FoodBanter.com

-   -   single household and considering Costco membership; no plan to inviteanyone for lunch or dinner (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/394121-single-household-considering-costco.html)

Manda Ruby 23-02-2010 05:20 AM

single household and considering Costco membership; no plan to inviteanyone for lunch or dinner

I know that there reecently was a thread on Costco but here is my
situation which would indicate that whether getting the membership is
worth or not based on monetary cost is not an issue: I don't have the
luxury to eat whatever I feel like such as stuff with lots of
calorieand little protien even if I eat enough protein form another
food source unless I want to have unlimited Calorie intake. I must
eat red meat to feel good. (If I just eat chicken, after a few days,
I feel terrible. It'd been like that always but more so now.) Since I
have to eat frequently, I'd have to use the leanest beef possible
unless I want my arteries clogged.

NOTE: I am no longer interested in steaks except once in a while
probably because beef here doesn't taste good like in Illinois.

So, I need to come up with easy to make (and non time-consuming - I
have no energy left too do elaborate cooking) beef dishes to do mass
production that I can use regularly, i.e. days in and days out per
week, making one meal a beef based meal for sure and the others either
chicken or fish or beef. So, I am thinking two types of dishes when it
come to beef: (1) Beef Soup and (2) Beef salad. I will make fajita
and tacos occasionally but not on regular basis because of the need of
ingredients that I might not always have and simply because I can
tolerate eatign soup and salad days in and days out than eatign
fajitas and tacos. Also miss one ingredient and tacos (say taco sauce)
and fajita (red bell pepper which I would not buy unless I get good
price and in small amount, ie. not from Costco) doesn't taste good.

(1) Beef Soup: I am thinking to just buy Beef broth and add beef
cubes (of sutter sirloin). As for seasoning, I need to find some
recipes and I'd prefer Asian ones. Not Pho. I don't have time to boil
that beef bones forever. Last week, I used an Indonesian package and
it tasted good but I do usually use these out of concerns for the
junks in there.

(2) Beef salad: I am thinking to roast and eat as a Salad. I'd just
have to get the right dressing for it. I love "Urban Eats" salad with
grilled tri-tip. I don't plan to grill (no energy left for all that;
also don't want to be in patio in this cold season) and so sutter
sirloin shall suffice due to its low content in fat. I want to use
"Spring Mix" for salad.

I have heard that meat in Costco are betterand also that their salad
packages are cheaper. So, I am thinking that I should get memebership
and go Costo ever two weeks to get the meat and salad package
primarily. I can also buy apples sold in bulk since it has become my
primary fruits since I have to control sugar content from fruit. I can
use catalope but its not easy to carry with me and eat while driving
or so. I am trying to eat more fruits than I have ever had in order
to counter act the acid produced from eating meat so much. If they
sell beef and big amount, that is okay. I usually buy a lot and
freeze them anyway so that I don't have to buy meat everytime I do
grocery shoping.

I can also train myself to buy non food items from Costco as much as
possible. Vitamins (and cosmetic stuff) if they carry what I use.

So what I need to know is all the good stuff available at Costco when
it comes to meat (fish) and salad packages. If their vege pacakages re
not too big, I'd buy that too. I prefer to eat varieties and eat the
same thing all the time. Can you share your knowledge?

BTW, as far as not having energy, I don't want to spend all my
remaining time and energy after work oncleaning (which I do all the
time or I feel not well from dustmites and what not), grocey shopping
or other shopping and cooking. So, please..please..please no lecture
on how it takes only *this* many minutes to cook *that* dish, etc. I'd
really like only useful information (useflu as in "Useful for me per
my plan to shop and cook").

news 23-02-2010 05:30 AM

"Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
> I know that there reecently was a thread on Costco but here is my
> situation which would indicate that whether getting the membership is
> worth or not based on monetary cost is not an issue: I don't have the
> luxury to eat whatever I feel like such as stuff with lots of
> calorieand little protien even if I eat enough protein form another
> food source unless I want to have unlimited Calorie intake. I must
> eat red meat to feel good.

Just buy half a steer, freeze it, and eat it raw.

