Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Escolar

On Mon, 3 May 2010 11:14:51 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 11:57:57 -0400, blake murphy wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:00:33 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>>> Blake - you out there - or anybody else using dialog? What do you
>>> see?

>> i saw it as you did in the pic downthread, that is, as '1425%.'
>> (text/plain, courier new.)

> Oops. You mean Cathy had a hissy shit fit and accused me of lying,
> and then want to great extremes to prove that I was lying, all teh
> whiel making up lies herself?
>
> Talk about an attention whore.
>
> That doesn't make sense. But there's a lot of things women do that
> just don't make sense.
>
>> but after the first 'huh?,' it wasn't too hard to figure out.

> Until Dan specifically pointed it out, it wasn't obvious. Though it
> was suspicious that several other people responded to the defective
> post without saying anything. Then again, I've always been more
> observant than most.
>
> Thanks for your response. The check is in the mail.
>
> -sw

i didn't want to say anything, but the last check bounced.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> i saw it as you did in the pic downthread, that is, as '1425%.'
> (text/plain, courier new.)

<catching up on r.f.c.>

And if you switched it to 'raw message' view did you see the same thing
i.e. 1425%?

FWIW, I wasted about an hour of my time chopping and changing the
default installation settings for the fonts/character sets (and a bunch
of other settings) in 40Tude to try and make that [garbage/-] between
the 14 and the 25% "go away". It downright refused. I even looked at
the same message using 3 (make that 4 - installed XPN too) different
newsreaders (well, if you can call Thunderbird a newsreader) and all of
them showed either the [-] or [some garbage] - and all of them were set
to different fonts/character sets... So what did I miss?

> but after the first 'huh?,' it wasn't too hard to figure out.

I'm sure it wasn't...
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 11:57:57 -0400, blake murphy wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:00:33 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>>> Blake - you out there - or anybody else using dialog? What do you
>>> see?

>> i saw it as you did in the pic downthread, that is, as '1425%.'
>> (text/plain, courier new.)

> Oops. You mean Cathy had a hissy shit fit and accused me of lying,
> and then want to great extremes to prove that I was lying, all teh
> whiel making up lies herself?

Ahem, if you would be so inclined as to read upthread, the
original "hissy shit fit" about seeing it as 1425% was yours. I was
just giving said "hissy shit fit" the attention you always expect.
Sosueme for being obliging... <shrug>

> Talk about an attention whore.

<snork> PKB

> That doesn't make sense. But there's a lot of things women do that
> just don't make sense.

A lot of things *you* post don't make any sense either, so what's your
excuse?

>> but after the first 'huh?,' it wasn't too hard to figure out.

> Until Dan specifically pointed it out, it wasn't obvious. Though it
> was suspicious that several other people responded to the defective
> post without saying anything. Then again, I've always been more
> observant than most.

No. You've always "sought attention" more than most.

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 05 May 2010 17:19:51 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:

> blake murphy wrote:
>

>> i saw it as you did in the pic downthread, that is, as '1425%.'
>> (text/plain, courier new.)

> <catching up on r.f.c.>
>
> And if you switched it to 'raw message' view did you see the same thing
> i.e. 1425%?

i never think to use that option, even though it's in front of my face.

> FWIW, I wasted about an hour of my time chopping and changing the
> default installation settings for the fonts/character sets (and a bunch
> of other settings) in 40Tude to try and make that [garbage/-] between
> the 14 and the 25% "go away". It downright refused. I even looked at
> the same message using 3 (make that 4 - installed XPN too) different
> newsreaders (well, if you can call Thunderbird a newsreader) and all of
> them showed either the [-] or [some garbage] - and all of them were set
> to different fonts/character sets... So what did I miss?

switching fonts also drives me nuts for some reason.

>> but after the first 'huh?,' it wasn't too hard to figure out.

> I'm sure it wasn't...

i'm not a mathematician, but '1425%' didn't seem likely in that context.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cathy the Psycho (was: Escolar)

On Wed, 05 May 2010 17:19:51 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:

> FWIW, I wasted about an hour of my time chopping and changing the
> default installation settings for the fonts/character sets (and a bunch
> of other settings) in 40Tude to try and make that [garbage/-] between
> the 14 and the 25% "go away". It downright refused.

I'm sorry I made stick your nose into this thread and accuse me of
lying to get attention. I didn't know those 4 innocent words would
set you off into this tirade and cause you to spend hours of your
precious time trying to prove it. For that, I am deeply sorry.

Really, I am.

Honestly. I feel real-ly bad about this whole thing.

What can I do to make it up to you?

