Member

Location: New York, NY
Default Artistic Taste to offer Food or Event advice

I am the owner of Artistic Taste, a culinary creations company based in Manhattan New York.
I have been in the Culinary field for nearly 20 years as a chef and an event planner, and love to chat about food, wine and events. If anyone would like to share ideas, or possibly needs some advice for an upcoming event they are hosting, or a wedding, we can chat about menus or even money saving ideas.
To learn a little more about my background, you can visit my website and read my About Us page at Artistic Taste | Home
This is purely to get folks talking and for sharing ideas. I love to offer them and hear whats going on elsewhere. Since I started my new business, I have been so involved with it, I have missed the opportunity to talk food and events. Also, if anyone knows of any good wine tastings or foodie events coming up in Manhattan, please let me know.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 7, 8:50*pm, Artistic Taste <Artistic.Taste.
> wrote:
> I am the owner of Artistic Taste, a culinary creations company based in
> Manhattan New York.
> I have been in the Culinary field for nearly 20 years as a chef and an
> event planner, and love to chat about food, wine and events. If anyone
> would like to share ideas, or possibly needs some advice for an upcoming
> event they are hosting, or a wedding, we can chat about menus or even
> money saving ideas.
> To learn a little more about my background, you can visit my website and
> read my About Us page at 'Artistic Taste | Home'
> (http://www.artistictaste.com)
> This is purely to get folks talking and for sharing ideas. I love to
> offer them and hear whats going on elsewhere. Since I started my new
> business, I have been so involved with it, I have missed the opportunity
> to talk food and events. Also, if anyone knows of any good wine tastings
> or foodie events coming up in Manhattan, please let me know.
>
> --
> Artistic Taste

That's what we've been doing here for years, dude. You are welcome to
jump in, but nobody cares about your business.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2010-05-07 17:50:58 -0700, Artistic Taste said:

> This is purely to get folks talking and for sharing ideas.

We thought of that too!

> I love to offer them and hear whats going on elsewhere. Since I started my new
> business, I have been so involved with it, I have missed the opportunity
> to talk food and events. Also, if anyone knows of any good wine tastings
> or foodie events coming up in Manhattan, please let me know.

Welcome! Read all the posts for three weeks straight, horseshit and
pontification alike, with boatloads of vindictive name-calling about
who-knows-what kind of age-old grudges. When you're all done you'll
know exactly which pile of horseshit to step in, and which ones to eat
with a little salt and and maybe some fresh parsley.

It's gonna be great! Or--just another possibility, mind you--we'll
never hear from you again.

Usenet is like that.
--
If you limit your actions in life to things that nobody can possibly
find fault with, you will not do much. -- Lewis Carroll

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 7 May 2010 22:51:29 -0700, gtr wrote:

> On 2010-05-07 17:50:58 -0700, Artistic Taste said:
>
>> This is purely to get folks talking and for sharing ideas.

> We thought of that too!
>
>> I love to offer them and hear whats going on elsewhere. Since I started my new
>> business, I have been so involved with it, I have missed the opportunity
>> to talk food and events. Also, if anyone knows of any good wine tastings
>> or foodie events coming up in Manhattan, please let me know.

> Welcome! Read all the posts for three weeks straight, horseshit and
> pontification alike, with boatloads of vindictive name-calling about
> who-knows-what kind of age-old grudges. When you're all done you'll
> know exactly which pile of horseshit to step in, and which ones to eat
> with a little salt and and maybe some fresh parsley.
>
> It's gonna be great! Or--just another possibility, mind you--we'll
> never hear from you again.

i'm betting on the latter.

your pal,
blake
Member

Location: New York, NY

Wow, just trying to be friendly. Seems like a lot of bitter people here, lol.
I can see where this will get old very soon, but for the meantime, I'll just have fun with the nice folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistic Taste View Post
I am the owner of Artistic Taste, a culinary creations company based in Manhattan New York.
I have been in the Culinary field for nearly 20 years as a chef and an event planner, and love to chat about food, wine and events. If anyone would like to share ideas, or possibly needs some advice for an upcoming event they are hosting, or a wedding, we can chat about menus or even money saving ideas.
To learn a little more about my background, you can visit my website and read my About Us page at Artistic Taste | Home
This is purely to get folks talking and for sharing ideas. I love to offer them and hear whats going on elsewhere. Since I started my new business, I have been so involved with it, I have missed the opportunity to talk food and events. Also, if anyone knows of any good wine tastings or foodie events coming up in Manhattan, please let me know.