Bob Terwilliger[_1_] 23-02-2010 05:32 AM

amandaF wrote:

> I know that there reecently was a thread on Costco but here is my
> situation which would indicate that whether getting the membership is
> worth or not based on monetary cost is not an issue: I don't have the
> luxury to eat whatever I feel like such as stuff with lots of
> calorieand little protien

<snip>
> So what I need to know is all the good stuff available at Costco when
> it comes to meat (fish) and salad packages. If their vege pacakages re
> not too big, I'd buy that too. I prefer to eat varieties and eat the
> same thing all the time. Can you share your knowledge?
>
> BTW, as far as not having energy, I don't want to spend all my
> remaining time and energy after work oncleaning (which I do all the
> time or I feel not well from dustmites and what not), grocey shopping
> or other shopping and cooking. So, please..please..please no lecture
> on how it takes only *this* many minutes to cook *that* dish, etc. I'd
> really like only useful information (useflu as in "Useful for me per
> my plan to shop and cook").

If cost is not an issue, and you're trying to conserve time and personal
energy, then you should NOT get a Costco membership. Shopping at Costco is
energy-sapping and time-consuming. You'd be better off shopping at a
good-quality grocery store. (You'd be even better off having a personal
shopper or getting groceries delivered, but I'm guessing that money isn't
THAT much of a non-issue.)

Bob

cybercat 23-02-2010 06:45 AM

"news" > wrote in message

> "Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
>> I know that there reecently was a thread on Costco but here is my
>> situation which would indicate that whether getting the membership is
>> worth or not based on monetary cost is not an issue: I don't have the
>> luxury to eat whatever I feel like such as stuff with lots of
>> calorieand little protien even if I eat enough protein form another
>> food source unless I want to have unlimited Calorie intake. I must
>> eat red meat to feel good.

> Just buy half a steer, freeze it, and eat it raw.

An excellent suggestion! It's an antedote to whining on incessantly about
one's dietary needs, while misspelling every other word.

Virginia Tadrzynski[_2_] 23-02-2010 12:42 PM

"Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
> [...]
> grocery shoping.
>
> I can also train myself to buy non food items from Costco as much as
> possible. Vitamins (and cosmetic stuff) if they carry what I use.
>

> So what I need to know is all the good stuff available at Costco when
> it comes to meat (fish) and salad packages. If their vege pacakages re
> not too big, I'd buy that too. I prefer to eat varieties and eat the
> same thing all the time. Can you share your knowledge?
>
> BTW, as far as not having energy, I don't want to spend all my
> remaining time and energy after work oncleaning (which I do all the
> time or I feel not well from dustmites and what not), grocey shopping
> or other shopping and cooking. So, please..please..please no lecture
> on how it takes only *this* many minutes to cook *that* dish, etc. I'd
> really like only useful information (useflu as in "Useful for me per

find a butcher that delivers.

Manda Ruby 23-02-2010 06:42 PM

single household and considering Costco membership; no plan toinvite anyone for lunch or dinner

On Feb 22, 8:32*pm, "Bob Terwilliger" >
wrote:
> amandaF wrote:
> > I know that there reecently was a thread on Costco but here is my
> > situation which would indicate that whether getting the membership is
> > worth or not based on monetary cost is not an issue: I don't have the
> > luxury to eat whatever I feel like such as stuff with lots of
> > calorieand little protien

> <snip>
> > So what I need to know is all the good stuff available at Costco when
> > it comes to meat (fish) and salad packages. If their vege pacakages re
> > not too big, I'd buy that too. I prefer to eat varieties and eat the
> > same thing all the time. Can you share your knowledge?

> > BTW, as far as not having energy, I don't want to spend all my
> > remaining time and energy after work oncleaning (which I do all the
> > time or I feel not well from dustmites and what not), grocey shopping
> > or other shopping and cooking. So, please..please..please no lecture
> > on how it takes only *this* many minutes to cook *that* dish, etc. I'd
> > really like only useful information (useflu as in "Useful for me per
> > my plan to shop and cook").

> If cost is not an issue, and you're trying to conserve time and personal
> energy, then you should NOT get a Costco membership. Shopping at Costco is
> energy-sapping and time-consuming.

> You'd be better off shopping at a
> good-quality grocery store.

