Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default EZ cracker

I saw a commercial for this uni-tasker:
https://www.ezcracker.com/?mid=547819&a=55959&s=495 the other day. I have
made a lot of stuff with eggs over the years: fried eggs, mayonnaise, baked
goods, I have even tried my hand at omelettes a few times, and probably
other stuff I am not remembering right now. I have no doubt that I have
gotten egg shells in the dish once in a rare while, but I hardly have the
horrendous problem that they describe in their commercial.

As for their "inisde the egg shell egg scrambler," I have done just fine
with a fork for years as well. As for seperating eggs, I have done it 3
ways: from egshell half to eggshell half, with a slotted spoon, and with my
hands. I prefer using my hands, I just recommend wahing your hands
immediately before using this method, even though you washed your hands
immediately before cooking.

Brian Christiansen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Brian Christiansen" > wrote:

> I saw a commercial for this uni-tasker:
> https://www.ezcracker.com/?mid=547819&a=55959&s=495 the other day. I have
> made a lot of stuff with eggs over the years: fried eggs, mayonnaise, baked
> goods, I have even tried my hand at omelettes a few times, and probably
> other stuff I am not remembering right now. I have no doubt that I have
> gotten egg shells in the dish once in a rare while, but I hardly have the
> horrendous problem that they describe in their commercial.
>
> As for their "inisde the egg shell egg scrambler," I have done just fine
> with a fork for years as well. As for seperating eggs, I have done it 3
> ways: from egshell half to eggshell half, with a slotted spoon, and with my
> hands. I prefer using my hands, I just recommend wahing your hands
> immediately before using this method, even though you washed your hands
> immediately before cooking.
>
> Brian Christiansen

Probably one of the most useless gadgets I've ever seen introduced to
the gadget market. <g>
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 03:08:16 -0700, Brian Christiansen wrote:

> I saw a commercial for this uni-tasker:
> https://www.ezcracker.com/?mid=547819&a=55959&s=495 the other day.

Another useless gadget. An invention without a purpose.

Even I get a tiny piece of shell in my cracked egg 1 out of 25
times, and my guess its that this things ain't perfect either.

Though if this is a TV commercial, I can imagine the shots of them
breaking eggs open and fumbling with them. Those commercials are
always so exaggerated.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Easy Cracker"

Oh, and I don't like the racial innuendos, thank you.

-sw (I ain't EZ)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brian Christiansen wrote:
> I saw a commercial for this uni-tasker:
> https://www.ezcracker.com/?mid=547819&a=55959&s=495 the other day. I
> have made a lot of stuff with eggs over the years: fried eggs,
> mayonnaise, baked goods, I have even tried my hand at omelettes a few
> times, and probably other stuff I am not remembering right now. I
> have no doubt that I have gotten egg shells in the dish once in a
> rare while, but I hardly have the horrendous problem that they
> describe in their commercial.

I posted about this at one time, it's the epitome of those commercials
we were talking about where they show morons getting eggs all
over the kitchen because they don't have this handy gadget. It
was comical yet irritating.

Yeah, let me empty space in my kitchen drawer for this space hog
so I can crack an egg.

> As for their "inisde the egg shell egg scrambler," I have done just
> fine with a fork for years as well. As for seperating eggs, I have
> done it 3 ways: from egshell half to eggshell half, with a slotted
> spoon, and with my hands. I prefer using my hands, I just recommend
> wahing your hands immediately before using this method, even though
> you washed your hands immediately before cooking.

I wonder how many of the things they have sold. And good luck getting
eggshells off hard boiled eggs with it.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/27/2010 6:08 AM, Brian Christiansen wrote:
> I saw a commercial for this uni-tasker:
> https://www.ezcracker.com/?mid=547819&a=55959&s=495 the other day. I have
> made a lot of stuff with eggs over the years: fried eggs, mayonnaise, baked
> goods, I have even tried my hand at omelettes a few times, and probably
> other stuff I am not remembering right now. I have no doubt that I have
> gotten egg shells in the dish once in a rare while, but I hardly have the
> horrendous problem that they describe in their commercial.
>
> As for their "inisde the egg shell egg scrambler," I have done just fine
> with a fork for years as well. As for seperating eggs, I have done it 3
> ways: from egshell half to eggshell half, with a slotted spoon, and with my
> hands. I prefer using my hands, I just recommend wahing your hands
> immediately before using this method, even though you washed your hands
> immediately before cooking.

