FoodBanter.com

-   -   Hey, I'm new to this board and don't know the board dynamics andpolitics (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/393039-hey-im-new-board.html)

ImStillMags 16-01-2010 07:16 PM

Hey, I'm new to this board and don't know the board dynamics andpolitics

I've been reading a bit and trying to find out how the people who post
here regularly act with each other and what the main dynamic of the
board is. I'm still trying to figure it out.

As with other boards, there are antagonists and friends and cliques.

I don't want to make enemies or friends yet, I just want to have some
interaction about food and cooking
with people who also find cooking pleasurable and interesting and who
are foodies like me.

So, Hi. I'm hoping this board will become a favorite and a place
where I can have conversations with
like minded foodies.

-Mags

Ophelia[_7_] 16-01-2010 07:23 PM

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
> I've been reading a bit and trying to find out how the people who post
> here regularly act with each other and what the main dynamic of the
> board is. I'm still trying to figure it out.
>
> As with other boards, there are antagonists and friends and cliques.
>
> I don't want to make enemies or friends yet, I just want to have some
> interaction about food and cooking
> with people who also find cooking pleasurable and interesting and who
> are foodies like me.
>
> So, Hi. I'm hoping this board will become a favorite and a place
> where I can have conversations with
> like minded foodies.

All I can say is, dive in and post what you want to post. You won't please
all of the people all of the time, but if you want to do that, you won't
post at all:)
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

ImStillMags 16-01-2010 08:03 PM

On Jan 16, 10:23*am, "Ophelia" > wrote:
> "ImStillMags" > wrote in message

> > I've been reading a bit and trying to find out how the people who post
> > here regularly act with each other and what the main dynamic of the
> > board is. * *I'm still trying to figure it out.

> > As with other boards, there are antagonists and friends and cliques.

> > I don't want to make enemies *or friends yet, I just want to have some
> > interaction about food and cooking
> > with people who also find cooking pleasurable and interesting and who
> > are foodies like me.

> > So, Hi. * *I'm hoping this board will become a favorite and a place
> > where I can have conversations with
> > like minded foodies.

> All I can say is, dive in and post what you want to post. * You won't please
> all of the people all of the time, but if you want to do that, you won't
> post at all:)
> --
> --https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Thanks, I plan on it '-)

zxcvbob 16-01-2010 08:35 PM

On 1/16/2010 12:16 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> I've been reading a bit and trying to find out how the people who post
> here regularly act with each other and what the main dynamic of the
> board is. I'm still trying to figure it out.
>
> As with other boards, there are antagonists and friends and cliques.
>
> I don't want to make enemies or friends yet, I just want to have some
> interaction about food and cooking
> with people who also find cooking pleasurable and interesting and who
> are foodies like me.
>
> So, Hi. I'm hoping this board will become a favorite and a place
> where I can have conversations with
> like minded foodies.
>
> -Mags

The noise ratio here is very high. But if you have a thick skin, you'll
get along just fine.

Bob

ImStillMags 16-01-2010 08:50 PM

On Jan 16, 11:35*am, zxcvbob > wrote:
> On 1/16/2010 12:16 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
>

> > I've been reading a bit and trying to find out how the people who post
> > here regularly act with each other and what the main dynamic of the
> > board is. * *I'm still trying to figure it out.

> > As with other boards, there are antagonists and friends and cliques.

> > I don't want to make enemies *or friends yet, I just want to have some
> > interaction about food and cooking
> > with people who also find cooking pleasurable and interesting and who
> > are foodies like me.

> > So, Hi. * *I'm hoping this board will become a favorite and a place
> > where I can have conversations with
> > like minded foodies.

> > -Mags

> The noise ratio here is very high. But if you have a thick skin, you'll
> get along just fine.
>
> Bob

I'll make like a duck........it rolls right off. Thanks.

koko 16-01-2010 09:30 PM

Hey, I'm new to this board and don't know the board dynamics and politics

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 10:16:34 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>I've been reading a bit and trying to find out how the people who post
>here regularly act with each other and what the main dynamic of the
>board is. I'm still trying to figure it out.
>
>As with other boards, there are antagonists and friends and cliques.
>
>I don't want to make enemies or friends yet, I just want to have some
>interaction about food and cooking
>with people who also find cooking pleasurable and interesting and who
>are foodies like me.
>
>So, Hi. I'm hoping this board will become a favorite and a place
>where I can have conversations with
>like minded foodies.
>
>-Mags

Please visit our website. It has links to the faq's and other
interesting things about this group.

