Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Shaker

Did that earthquake in SoCal disturb anyone's Easter meal?

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 18:17:12 -0500, Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> Did that earthquake in SoCal disturb anyone's Easter meal?

Wouldn't an small-medium earthquake aid digestion?

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> Did that earthquake in SoCal disturb anyone's Easter meal?
>
> --
> Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

Looks to be OK so far. Maybe Koko had a cake fall if it was in the oven :-)

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 4, 4:17*pm, Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
> Did that earthquake in SoCal disturb anyone's Easter meal?
>
> --
> Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJhttp://web.me.com/barbschaller
> Updated 4-2-2010

Was there an earthquake? Here in my SoCal High Desert area nothing
was noticed....Picky
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> Did that earthquake in SoCal disturb anyone's Easter meal?

It was in Baja, but they felt it at my mom's (she lives in far-southern
San Diego county, almost to the Mexican border). The cats were very
scared; my foster sister less so, but a bit. My mom was in a moving car,
so she didn't feel it.

A co-worker's dad lives in Baja, and some of his windows cracked, but
he's otherwise okay.

Serene

--
"I tend to come down on the side of autonomy. Once people are grown up,
I believe they have the right to go to hell in the handbasket of their

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> Did that earthquake in SoCal disturb anyone's Easter meal?

And I read this thread as "Shankar".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 18:17:12 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>Did that earthquake in SoCal disturb anyone's Easter meal?

We had dinner a while after the shaker, but it was the strongest one
I've experienced since moving to SoCal in 2001. I was in my home
office and the 7' bookcases moved enough that I was afraid they were
going to fall over. Coincidentally, since we moved into the new house
3 weeks ago, I have been systematically putting earthquake putty on
and under some of my more tippy and vulnerable pieces. We didn't get
enough of a shake to put it to the test, but I was glad I'd done it.

This one was quite a roller, Instead of the quick shake we get from
time to time, this one went on for a good minute or so, which doesn't
sound long unless you're living through it. It was also a lot
stronger. The hanging lamps were swaying hard, floor lamps wobbling
and it is a really weird feeling, almost as if you're on a boat in a
mild chop.

God, I miss Colorado...

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

> God, I miss Colorado...

Really? The CO mts. are forecast to receive
12-18 inches of snow between tonight and Wednesday morning.
The foothills will get 6-12 inches.

I'd have the bookcases screwed to the walls if I were you.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 16:33:27 -0700, Terry Pulliam Burd
> wrote:

>On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 18:17:12 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:
>
>>Did that earthquake in SoCal disturb anyone's Easter meal?

>We had dinner a while after the shaker, but it was the strongest one
>I've experienced since moving to SoCal in 2001. I was in my home
>office and the 7' bookcases moved enough that I was afraid they were
>going to fall over. Coincidentally, since we moved into the new house
>3 weeks ago, I have been systematically putting earthquake putty on
>and under some of my more tippy and vulnerable pieces. We didn't get
>enough of a shake to put it to the test, but I was glad I'd done it.
>
>This one was quite a roller, Instead of the quick shake we get from
>time to time, this one went on for a good minute or so, which doesn't
>sound long unless you're living through it. It was also a lot
>stronger. The hanging lamps were swaying hard, floor lamps wobbling
>and it is a really weird feeling, almost as if you're on a boat in a
>mild chop.
>
>God, I miss Colorado...

Why? When I was there in 1967 there was an earthquake. I do not know
exactly where the epicenter was but in a second floor apartment in
Aurora, I felt the tremor.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 18:35:28 -0600, "gloria.p" >
wrote:

>Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
>

>> God, I miss Colorado...

>Really? The CO mts. are forecast to receive
>12-18 inches of snow between tonight and Wednesday morning.
>The foothills will get 6-12 inches.

That's right, rub it in. I ski and the skiing they have out here in
SoCal is lame.

>I'd have the bookcases screwed to the walls if I were you.

A good shaker would laugh at screws in the walls :-)

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,
and if the turkey had had a breast like the maid,
it would have been a swell dinner." Duncan Hines

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 18:17:12 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>Did that earthquake in SoCal disturb anyone's Easter meal?

We are fine, thank you for asking.
A little unnerved with all the aftershocks but are faring much better
than those in Calexico, Ca and Mexicali, Mexico, about 60 miles east
of us. It's a miracle that no more than two lives were lost. I feel
for their families.
From what I've heard most of the damage on the U.S. side was to the
older 1930's and 50's buildings.
At last report I heard there were 25,000 homeless in Mexicali, Mexico.
Mexicali has a population of about 2 million.

This shows the awesome power of the quake. It was twice as strong as
the one that hit Haiti.

Click on the "see more photos of the shaking mountians"
http://tinyurl.com/ydb94hx

koko a whole lot of shakin' goin' on.
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 03/28/10
Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko > wrote in news:v51or5leo97mklcdjl500tmg0kq1cs88k1@
4ax.com:

> On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 18:17:12 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
>>Did that earthquake in SoCal disturb anyone's Easter meal?

> We are fine, thank you for asking.
> A little unnerved with all the aftershocks but are faring much better
> than those in Calexico, Ca and Mexicali, Mexico, about 60 miles east
> of us. It's a miracle that no more than two lives were lost. I feel
> for their families.
> From what I've heard most of the damage on the U.S. side was to the
> older 1930's and 50's buildings.
> At last report I heard there were 25,000 homeless in Mexicali, Mexico.
> Mexicali has a population of about 2 million.
>
> This shows the awesome power of the quake. It was twice as strong as
> the one that hit Haiti.

And at 7.2, a tad stronger than the 6.7 Northridge quake..... which I
thought was bad enough.

> Click on the "see more photos of the shaking mountians"
> http://tinyurl.com/ydb94hx

Those 'smoking mountain' shots are amazing!! Right place, right time.

> koko a whole lot of shakin' goin' on.
> --

Not a time to be making souffle's ;-)

Glad to hear you aren't too badly affected by them.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.