Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Black pepper air?

On a Rick Bayliss show, one of his cooks made a garnish he called
"black pepper air" - ground pepper in an emulsion, whipped with a
stabelizer. I must have missed something. A very fluffy cloud of, I
guess, pepper flavored air. Looks a little silly for my normal table,
but could be a useful trick for my stunt cook bag.

Have you heard of this?

Bulka
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 05:12:25 -0800 (PST), bulka
> wrote:

> On a Rick Bayliss show, one of his cooks made a garnish he called
> "black pepper air" - ground pepper in an emulsion, whipped with a
> stabelizer. I must have missed something. A very fluffy cloud of, I
> guess, pepper flavored air. Looks a little silly for my normal table,
> but could be a useful trick for my stunt cook bag.
>
> Have you heard of this?

No. Is this a variation of the elBulli "foam"? Both sound perfectly
awful.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bulka wrote:

> On a Rick Bayliss show, one of his cooks made a garnish he called
> "black pepper air" - ground pepper in an emulsion, whipped with a
> stabelizer. I must have missed something. A very fluffy cloud of, I
> guess, pepper flavored air. Looks a little silly for my normal table,
> but could be a useful trick for my stunt cook bag.
>
> Have you heard of this?

I saw the show you're talking about, and Bayless wasn't exactly wild about
the idea. But black pepper foam is easy enough to make; here's one method:
Combine heavy cream and finely-ground (preferably FRESHLY ground) black
pepper. Allow to steep for half an hour, then strain. Put infused cream into
a foamer, charge, chill for at least an hour, and dispense.

If you don't want to use cream, you can use other foam-friendly media. I
used egg whites to make a maple foam for my birthday dinner a couple years
ago. I know that foams can be made using soy lecithin or other emulsifiers,
but I have yet to try that. (I just got a container of the lecithin today,
though, so in a month maybe I'll have more experience with the process.) I
have recipes for using gelatin or agar-agar to make foams, but I haven't
tried those yet either.

Are they worth the trouble? For most uses, probably not. But it is a way to
show off.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 03:40:30 -0800, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>Bulka wrote:
>
>> On a Rick Bayliss show, one of his cooks made a garnish he called
>> "black pepper air" - ground pepper in an emulsion, whipped with a
>> stabelizer. I must have missed something. A very fluffy cloud of, I
>> guess, pepper flavored air. Looks a little silly for my normal table,
>> but could be a useful trick for my stunt cook bag.
>>
>> Have you heard of this?

>I saw the show you're talking about, and Bayless wasn't exactly wild about
>the idea. But black pepper foam is easy enough to make; here's one method:
>Combine heavy cream and finely-ground (preferably FRESHLY ground) black
>pepper. Allow to steep for half an hour, then strain.

What a LIAR... HTF do yoose strain *finely-ground* black pepper from
any liquid, but especially heavy cream, can't even use a paper coffee
filter. Typical of the Keyboard Kook baboon ass face LIAR!

The specks of pepper would need to remain, just like scraped vanilla
bean seeds, or infuse with whole peppercorns that can be easily
removed. And there is no reason heavy cream can't be heated for a
faster infusion and still be cooled and whipped. But I suspect the
usual method is to leave the finely-ground black pepper specks same as
with vanilla bean scrapings. Only a patent LIAR like the baboon ass
face keyboard kook would so unceremoneously post obviously false
information. Any cub scout capable of whittling a twig has the
mechanical acumen to realize that finely-ground black pepper couldn't
be extracted from heavy cream without rather costly laboratory
equipment like a centrifuge,

<more hillarious keyboard kook baboon ass face lying ahead>

>Put infused cream into
>a foamer, charge, chill for at least an hour, and dispense.
>
>If you don't want to use cream, you can use other foam-friendly media. I
>used egg whites to make a maple foam for my birthday dinner a couple years
>ago. I know that foams can be made using soy lecithin or other emulsifiers,
>but I have yet to try that. (I just got a container of the lecithin today,
>though, so in a month maybe I'll have more experience with the process.) I
>have recipes for using gelatin or agar-agar to make foams, but I haven't
>tried those yet either.
>
>Are they worth the trouble? For most uses, probably not.
>But it is a way to show off.

Why bother when you can show off by LYING! <G>

Anyone ever heard of a pinocchio nosed baboon ass face? LOL

And wtf is that smooslin, got her in a birka or she dumped yer ugli
monkey ass.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Clueless AOL newbie Sheldon "Pussy" Katz blathered:

> What a LIAR... HTF do yoose strain *finely-ground* black pepper from
> any liquid, but especially heavy cream, can't even use a paper coffee
> filter.