Last edited by Artistic Taste : 09-05-2010 at 01:22 AM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Artistic Taste

In article >,
Artistic Taste > wrote:

> Wow, just trying to be friendly. Seems like a lot of bitter people here,
> lol.
> I can see where this will get old very soon, but for the meantime, I'll
> just have fun with the nice folks.

Hey, at least you re-appeared. <g>
Many do come and go, and get in trouble for introducing themselves by
shilling their website on their very first post.

A better way is to jump in as a contributing member, and drop your
website into your sig.

I've been here since 1996 and seen it a lot!

Anyway, welcome and I look forward to your contributions...
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Om wrote:

> Anyway, welcome and I look forward to your contributions...

Yes, and I note that Art's subsequent contributions have been fairly
interesting. Welcome!

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> Artistic Taste <food*******TROLL.com> wrote:
>
>> Wow, just trying to be friendly. Seems like a lot of bitter people here,
>> lol.
>> I can see where this will get old very soon, but for the meantime, I'll
>> just have fun with the nice folks.

>Hey, at least you re-appeared. <g>
>Many do come and go, and get in trouble for introducing themselves by
>shilling their website on their very first post.
>
>A better way is to jump in as a contributing member, and drop your
>website into your sig.
>
>I've been here since 1996 and seen it a lot!

It also helps a lot to not arrive with so smug a handle... when I see
a newbie call themself "Artistic Taste" all I see is someone who will
forever be known as Bullshit Artist TIAD. How did I miss this ugli
POS Food*******Troll.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Artistic Taste wrote:

> Wow, just trying to be friendly. Seems like a lot of bitter people here,
> lol.
> I can see where this will get old very soon, but for the meantime, I'll
> just have fun with the nice folks.

It's because you barge in here without ever having
read the newsgroup and spam your web site. We have
a low tolerance for commercial spammers.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2010-05-08 16:52:55 -0700, Artistic Taste said:

> Wow, just trying to be friendly. Seems like a lot of bitter people here,
> lol.
> I can see where this will get old very soon, but for the meantime, I'll
> just have fun with the nice folks.

My only significant words of advice: Get a dedicated newsreader with
options to killfile. Then plot a strategy. There is a striking amount
of vitriol. In between, some informed and interesting stuff.
--
If you limit your actions in life to things that nobody can possibly
find fault with, you will not do much. -- Lewis Carroll

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Thorson" wrote
> Artistic Taste wrote:

>> Wow, just trying to be friendly. Seems like a lot of bitter people here,
>> lol.
>> I can see where this will get old very soon, but for the meantime, I'll
>> just have fun with the nice folks.

> It's because you barge in here without ever having
> read the newsgroup and spam your web site. We have
> a low tolerance for commercial spammers.

Mark, granted he should have read first a bit (arriving from Foodbanter like
so many others who arent aware it's a newsgroup), but this one is joining in
normally in some threads. I'd give this one a polite tap for stating with
an ad, but he seems otherwise ok and didnt know better.

'AT', we get daily invites here to 'go see someone elses food blog' and most
never post anything else. Thats why the reaction. Folks dont come here to
find ads for other web sites. They come to chat about food and things
cooking related.

Member

Location: New York, NY

[...]
Thank you to the folks with the positive feedback and guidance. This is my first chat/forum that I've ever tried. I guess I had other expectations, lol.
As for the negative ones, it's too bad you can't enjoy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Artistic Taste > wrote:

> Wow, just trying to be friendly. Seems like a lot of bitter people here,

Not bitter, annoyed.
--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article >,
> Artistic Taste > wrote:
>
> > Wow, just trying to be friendly. Seems like a lot of bitter people here,

> Not bitter, annoyed.

