.
>>>

>> What the Sea Sheppard does is completely legal. They are acting within
>> international law and fly the Dutch flag and answer to Dutch authority.
>> They are not terrorists by any definitions of the word.

> Nope, it is not legal at all to violate the rules of navigation, which
> they do regularly.

The Dutch government shut down their practice of heaving the butyric acid
from ship top ship. Now it has to be done only from the skiffs. So what
kind of lawless pirates obey the rules they are given? If SS actually did
violate laws they would be shut down in a second.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/13/2010 3:04 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
> "J. > wrote in message

>>> What the Sea Sheppard does is completely legal. They are acting within
>>> international law and fly the Dutch flag and answer to Dutch authority.
>>> They are not terrorists by any definitions of the word.

>> Nope, it is not legal at all to violate the rules of navigation, which
>> they do regularly.

> The Dutch government shut down their practice of heaving the butyric acid
> from ship top ship. Now it has to be done only from the skiffs. So what
> kind of lawless pirates obey the rules they are given? If SS actually did
> violate laws they would be shut down in a second.

Only if it can be proven to a court with jurisdiction over them.