Anybody who can't learn to crack eggs probably shouldn't be working with
sharp knives and hot stoves and definitely shouldn't be working with
power tools.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> "Brian Christiansen" > wrote:
>
>> I saw a commercial for this uni-tasker:
>> https://www.ezcracker.com/?mid=547819&a=55959&s=495 the other day.

> Probably one of the most useless gadgets I've ever seen introduced to
> the gadget market. <g>

There's probably someone out there who has arthritis or similar
who appreciate it, so what do I know.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> "Brian Christiansen" wrote:
>
>> I saw a commercial for this uni-tasker:
>> https://www.ezcracker.com/?mid=547819&a=55959&s=495 the other day. I have
>> made a lot of stuff with eggs over the years: fried eggs, mayonnaise, baked
>> goods, I have even tried my hand at omelettes a few times, and probably
>> other stuff I am not remembering right now. I have no doubt that I have
>> gotten egg shells in the dish once in a rare while, but I hardly have the
>> horrendous problem that they describe in their commercial.
>>
>> As for their "inisde the egg shell egg scrambler," I have done just fine
>> with a fork for years as well. As for seperating eggs, I have done it 3
>> ways: from egshell half to eggshell half, with a slotted spoon, and with my
>> hands. I prefer using my hands, I just recommend wahing your hands
>> immediately before using this method, even though you washed your hands
>> immediately before cooking.

>Probably one of the most useless gadgets I've ever seen introduced to
>the gadget market. <g>

I have a gizmo I can stick in that'll stir your eggs much more
pleasurably.

What is the advantage to beating eggs one at a time... and it won't
work anyhow, it can't incorporate air into the egg.

The sad truth is that millions will buy it. People will try it once,
realize they're be doing twice the egg handling plus still have to
wash the silly thing and store it at the back of a cabinet... after
50 years it'll fetch big bucks on ebay... save the original packaging!
LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brian Christiansen wrote:
> I saw a commercial for this uni-tasker:
> https://www.ezcracker.com/?mid=547819&a=55959&s=495 the other day. I have
> made a lot of stuff with eggs over the years: fried eggs, mayonnaise, baked
> goods, I have even tried my hand at omelettes a few times, and probably
> other stuff I am not remembering right now. I have no doubt that I have
> gotten egg shells in the dish once in a rare while, but I hardly have the
> horrendous problem that they describe in their commercial.
>
> As for their "inisde the egg shell egg scrambler," I have done just fine
> with a fork for years as well. As for seperating eggs, I have done it 3
> ways: from egshell half to eggshell half, with a slotted spoon, and with my
> hands. I prefer using my hands, I just recommend wahing your hands
> immediately before using this method, even though you washed your hands
> immediately before cooking.
>
> Brian Christiansen

Seems to me that the hand method, in spite of the hand washing,
would result in possible contamination from the egg shells!

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 27, 8:43*am, brooklyn1 > wrote:
> Omelet wrote:
> > "Brian Christiansen" wrote:

> >> I saw a commercial for this uni-tasker:
> >>https://www.ezcracker.com/?mid=547819&a=55959&s=495the other day. *I have
> >> made a lot of stuff with eggs over the years: fried eggs, mayonnaise, baked
> >> goods, I have even tried my hand at omelettes a few times, and probably
> >> other stuff I am not remembering right now. *I have no doubt that I have
> >> gotten egg shells in the dish once in a rare while, but I hardly have the
> >> horrendous problem that they describe in their commercial.

> >> As for their "inisde the egg shell egg scrambler," I have done just fine
> >> with a fork for years as well. *As for seperating eggs, I have done it 3
> >> ways: from egshell half to eggshell half, with a slotted spoon, and with my
> >> hands. *I prefer using my hands, I just recommend wahing your hands
> >> immediately before using this method, even though you washed your hands
> >> immediately before cooking.

> >Probably one of the most useless gadgets I've ever seen introduced to
> >the gadget market. <g>

> I have a gizmo I can stick in that'll stir your eggs much more
> pleasurably.

And you promise to pull out too, right?

> The sad truth is that millions will buy it. *

No, they won't. Maybe thousands.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 27, 11:03*am, Food Snob® > wrote:
> On Apr 27, 8:43*am, brooklyn1 > wrote:
>

> > Omelet wrote:

> > >Probably one of the most useless gadgets I've ever seen introduced to
> > >the gadget market. <g>

> > I have a gizmo I can stick in that'll stir your eggs much more
> > pleasurably.