He needs to spin critics of his behavior as the bad people.
He's trying to play the victim, after commercial spamming
of a discussion newsgroup. Shameful.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Artistic Taste > wrote:

> Artistic Taste;1472901 Wrote:
> > I am the owner of Artistic Taste, a culinary creations company based in
> > Manhattan New York.
> > I have been in the Culinary field for nearly 20 years as a chef and an
> > event planner, and love to chat about food, wine and events. If anyone
> > would like to share ideas, or possibly needs some advice for an upcoming
> > event they are hosting, or a wedding, we can chat about menus or even
> > money saving ideas.
> > To learn a little more about my background, you can visit my website and
> > read my About Us page at 'Artistic Taste | Home'
> > (http://www.artistictaste.com)
> > This is purely to get folks talking and for sharing ideas. I love to
> > offer them and hear whats going on elsewhere. Since I started my new
> > business, I have been so involved with it, I have missed the opportunity
> > to talk food and events. Also, if anyone knows of any good wine tastings
> > or foodie events coming up in Manhattan, please let me know.

> Thank you to the folks with the positive feedback and guidance. This is
> my first chat/forum that I've ever tried. I guess I had other
> expectations, lol.
> As for the negative ones, it's too bad you can't enjoy.

Welcome to usenet. <g>
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2010-05-09 12:55:33 -0700, Mark Thorson said:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>>
>> In article >,
>> Artistic Taste > wrote:
>>
>>> Wow, just trying to be friendly. Seems like a lot of bitter people here,

>> Not bitter, annoyed.

> He needs to spin critics of his behavior as the bad people.
> He's trying to play the victim, after commercial spamming
> of a discussion newsgroup. Shameful.

Yeah, but those of you who might have overlooked it--there's a lot of
bitter people here. Who knows why?
--
If you limit your actions in life to things that nobody can possibly
find fault with, you will not do much. -- Lewis Carroll

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 8 May 2010 12:12:54 -0400, blake murphy wrote:

> On Fri, 7 May 2010 22:51:29 -0700, gtr wrote:
>
>> On 2010-05-07 17:50:58 -0700, Artistic Taste said:
>>
>>> This is purely to get folks talking and for sharing ideas.

>> We thought of that too!
>>
>>> I love to offer them and hear whats going on elsewhere. Since I started my new
>>> business, I have been so involved with it, I have missed the opportunity
>>> to talk food and events. Also, if anyone knows of any good wine tastings
>>> or foodie events coming up in Manhattan, please let me know.

>> Welcome! Read all the posts for three weeks straight, horseshit and
>> pontification alike, with boatloads of vindictive name-calling about
>> who-knows-what kind of age-old grudges. When you're all done you'll
>> know exactly which pile of horseshit to step in, and which ones to eat
>> with a little salt and and maybe some fresh parsley.
>>
>> It's gonna be great! Or--just another possibility, mind you--we'll
>> never hear from you again.
>>

> i'm betting on the latter.
>
> your pal,
> blake

oops, guess i was wrong. welcome, a.t.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

gtr wrote:

> On 2010-05-09 12:55:33 -0700, Mark Thorson said:
>
> > He needs to spin critics of his behavior as the bad people.
> > He's trying to play the victim, after commercial spamming
> > of a discussion newsgroup. Shameful.

> Yeah, but those of you who might have overlooked it--there's a lot of
> bitter people here. Who knows why?

There are *** people here. That doesn't justify accusing
people of being *** as a form of defamation.

A spammer trying to play the victim by slandering
his critics is behaving in a nasty way. The guy
is a jerk.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Artistic Taste > wrote:

>Wow, just trying to be friendly. Seems like a lot of bitter people here,
>lol.

LOL indeed. Are you twelve? What's next, pulling earrings?

>I can see where this will get old very soon, but for the meantime, I'll
>just have fun with the nice folks.

Just as a clue, nice folks say "oops, I'm sorry" instead of "wow, you're
bitter" when caught up in a mistake.

ObFood: first roadstand local cherries of the season. Whoohoo, good
times!

Charlotte
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Charlotte L. Blackmer wrote:

> ObFood: first roadstand local cherries of the season. Whoohoo, good
> times!

