Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default Hey, I'm new to this board and don't know the board dynamics andpolitics

On Jan 19, 2:10*pm, Nancy2 > wrote:
> > So, Hi. * *I'm hoping this board will become a favorite and a place
> > where I can have conversations with
> > like minded foodies.

> > -Mags

> It isn't a board, it's a Usenet newsgroup. *Other than that, it's what
> you see.
>
> N.

I access this 'group' through Google message boards.....it looks like
every other Google board to me ;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 15:41:12 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Jan 19, 2:10*pm, Nancy2 > wrote:
>> > So, Hi. * *I'm hoping this board will become a favorite and a place
>> > where I can have conversations with
>> > like minded foodies.

>> > -Mags

>> It isn't a board, it's a Usenet newsgroup. *Other than that, it's what
>> you see.
>>
>> N.

>I access this 'group' through Google message boards.....it looks like
>every other Google board to me ;-)

RFC isn't a google group and was around long before google was even
dreamed up. Google only logs it and allows you to post to it. Get a
real reader and server and you'll see the difference. If I had to use
google I'd be gone in a flash.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Jan 19, 3:47*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 15:41:12 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
>
> > wrote:

> >> It isn't a board, it's a Usenet newsgroup. *Other than that, it's what
> >> you see.

> >> N.

> >I access this 'group' through Google message boards.....it looks like
> >every other Google board to me *;-)

> RFC isn't a google group and was around long before google was even
> dreamed up. *Google only logs it and allows you to post to it. *Get a
> real reader and server and you'll see the difference. *If I had to use
> google I'd be gone in a flash.
>
> Lou

To each his own, Lou. I don't mind the format.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

WTF > wrote in
:

>>And here you see the best example so far of homo incommodo, an extinct
>>branch of the unfortunately longer lasting homo escator domini, who
>>until recently inhabited the plains of usenet boredom.

> Why do you always have to be so negative?

I'm having fun. Are you not having fun? If you're not having fun, you
should either unclench the buttcheeks and get with the program or do
something other than whinging.

> Is it genetic, or is it
> that you're nothing but a whinny bitch?

Or I don't give a flying fork :-)

--

I have nothing against God.
It's his fan club I can't stand.

spotted on a poster

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Who's-been-posting-here-longer-than-who? (was:Hey, I'm new to this...)

ChattyCathy > wrote in news:QWm5n.849$PI7.72
@newsfe17.iad:

> Christine Dabney wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 01:50:46 -0800, sf > wrote:
>>
>>> And I don't remember Miche as
>>>an old timer or even close to one. She only became apparent in the
>>>"miche" persona a *very* few years ago to me.

>> Both Miche and Tammy were posting before I got here. And I joined mid
>> year in 1994. And both Miche and Tammy will/can confirm that they
>> joined in 1994...and they have done so in the past. I remember them
>> vividly..as I do several other illustrious posters.

> I made my first post to this group in May 2005... IIRC, it had something
> to do with cooking lamb. Does that score me any (orgasmic) brownie
> points? Just curious.

We going to have a 5th anniversary party for you in May???

Just don't serve damn lamb!!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Killfile all Google Groups posters.........

http://improve-usenet.org/

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ImStillMags wrote:
> I've been reading a bit and trying to find out how the people who post
> here regularly act with each other and what the main dynamic of the
> board is. I'm still trying to figure it out.
>
> As with other boards, there are antagonists and friends and cliques.
>
> I don't want to make enemies or friends yet, I just want to have some
> interaction about food and cooking
> with people who also find cooking pleasurable and interesting and who
> are foodies like me.
>
> So, Hi. I'm hoping this board will become a favorite and a place
> where I can have conversations with
> like minded foodies.
>
> -Mags

Sorry to chime in so late. I've been busy. Welcome. :-)

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 15:57:32 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags wrote:

> On Jan 19, 3:47*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
>> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 15:41:12 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
>>
>> > wrote:

>>>I access this 'group' through Google message boards.....it looks like
>>>every other Google board to me *;-)

>> RFC isn't a google group and was around long before google was even
>> dreamed up. *Google only logs it and allows you to post to it. *Get a
>> real reader and server and you'll see the difference. *If I had to use
>> google I'd be gone in a flash.
>>
>> Lou

> To each his own, Lou. I don't mind the format.

