Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT - 26.5 Inches Here

26.5 inches here. Just got done snowblowing out - took many hours.

How 'bout you?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"grossbea" > wrote in message
news:NJOdndyNvPojZ_PWnZ2dnUVZ_qSdnZ2d@cablespeedmi .com...
> 26.5 inches here. Just got done snowblowing out - took many hours.
>
> How 'bout you?

It snowed here in CT, but the air was so dry, nothing hit the ground. No
complaints from me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"grossbea" > wrote:

> 26.5 inches here. Just got done snowblowing out - took many hours.
>
> How 'bout you?

Here? Nothing new.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller; new entries posted 2-2-2010
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 13:05:42 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> "grossbea" > wrote in message
> news:NJOdndyNvPojZ_PWnZ2dnUVZ_qSdnZ2d@cablespeedmi .com...
>> 26.5 inches here. Just got done snowblowing out - took many hours.
>>
>> How 'bout you?

> It snowed here in CT, but the air was so dry, nothing hit the ground. No
> complaints from me.

Is this some sort of magic, freeze-dried snow?

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 13:05:42 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> "grossbea" > wrote in message
>> news:NJOdndyNvPojZ_PWnZ2dnUVZ_qSdnZ2d@cablespeedmi .com...
>>> 26.5 inches here. Just got done snowblowing out - took many hours.
>>>
>>> How 'bout you?

>> It snowed here in CT, but the air was so dry, nothing hit the ground. No
>> complaints from me.

> Is this some sort of magic, freeze-dried snow?
>
> -sw

Actually, yes. The snow precipitates from the clouds but it sublimated in
the upper atmosphere. Happens with rain sometimes as it can evaporate on
the way down.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 13:05:42 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> It snowed here in CT, but the air was so dry, nothing hit the
>>> ground. No
>>> complaints from me.

>> Is this some sort of magic, freeze-dried snow?
>>
>> -sw

> Actually, yes. The snow precipitates from the clouds but it sublimated
> in the upper atmosphere. Happens with rain sometimes as it can
> evaporate on the way down.

Google or Wikipedia "virga" for an explanation. I happens fairly often
on the east side of the Rockies in Colorado.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Here is MD also. Near BWI.

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> On Sun 07 Feb 2010 12:39:10p, grossbea wrote in rec.food.cooking
> <news:NJOdndyNvPojZ_PWnZ2dnUVZ_qSdnZ2d@cablespeedm i.com>:
>
>> 26.5 inches here. Just got done snowblowing out - took many hours.
>>
>> How 'bout you?
>>

> Where is here? Here in MD where I am its a total of about 30".
> Still trying to dig out but my back is done. My mom and sister lost
> power but it's back as of this morning. Sis went 35 hours without
> power, mom about 20 hours.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> Just freaking wonderful. I went out to see how far I can move my
> truck out of the driveway (not far even with 4 whl dr) and my
> windshield is cracked. sigh.............

oh no! I wonder how it happened?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/7/2010 1:28 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 13:05:42 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> > wrote in message
>> news:NJOdndyNvPojZ_PWnZ2dnUVZ_qSdnZ2d@cablespeedmi .com...
>>> 26.5 inches here. Just got done snowblowing out - took many hours.
>>>
>>> How 'bout you?

>> It snowed here in CT, but the air was so dry, nothing hit the ground. No
>> complaints from me.

> Is this some sort of magic, freeze-dried snow?
>
> -sw

Sure, the magic is called sublimation.

And there is a similar case with rain called "virga".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 07 Feb 2010 23:53:11 GMT, Cheryl >
wrote:

>Just freaking wonderful. I went out to see how far I can move my
>truck out of the driveway (not far even with 4 whl dr) and my
>windshield is cracked. sigh.............

http://www.glassusa.com/

I had one fixed this past summer. $201.38. They came to me in a few
hours and did it in 35 minutes. A perfect job too.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 14:39:43 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 13:05:42 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>>> It snowed here in CT, but the air was so dry, nothing hit the ground. No
>>> complaints from me.

>> Is this some sort of magic, freeze-dried snow?

> Actually, yes. The snow precipitates from the clouds but it sublimated in
> the upper atmosphere. Happens with rain sometimes as it can evaporate on
> the way down.