We've been getting the Brooks cherries for the last couple of weeks.
Good stuff.

--Lin

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 May 2010 02:37:15 +0000 (UTC),
(Charlotte L. Blackmer) wrote:

>ObFood: first roadstand local cherries of the season. Whoohoo, good
>times!
>
>Charlotte
>--

Where did you get those?

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Lin > wrote:
>Charlotte L. Blackmer wrote:
>
>> ObFood: first roadstand local cherries of the season. Whoohoo, good
>> times!

>We've been getting the Brooks cherries for the last couple of weeks.
>Good stuff.

That's what the red cherries were identified as. They also had a couple
baskets of Rainiers.

Chris - this was at "The Farmer's Wife" farmstand in Carmichael, one of
the last vestiges of its agricultural past. It's on Winding Way at
Hackberry (which has a signal now), which is a short ways east of
Manzanita. Open daily now: weekdays till 6 pm, weekends till 4.

They had Early Girl and Roma tomatoes too.

Charlotte

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Charlotte L. Blackmer wrote:

> That's what the red cherries were identified as. They also had a couple
> baskets of Rainiers.

Hadn't seen the Rainiers here yet, and those are some of Bob's favorites.

> Chris - this was at "The Farmer's Wife" farmstand in Carmichael, one of
> the last vestiges of its agricultural past. It's on Winding Way at
> Hackberry (which has a signal now), which is a short ways east of
> Manzanita. Open daily now: weekdays till 6 pm, weekends till 4.
>
> They had Early Girl and Roma tomatoes too.

Carmichael, eh? I'll have to look for this place!

--Lin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 09 May 2010 19:55:00 -0700, Lin
> wrote:

..
>Carmichael, eh? I'll have to look for this place!
>
>--Lin

I know exactly where it is, Lin. It used to be one of my regular
places to stop, when I lived in the area....

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cherries! was Artistic Taste to offer Food or Event advice

In article >,
Lin > wrote:
>Charlotte L. Blackmer wrote:

[Brooks cherries]

>> That's what the red cherries were identified as. They also had a couple
>> baskets of Rainiers.

>Hadn't seen the Rainiers here yet, and those are some of Bob's favorites.
>
>> Chris - this was at "The Farmer's Wife" farmstand in Carmichael, one of
>> the last vestiges of its agricultural past. It's on Winding Way at
>> Hackberry (which has a signal now), which is a short ways east of
>> Manzanita. Open daily now: weekdays till 6 pm, weekends till 4.
>>
>> They had Early Girl and Roma tomatoes too.

>Carmichael, eh? I'll have to look for this place!

Ooops! On rereading this ... Hackberry is WEST of Manzanita, not EAST.

Antelope is the exit we use coming that way on I-80 because it's less
backtracking; exit, turn left at end of ramp, go back over the freeway,
and then turn right at the first signal immediately past the interchange.
Road does a S-curve and becomes Van Maren Lane, then Dewey Drive.
Dead-ends on Winding; turn right. Hackberry is just past the curve on
Winding Way and the Farmer's Wife is on the north side. They don't open
till 10, so don't go earrrrrly.

(and this time I really mean north, not south)

The farmstands in Davis and Dixon all had their "cherry" beacons on as
well, but I caught the FW before they closed. Next month when I'm up I
hope that Dad's tree (Bing) has produced, although I might be on the
lookout for apricots at Central Valley prices - normally they are played
out by mid-June, but this is going to be a late year.

Charlotte

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Charlotte L. Blackmer wrote:

> Ooops! On rereading this ... Hackberry is WEST of Manzanita, not EAST.

Noted. I shall pass this on to Bob who is the navigator in the family. I
like to drive! ;-)

I'm particularly interested in the early tomatoes! Most of what I'm
seeing around here are mushy hot house tomatoes, or ones from Mexico.

--Lin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 9, 2:49*am, gtr > wrote:
> On 2010-05-08 16:52:55 -0700, Artistic Taste said:
>
> > Wow, just trying to be friendly. Seems like a lot of bitter people here,
> > lol.
> > I can see where this will get old very soon, but for the meantime, I'll
> > just have fun with the nice folks.