I use Belaire and Raley's for beef and foster farm chicken, Safeway
for foster farm chciken and Contessa brand shrimp and allt here for
whover have better price for other things (bread, pita bread, vege,
fruits, Amy's entrees, Khashi's pizza) but only Raley's has low
calorie version of dried cranberries. Oh, I buy my imported brown
bamastic rice from an Indian store (Kohinoor is the brand and I LOVE
it; feel special that I could even find it so close to my place.). I
recntly got a bunch of canned Thai spice paste from an Asian store
(not close to me). l love Thai food but can't eat spicy all the time.
I found a store in that side of town (Asian store) where pita bread is
lesss than half the price of my 3 main stores. I am bought 3 pacakges
and am freezing two right now since I also have tortilla (one packages
of smaller one and two pacakages for bigger ones - one of which I
bought because I forgot that I alreday had it. I just stopped by and
grabbed things whenever I am passing by those stores. I only eat
Egglan's Best eggs. I don't have a super Wlamart nearby and so I don't
get good prices unless I got there which I do only when I am passing
by. I got to Foodsco when I need to get more bath tissues. They sure
have good prices for cilantro (at 25cents) and for snacks though they
are limited in choices. I rarely make a trip just to go grocery
shopping.) The downside of that is that I forget what I have at home
and buy the same thing and they go wasted. Oh, well.

I guess I continue doing what I have been doing.

Zeppo[_2_] 23-02-2010 06:48 PM

single household and considering Costco membership; no plan to invite anyone for lunch or dinner

> So what I need to know is all the good stuff available at Costco when
> it comes to meat (fish) and salad packages. If their vege pacakages re
> not too big, I'd buy that too. I prefer to eat varieties and eat the
> same thing all the time. Can you share your knowledge?
>
> BTW, as far as not having energy, I don't want to spend all my
> remaining time and energy after work oncleaning (which I do all the
> time or I feel not well from dustmites and what not), grocey shopping
> or other shopping and cooking. So, please..please..please no lecture
> on how it takes only *this* many minutes to cook *that* dish, etc. I'd
> really like only useful information (useflu as in "Useful for me per
> my plan to shop and cook").

Manda,
It's true Costco meat is pretty good, but unless you need the large
quantities of stuff it won't make up for the time spent shopping there. The
places are *HUGE* and unless you possess a will of iron you are going to do
some spurious shopping every time you walk in there. My resistance to
impulse purchases is not so great and I'll spend twice what I set out to
every trip.

Jon

Chemo the Clown 23-02-2010 07:10 PM

On Feb 23, 3:42*am, "Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote:
> [...]

> > grocery shoping.

> > I can also train myself to buy non food items from Costco as much as
> > possible. *Vitamins (and cosmetic stuff) if they carry what I use.

> > So what I need to know is all the good stuff available at Costco when
> > it comes to meat (fish) and salad packages. If their vege pacakages re
> > not too big, I'd buy that too. I prefer to eat varieties and eat the
> > same thing all the time. Can you share your knowledge?

> > BTW, as far as not having energy, I don't want to spend all my
> > remaining time and energy after work oncleaning (which I do all the
> > time or I feel not well from dustmites and what not), grocey shopping
> > or other shopping and cooking. So, please..please..please no lecture
> > on how it takes only *this* many minutes to cook *that* dish, etc. I'd
> > really like only useful information (useflu as in "Useful for me per

find a steer that will come to you and you butcher it.

Doug Freyburger 23-02-2010 08:34 PM

Manda Ruby wrote:

> NOTE: I am no longer interested in steaks except once in a while
> probably because beef here doesn't taste good like in Illinois.

The beef tastes fine here in Illinois. You are being picky and folks do
not need to take that into account. The pickier you are about food the
more you need to do special order products. CostCo does not do special
order products.

> I can also train myself to buy non food items from Costco as much as
> possible. Vitamins (and cosmetic stuff) if they carry what I use.

We now use a fair amount of non-food items from CostCo. Check the
prices.

> So what I need to know is all the good stuff available at Costco when
> it comes to meat (fish)

We buy most of our meat from CostCo these days. It's more consistant
than the local groceries. But when we want the special good stuff we go
to a local butcher.

> and salad packages.

They are good but too big for us. We ended up switching to ones from
the grocery store because of size. The best salads are from whole
lettuce and veggies from the grocery store, so premixed salads are a
compromise. They cost quality; they pay convenience.