Posts like this make it obvious just how rank a newbie Pussy is. A fine wire
strainer will allow you to strain the pepper-infused cream easily.

I thought it was obvious to the most casual observer, but Pussy is so
clueless that even such an obvious answer was beyond his ken. I have to
wonder what kind of odd gratification Pussy gets from posting here as if he
knows anything, when he can't even figure out a simple thing like that.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 10:52:33 -0800, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>Clueless AOL newbie Sheldon "Pussy" Katz blathered:
>
>> What a LIAR... HTF do yoose strain *finely-ground* black pepper from
>> any liquid, but especially heavy cream, can't even use a paper coffee
>> filter.

>A fine wire strainer will allow you to strain the pepper-infused cream easily.

Bullshit. A mesh fine enough to retain "finely-ground" black pepper
would constantly clog and need to be back flushed so many times the
cream would sour before it could be filtered, that is what little
cream remained after all the back flushing into a sink drain. There's
good reason for the specks in vanilla ice cream flavored with real
beans, there is no easy and inexpensive way to remove those specks, so
instead they draw attention to the vanilla bean specks as a marketing
ploy. Once finely-ground" pepper is placed into heavy cream it's
pretty much there for good... anyone can easily prove this at home.
You keep claiming to do stuff but no one believes you, the others
don't say anything because they are more polite and have smaller
cojones than me. You can't intimidate me, much bigger lying mouths
and much higher IQs than yours that have been through here have
tried... I'm still here and they've all departed, as will you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 10:52:33 -0800, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

> Clueless AOL newbie Sheldon "Pussy" Katz blathered:
>
> > What a LIAR... HTF do yoose strain *finely-ground* black pepper from
> > any liquid, but especially heavy cream, can't even use a paper coffee
> > filter.

> Posts like this make it obvious just how rank a newbie Pussy is. A fine wire
> strainer will allow you to strain the pepper-infused cream easily.
>
> I thought it was obvious to the most casual observer, but Pussy is so
> clueless that even such an obvious answer was beyond his ken. I have to
> wonder what kind of odd gratification Pussy gets from posting here as if he
> knows anything, when he can't even figure out a simple thing like that.

To be fair, foam isn't exactly a common item on the menu.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 13:34:30 -0800, sf > wrote:

>On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 10:52:33 -0800, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:
>
>> Clueless AOL newbie Sheldon "Pussy" Katz blathered:
>>
>> > What a LIAR... HTF do yoose strain *finely-ground* black pepper from
>> > any liquid, but especially heavy cream, can't even use a paper coffee
>> > filter.

>> Posts like this make it obvious just how rank a newbie Pussy is. A fine wire
>> strainer will allow you to strain the pepper-infused cream easily.
>>
>> I thought it was obvious to the most casual observer, but Pussy is so
>> clueless that even such an obvious answer was beyond his ken. I have to
>> wonder what kind of odd gratification Pussy gets from posting here as if he
>> knows anything, when he can't even figure out a simple thing like that.
>>

>To be fair, foam isn't exactly a common item on the menu.

You haven't seen the baboon ass face's mouth when he reads my posts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

AOL newbie Sheldon "Pussy" Katz blathered cluelessly:

>> A fine wire strainer will allow you to strain the pepper-infused cream
>> easily.

> Bullshit. A mesh fine enough to retain "finely-ground" black pepper would
> constantly clog

Only if you are a total ****wit. You've never strained anything in your
life, have you? (Well, other than your wrist while masturbating, that is.)

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

bulka wrote:
> On a Rick Bayliss show, one of his cooks made a garnish he called
> "black pepper air" - ground pepper in an emulsion, whipped with a
> stabelizer. I must have missed something. A very fluffy cloud of, I
> guess, pepper flavored air. Looks a little silly for my normal table,
> but could be a useful trick for my stunt cook bag.
>
> Have you heard of this?
>
> Bulka

Sounds like what would be an industrial pepper spray incident in
another time in another place.

garlic and/or black pepper? Gus[_3_] General Cooking 65 21-12-2013 03:16 AM
Red or black pepper for mushrooms? Christopher M.[_3_] General Cooking 23 03-11-2012 03:04 AM
Black Pepper Walker General Cooking 14 23-02-2009 10:28 PM
Gingerbread using black pepper? -L. Baking 9 27-02-2006 06:16 AM
Lentil and Sweet Red Pepper Soup with Cumin and Black Pepper Gladys Dinletir Recipes (moderated) 0 29-12-2004 04:17 AM