Old 16-01-2010, 07:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default Hey, I'm new to this board and don't know the board dynamics andpolitics

I've been reading a bit and trying to find out how the people who post
here regularly act with each other and what the main dynamic of the
board is. I'm still trying to figure it out.

As with other boards, there are antagonists and friends and cliques.

I don't want to make enemies or friends yet, I just want to have some
interaction about food and cooking
with people who also find cooking pleasurable and interesting and who
are foodies like me.

So, Hi. I'm hoping this board will become a favorite and a place
where I can have conversations with
like minded foodies.

-Mags

Old 16-01-2010, 07:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" wrote in message
I've been reading a bit and trying to find out how the people who post
here regularly act with each other and what the main dynamic of the
board is. I'm still trying to figure it out.

As with other boards, there are antagonists and friends and cliques.

I don't want to make enemies or friends yet, I just want to have some
interaction about food and cooking
with people who also find cooking pleasurable and interesting and who
are foodies like me.

So, Hi. I'm hoping this board will become a favorite and a place
where I can have conversations with
like minded foodies.

All I can say is, dive in and post what you want to post. You won't please
all of the people all of the time, but if you want to do that, you won't
post at all
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 16-01-2010, 08:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

--
--https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Thanks, I plan on it '-)
Old 16-01-2010, 08:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/16/2010 12:16 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
I've been reading a bit and trying to find out how the people who post
here regularly act with each other and what the main dynamic of the
board is. I'm still trying to figure it out.

As with other boards, there are antagonists and friends and cliques.

I don't want to make enemies or friends yet, I just want to have some
interaction about food and cooking
with people who also find cooking pleasurable and interesting and who
are foodies like me.

So, Hi. I'm hoping this board will become a favorite and a place
where I can have conversations with
like minded foodies.

-Mags

The noise ratio here is very high. But if you have a thick skin, you'll
get along just fine.

Bob

Old 16-01-2010, 08:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Jan 16, 11:35*am, zxcvbob wrote:
On 1/16/2010 12:16 PM, ImStillMags wrote:

I've been reading a bit and trying to find out how the people who post
here regularly act with each other and what the main dynamic of the
board is. * *I'm still trying to figure it out.

As with other boards, there are antagonists and friends and cliques.

I don't want to make enemies *or friends yet, I just want to have some
interaction about food and cooking
with people who also find cooking pleasurable and interesting and who
are foodies like me.

So, Hi. * *I'm hoping this board will become a favorite and a place
where I can have conversations with
like minded foodies.

-Mags

The noise ratio here is very high. But if you have a thick skin, you'll
get along just fine.

Bob

I'll make like a duck........it rolls right off. Thanks.

Old 16-01-2010, 09:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 10:16:34 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
wrote:

I've been reading a bit and trying to find out how the people who post
here regularly act with each other and what the main dynamic of the
board is. I'm still trying to figure it out.

As with other boards, there are antagonists and friends and cliques.

I don't want to make enemies or friends yet, I just want to have some
interaction about food and cooking
with people who also find cooking pleasurable and interesting and who
are foodies like me.

So, Hi. I'm hoping this board will become a favorite and a place
where I can have conversations with
like minded foodies.

-Mags

Please visit our website. It has links to the faq's and other
interesting things about this group.

Welcome to the group.

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
Old 16-01-2010, 09:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
,
ImStillMags wrote:

I've been reading a bit and trying to find out how the people who post
here regularly act with each other and what the main dynamic of the
board is. I'm still trying to figure it out.

As with other boards, there are antagonists and friends and cliques.

I don't want to make enemies or friends yet, I just want to have some
interaction about food and cooking
with people who also find cooking pleasurable and interesting and who
are foodies like me.

So, Hi. I'm hoping this board will become a favorite and a place
where I can have conversations with like minded foodies.

-Mags

Don't hold your breath, but if you want to be regarded as an improvement
to the group, don't start any off-topic threads and try not to get
hooked into them. That can be difficult, I know.

If you want to talk about your dead pet, your sick pet, politics,
computer problems, or the latest Ole and Lena joke, there are
appropriate groups for that. In theory, the rfc chat room was
established for off topic chatter but recently some of *their* junk got
dragged over here! Go figure. LOL! Have you read the r.f.c. FAQ
file? Victor Sack posts a link regularly and frequently (a couple times
a month? Once, for sure.).