> If their vege pacakages re not too big, I'd buy that too.

The depends on the individual type. They have a lot of good fresh
veggies.

> I prefer to eat varieties and eat the same thing all the time.

That did not make sense to me. Sounds like a language barrier issue. I
prefer to eat variety and so I do not eat the same thing all of the
time.

Manda Ruby 24-02-2010 01:08 AM

On Feb 23, 10:10*am, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> [...]

> > > possible. *Vitamins (and cosmetic stuff) if they carry what I use.

> > > So what I need to know is all the good stuff available at Costco when
> > > it comes to meat (fish) and salad packages. If their vege pacakages re
> > > not too big, I'd buy that too. I prefer to eat varieties and eat the
> > > same thing all the time. Can you share your knowledge?

> > > BTW, as far as not having energy, I don't want to spend all my
> > > remaining time and energy after work oncleaning (which I do all the
> > > time or I feel not well from dustmites and what not), grocey shopping
> > > or other shopping and cooking. So, please..please..please no lecture
> > > on how it takes only *this* many minutes to cook *that* dish, etc. I'd
> > > really like only useful information (useflu as in "Useful for me per
> > > my plan to shop and cook").

> > find a butcher that delivers.

> find a steer that will come to you and you butcher it.

How would that save time?

Manda Ruby 24-02-2010 01:30 AM

On Feb 23, 11:34*am, Doug Freyburger > wrote:
> Manda Ruby wrote:
>
> > NOTE: I am no longer interested in steaks except once in a while
> > probably because beef here doesn't taste good like in Illinois.

> The beef tastes fine here in Illinois. *

Oh, it's way much better than Texas. My spaghetti with groundn
sirloin tasted way much better.

> You are being picky and folks do
> not need to take that into account. *

That should be more of a reason to take into account. If costco has
good beef and their price is cheaper, I don't have to wait for sale at
Belaire to stock up at a time when I get home, I really don't want to
put them into ziplock bags and label, etc. to freeze them. I can go
anytime I have time to freeze them. Or better yet, I won't have to
stock up. The main reason I won't want to to go Costco would be the
hugeness of the store.

> The pickier you are about food the
> more you need to do special order products. *CostCo does not do special
> order products.

I don't need special order products. I just need regular stuff that
are decent quality.

> > I can also train myself to buy non food items from Costco as much as
> > possible. *Vitamins (and cosmetic stuff) if they carry what I use.

> We now use a fair amount of non-food items from CostCo. *Check the
> prices.

If they do a good job on eyeglasses (brand name progressive lens like
Varilux), I'd would do it there.

> > So what I need to know is all the good stuff available at Costco when
> > it comes to meat (fish)

> We buy most of our meat from CostCo these days. *It's more consistant
> than the local groceries. *But when we want the special good stuff we go
> to a local butcher.

These days, I don't have the luxury (of time or energy) to try
different cuts for different recipes and so, I'd be only interested in
Sutter Sirloin and may be London Broil (for tacos) and fajita meat
occasionally. After my initial post, I started thinking that may be I
should start eating steaks again when I am realy busy.

> > and salad packages.

> They are good but too big for us. *We ended up switching to ones from
> the grocery store because of size. *The best salads are from whole
> lettuce and veggies from the grocery store, so premixed salads are a
> compromise. *They cost quality; they pay convenience.

If it's too big for the two of you, it would defintely be big for one
of me.

> > If their vege pacakages re not too big, I'd buy that too.

> The depends on the individual type. *They have a lot of good fresh
> veggies.
>
> > I prefer to eat varieties and eat the same thing all the time.

> That did not make sense to me. *Sounds like a language barrier issue. *

I mean different veggies within a week but would eat all those
veggies every week per availability of the season except for carrots.

> prefer to eat variety and so I do not eat the same thing all of the
> time.

I guess, I should just stick to the way I am shopping now. From now
on, I'd just ask the meat department to cut the the sutter sirloin
into 1 inch cubes and packed them per .75-1 lbs and then re-warp it so
that when I get home, I can just put them in the freezer bags
straight. Then, when cooking, I can just throw straight into the pot
once thawed. A lot of my cooking time is in washing anything the meat
touches in pre and post cooking as I am very concern about cross
contamination. I never got food posion at home though I have had one
from a fine restaurant eating a burger. I almost had to call 911 but
got better after I threw up in the middle of the night though I could
sleep in lying position after I threw up.