> And you promise to pull out too, right?
>

> > The sad truth is that millions will buy it. *

> No, they won't. *Maybe thousands.
>
> --Bryan- Hide quoted text -

back home in italy i used to crack two cases of eggs per day; two eggs
at a time; it makes you look like an antique.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 03:08:16 -0700, Brian Christiansen wrote:
>
> > I saw a commercial for this uni-tasker:
> > https://www.ezcracker.com/?mid=547819&a=55959&s=495 the other day.

> Another useless gadget. An invention without a purpose.
>
> Even I get a tiny piece of shell in my cracked egg 1 out of 25
> times, and my guess its that this things ain't perfect either.
>
> Though if this is a TV commercial, I can imagine the shots of them
> breaking eggs open and fumbling with them. Those commercials are
> always so exaggerated.

I don't understand you, Steve. Why are you speculating? I know you
aren't a lazy person. The URL is right above. It clearly shows
exaggerated fumbling and obviously posed for the camera awful faces.

It's like that thread on Escolar. 75 posts, 17 of them yours. Yet, on
Saturday, when you noticed an obvious error, you didn't go to the URL,
five lines above the error, to verify. You used up your fingers, and
ranted and raved about bad data in Wikipedia, when that didn't appear to
be the problem at all.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 27, 10:29*am, "Michael \"Dog3\"" > wrote:
> Sqwertz > :
> in rec.food.cooking
>
> > "Easy Cracker"

> > Oh, and I don't like the racial innuendos, thank you.

> > -sw (I ain't EZ)

> Racial? You must feel threatened. There is nothing racial about it. If
> anything it is an innuendo regarding intelligence.

He thinks someone is calling him a Cracker:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_(pejorative)

Actually, whenever a TV cooking show personality adds sugar to
something that I don't think requires any, I shout "Ya cracker!"
at the television.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
On Apr 27, 10:29 am, "Michael \"Dog3\"" > wrote:
> Sqwertz > :
> in rec.food.cooking
>
> > "Easy Cracker"

> > Oh, and I don't like the racial innuendos, thank you.

> > -sw (I ain't EZ)

> Racial? You must feel threatened. There is nothing racial about it. If
> anything it is an innuendo regarding intelligence.
>

> He thinks someone is calling him a Cracker:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_(pejorative)
>
> Actually, whenever a TV cooking show personality adds sugar to
> something that I don't think requires any, I shout "Ya cracker!"
> at the television.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Dog 3 just loves humping -sw's leg. It's about all he does now-a-days.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 27, 5:08*am, "Brian Christiansen"
> wrote:
> I saw a commercial for this uni-tasker:https://www.ezcracker.com/?mid=547819&a=55959&s=495the other day. *

Nah, "EZ Cracker" is Bob Terwilliger's name in the ghetto. : D

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jean B." > wrote in message
> Seems to me that the hand method, in spite of the hand washing, would
> result in possible contamination from the egg shells!

I am not sure if this thread is dead, but I have to ask how. The egg does
not touch the outer shell with this method any more than with any other
method
(http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...es.html?cat=51,
method #2).

Brian Christiansen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 00:46:50 -0700, "Brian Christiansen"
> wrote:

>"Jean B." > wrote in message
>> Seems to me that the hand method, in spite of the hand washing, would
>> result in possible contamination from the egg shells!
>>

>I am not sure if this thread is dead, but I have to ask how. The egg does
>not touch the outer shell with this method any more than with any other
>method
>(http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...es.html?cat=51,
>method #2).
>
>Brian Christiansen

In modern USDA inspected plants eggs are washed and disinfected...
it's only those cottage industy eggs that present contaminated shell
risk.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 10:39:35 -0700, Dan Abel wrote:

> I don't understand you, Steve.

That's the way it's supposed to be.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 10:42:48 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Apr 27, 10:29*am, "Michael \"Dog3\"" > wrote:
>> Sqwertz > :
>> in rec.food.cooking
>>
>>> "Easy Cracker"

>>> Oh, and I don't like the racial innuendos, thank you.

>>> -sw (I ain't EZ)

>> Racial? You must feel threatened. There is nothing racial about it. If
>> anything it is an innuendo regarding intelligence.

As usual, Michael is on a different planet than the rest of us.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 13:50:35 -0400, Joe wrote:

> Dog 3 just loves humping -sw's leg. It's about all he does now-a-days.

I think he's lonely now without his girlfriend Gregory.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 12:28:31 -0500, Andy > wrote:

>Sqwertz > wrote:
>

>> As usual, Michael is on a different planet than the rest of us.
>>
>> -sw

>No. little stevie warts!
>
>It's plainly obvious that we're all on a different planet than yours!!!

