Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Top 50 Restaurants in the World

Has anyone to RFC ever been to one of them...? I wonder how Thomas
Keller feels after his French Laundry dropped so drastically?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/04/27...nts/index.html

http://www.theworlds50best.com/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 27, 7:29*pm, Goomba > wrote:
> Has anyone to RFC ever been to one of them...? I wonder how Thomas
> Keller feels after his French Laundry dropped so drastically?
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/04/27...nts/index.html
>
> http://www.theworlds50best.com/

I wish.

I wonder what's happened to Charlie Trotter's though - it's nowhere in
sight.

Kris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 27, 6:29*pm, Goomba > wrote:
> Has anyone to RFC ever been to one of them...? I wonder how Thomas
> Keller feels after his French Laundry dropped so drastically?
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/04/27...nts/index.html
>
> http://www.theworlds50best.com/

45 New Entry wd~50 USA

!!!

:-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Apr 27, 6:29 pm, Goomba > wrote:
>> Has anyone to RFC ever been to one of them...? I wonder how Thomas
>> Keller feels after his French Laundry dropped so drastically?
>>
>> http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/04/27...nts/index.html
>>
>> http://www.theworlds50best.com/

> 45 New Entry wd~50 USA
>
> !!!
>
> :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

Are you saying you've been to WD-50?
What'dya eat? How was it?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kris" > wrote in message
On Apr 27, 7:29 pm, Goomba > wrote:
> Has anyone to RFC ever been to one of them...? I wonder how Thomas
> Keller feels after his French Laundry dropped so drastically?
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/04/27...nts/index.html
>
> http://www.theworlds50best.com/

Might be in the 2nd 50. The full list is 100 long and will be published in
Restaurant magazine.
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

graham wrote:
> "Kris" > wrote in message
> On Apr 27, 7:29 pm, Goomba > wrote:
>> Has anyone to RFC ever been to one of them...? I wonder how Thomas
>> Keller feels after his French Laundry dropped so drastically?
>>
>> http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/04/27...nts/index.html
>>
>> http://www.theworlds50best.com/

> Might be in the 2nd 50. The full list is 100 long and will be published in
> Restaurant magazine.
> Graham

No, he's still in the top 50, just took a big drop from his previous
standing.
You can find the link to the entire 100 on the second link I provided
earlier. I don't know or recognize many of these restaurants. I need to
get out more
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 00:52:10 -0400, Goomba >
wrote:

..
>No, he's still in the top 50, just took a big drop from his previous
>standing.

He has another restaurant that did better than the French Laundry. Per
Se is the east coast version of the French Laundry.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 27, 10:52*pm, Goomba > wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
> > On Apr 27, 6:29 pm, Goomba > wrote:
> >> Has anyone to RFC ever been to one of them...? I wonder how Thomas
> >> Keller feels after his French Laundry dropped so drastically?

> >>http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/04/27...nts/index.html

> >>http://www.theworlds50best.com/

> > 45 * * * * New Entry * * * wd~50 * USA

> > !!!

> > :-)

> > John Kuthe...

> Are you saying you've been to WD-50?
> What'dya eat? How was it?

I just liked the name. wd-50 is way beyond my price range right now,
aside from being in NYC and I'm not.

I checked out their website/menu though. Very fancy and upscale! Looks
good though.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe > wrote:
>Goomba > wrote:
>> John Kuthe wrote:

>> > 45 * * * * New Entry * * * wd~50 * USA

>> Are you saying you've been to WD-50?
>> What'dya eat? How was it?

Probably mystery meat loaf and dyhy mashed w/canned gravy.

WD-50 is a great restaurant name for a greasy spoon.... WD-50 must be
Super WD-40.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 19:29:10 -0400, in rec.food.cooking, Goomba wrote:

>Has anyone to RFC ever been to one of them...? I wonder how Thomas
>Keller feels after his French Laundry dropped so drastically?
>
>http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/04/27...nts/index.html
>
>http://www.theworlds50best.com/

I've been to Hibiscus when it was in Ludlow, it had its two stars then
also. We went twice, it was fantastic and didn't cost the earth then. Mind
you we went to lunch, not dinner. Lunch is still fairly reasonably priced.

Doug
--
Doug Weller --
A Director and Moderator of The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Doug Weller wrote:

> I've been to Hibiscus when it was in Ludlow, it had its two stars then
> also. We went twice, it was fantastic and didn't cost the earth then. Mind
> you we went to lunch, not dinner. Lunch is still fairly reasonably priced.
>
> Doug

Do you recall anything that you ate?