It's not snow unless you can see it.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/7/2010 8:18 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> On Sun 07 Feb 2010 07:43:17p, Lou Decruss wrote in
> rec.food.cooking
> >:
>
>> On Sun, 07 Feb 2010 23:53:11 GMT, >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Just freaking wonderful. I went out to see how far I can move
>>> my truck out of the driveway (not far even with 4 whl dr) and my
>>> windshield is cracked. sigh.............

>> http://www.glassusa.com/
>>
>> I had one fixed this past summer. $201.38. They came to me in
>> a few hours and did it in 35 minutes. A perfect job too.
>>
>> Lou
>>

> Thanks! I've had to have one replaced in the winter before, and
> they can't do it at your home unless you have a garage with
> environmental control. Too cold. But I've been doing some web
> searches to get the best price. I can't drive with a crack because
> I'm doing highway driving and I'm too afraid when I get up to speed
> it will implode so I have to do it tomorrow. Funny, I never gave
> that pebble or small rock a second thought when it hit but add cold
> temps, and there you go. Sucks.

Check for a local glass place. I had one replaced at a evil local
family owned place last year for around $180. He asked if I could be
there at 7 the next morning and said it would take less than an hour. I
went for a walk after I dropped it off and he called a half hour later
telling me it would be done shortly and I should start walking back. It
took 40 minutes total. They even reattached the inspection stickers
saving a trip to get new stickers.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/7/2010 12:39 PM, grossbea wrote:
> 26.5 inches here. Just got done snowblowing out - took many hours.
>
> How 'bout you?

We had 4 inch last week but it then turned to rain and in 48 hours snow
was gone, in the mid forties here all week, Charlotte, NC region.
Mike

--
piedmont, The Practical BBQ'r

http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/

(mawil55)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 01:18:00 GMT, Cheryl >
wrote:

>On Sun 07 Feb 2010 07:43:17p, Lou Decruss wrote in
>rec.food.cooking
> :
>
>> On Sun, 07 Feb 2010 23:53:11 GMT, Cheryl >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Just freaking wonderful. I went out to see how far I can move
>>>my truck out of the driveway (not far even with 4 whl dr) and my
>>>windshield is cracked. sigh.............

>> http://www.glassusa.com/
>>
>> I had one fixed this past summer. $201.38. They came to me in
>> a few hours and did it in 35 minutes. A perfect job too.
>>
>> Lou

By "fixed" you must mean they filled in the crack with that goop.

I had a *new windshield installed* two years ago, was done in my
driveway. I have full glass coverage with my auto policy (no
deductible). If I had to pay for the windshield and labor it would
have cost close to $600. There is no way you had a new windshield
installed for that price... a new windshield alone costs like twice
$200 and what about labor/travel... perhaps that $200 is your
deductible.

>Thanks! I've had to have one replaced in the winter before, and
>they can't do it at your home unless you have a garage with
>environmental control. Too cold. But I've been doing some web
>searches to get the best price. I can't drive with a crack because
>I'm doing highway driving and I'm too afraid when I get up to speed
>it will implode so I have to do it tomorrow. Funny, I never gave
>that pebble or small rock a second thought when it hit but add cold
>temps, and there you go. Sucks.

Your insurance company will find you an auto glass shop close to home
where you can make an appointment to have your windshield replaced
while you wait. When one has glass coverage on their auto policy
(most do) the insurance company negotiates the price so you never know
the actual cost... you pay the deductible only if there one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 7, 12:39*pm, "grossbea" > wrote:
> 26.5 inches here. *Just got done snowblowing out - took many hours.
>
> How 'bout you?

Here in DE, 4 miles from the MD border, we had 30 inches. The most
we've ever had in 20 years here. Lost power for 48 hours, but the
house didn't go below 58 degrees with just the 4 burners on top of the
stove running, and melting snow for water to flush with, all day both
days. 1 stockpot of snow = 2" of water. Kept me busy inside as DH
shoveled. Then a neighbor came with a backhoe and did the driveway.
Greyhound bounded 2 giant leaps into the snow up to his shoulders, did
a u-ey and came back in, & crossed his legs til dad dug him paths. And
he loves snow, I guess just not up to and covering his hoohoo and
butt. The Jack Russel terrorista just peed on the partially cleared
deck, brat.
At least we have gas stove so we can still cook.
And they are talking another 16" tonight & tomorrow.
I wanna go to Aruba!!
Nan In DE