Manda Ruby 24-02-2010 01:32 AM

On Feb 23, 4:30*pm, Manda Ruby > wrote:
> [...]

> > prefer to eat variety and so I do not eat the same thing all of the
> > time.

> I guess, I should just stick to the way I am shopping now. From now
> on, I'd just ask the meat department to cut the the sutter sirloin
> into 1 inch cubes and packed them per .75-1 lbs and then re-warp it so
> that when I get home, I can just put them in the freezer bags
> straight. Then, when cooking, I can just throw straight into the pot
> once thawed. *A lot of my cooking time is in washing anything the meat
> touches in pre and post cooking as I am very concern about cross
> contamination. I never got food posion at home though I have had one
> from a fine restaurant eating a burger. *I almost had to call 911 but
> got better after I threw up in the middle of the night though

> I could sleep in lying position after I threw up.

I could NOT sleep in lying position for the rest of the morning.

Chemo the Clown 24-02-2010 01:33 AM

On Feb 23, 9:48*am, "Zeppo" > wrote:
> > So what I need to know is all the good stuff available at Costco when
> > it comes to meat (fish) and salad packages. If their vege pacakages re
> > not too big, I'd buy that too. I prefer to eat varieties and eat the
> > same thing all the time. Can you share your knowledge?

> > BTW, as far as not having energy, I don't want to spend all my
> > remaining time and energy after work oncleaning (which I do all the
> > time or I feel not well from dustmites and what not), grocey shopping
> > or other shopping and cooking. So, please..please..please no lecture
> > on how it takes only *this* many minutes to cook *that* dish, etc. I'd
> > really like only useful information (useflu as in "Useful for me per
> > my plan to shop and cook").

> Manda,
> It's true Costco meat is pretty good, but unless you need the large
> quantities of stuff it won't make up for the time spent shopping there. The
> places are *HUGE* and unless you possess a will of iron you are going to do
> some spurious shopping every time you walk in there. My resistance to
> impulse purchases is not so great and I'll spend twice what I set out to
> every trip.
>
> Jon

I never have a problem going into Costco and getting only what I want.

Manda Ruby 24-02-2010 01:41 AM

single household and considering Costco membership; no plan toinvite anyone for lunch or dinner

On Feb 23, 11:34*am, Doug Freyburger > wrote:
> Manda Ruby wrote:
>
> > and salad packages.

> They are good but too big for us. *

How many ounces? If they are good and reasonable in price, I'd be more
inclined to eat everyday and won't feel badf if I don't eat and get
wasted. I only like Spring mix. It's never on sale at the regular
store.

Melba's Jammin' 24-02-2010 05:20 PM

single household and considering Costco membership; no plan to invite anyone for lunch or dinner

In article
Manda Ruby > wrote:

> I know that there reecently was a thread on Costco but here is my
> situation which would indicate that whether getting the membership is
> worth or not based on monetary cost is not an issue:

Live it up. Buy a membership.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller

Doug Freyburger 24-02-2010 07:01 PM

Manda Ruby wrote:
> Doug Freyburger > wrote:
>
> .. If costco has
> good beef and their price is cheaper, I don't have to wait for sale at
> Belaire to stock up at a time when I get home, I really don't want to
> put them into ziplock bags and label, etc. to freeze them. I can go
> anytime I have time to freeze them. Or better yet, I won't have to
> stock up. The main reason I won't want to to go Costco would be the
> hugeness of the store.

Tilia Foodsaver rules. We buy big, cut up and freeze. Sealed bags beat
ziplock.

>> We now use a fair amount of non-food items from CostCo. *Check the
>> prices.

> If they do a good job on eyeglasses (brand name progressive lens like
> Varilux), I'd would do it there.

Each CostCo I have been to has an optometrist. I have not compared
prices.

>> > and salad packages.

>> They are good but too big for us ...

> If it's too big for the two of you, it would defintely be big for one
> of me.

The bags at the grocery store come in sacks that I use in 4 dinner
salads. The boxes at CostCo contain at least 4 times as much. No way
we can eat 16 dinner salads before it goes bad.

