Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Prison Recipes

I worked with some fellows who'd spent time in South Carolina prisons.
They told me about something they made while do'n time. Called it 'Jack
Mac', they gave me the recipe but I lost it, so I google and came up
with this site, read the comments as they contain other adaptations and
variations of Jack Mac, this being the closest to the recipe I was told
about,

Here is one I learned in prison. 3 or 4 packs of Ramen (the kind in the
styro cup and Cali veg.), long beefstick or summer sausage (diced up),
either 1 can of mackeral or salman, can of corn, butter, salt &
pepper…use enough water to just cover noodles, when done cooking the
water should be evaporated. Feeds 3 or 4 inmates.

http://www.mattfischer.com/ramen/?p=460

One of the guys who told me about it is back in do'n time!

--
regards, mike
piedmont, The Practical BBQ'r
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 22, 2:02 pm, piedmont > wrote:
> I worked with some fellows who'd spent time in South Carolina prisons.
> They told me about something they made while do'n time. Called it 'Jack
> Mac', they gave me the recipe but I lost it, so I google and came up
> with this site, read the comments as they contain other adaptations and
> variations of Jack Mac, this being the closest to the recipe I was told
> about,
>
> Here is one I learned in prison. 3 or 4 packs of Ramen (the kind in the
> styro cup and Cali veg.), long beefstick or summer sausage (diced up),
> either 1 can of mackeral or salman, can of corn, butter, salt &
> pepper…use enough water to just cover noodles, when done cooking the
> water should be evaporated. Feeds 3 or 4 inmates.
>
> http://www.mattfischer.com/ramen/?p=460
>
> One of the guys who told me about it is back in do'n time!
>
> --
> regards, mike
> piedmont, The Practical BBQ'rhttp://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
> (mawil55)

I am struggling to remember the name or the site of these artist/
activists in Chicago. It is in the nature of the genre to change tags
sometimes. "Free Place" or something like that. A few years ago
they published a pamphlet of prison inventions, smuggled from inside.
Brilliant. Food, hooch, other things.
You got a pen, a bic lighter, canned food from the commissary - you've
got a kitchen or a lab.

I'm only having a small glitch. I'll post a link or contact soon. If
they have any left, you could probably enjoy it for the cost of
postage.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 22, 2:02*pm, piedmont > wrote:
> I worked with some fellows who'd spent time in South Carolina prisons.
> They told me about something they made while do'n time. Called it 'Jack
> Mac', they gave me the recipe but I lost it, so I google and came up
> with this site, read the comments as they contain other adaptations and
> variations of Jack Mac, this being the closest to the recipe I was told
> about,
>
> Here is one I learned in prison. 3 or 4 packs of Ramen (the kind in the
> styro cup and Cali veg.), long beefstick or summer sausage (diced up),
> either 1 can of mackeral or salman, can of corn, butter, salt &
> pepper…use enough water to just cover noodles, when done cooking the
> water should be evaporated. Feeds 3 or 4 inmates.
>
> http://www.mattfischer.com/ramen/?p=460

One more good reason to avoid prison.

> One of the guys who told me about it is back in do'n time!

I guess he missed the shitty food. I bet he'd like hot dogs with
weenie water gravy too.

> --
> regards, mike
> piedmont, The Practical BBQ'rhttp://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
> (mawil55)

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 22, 5:08 pm, bulka > wrote:
> On Mar 22, 2:02 pm, piedmont > wrote:
>

> > I worked with some fellows who'd spent time in South Carolina prisons.
> > They told me about something they made while do'n time. Called it 'Jack
> > Mac', they gave me the recipe but I lost it, so I google and came up
> > with this site, read the comments as they contain other adaptations and
> > variations of Jack Mac, this being the closest to the recipe I was told
> > about,

> > Here is one I learned in prison. 3 or 4 packs of Ramen (the kind in the
> > styro cup and Cali veg.), long beefstick or summer sausage (diced up),
> > either 1 can of mackeral or salman, can of corn, butter, salt &
> > pepper…use enough water to just cover noodles, when done cooking the
> > water should be evaporated. Feeds 3 or 4 inmates.

> >http://www.mattfischer.com/ramen/?p=460

> > One of the guys who told me about it is back in do'n time!

> > --
> > regards, mike
> > piedmont, The Practical BBQ'rhttp://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
> > (mawil55)

> I am struggling to remember the name or the site of these artist/
> activists in Chicago. It is in the nature of the genre to change tags
> sometimes. "Free Place" or something like that. A few years ago
> they published a pamphlet of prison inventions, smuggled from inside.
> Brilliant. Food, hooch, other things.
> You got a pen, a bic lighter, canned food from the commissary - you've
> got a kitchen or a lab.
>
> I'm only having a small glitch. I'll post a link or contact soon. If
> they have any left, you could probably enjoy it for the cost of
> postage.

I got it. Not tested, but one of these should work.

http://www.temporaryservices.org
http://www.freestorechicago.org