Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Maple Syrup...

I just had a WTF moment with my two bottles of maple syrup.
One brand is 'Queen', and the other is 'Camp'.
Hmm.

--
Jeßus

"Some days we don't let the line move at all. We call those weekdays"
Patty and Selma Bouvier, 1996
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 18:01:14 +1000, Jeßus wrote:

> I just had a WTF moment with my two bottles of maple syrup.
> One brand is 'Queen', and the other is 'Camp'.
> Hmm.

for topical use only.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 05:14:41 -0500, Andy > wrote:

>Jeßus > wrote:
>
>> I just had a WTF moment with my two bottles of maple syrup.
>> One brand is 'Queen', and the other is 'Camp'.
>> Hmm.

>I've got a small jug of pure maple syrup. 1/4 full. Maybe 10 years old.
>Grad A, Dark Amber.
>
>That should maybe tell you the last time I made pancakes.

Or it could mean you keep forgetting it's in the cupboard

I seem to have a knack for doing that sort of thing... about a third
of the time I make a cup of tea, I forget it's brewing and go do
something else... only to find it stone cold the next time I enter the
kitchen.

--
Jeßus

"Some days we don't let the line move at all. We call those weekdays"
Patty and Selma Bouvier, 1996
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 05:32:39 -0500, Andy > wrote:

>We grew up on Log Cabin "maple" syrup. Lots of corn syrup + added sugar.
>
>A hyper way to start up Sunday morning fights!

Indeed, especially with some strong coffee.

Actually, it is only relatively recently that I've been introduced to
real maple syrup . Wow, it sure opened my eyes and it was love at
first taste. I've been using it regularly ever since.

I never did like the el'cheapo imitation stuff... put me off 'maple
syrup' for many years. I had no idea the real stuff was SO much
better!

--
Jeßus

"Some days we don't let the line move at all. We call those weekdays"
Patty and Selma Bouvier, 1996
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 13:54:17 -0400, blake murphy
> wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 18:01:14 +1000, Jeßus wrote:
>
>> I just had a WTF moment with my two bottles of maple syrup.
>> One brand is 'Queen', and the other is 'Camp'.
>> Hmm.

>for topical use only.

Eww. Nasty, nasty visions... thanks, NOT