Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ideas For A Deli Menu

On 3/12/2010 1:46 PM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 02:55:01 -0500, JohnTyler
> > wrote:
>

>> I like food such as rice, meet and so many

> It would be nice if you could learn to spell a basic word like *meat*.

Maybe "meet" is the new name for the meat like products at walmart?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 13:50:12 -0500, George >
wrote:

> On 3/12/2010 1:46 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 02:55:01 -0500, JohnTyler
> > > wrote:
> >

> >> I like food such as rice, meet and so many

> > It would be nice if you could learn to spell a basic word like *meat*.
> >

> Maybe "meet" is the new name for the meat like products at walmart?

Maybe so, but I don't shop at Walmart so I wouldn't know.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 12, 6:26 am, Stan Horwitz > wrote:
> In article >, Arri London >
> wrote:
>

> > Anthony 527 wrote:

> > > A friend of mine is buying a run down liquor store deli and is going
> > > to renovate and make it new. Besides all the usual cold cuts and
> > > sloppy joes and soup can anyone suggest something different that is
> > > profitable and tastes good or any ideas at all.
> > > Thank You

> > That is going to depend very much on where the deli is. New Yorkers
> > would expect different products than Californians.

> > If nothing else, things that won't spoil easily.

> > Go have a look at the local equivalent of 7-11. They are usually pretty
> > good as stocking snacks people want. Then take it upmarket if the locale
> > warrants it.

> Good point. A customer base that's mostly Jewish will expect a deli to
> sell different items than Italians, Germans, or Russians would. Me? I
> like cucumber salad, kasha and bow ties, slightly vinegary macaroni
> salad, and tomato salad.

FWIW - I just came from a quick trip to Chicago. Had to have a
chicken at the Mexican place, a burrito, falaffel and a dog. Too lazy
to get to Greektown for tamara. The city doesn't seem so Polish any
more.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"bulka" > wrote in message
snippage

> Liquor laws are just wierd.
>
> Bulka

You got that right. Go to Philly.com (the Phila. Inquirer and Phila. Daily
News) and look up Beer Raids. With everything else going on, they are
looking for 'unlicensed, undocumented, illegal beers'......forget the
illegal immigrant selling the weed on the corner, pop the bartender for
selling the legal stuff.
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 17:00:22 -0800, Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq.
wrote:

> sf wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 02:55:01 -0500, JohnTyler
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>I like food such as rice, meet and so many

>> It would be nice if you could learn to spell a basic word like *meat*.

> And i thought i was tuirning curmudgeonly

That was coming from the same person who just minutes later posted
this:

Newsgroups: ba.food
Subject: Unlimited Food Thali System

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 23:05:29 -0800 (PST), Rasia Sharma
> wrote:

> Are you looking for best authentic food in india?

No, I'll looking for dog shit that is sold as Indian food.