Welcome to the fray. I haven't received your membership application and
entry fee yet and I believe the bylaws state that you're not allowed to
post until the Cabal (TINC) has approved your request for membership.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller 1-9-2010
Old 16-01-2010, 10:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

wrote:
[...]

Thanks Koko.....checked out the site. Lots of interesting stuff
there.

I like the idea of the cook alongs, but I noticed that the last one
was in 2007. Maybe some would like to revive that tradition.
Old 16-01-2010, 11:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

ImStillMags wrote:
I've been reading a bit and trying to find out how the people who post
here regularly act with each other and what the main dynamic of the
board is. I'm still trying to figure it out.

As with other boards, there are antagonists and friends and cliques.

I don't want to make enemies or friends yet, I just want to have some
interaction about food and cooking
with people who also find cooking pleasurable and interesting and who
are foodies like me.

So, Hi. I'm hoping this board will become a favorite and a place
where I can have conversations with
like minded foodies.

-Mags

Its OK here, but not as good as UK Food + drink. That's where the real pros
hang out. If you want to learn, go there

Old 17-01-2010, 12:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

ImStillMags wrote:

I've been reading a bit and trying to find out how the people who post
here regularly act with each other and what the main dynamic of the
board is. I'm still trying to figure it out.

As with other boards, there are antagonists and friends and cliques.

I don't want to make enemies or friends yet, I just want to have some
interaction about food and cooking
with people who also find cooking pleasurable and interesting and who
are foodies like me.

So, Hi. I'm hoping this board will become a favorite and a place
where I can have conversations with
like minded foodies.

-Mags

Greetings Mags Jump in and please share any recipe or experiences
about food, cooking and dining you think are interesting. The
collective knowlege of the group is vast and extensive. Folks here
usually have very helpful suggestions and advice (most of the time).

Sky, who hopes Mags has asbestos attire readily handy vbg!

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!

Old 17-01-2010, 01:25 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 14:52:09 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
wrote:

Welcome to the fray. I haven't received your membership application and
entry fee yet and I believe the bylaws state that you're not allowed to
post until the Cabal (TINC) has approved your request for membership.

Wait a sec! I thought we voted at the last Cabal (TINC) meeting that
the Trollops got to vote on this, too! I'll take my bribe, erm,
membership application fee in US cash, please.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

---

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,
and if the turkey had had a breast like the maid,
it would have been a swell dinner." Duncan Hines
Old 17-01-2010, 03:02 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

Sqwertz wrote:

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 10:16:34 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags wrote:

As with other boards, there are antagonists and friends and cliques.

There are only the infidels and the Cabal. Anything else is just
your imagination.

-sw

(GIGGLE) and take notice if you happen to hear the "Twilight Zone" theme
tune, too G

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!
Old 17-01-2010, 04:34 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 17:12:26 -0800, Christine Dabney wrote:

One thing everyone is seeming to forget is that we are NOT part of
FoodBanter, even though FoodBanter picks up this newsgroup. RFC
(rec.food.cooking) is a totally different thing than FoodBanter. And
you can get here directly, without going through FoodBanter.

Continuing in that vein - this IS usenet, not googlegroups. You'll have
more street cred if you get a real news reader and a real usenet server for
participating in rec.food.cooking. There are a lot of folk that
automatically block any and all posts from googlegroups because it is an
unending source of spam. If none of this makes sense, ask for a bit of
help and guidance - the natives are friendly.

--
"I jotted down three names: Julia Child, Mr. Wizard and Monty Python"
A. Brown
Old 17-01-2010, 08:38 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
Welcome to the fray. *I haven't received your membership application and
entry fee yet and I believe the bylaws state that you're not allowed to
post until the Cabal (TINC) has approved your request for membership.

Wait a sec! I thought we voted at the last Cabal (TINC) meeting that
the Trollops got to vote on this, too! I'll take my bribe, erm,
membership application fee in US cash, please.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

Do you keep these dumbass replies in a file on yer computer to post at
such opportune times? It's the same ****ing thing, every time.

Flame on!
Old 17-01-2010, 08:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

projectile vomit chick wrote:

Flame on!

Thanks, I couldn't find my lighter and I can't stand having a coffee
without a cigarette soon after it
--
Vilco
Don't think pink: drink rosť