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 10, 11:34*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Wed, 05 May 2010 17:19:51 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:
> > FWIW, I wasted about an hour of my time chopping and changing the
> > default installation settings for the fonts/character sets (and a bunch
> > of other settings) in 40Tude to try and make that [garbage/-] between
> > the 14 and the 25% "go away". It downright refused.

> I'm sorry I made stick your nose into this thread and accuse me of
> lying to get attention. *I didn't know those 4 innocent words would
> set you off into this tirade and cause you to spend hours of your
> precious time trying to prove it. *For that, I am deeply sorry.
>
> Really, I am.
>
> Honestly. *I feel real-ly bad about this whole thing.
>
> What can I do to make it up to you?

Die.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 10, 11:34*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Wed, 05 May 2010 17:19:51 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:
> > FWIW, I wasted about an hour of my time chopping and changing the
> > default installation settings for the fonts/character sets (and a bunch
> > of other settings) in 40Tude to try and make that [garbage/-] between
> > the 14 and the 25% "go away". It downright refused.

> I'm sorry I made stick your nose into this thread and accuse me of
> lying to get attention. *I didn't know those 4 innocent words would
> set you off into this tirade and cause you to spend hours of your
> precious time trying to prove it. *For that, I am deeply sorry.
>
> Really, I am.
>
> Honestly. *I feel real-ly bad about this whole thing.
>
> What can I do to make it up to you?
>
> -sw

Ummmmmmm, die?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"PeterLucas (o/s)" > wrote in
:

> On May 10, 11:34*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
>> On Wed, 05 May 2010 17:19:51 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:
>> > FWIW, I wasted about an hour of my time chopping and changing the
>> > default installation settings for the fonts/character sets (and a
>> > bunch of other settings) in 40Tude to try and make that [garbage/-]
>> > between the 14 and the 25% "go away". It downright refused.

>> I'm sorry I made stick your nose into this thread and accuse me of
>> lying to get attention. *I didn't know those 4 innocent words would
>> set you off into this tirade and cause you to spend hours of your
>> precious time trying to prove it. *For that, I am deeply sorry.
>>
>> Really, I am.
>>
>> Honestly. *I feel real-ly bad about this whole thing.
>>
>> What can I do to make it up to you?
>>
>> -sw

> Ummmmmmm, die?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, wondering why the first post didn't show up????

--
_________

Peter
in Brisbane
Australia
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 9 May 2010 22:26:39 -0500, heyjoe wrote:

> On Wed, 05 May 2010 17:19:51 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:
>
>> I even looked at
>> the same message using 3 (make that 4 - installed XPN too) different
>> newsreaders

> Have been playing around with Knode, but for the life of me, can not figure
> out how to negative score googlegroupers using the message-id field (as
> recommended by the usenet improvement project,
> <http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/filters_ex4.html>). How are you
> killing googlegroupers in Knode?

Whoa. I used Knode for a while but I never worried about filtering.
That's some pretty convoluted filter wordage there. I would show
you mine but you'd just be jealous.

OK, here goes:

-1 message-id googlegroups

Dialog works under Wine, FWIW.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 9 May 2010 22:27:05 -0500, heyjoe wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:00:33 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> anybody else using dialog? What do you
>> see?

> Using 40tude_Dialog - I see 14 - then a small box - then 25%.

Well, it's a mystery, then. Some of us see it, some of us don't.
Let Cathy work on it some more and she'll explain it. Eventually.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 9 May 2010 22:27:05 -0500, heyjoe wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:00:33 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> anybody else using dialog? What do you
>> see?

> Using 40tude_Dialog - I see 14 - then a small box - then 25%.
>
> If I save the post and look at the resulting file with a hex editor, the
> character between 14 and 25 is hex 96/decimal 150. How in the world a
> copy/paste from the wiki web page pooped out a character of hex 96 instead
> of hex 2d is beyond my understanding.

Oh, you're using it under a virtual machine or something? Just like
Cathy?

Well then, never mind.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

heyjoe wrote:

> On Wed, 05 May 2010 17:19:51 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:
>
>> I even looked at
>> the same message using 3 (make that 4 - installed XPN too) different
>> newsreaders

> Have been playing around with Knode, but for the life of me, can not
> figure out how to negative score googlegroupers using the message-id
> field (as recommended by the usenet improvement project,
> <http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/filters_ex4.html>). How
> are you killing googlegroupers in Knode?

It can be done (OK, I admit it, I actually had to RTFM <g>) Turns out
it's fairly simple and it's mostly "point and click". Trick is to
create a 'scoring rule' in conjunction with a 'killfile' filter. If
you're still interested as to exactly how I did it, drop me a mail at
webmaster (at) recfoodcooking (dot) com and I'll tell ya...
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Sun, 9 May 2010 22:27:05 -0500, heyjoe wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:00:33 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>>> anybody else using dialog? What do you
>>> see?