Welcome to the group.

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

Melba's Jammin' 16-01-2010 09:52 PM

Hey, I'm new to this board and don't know the board dynamics and politics

In article
ImStillMags > wrote:

> I've been reading a bit and trying to find out how the people who post
> here regularly act with each other and what the main dynamic of the
> board is. I'm still trying to figure it out.
>
> As with other boards, there are antagonists and friends and cliques.
>
> I don't want to make enemies or friends yet, I just want to have some
> interaction about food and cooking
> with people who also find cooking pleasurable and interesting and who
> are foodies like me.
>
> So, Hi. I'm hoping this board will become a favorite and a place
> where I can have conversations with like minded foodies.
>
> -Mags

Don't hold your breath, but if you want to be regarded as an improvement
to the group, don't start any off-topic threads and try not to get
hooked into them. That can be difficult, I know.

If you want to talk about your dead pet, your sick pet, politics,
computer problems, or the latest Ole and Lena joke, there are
appropriate groups for that. In theory, the rfc chat room was
established for off topic chatter but recently some of *their* junk got
dragged over here! Go figure. LOL! Have you read the r.f.c. FAQ
file? Victor Sack posts a link regularly and frequently (a couple times
a month? Once, for sure.).

Welcome to the fray. I haven't received your membership application and
entry fee yet and I believe the bylaws state that you're not allowed to
post until the Cabal (TINC) has approved your request for membership.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller 1-9-2010

ImStillMags 16-01-2010 10:05 PM

On Jan 16, 12:30*pm, koko > wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 10:16:34 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
>

> > wrote:
> >I've been reading a bit and trying to find out how the people who post
> >here regularly act with each other and what the main dynamic of the
> >board is. * *I'm still trying to figure it out.

> >As with other boards, there are antagonists and friends and cliques.

> >I don't want to make enemies *or friends yet, I just want to have some
> >interaction about food and cooking
> >with people who also find cooking pleasurable and interesting and who
> >are foodies like me.

> >So, Hi. * *I'm hoping this board will become a favorite and a place
> >where I can have conversations with
> >like minded foodies.

> >-Mags

> Please visit our website. It has links to the faq's and other
> interesting things about this group.
>
> Welcome to the group.
>
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> koko
> --
>
> There is no love more sincere than the love of food
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *George Bernard Shawwww.kokoscorner.typepad.com
> updated 01/10/10

Thanks Koko.....checked out the site. Lots of interesting stuff
there.

I like the idea of the cook alongs, but I noticed that the last one
was in 2007. Maybe some would like to revive that tradition.

Mort Adella 16-01-2010 11:35 PM

ImStillMags wrote:
> I've been reading a bit and trying to find out how the people who post
> here regularly act with each other and what the main dynamic of the
> board is. I'm still trying to figure it out.
>
> As with other boards, there are antagonists and friends and cliques.
>
> I don't want to make enemies or friends yet, I just want to have some
> interaction about food and cooking
> with people who also find cooking pleasurable and interesting and who
> are foodies like me.
>
> So, Hi. I'm hoping this board will become a favorite and a place
> where I can have conversations with
> like minded foodies.
>
> -Mags

Its OK here, but not as good as UK Food + drink. That's where the real pros
hang out. If you want to learn, go there

Sky 17-01-2010 12:04 AM

ImStillMags wrote:

> I've been reading a bit and trying to find out how the people who post
> here regularly act with each other and what the main dynamic of the
> board is. I'm still trying to figure it out.
>
> As with other boards, there are antagonists and friends and cliques.
>
> I don't want to make enemies or friends yet, I just want to have some
> interaction about food and cooking
> with people who also find cooking pleasurable and interesting and who
> are foodies like me.
>
> So, Hi. I'm hoping this board will become a favorite and a place
> where I can have conversations with
> like minded foodies.
>
> -Mags

Greetings Mags ;) Jump in and please share any recipe or experiences
about food, cooking and dining you think are interesting. The
collective knowlege of the group is vast and extensive. Folks here
usually have very helpful suggestions and advice (most of the time).

Sky, who hopes Mags has asbestos attire readily handy <vbg>!

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!

Terry Pulliam Burd[_4_] 17-01-2010 01:25 AM

Hey, I'm new to this board and don't know the board dynamics and politics

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 14:52:09 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>Welcome to the fray. I haven't received your membership application and
>entry fee yet and I believe the bylaws state that you're not allowed to
>post until the Cabal (TINC) has approved your request for membership.

