Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Rockpool Bar and Grill...Sydney restaurant

On May 3, 1:19*am, "PeterL(aptop)" > wrote:
> The BIL has decided that he's going to shout me dinner when I'm down there
> and has already made a booking.
>
> He must like me ;-)
>
> http://www.rockpool.com/sydney/bar-and-grill/
>
> --
> _________
>
> Peter
> in Brisbane
> Australia

Peter, I visited the site and in the "Restaurant" part of the site
found pictures of dishes. One appeared to be a dish of green peas
with a barely cooked sunny side-up egg in the center sprinkled with
herbs. What is the dish called? Have I described it accurately? Are
mushy peas involved?
Thanks,
Ruth
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mookie > wrote in
:

> On May 3, 1:19*am, "PeterL(aptop)" > wrote:
>> The BIL has decided that he's going to shout me dinner when I'm down
>> ther

>> and has already made a booking.
>>
>> He must like me ;-)
>>
>> http://www.rockpool.com/sydney/bar-and-grill/
>>
>> --
>> _________
>>
>> Peter
>> in Brisbane
>> Australia

> Peter, I visited the site and in the "Restaurant" part of the site
> found pictures of dishes. One appeared to be a dish of green peas
> with a barely cooked sunny side-up egg in the center sprinkled with
> herbs. What is the dish called? Have I described it accurately? Are
> mushy peas involved?
> Thanks,
> Ruth

Went and had a look......... and checked the menu.
It's one of the sides...........

Sides
Potato and Cabbage Gratin $9 / $11
Potato Puree $9
Pink Eye Potatoes Sauteed with Wagyu Fat and
Rosemary $10
Hand Cut Fat Chips $12
“Mac and Cheese” $9 / $11
Mushy Peas with Slow Cooked Egg $9
Organic Carrots Inspired by St John $9
Boiled Mixed Greens
with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Lemon $9
Sautéed Mixed Mushrooms $25
Onion Rings $9
Charcoal Oven Roast Pumpkin and Sweet Potato
with Garlic Yoghurt and Burnt Butter $9
Braised Cavolo Nero and Silverbeet with Chilli,
Garlic and Parmesan $9
Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Speck $9

Yep, mushy peas with a slow cooked egg. It probably goes with one of the
mains..... although I'd rather have a gourmet meat pie sitting on the
peas ;-)

--
_________

Peter
in Brisbane
Australia

Rockpool Bar and Grill...Sydney restaurant PeterL(aptop) General Cooking 4 04-05-2010 10:19 AM
Rockpool Bar and Grill...Sydney restaurant Michael General Cooking 0 04-05-2010 08:33 AM
New to Sydney Sydneymale Beer 6 22-10-2004 12:36 PM
[Sydney, Australia]: Review of Chinese Noodle Restaurant, Haymarket - Budget: Backpacker Affordable Sydney South Foodie Restaurants 1 20-10-2003 04:00 PM
golden corral restaurant grill tgodiver Barbecue 17 07-10-2003 06:00 PM