> My only significant words of advice: Get a dedicated newsreader with
> options to killfile...

Killfiles are for people with NO self control.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 9, 9:37*pm, (Charlotte L. Blackmer) wrote:
> In article >,
> Artistic Taste > wrote:
>

> >Wow, just trying to be friendly. Seems like a lot of bitter people here,
> >lol.

> LOL indeed. *Are you twelve? *What's next, pulling earrings? *
>
> >I can see where this will get old very soon, but for the meantime, I'll
> >just have fun with the nice folks.

> Just as a clue, nice folks say "oops, I'm sorry" instead of "wow, you're
> bitter" when caught up in a mistake. *
>
> ObFood: *first roadstand local cherries of the season. *Whoohoo, good
> times! *

How much? I mean $ per lb, or whatever?

I miss $0.99/lb cherries! Probably never see 'em that cheap again, I'm
afraid.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
John Kuthe > wrote:
>On May 9, 2:49*am, gtr > wrote:
>> On 2010-05-08 16:52:55 -0700, Artistic Taste said:
>>
>> > Wow, just trying to be friendly. Seems like a lot of bitter people here,
>> > lol.
>> > I can see where this will get old very soon, but for the meantime, I'll
>> > just have fun with the nice folks.

>> My only significant words of advice: Get a dedicated newsreader with
>> options to killfile...

>Killfiles are for people with NO self control.

Quite the opposite, in my experience. Basically I know who I don't want
to read already. The software does the work in much less time than I
would be able to do it in manually, and it does it consistently, not just
when I "feel like" exercising self control. IOW if I'm having an off day,
the tool will still work merrily along.

I get plenty of practice in the "manual" exercise anyway with the
replies-to, e.g., when someone I read engages the jerks. I could
zap those too, but it hasn't gotten to that point yet even with the #1
offender.

RFC would be a better place if a lot of people got KFs and used them;
there are a lot of really useless ****ing matches that are so totally not
about food, mostly started by people who really get off on negative
attention, and these tend to drive people away. I was gone for a while
myself primarily because of them.

ObFood: Mother's Day dinner today starred Costco filet mignon, barbequed
by Dad. That was a mighty fine piece of meat.

Charlotte

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2010-05-09 20:30:28 -0700, John Kuthe said:

> On May 9, 2:49*am, gtr > wrote:
>> On 2010-05-08 16:52:55 -0700, Artistic Taste said:
>>
>>> Wow, just trying to be friendly. Seems like a lot of bitter people here,
>>> lol.
>>> I can see where this will get old very soon, but for the meantime, I'll
>>> just have fun with the nice folks.

>> My only significant words of advice: Get a dedicated newsreader with
>> options to killfile...

> Killfiles are for people with NO self control.

Or no patience with a 75% noise usenet group.
--
If you limit your actions in life to things that nobody can possibly
find fault with, you will not do much. -- Lewis Carroll

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/10/2010 12:14 AM, Charlotte L. Blackmer wrote:
> In >,
> John > wrote:

>>> My only significant words of advice: Get a dedicated newsreader with
>>> options to killfile...

>> Killfiles are for people with NO self control.

> Quite the opposite, in my experience. Basically I know who I don't want
> to read already. The software does the work in much less time than I
> would be able to do it in manually, and it does it consistently, not just
> when I "feel like" exercising self control. IOW if I'm having an off day,
> the tool will still work merrily along.

And if you've got a good powerful one (like Hamster--a proxy, not a
newsreader) it can often kill sock puppets as well. I have it set up
kill posts from particular IP addresses--no matter how many sock puppets
they come up with they're still in the killfile until their ISP pulls
the plug on them or assigns them a new IP.

> I get plenty of practice in the "manual" exercise anyway with the
> replies-to, e.g., when someone I read engages the jerks. I could
> zap those too, but it hasn't gotten to that point yet even with the #1
> offender.

Another thing Hamster lets me do is kill posts that contain particular
attributions, so I can kill a troll and all replies to that troll
without killing other posts by the folks who respond to the troll.