Wait a sec! I thought we voted at the last Cabal (TINC) meeting that
the Trollops got to vote on this, too! I'll take my bribe, erm,
membership application fee in US cash, please.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

---

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,
and if the turkey had had a breast like the maid,
it would have been a swell dinner." Duncan Hines

Sky 17-01-2010 03:02 AM

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 10:16:34 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags wrote:
>
> > As with other boards, there are antagonists and friends and cliques.

> There are only the infidels and the Cabal. Anything else is just
> your imagination.
>
> -sw

(GIGGLE) and take notice if you happen to hear the "Twilight Zone" theme
tune, too <G>

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!

heyjoe 17-01-2010 04:34 AM

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 17:12:26 -0800, Christine Dabney wrote:

> One thing everyone is seeming to forget is that we are NOT part of
> FoodBanter, even though FoodBanter picks up this newsgroup. RFC
> (rec.food.cooking) is a totally different thing than FoodBanter. And
> you can get here directly, without going through FoodBanter.

Continuing in that vein - this IS usenet, not googlegroups. You'll have
more street cred if you get a real news reader and a real usenet server for
participating in rec.food.cooking. There are a lot of folk that
automatically block any and all posts from googlegroups because it is an
unending source of spam. If none of this makes sense, ask for a bit of
help and guidance - the natives are friendly.

--
"I jotted down three names: Julia Child, Mr. Wizard and Monty Python"
A. Brown

projectile vomit chick[_3_] 17-01-2010 08:38 AM

On Jan 16, 6:25*pm, Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 14:52:09 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
>
> > wrote:
> >Welcome to the fray. *I haven't received your membership application and
> >entry fee yet and I believe the bylaws state that you're not allowed to
> >post until the Cabal (TINC) has approved your request for membership.

> Wait a sec! I thought we voted at the last Cabal (TINC) meeting that
> the Trollops got to vote on this, too! I'll take my bribe, erm,
> membership application fee in US cash, please.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

Do you keep these dumbass replies in a file on yer computer to post at
such opportune times? It's the same ****ing thing, every time.

Flame on!

ViLco 17-01-2010 08:54 AM

projectile vomit chick wrote:

> Flame on!

Thanks, I couldn't find my lighter and I can't stand having a coffee
without a cigarette soon after it
--
Vilco
Don't think pink: drink rosé

sf[_9_] 17-01-2010 10:24 AM

Hey, I'm new to this board and don't know the board dynamics and politics

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 23:38:40 -0800 (PST), projectile vomit chick
> wrote:

>On Jan 16, 6:25*pm, Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote:
>> On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 14:52:09 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
>>
>> > wrote:
>> >Welcome to the fray. *I haven't received your membership application and
>> >entry fee yet and I believe the bylaws state that you're not allowed to
>> >post until the Cabal (TINC) has approved your request for membership.

>> Wait a sec! I thought we voted at the last Cabal (TINC) meeting that
>> the Trollops got to vote on this, too! I'll take my bribe, erm,
>> membership application fee in US cash, please.
>>
>> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

>Do you keep these dumbass replies in a file on yer computer to post at
>such opportune times? It's the same ****ing thing, every time.
>
>Flame on!

You need to find a new group. You're less than nothing.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Ophelia[_7_] 17-01-2010 02:33 PM

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 10:16:34 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags wrote:
>
>> As with other boards, there are antagonists and friends and cliques.

> There are only the infidels and the Cabal. Anything else is just
> your imagination.

Now, now, Steve... you know TINC:)

and anyway, I am still a member:)

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Melba's Jammin' 17-01-2010 07:54 PM

Hey, I'm new to this board and don't know the board dynamics and politics

In article >,
heyjoe > wrote:

> unending source of spam. If none of this makes sense, ask for a bit of
> help and guidance - the natives are friendly.

Start here, the Usenet section:
http://blinkynet.net/comp/ndx_internet.html

Rec.food.cooking is for----food, specifically cooking.

Ophelia[_7_] 17-01-2010 08:02 PM

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> heyjoe > wrote:
>
>> unending source of spam. If none of this makes sense, ask for a bit of
>> help and guidance - the natives are friendly.

> Start here, the Usenet section:
> http://blinkynet.net/comp/ndx_internet.html
>
> Rec.food.cooking is for----food, specifically cooking.