We understand why you've been so negative lately Andy, missing
your girlfriend NotBob are you chubby?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Brian Christiansen" > wrote:
>
>> I saw a commercial for this uni-tasker:
>> https://www.ezcracker.com/?mid=547819&a=55959&s=495 the other day. I
>> have
>> made a lot of stuff with eggs over the years: fried eggs, mayonnaise,
>> baked
>> goods, I have even tried my hand at omelettes a few times, and probably
>> other stuff I am not remembering right now. I have no doubt that I have
>> gotten egg shells in the dish once in a rare while, but I hardly have the
>> horrendous problem that they describe in their commercial.

(snippage)

>> Brian Christiansen

> Probably one of the most useless gadgets I've ever seen introduced to
> the gadget market. <g>
> --
> Peace! Om

I saw this infomercial a couple of nights ago when I couldn't sleep. It was
hilarious! I, too, felt it was one of the most useless things on the
planet. If you have that much trouble cracking eggs (or scrambling them)
you probably shouldn't be cooking eggs.

Brian seems obsessed with cooking gadgets, most of which are sold on
infomercials. At least he wasn't endorsing this one

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 28, 12:41*pm, Andy > wrote:
> WTF = PVC. Projectile Vomit Chick
>
> Didn't take any IQ to make you.
>
> Andy

Yer weird. Oh, I see, it was the three letter sequence that made you
deduce that I am "wtf".....okk.....oops am I "okk" now? LOL omg am I
"LOL" or "omg" now? Or am I "now"?

Go drink some more. Pass out, please. Am I "out" ? this could go on
all night.....am i "all" now? am i "now"?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message

> Brian seems obsessed with cooking gadgets, most of which are sold on
> infomercials. At least he wasn't endorsing this one

How does making comments about 2 different gadgets that I saw commercials
for qualify as some sort of "obsession?" I also think made it quite clear
that I would not buy either one (the brownie pan or the egg cracker), so
when did I "endorse" anything.

Brian Christiansen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dan Abel" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Brian Christiansen" > wrote:
>
>> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>>
>> > Brian seems obsessed with cooking gadgets, most of which are sold on
>> > infomercials. At least he wasn't endorsing this one
>> >

>> How does making comments about 2 different gadgets that I saw commercials
>> for qualify as some sort of "obsession?" I also think made it quite
>> clear
>> that I would not buy either one (the brownie pan or the egg cracker), so
>> when did I "endorse" anything.

> I guessing that she got you confused with others on this group, some of
> whom are truly obsessed with cooking gadgets (and *I* don't think that's
> a bad thing, necessarily).
>
> --
> Dan Abel
> Petaluma, California USA

Dan, I happen to know you know how to crack an egg (and even beat an egg)
without putting it on a cracker and spinner thing. His fascination is with
infommercial gadgets is rather silly. Of course that's just my opinon. I
have a food processor (which I rarely use, btw, but some people have several
of them). I have a blender. I have a stick-blender. I have a hand held
beater for batters. Do I have a gazillion electric things to use for for
cooking? Nope. I grew up with basic recipes that don't require all sorts
of electric gadgets. Sorry if that offends some people. I wouldn't know
where to store all the stuff some people here say they have.

Jill
Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Dan, I happen to know you know how to crack an egg (and even beat an egg)
> without putting it on a cracker and spinner thing. His fascination is
> with infommercial gadgets is rather silly. Of course that's just my
> opinon. I have a food processor (which I rarely use, btw, but some people
> have several of them). I have a blender. I have a stick-blender. I have
> a hand held beater for batters. Do I have a gazillion electric things to
> use for for cooking? Nope. I grew up with basic recipes that don't
> require all sorts of electric gadgets. Sorry if that offends some people.
> I wouldn't know where to store all the stuff some people here say they
> have.

I made comments about TWO kitchen gadgets, neither of which I own or have
any interest in buying. What did I ever say that indicates I have a
fascination with such gadgets. Or when did I ever say I have a "gazillion"
electric things to use for cooking? I neither do nor have ever said
anything that gives any such indication.

Brian Christiansen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 13:50:35 -0400, Joe wrote:
>
>> Dog 3 just loves humping -sw's leg. It's about all he does now-a-days.

> I think he's lonely now without his girlfriend Gregory.
>
> -sw

I bet Doggy and Andy would make a cute couple.