> I mean different veggies within a week but would eat all those
> veggies every week per availability of the season except for carrots.

I avoid bell peppers and rutabagas. For other veggies I have a list of
favorites but I make a point that when I see one I have never had or
that I have not had in at least a year I get it and eat it.

> .... I never got food posion at home though I have had one
> from a fine restaurant eating a burger.

So far I've only had food poisoning that I'm sure of once. From the
beer at a local brewpub of all sources. I've had the "one day bug" a
few times over the years and that's supposed to be food poisoning more
likely than a virus. No way to tell for sure.

Dan Abel 24-02-2010 07:42 PM

single household and considering Costco membership; no plan to invite anyone for lunch or dinner

In article >,
Doug Freyburger > wrote:

[snipped author]

> > If they do a good job on eyeglasses (brand name progressive lens like
> > Varilux), I'd would do it there.

> Each CostCo I have been to has an optometrist. I have not compared
> prices.

I know very little. The locator has a little graphic to show an optical
office. Also, when you select stores in the locator, you can select for
various things, including gasoline, pharmacy and optical:

http://www.costco.com/Warehouse/loca...op_Right_Nav1-
_-Top_locations&topnav=&whse=BC&lang=en-US

> > .... I never got food posion at home though I have had one
> > from a fine restaurant eating a burger.

> So far I've only had food poisoning that I'm sure of once. From the
> beer at a local brewpub of all sources. I've had the "one day bug" a
> few times over the years and that's supposed to be food poisoning more
> likely than a virus. No way to tell for sure.

Definitely no way to tell much. I've had minor problems for a few
years. Didn't know what it was. Three visits to the emergency room.
At the last one, they said it was my gall bladder! They told me to come
back if I ran a fever. So two days later I was back. They put me in
the hospital and took out my gall bladder! I hope my problems go away.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

blake murphy[_2_] 25-02-2010 06:33 PM

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:42:14 -0800, Dan Abel wrote:

> In article >,
> Doug Freyburger > wrote:
>>
>> So far I've only had food poisoning that I'm sure of once. From the
>> beer at a local brewpub of all sources. I've had the "one day bug" a
>> few times over the years and that's supposed to be food poisoning more
>> likely than a virus. No way to tell for sure.

> Definitely no way to tell much. I've had minor problems for a few
> years. Didn't know what it was. Three visits to the emergency room.
> At the last one, they said it was my gall bladder! They told me to come
> back if I ran a fever. So two days later I was back. They put me in
> the hospital and took out my gall bladder! I hope my problems go away.

sorry to hear about the demise of your gall bladder, but i hope your health
improves.

your pal,
blake

jmcquown[_2_] 28-02-2010 09:57 PM

"Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote in message

> "Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
>>I know that there reecently was a thread on Costco but here is my
>> situation which would indicate that whether getting the membership is
>> worth or not based on monetary cost is not an issue: I don't have the
>> luxury to eat whatever I feel like such as stuff with lots of
>> calorieand little protien even if I eat enough protein form another
>> food source unless I want to have unlimited Calorie intake. I must
>> eat red meat to feel good. (If I just eat chicken, after a few days,
>> I feel terrible. It'd been like that always but more so now.) Since I
>> have to eat frequently, I'd have to use the leanest beef possible
>> unless I want my arteries clogged.
>>
>> NOTE: I am no longer interested in steaks except once in a while
>> probably because beef here doesn't taste good like in Illinois.

(My apologies for piggybacking on Ginny's post but I have killfiled all the
gmail idiots) SNIPPAGE

I'm thinking if you don't want to eat beef then don't buy beef. And if
chicken bothers you, maybe you should stop eating eat. Don't want to make
beef stock? Hmmm, then don't. Buy the stuff from the grocery store.
Protein comes from many sources, including vegetables and legumes. You can
get protein from peanut butter, eggs, cheeses, any number of things. And
hey, if all those foods make you sick then a Costco membership isn't going
to cure that. Try going to a doctor and consulting a licensed nutritionist.

Jill

Omelet[_7_] 01-03-2010 12:44 AM

"jmcquown" > wrote:

> (My apologies for piggybacking on Ginny's post but I have killfiled all the
> gmail idiots) SNIPPAGE

Hey, I resemble that remark! ;-)

Gmail works for me...
--