Awwwwwww our Blinky! I still miss him.
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

blake murphy[_2_] 17-01-2010 09:09 PM

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 16:25:50 -0800, Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 14:52:09 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
>>Welcome to the fray. I haven't received your membership application and
>>entry fee yet and I believe the bylaws state that you're not allowed to
>>post until the Cabal (TINC) has approved your request for membership.

> Wait a sec! I thought we voted at the last Cabal (TINC) meeting that
> the Trollops got to vote on this, too! I'll take my bribe, erm,
> membership application fee in US cash, please.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

yeah, you two can sit and smirk, but the anti-cabal (TINC) cabal is gaining
strength and infiltrating you as we speak. be afraid, be very afraid!

your pal,
(name withheld by request)

blake murphy[_2_] 17-01-2010 09:12 PM

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 17:12:49 -0600, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 10:16:34 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags wrote:
>
>> As with other boards, there are antagonists and friends and cliques.

> There are only the infidels and the Cabal. Anything else is just
> your imagination.
>
> -sw

i have it on good authority that there are infidels *within* the cabal.
however, i'm not at liberty to disclose my sources.

your pal,
blake

blake murphy[_2_] 17-01-2010 09:15 PM

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 13:33:13 -0000, Ophelia wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 10:16:34 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags wrote:
>>
>>> As with other boards, there are antagonists and friends and cliques.

>> There are only the infidels and the Cabal. Anything else is just
>> your imagination.
>>

> Now, now, Steve... you know TINC:)
>
> and anyway, I am still a member:)
>
> --

i wouldn't join any non-existent cabal that would have me as a member.

your pal,
julius

ImStillMags 17-01-2010 09:22 PM

On Jan 17, 12:15*pm, blake murphy > wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 13:33:13 -0000, Ophelia wrote:

> >> There are only the infidels and the Cabal. *Anything else is just
> >> your imagination.

> > Now, now, Steve... you know TINC:)

> > and anyway, I am still a member:)

> > --

> i wouldn't join any non-existent cabal that would have me as a member.
>
> your pal,
> julius

LOL....you guys are, at least, fun to read and at most a very
interesting collection of cooks.

Ophelia[_7_] 17-01-2010 09:35 PM

Hey, I'm new to this board and don't know the board dynamics and politics

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
.. .
> On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 16:25:50 -0800, Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 14:52:09 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Welcome to the fray. I haven't received your membership application and
>>>entry fee yet and I believe the bylaws state that you're not allowed to
>>>post until the Cabal (TINC) has approved your request for membership.

>> Wait a sec! I thought we voted at the last Cabal (TINC) meeting that
>> the Trollops got to vote on this, too! I'll take my bribe, erm,
>> membership application fee in US cash, please.
>>
>> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

> yeah, you two can sit and smirk, but the anti-cabal (TINC) cabal is
> gaining
> strength and infiltrating you as we speak. be afraid, be very afraid!

lol

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Ophelia[_7_] 17-01-2010 09:36 PM

Hey, I'm new to this board and don't know the board dynamics and politics

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 13:33:13 -0000, Ophelia wrote:

>>> There are only the infidels and the Cabal. Anything else is just
>>> your imagination.
>>>

>> Now, now, Steve... you know TINC:)
>>
>> and anyway, I am still a member:)
>>
>> --

> i wouldn't join any non-existent cabal that would have me as a member.

Man... it just suck to be you, toots :)))

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

koko 17-01-2010 09:40 PM

Hey, I'm new to this board and don't know the board dynamics and politics

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:12:37 -0500, blake murphy
> wrote:

>On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 17:12:49 -0600, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 10:16:34 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags wrote:
>>
>>> As with other boards, there are antagonists and friends and cliques.

>> There are only the infidels and the Cabal. Anything else is just
>> your imagination.
>>
>> -sw

>i have it on good authority that there are infidels *within* the cabal.
>however, i'm not at liberty to disclose my sources.
>
>your pal,
>blake

How many times do we have to tell you, TINC you infidel ;-)
We will douse you with cans of cream of mushroom soup and stuff spam
up your nostrils until you disclose all you know.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 01/16/10

Mark Thorson 17-01-2010 09:49 PM

koko wrote:

> We will douse you with cans of cream of mushroom soup and stuff spam
> up your nostrils until you disclose all you know.

And it will be Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup,
the very worst kind.

