Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ideas For Extruded Food

In article >,
Mark Thorson > wrote:

> I'm wondering what would be an interesting coaxially
> extruded sausage? Maybe something like green chorizo
> on the inside and regular chorizo on the outside,
> though I'd probably prefer something more like Italian
> sausage. The chorizo I've had was more finely ground
> than I like in sausage. Maybe I could invent a green
> Italian sausage.

You could try making coppa veneziana. See:
http://www.molinarisalame.com/p_coppa.html

Or, you could try for a Guinness world record for largest corn dog.

D.M.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Don Martinich wrote:

> You could try making coppa veneziana. See:
> http://www.molinarisalame.com/p_coppa.html

The text description sounds like something I could do,
but the picture does not look like a two-phase
coaxially extruded meat product.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Mark Thorson > wrote:

> Don Martinich wrote:
> >
> > You could try making coppa veneziana. See:
> > http://www.molinarisalame.com/p_coppa.html

> The text description sounds like something I could do,
> but the picture does not look like a two-phase
> coaxially extruded meat product.

It's a very poor picture, particularly so, since it's an online store.
It really is a coppa cylinder with an outer layer of salami paste
stuffed into a beef bung. I've seen them in the flesh. It's, like,
totally coaxial, dude!

D.M.