Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC: Baked Red Snapper with Garlic

I've adapted it from a recipe I found on About.com:

2 red snapper fillets, about 6-8 ounces each
4 Tbs. butter
1 clove garlic, pressed or minced (I'll probably use two cloves)
1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. Creole or Cajun seasoning blend
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
1-2 tsp. fresh minced parsley
1 tsp. fresh snipped chives (optional)
3-4 Tbs. seasoned dry breadcrumbs

Place snapper fillets in a baking dish which has been sprayed with baking
spray or lightly brushed with oil.

In a small pan melt butter with garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Creole
seasoning blend, pepper, parsley and chives. Cook on low for a few minutes
to blend well. Brush both sides of the fish fillets with the butter and
herb mixture. Toss breadcrumbs in the remaining butter mixture. Pat the
breadcrumbs on the fillets. Bake at 400F for about 12 minutes, until fish
flakes easily and is no longer translucent. Serves 2

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Baked Red Snapper with Garlic

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> I've adapted it from a recipe I found on About.com:
>
> 2 red snapper fillets, about 6-8 ounces each
> 4 Tbs. butter
> 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced (I'll probably use two cloves)
> 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
> 1/2 tsp. Creole or Cajun seasoning blend
> 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
> 1-2 tsp. fresh minced parsley
> 1 tsp. fresh snipped chives (optional)
> 3-4 Tbs. seasoned dry breadcrumbs
>
> Place snapper fillets in a baking dish which has been sprayed with baking
> spray or lightly brushed with oil.
>
> In a small pan melt butter with garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Creole
> seasoning blend, pepper, parsley and chives. Cook on low for a few
> minutes to blend well. Brush both sides of the fish fillets with the
> butter and herb mixture. Toss breadcrumbs in the remaining butter
> mixture. Pat the breadcrumbs on the fillets. Bake at 400F for about 12
> minutes, until fish flakes easily and is no longer translucent. Serves 2
>
> Jill

I have been told to be very careful when posting recipes here, as
unscrupulous websites copy and steal them, post them on their websites, and
use them without permission to make lots of money.

That said, are you using Pacific snapper, or Gulf of Mexico snapper? I find
a huge taste difference in the two.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve B" > wrote in message

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> I've adapted it from a recipe I found on About.com:
>>
>> 2 red snapper fillets, about 6-8 ounces each
>> 4 Tbs. butter
>> 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced (I'll probably use two cloves)
>> 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
>> 1/2 tsp. Creole or Cajun seasoning blend
>> 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
>> 1-2 tsp. fresh minced parsley
>> 1 tsp. fresh snipped chives (optional)
>> 3-4 Tbs. seasoned dry breadcrumbs
>>
>> Place snapper fillets in a baking dish which has been sprayed with baking
>> spray or lightly brushed with oil.
>>
>> In a small pan melt butter with garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Creole
>> seasoning blend, pepper, parsley and chives. Cook on low for a few
>> minutes to blend well. Brush both sides of the fish fillets with the
>> butter and herb mixture. Toss breadcrumbs in the remaining butter
>> mixture. Pat the breadcrumbs on the fillets. Bake at 400F for about 12
>> minutes, until fish flakes easily and is no longer translucent. Serves 2
>>
>> Jill

> I have been told to be very careful when posting recipes here, as
> unscrupulous websites copy and steal them, post them on their websites,
> and use them without permission to make lots of money.
>
> That said, are you using Pacific snapper, or Gulf of Mexico snapper? I
> find a huge taste difference in the two.
>
> Steve

Don't be silly. You posted making people think you were going to stream
everything posted to rfc to your blog (or so some thought). That's not
acceptable. Recipes posted here are fine.

And it's Pacific snapper.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve B" > wrote in message

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> I've adapted it from a recipe I found on About.com:
>>
>> 2 red snapper fillets, about 6-8 ounces each
>> 4 Tbs. butter
>> 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced (I'll probably use two cloves)
>> 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
>> 1/2 tsp. Creole or Cajun seasoning blend
>> 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
>> 1-2 tsp. fresh minced parsley
>> 1 tsp. fresh snipped chives (optional)
>> 3-4 Tbs. seasoned dry breadcrumbs
>>
>> Place snapper fillets in a baking dish which has been sprayed with baking
>> spray or lightly brushed with oil.
>>
>> In a small pan melt butter with garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Creole
>> seasoning blend, pepper, parsley and chives. Cook on low for a few
>> minutes to blend well. Brush both sides of the fish fillets with the
>> butter and herb mixture. Toss breadcrumbs in the remaining butter
>> mixture. Pat the breadcrumbs on the fillets. Bake at 400F for about 12
>> minutes, until fish flakes easily and is no longer translucent. Serves 2
>>
>> Jill

> I have been told to be very careful when posting recipes here, as
> unscrupulous websites copy and steal them, post them on their websites,
> and use them without permission to make lots of money.
>
> That said, are you using Pacific snapper, or Gulf of Mexico snapper? I
> find a huge taste difference in the two.
>
> Steve

Well that's not *quite* what's being done or said is being done, but think
what you will. Besides, Jill herself said she adapted this recipe from one
she got off the internet, so it's not exactly her own creation (no offense
to Jill). Personally, I've never cooked snapper before but this recipe
sounds great. Saved to file!

Jinx

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Looks tasty.

When Cindy and I lived in Dallas, one of our favorite Mexican
restaurants was Calle Doce, just a few blocks from our house in the Oak
Cliff neighborhood. They made a great version of Red Snapper
Veracruzana. Since then, we've made it ourselves quite a few times.
It's easy and quick, and with her nutritionist hat on, Cindy would tell
you that it's also quite healthy stuff. Lots of veggies, carotenoids,
omega-stuff, etc. Now that we are in Seattle, we use Rockfish (Pacific
Snapper). Here's a recipe:

<http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...eracruzana-149
94>

The refrigeration steps are not really necessary. Use skillet on stove,
or bake in oven.

We also like to do snapper with spicy/sweet fruit salsa (chopped mangos,
onions, limes, and jalapenos, or variations on the theme).

--
Julian Vrieslander