Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Mondays food facts..... + extras

Did you know ......

That it takes about 10kg of milk to make 1kg of natural cheese?

That the main purpose of growing rice in flooded paddocks is to drown the
weeds surrounding the seedlings?

That iceberg lettuce, until the 1920s, was called "crisphead"?

That Fish can get seasick?

That it takes an average of 90 squirts from a cow's udder to produce a
litre of milk?

That sheep will not drink from running water?

That babies have taste buds all over the insides of their mouths, not just
on their tongues?

One of the best ways to clean pewter is to rub it with cabbage leaves?

That rats can swim for a kilometre without resting, and they can also
tread water for three days straight?

That the Mona Lisa has no eyebrows?

That the mechanical shark used in the "Jaws" movie was nicknamed
"Bruce"... and there was another white pointer in 'Finding Nemo' called
Bruce as well?

Thast horseracing regulations require no racehorse's name to contain more
than 18 letters?

That's all for today, kiddies :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Killfile all Google Groups posters.........

http://improve-usenet.org/

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 23:47:59 GMT, PeterL1 wrote:

>> Thast horseracing regulations require no racehorse's name to contain
>> more than 18 letters?

> I rest my case "The Psychology of Lucas". The more shit he
> stirs, the more he struggles to come up with nonsense, OT posts.

Which is why his "admirers" and apologists are rank idiots, e.g. Lil' Wayne
Bloatwright, Koko The Cooking Ape, "cshenk", Dan disAbel, "WTF",
Oomelet...all cut from the same moronic cloth.

--
Best
Greg