Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default STRIPS

"brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> Really nice NY Strip, custom trimmed by moi (crows love the fat), in
> EVOO w/s n'p:
> http://i39.tinypic.com/23sdf76.jpg
>
> Almost:
> http://i41.tinypic.com/b63by8.jpg
>
> One for the guys, one for me... perfection:
> http://i44.tinypic.com/24nqkjd.jpg

Nice - too cold to grill is it?

--
Dimitri

Soon

http://kitchenguide.wordpress.com.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 12:54:15 -0700, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

>"brooklyn1" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Really nice NY Strip, custom trimmed by moi (crows love the fat), in
>> EVOO w/s n'p:
>> http://i39.tinypic.com/23sdf76.jpg
>>
>> Almost:
>> http://i41.tinypic.com/b63by8.jpg
>>
>> One for the guys, one for me... perfection:
>> http://i44.tinypic.com/24nqkjd.jpg

>Nice - too cold to grill is it?

I actually prefer this type of steak pan fried. And I usually don't
light the grill just for two small steaks... but were it a large
bone-in chuck steak, or I was cooking more than what would fit in a
pan then I'd grill outdoors. It's been over 70º here this week, and
I've grilled outdoors when it's been near 0º, so had nothing to do
with temperature. I just don't want to grill in the rain.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 12:54:15 -0700, "Dimitri" >
> wrote:
>
>>"brooklyn1" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> Really nice NY Strip, custom trimmed by moi (crows love the fat), in
>>> EVOO w/s n'p:
>>> http://i39.tinypic.com/23sdf76.jpg
>>>
>>> Almost:
>>> http://i41.tinypic.com/b63by8.jpg
>>>
>>> One for the guys, one for me... perfection:
>>> http://i44.tinypic.com/24nqkjd.jpg

>>Nice - too cold to grill is it?

> I actually prefer this type of steak pan fried. And I usually don't
> light the grill just for two small steaks... but were it a large
> bone-in chuck steak, or I was cooking more than what would fit in a
> pan then I'd grill outdoors. It's been over 70º here this week, and
> I've grilled outdoors when it's been near 0º, so had nothing to do
> with temperature. I just don't want to grill in the rain.

Makes sense - wow 70 degrees. Yikes it's warmer there than here.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> "brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> > On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 12:54:15 -0700, "Dimitri" >
> > wrote:
> >
> >>"brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> . ..

> >>Nice - too cold to grill is it?

> > I actually prefer this type of steak pan fried. And I usually don't
> > light the grill just for two small steaks... but were it a large
> > bone-in chuck steak, or I was cooking more than what would fit in a
> > pan then I'd grill outdoors. It's been over 70º here this week, and
> > I've grilled outdoors when it's been near 0º, so had nothing to do
> > with temperature. I just don't want to grill in the rain.

> Makes sense - wow 70 degrees. Yikes it's warmer there than here.
>
> Dimitri

Same here. It's been in the 40's the past 3 days.
--
Peace! Om

"Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck." --Dalai Lama

OT- Fly Strips :( merryb General Cooking 37 21-08-2011 10:52 PM
STRIPS Omelet[_7_] General Cooking 16 22-03-2010 06:24 PM
STRIPS Van[_3_] General Cooking 3 20-03-2010 06:22 PM
STRIPS Kent[_2_] General Cooking 1 20-03-2010 01:59 PM