Many people automatically kill/delete all posts from Google Groups because
they are an unending source of spam. Please read and understand the
following web page, <http://improve-usenet.org/>, for some insight into why
you're not reaching as many folks in rec.food.cooking as you could, if you
were a responsible netizen and stopped using Google Groups.

--
"I jotted down three names: Julia Child, Mr. Wizard and Monty Python"
A. Brown
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, blake murphy > wrote:
[snip]
>i just don't like top posting because my first reaction is 'what were we
>talking about again?'

Yes, that's a problem when you get old. ;-)

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 18:28:58 -0600, heyjoe >
wrote:

>for some insight into why
>you're not reaching as many folks in rec.food.cooking as you could

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing either. I'd call it a reverse
kill file, a gift from Google.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

>>> Who did you post as back then?

>> I answered that question from you when you asked two weeks ago. Why
>> should I bother telling you again, when you just disregard the answer and
>> keep asking the question?
>>

> Oh, so I'm supposed to tattoo it on my arm? <shrug> Some people
> think they're at the center of the universe.

Then GIYF.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:53:50 -0800, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>>> I answered that question from you when you asked two weeks ago. Why
>>> should I bother telling you again, when you just disregard the answer and
>>> keep asking the question?
>>>

>> Oh, so I'm supposed to tattoo it on my arm? <shrug> Some people
>> think they're at the center of the universe.

>Then GIYF.

Last time I looked, it wasn't.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Peter was still stupid, and couldn't get his story straight!

Peter was still stupid and couldn't get his story (or his sexual
orientation) straight:

> You spent the time on a nice safe ship, right *away* from any danger.

I'm thinking I've experienced just about ten years of combat ops more than
you, washout.

> Many, *many* people on here have called you out on your 'supposed' menus.

Name six of them.

> And all you do is bluster, bullshit, and attack.
>
> ergo, you are a fraud.

Nope. Several people here have seen me cook and been delighted with the
results. Can you say the same? No, I don't think you can -- both because you
have no friends and because you're a shitty cook.

> photobucket.com
>
> Open up an account and put all your 'pictures' up there.
>
> It doesn't cost you anything, as i know that's very important for you.

Tinypic works just fine. You have to be smart enough to click on the link,
though I guess that level of intelligence is just outside your reach.

>> though I don't feel the obsessive need for approval that you seem to
>> feel.

> It's a food group, I post urls to pictures of food that *I* have made.
>
> And you dissaprove???
>
> Jealousy???? MUCH!!!!!

Jealous of pictures you post? Why would I be jealous of that? I'm just
saying that your obsessive posting of pictures is indicative of a desperate
need to be noticed and approved. Did your mother neglect you? Is that why
you get so frenetic in your attention-seeking efforts?

>> I shut up? No, I admitted that I was wrong:

> I don't see an admission of your stupidity there....... all i see is a
> 'Message ID'.

You don't know how to retrieve a message using a Message ID? HAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Maybe you can ask a twelve-year-old to help you with that, shit-for-brains.

>> Ahhh... now we get to the heart of the matter! You feel threatened by me!

> Errrrrrrrrr, not at all, ***-boi.

"Methinks the lady doth protest too much." It's plain to see that even
through the filter of this text-based medium, my masculinity confuses and
arouses you, and so you hysterically deny the attraction you manifestly
feel. Poor, poor, Peter: Stupid, ***, feckless, weak, clumsy, and saddled
with debilitating insecurity. NO WONDER you couldn't stay in the military!

BTW, I knew there was no way you really had me killfiled. You envy my
cooking skills, and hope to learn from me. It's really too bad; if you
weren't so stupid you might have a fighting chance of learning how to cook
something other than frozen commercially-prepared meals. Ruth deserves
better, doesn't she?