Ophelia[_7_] 17-01-2010 10:16 PM

"koko" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:12:37 -0500, blake murphy
> > wrote:

>>> There are only the infidels and the Cabal. Anything else is just
>>> your imagination.
>>>
>>> -sw

>>i have it on good authority that there are infidels *within* the cabal.
>>however, i'm not at liberty to disclose my sources.
>>
>>your pal,
>>blake

> How many times do we have to tell you, TINC you infidel ;-)
> We will douse you with cans of cream of mushroom soup and stuff spam
> up your nostrils until you disclose all you know.

yayyyyyyyyyyyyy now that is way cool:))

--
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Felice 18-01-2010 02:56 AM

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 12:22:09 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags wrote:
>
>> LOL....you guys are, at least, fun to read and at most a very
>> interesting collection of cooks.

> You mis-spelled kooks.
>
> -sw

Guffaw. Small, but still a guffaw.

Felice

Melba's Jammin' 18-01-2010 05:06 AM

ImStillMags > wrote:

> On Jan 17, 12:15*pm, blake murphy > wrote:

> > i wouldn't join any non-existent cabal that would have me as a member.
> >
> > your pal,
> > julius

> LOL....you guys are, at least, fun to read and at most a very
> interesting collection of cooks.

Yes, well, we still haven't received your application nor your
registration fee. It's a good thing you can't post until you get those
documents submitted.

Melba's Jammin' 18-01-2010 05:07 AM

blake murphy > wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 13:33:13 -0000, Ophelia wrote:

> > Now, now, Steve... you know TINC:)
> >
> > and anyway, I am still a member:)
> >
> > --

> i wouldn't join any non-existent cabal that would have me as a member.
>
> your pal,
> julius

Can you wiggle your cigar?

projectile vomit chick[_3_] 18-01-2010 02:34 PM

On Jan 17, 3:24*am, sf > wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 23:38:40 -0800 (PST), projectile vomit chick
>

> > wrote:
> >On Jan 16, 6:25*pm, Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote:
> >> On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 14:52:09 -0600, Melba's Jammin'

> >> Wait a sec! I thought we voted at the last Cabal (TINC) meeting that
> >> the Trollops got to vote on this, too! I'll take my bribe, erm,
> >> membership application fee in US cash, please.

> >> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

> >Do you keep these dumbass replies in a file on yer computer to post at
> >such opportune times? *It's the same ****ing thing, every time.

> >Flame on!

> You need to find a new group. *You're less than nothing.

Whoopideedoo. Unlike you, I don't base my whole existence around
Usenet. LOL

Michel Boucher[_3_] 18-01-2010 03:39 PM

Hey, I'm new to this board and don't know the board dynamics and politics

Melba's Jammin' > wrote in news:barbschaller-
:

> In article
> >,
> ImStillMags > wrote:
>
>> So, Hi. I'm hoping this board will become a favorite and a place
>> where I can have conversations with like minded foodies.

> Don't hold your breath, but if you want to be regarded as an
> improvement to the group, don't start any off-topic threads and try not
> to get hooked into them. That can be difficult, I know.

And don't let anyone tell you there are rules. This is an unmoderated
newsgroup, possibly one of the oldest, and as such these suggestions
above are nothing more than that and have no more force than that.

That being said, you CAN paticipate in off-topic conversations if such is
your desire. The only thing that a poster who disagrees with you can do
is killfile you, which means they won't see your posts.

But nonetheless, here are a few broad guidelines:

1. You will most likely do better if you refrain from using foul
language, although sometimes foul language is acceptable. Know the
difference.

2. If you don't like the topic, don't open the post. That is in effect
the only rule and you are entirely responsible for whatever happens after
that. No one will have any pity for you if you whine afterwards about
what you read.

3. It's usually a faux pas of sorts to feed the trolls unless you are
counting coup :-) Trolls, contrary to some opinions, are not people you
(or others) merely disagree with, they are people who post disruptive
messages so they can say they "made you look". Around here, a common
troll would be a reference to cooking human flesh or some such thing. On
a .physics group, it could be posting chemistry formulas and posting pro-
Nazi comments on a .jewish group. A troll with self-respect will make
sure his post is geared to the particular newsgroup. Nothing is more
embarassing than a troll who targets a group with a message that is
intended for another.

People here will try to mould you into a perfect little rfc'er. Don't
let them. Be bold, be interesting, get into it, even if it's politics or
religion or woodworking. Feel free to provide supporting comments on any
topic of your choice. Threads degenerate anyway. The more interesting
discussions are usually not about cooking but about attitudes.

Oh, and there are long-standing acrimonious debates and enmities here. I
suggest you let those play out before you step in the middle saying:
Can't we all just get along?? Because the simple answer is no, we can't,
this is why the gods invented killfiles. Learn to use them.