>> Using 40tude_Dialog - I see 14 - then a small box - then 25%.

> Well, it's a mystery, then. Some of us see it, some of us don't.
> Let Cathy work on it some more and she'll explain it. Eventually.

'fraid not. I've wasted enough time on it already... As I've mentioned
(a couple of times) before (in my opinion) 40Tude is not too shabby as
far as newsreaders go (and the fact that it's free to home users
doesn't hurt either) - but it doesn't do anything I don't already have
(or need) in my newsreader(s) of choice. Of course, you (being such a
computer genius and all) are welcome to go ahead and explain it.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 9 May 2010 22:50:37 -0500, heyjoe wrote:

> On Sun, 9 May 2010 22:40:22 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> Oh, you're using it under a virtual machine or something? Just like
>> Cathy?

> WINE
> Don't have a Windows box any more. Too much maintenance, nasties and just
> plain wierd stuph on Windows these days.

I forget which version of Wine I was using (under SuSe10), but
getting the fonts and character sets correct were a little tricky.
So it doesn't surprise me that either of you had problems.

I love Dialog and would never give it up. I especially like
colorizing followups to my posts so when I'm in a hurry I can just
scan the threads for a watch symbol, then scan the thread itself for
followups in a different color.
[*]
!setcolor(blue;default),watch message-id "sqwertz"
!setcolor(blue;default) references "sqwertz"

(requires that your message-ID be set to >

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 May 2010 13:23:46 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Using 40tude_Dialog - I see 14 - then a small box - then 25%.

>> Well, it's a mystery, then. Some of us see it, some of us don't.
>> Let Cathy work on it some more and she'll explain it. Eventually.

> 'fraid not. I've wasted enough time on it already... As I've mentioned
> (a couple of times) before (in my opinion) 40Tude is not too shabby as
> far as newsreaders go (and the fact that it's free to home users
> doesn't hurt either) - but it doesn't do anything I don't already have
> (or need) in my newsreader(s) of choice. Of course, you (being such a
> computer genius and all) are welcome to go ahead and explain it.

i like 40tude dialog a great deal, after using agent for many years. but i
think the key thing (even for non-computer geniuses) is not to use a
browser-based reader.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> i like 40tude dialog a great deal, after using agent for many years.
> but i think the key thing (even for non-computer geniuses) is not to
> use a browser-based reader.

You're preaching to the choir here, but many folks seem happy enough to
use these 'browser-based readers' you speak of. Oh well, so be it.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 05 May 2010 17:32:44 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:

> Ahem, if you would be so inclined as to read upthread, the
> original "hissy shit fit" about seeing it as 1425% was yours.

I said two words: "More misinformation". The rest of the "hissy
fit" was completely yours, dear. OK, I'll let you have 4 words.
It's still not a "hissy fit".

Now, with that in perspective, don't you feel kinda silly? That two
(or four) little words sent you off into a multi-day tirade with you
spending hours trying to prove I lied about what I saw on my screen?

Because you sure as hell looked silly.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 May 2010 12:13:29 -0400, blake murphy wrote:

> i like 40tude dialog a great deal, after using agent for many years. but i
> think the key thing (even for non-computer geniuses) is not to use a
> browser-based reader.

It's not a Browser-based problem, its using the same client for
email and news. The only browser-based newsreaders are Opera and
Seamonkey.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 10 May 2010 18:52:07 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:

> blake murphy wrote:
>

>> i like 40tude dialog a great deal, after using agent for many years.
>> but i think the key thing (even for non-computer geniuses) is not to
>> use a browser-based reader.

> You're preaching to the choir here, but many folks seem happy enough to
> use these 'browser-based readers' you speak of. Oh well, so be it.

<http://www.kotapparel.com/images/categories/016.png>

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

Die, thread. Die!
--
If you limit your actions in life to things that nobody can possibly
find fault with, you will not do much. -- Lewis Carroll

Posted to rec.food.cooking

gtr wrote:

> Die, thread. Die!

What's the rush? Are you so hungry you can't wait for the Thread Dead
Spread, perhaps? Here, have a celery stick to keep you going...
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Escolar Mark Thorson General Cooking 23 03-06-2010 04:36 AM
Escolar James Silverton[_4_] Sushi 68 29-04-2010 04:44 PM
White Tuna (Escolar) Norman Leonski Sushi 46 05-05-2006 08:03 PM
ESCOLAR FISH WITH MANGO AND SHRIMP RAVIOLI yankeegirL425 Recipes 0 19-08-2005 06:24 AM
White tuna or escolar Dan Logcher Sushi 9 19-03-2005 12:22 AM