FoodBanter.com

-   -   Looking for light weight, small size cylindrical or any other shape that is freezer safe to store concentrated stock (Chichen broth for example) (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/394973-re-looking-light-weight.html)

Kent[_2_] 22-03-2010 05:11 PM

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
On Mar 21, 11:46 am, blake murphy > wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 10:28:58 -0700, sf wrote:
> > On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 13:13:25 -0400, blake murphy
> > > wrote:

> >> wait a minute! they got them things at amazon?

> > Free shipping too.

> hot damn!
>
> your pal,
> blake

Ditto! I'm gonna get me one.

N.

Give us the URL please. We've been using the Rubbermaid square polyethylene
boxes to freeze stock for at least 20 years. I'd give anything to replace
them, and haven't found anything. You'd want anything to use to be microwave
save. A square container is far, far better than a cylindrical container. It
stacks better, and it stores for per unit space. I'm looking for pint and
quart sizes to store enough stock to get you through 1-2 dishes, as I
suspect you are. We've used the plastic very cheap round containers you can
find in a restaurant supply house for very cheap prices. That's a marginal
replacement. They melt if you microwave them too long.
Good Luck; let us know, please,

Kent