Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Electric knife sharpener

I am considering purchase of an electric Chef's Choice knife sharpener
M130. Any comments on these?
==
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 29, 2:10*pm, Roy > wrote:
> I am considering purchase of an electric Chef's Choice knife sharpener
> M130. Any comments on these?
> ==

Here some good reviews.
http://www.galttech.com/research/hou...-sharpener.php
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 May 2010 14:10:20 -0700 (PDT), Roy >
wrote:

> I am considering purchase of an electric Chef's Choice knife sharpener
> M130. Any comments on these?
> ==

I have what is probably one of the original Chef's Choice sharpeners
and it's still going great. I shift between that and a stone,
depending on how lazy I am at the moment (meaning do I really want to
dig out the sharpener and plug it in).

Have your knives sharpened professionally from time to time and Chef's
Choice will help keep them in good shape between.

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>I am considering purchase of an electric Chef's Choice knife sharpener
>M130. Any comments on these?
>==

Chef's choice always gets high rantings. I've got an older model 100.
It's three stage and makes knives like a razor in a minute or two.
It looks the 130 is 3 stage too. You'll be happy.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 29, 5:11*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> On Sat, 29 May 2010 14:10:20 -0700 (PDT), Roy >
> wrote:
>
> >I am considering purchase of an electric Chef's Choice knife sharpener
> >M130. Any comments on these?
> >==

> Chef's choice always gets high rantings. *I've got an older model 100.
> It's three stage and makes knives like a razor in a minute or two.
> It looks the 130 is 3 stage too. *You'll be happy.
>
> Lou

==
Thanks all for your replies...I believe I will go for it.
==

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/29/2010 4:10 PM, Roy wrote:
> I am considering purchase of an electric Chef's Choice knife sharpener
> M130. Any comments on these?
> ==

I've never heard of anybody sharpening an electric knife...

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 29, 7:09*pm, zxcvbob > wrote:
> On 5/29/2010 4:10 PM, Roy wrote:
>
> > I am considering purchase of an electric Chef's Choice knife sharpener
> > M130. Any comments on these?
> > ==

> I've never heard of anybody sharpening an electric knife...
>
> Bob

==
Well, stik arond...U ain't herd every ting yit.
==
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 29, 4:10*pm, Roy > wrote:
> I am considering purchase of an electric Chef's Choice knife sharpener
> M130. Any comments on these?
> ==

I have it and I'm mightily impressed with it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Roy wrote:

> I am considering purchase of an electric Chef's Choice knife
> sharpener. Any comments on these?

Those silly things are the very worst way to sharpen a knife. Grinding
dry they over heat the edge removing blade temper... they're for
dummies who know nothing of metalurgy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 May 2010 11:22:10 -0400, brooklyn1
> wrote:

>Roy wrote:
>>
>> I am considering purchase of an electric Chef's Choice knife
>> sharpener. Any comments on these?

>Those silly things are the very worst way to sharpen a knife. Grinding
>dry they over heat the edge removing blade temper... they're for
>dummies who know nothing of metalurgy.

Most folks just want a sharp knife shemp and don't care for a science
lesson. My knives will out-live me with or without a knife sharpener.

Lou