4. Don't take anything personally. You're here to have fun and if you're
not having fun then you need to reassess your approach.

5. Try to edit your replies (as I have done) and to avoid top posting.
Some people here killfile top posters.

Go forth, grasshopper...

--

I have nothing against God.
It's his fan club I can't stand.

spotted on a poster

blake murphy[_2_] 18-01-2010 05:23 PM

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 12:40:27 -0800, koko wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:12:37 -0500, blake murphy
> > wrote:

>>> There are only the infidels and the Cabal. Anything else is just
>>> your imagination.
>>>
>>> -sw

>>i have it on good authority that there are infidels *within* the cabal.
>>however, i'm not at liberty to disclose my sources.
>>
>>your pal,
>>blake

> How many times do we have to tell you, TINC you infidel ;-)
> We will douse you with cans of cream of mushroom soup and stuff spam
> up your nostrils until you disclose all you know.
>
> koko

can't you just waterboard me like everyone else?

your pal,
blake

blake murphy[_2_] 18-01-2010 05:24 PM

Hey, I'm new to this board and don't know the board dynamics and politics

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 12:22:09 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags wrote:

> On Jan 17, 12:15*pm, blake murphy > wrote:

>>> Now, now, Steve... you know TINC:)

>>> and anyway, I am still a member:)

>>> --

>> i wouldn't join any non-existent cabal that would have me as a member.
>>
>> your pal,
>> julius

> LOL....you guys are, at least, fun to read and at most a very
> interesting collection of cooks.

stick around, we'll be here all week. try the veal.

your pal,
blake

blake murphy[_2_] 18-01-2010 05:26 PM

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 22:06:51 -0600, Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article
> >,
> ImStillMags > wrote:
>
>> On Jan 17, 12:15*pm, blake murphy > wrote:

>>> i wouldn't join any non-existent cabal that would have me as a member.
>>>
>>> your pal,
>>> julius

>> LOL....you guys are, at least, fun to read and at most a very
>> interesting collection of cooks.

> Yes, well, we still haven't received your application nor your
> registration fee. It's a good thing you can't post until you get those
> documents submitted.

it looks like your fascist pig-state is crumbling. power to the people!

your pal,
blake

blake murphy[_2_] 18-01-2010 05:27 PM

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 20:36:47 -0000, Ophelia wrote:

> "blake murphy" > wrote in message

>>> Now, now, Steve... you know TINC:)
>>>
>>> and anyway, I am still a member:)
>>>
>>> --

>> i wouldn't join any non-existent cabal that would have me as a member.

> Man... it just suck to be you, toots :)))
>
> --

good thing i don't know any better.

your pal,
blake

blake murphy[_2_] 18-01-2010 05:29 PM

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 22:07:38 -0600, Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article >,
> blake murphy > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 13:33:13 -0000, Ophelia wrote:

>>> Now, now, Steve... you know TINC:)
>>>
>>> and anyway, I am still a member:)
>>>
>>> --

>> i wouldn't join any non-existent cabal that would have me as a member.
>>
>> your pal,
>> julius

> Can you wiggle your cigar?

not as well as my eyebrows.

your pal,
julius

blake murphy[_2_] 18-01-2010 05:36 PM

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 08:39:23 -0600, Michel Boucher wrote:

> [...]

> intended for another.
>
> People here will try to mould you into a perfect little rfc'er. Don't
> let them. Be bold, be interesting, get into it, even if it's politics or
> religion or woodworking. Feel free to provide supporting comments on any
> topic of your choice. Threads degenerate anyway. The more interesting
> discussions are usually not about cooking but about attitudes.
>
> Oh, and there are long-standing acrimonious debates and enmities here. I
> suggest you let those play out before you step in the middle saying:
> Can't we all just get along?? Because the simple answer is no, we can't,
> this is why the gods invented killfiles. Learn to use them.
>
> 4. Don't take anything personally. You're here to have fun and if you're
> not having fun then you need to reassess your approach.
>
> 5. Try to edit your replies (as I have done) and to avoid top posting.

this is a pretty good set of advice. my hat's off to you, michel.

your pal,
blake

Michel Boucher[_3_] 18-01-2010 06:15 PM

Hey, I'm new to this board and don't know the board dynamics and politics

blake murphy > wrote in news:c0dk76ajpeos
:

> power to the people!

Proletarii vseh stran, soedinyaïtes'!

--