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 19, 9:28*pm, "Bob Terwilliger" >
wrote:
> Peter was still stupid and couldn't get his story (or his sexual
> orientation) straight:

You dear folks spend WAY too much time with vulgarities, sexual
orientation concerns and just down right petty blather.

Wish you all the best on the new job.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Billy wrote:

>> Peter was still stupid and couldn't get his story (or his sexual
>> orientation) straight:

> You dear folks spend WAY too much time with vulgarities, sexual
> orientation concerns and just down right petty blather.

That's why I changed the subject line, so readers could choose to skip the
thread. You obviously wanted to read it: What does that say about you?

> Wish you all the best on the new job.

No, no, no... When Peter said he was giving a blow job, he wasn't talking
about any kind of employment. He does that gratis, saying that the facial is
its own reward.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> Peter was still stupid and couldn't get his story (or his sexual
> orientation) straight:
>
>> You spent the time on a nice safe ship, right *away* from any danger.

> I'm thinking I've experienced just about ten years of combat ops more
> than you, washout.
>

>> Many, *many* people on here have called you out on your 'supposed'
>> menus.

> Name six of them.
>

>> And all you do is bluster, bullshit, and attack.
>>
>> ergo, you are a fraud.

> Nope. Several people here have seen me cook and been delighted with
> the results. Can you say the same? No, I don't think you can -- both
> because you have no friends and because you're a shitty cook.
>

>> photobucket.com
>>
>> Open up an account and put all your 'pictures' up there.
>>
>> It doesn't cost you anything, as i know that's very important for
>> you.

> Tinypic works just fine. You have to be smart enough to click on the
> link, though I guess that level of intelligence is just outside your
> reach.
>

>>> though I don't feel the obsessive need for approval that you seem to
>>> feel.

>> It's a food group, I post urls to pictures of food that *I* have
>> made.
>>
>> And you dissaprove???
>>
>> Jealousy???? MUCH!!!!!

> Jealous of pictures you post? Why would I be jealous of that? I'm just
> saying that your obsessive posting of pictures is indicative of a
> desperate need to be noticed and approved. Did your mother neglect
> you? Is that why you get so frenetic in your attention-seeking
> efforts?

Remember, Bob, when some wag "spilled the beans" on PeterBreath's food
"pictures" - that they were actually lifted from _Australian Woman_
magazine...!!!???

Lol...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

heyjoe wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 15:57:32 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags wrote:
>
>> On Jan 19, 3:47 pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
>>> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 15:41:12 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags

>>> RFC isn't a google group and was around long before google was even
>>> dreamed up. Google only logs it and allows you to post to it. Get a
>>> real reader and server and you'll see the difference. If I had to
>>> use google I'd be gone in a flash.
>>>
>>> Lou

>> To each his own, Lou. I don't mind the format.

> Many people automatically kill/delete all posts from Google Groups
> because they are an unending source of spam. Please read and
> understand the following web page, <http://improve-usenet.org/>, for
> some insight into why you're not reaching as many folks in
> rec.food.cooking as you could, if you were a responsible netizen and
> stopped using Google Groups.

It's hilarious that the Google Groups interface now has a "Report this post
as spam" utility - in spite of the fact that a huge amount of spam emanates
from GG daily...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
said...
:
:Peter was still stupid, and couldn't get his story straight:
:
:>> I found your posts from 1996 when you weren't able to.
:>
:> And yet you couldn't find mine from 92-93??
:
:Not until you provided the link, no. Congratulations, you win the "obscure
iece of shit" award for the week! How much of it will you eat right now,
:and how much will you save for later?
:
:
:> Vietnam vet....... yeah sure, I have no doubt that you probably may have
:> been there.
:>
:> But 10-1 you were a REMF.
:
:What? I never claimed to be a Vietnam vet. I was only 16 years old when the
:last helicopter left Saigon. You must have me confused with someone else who
:makes you feel all gooey inside. I am a Praying Mantis vet, an Urgent Fury
:vet, a Peace for Galilee vet, a Desert Shield vet, and a Desert Storm vet,
:though.
:
:
:> Quite apart from the fact that you post bogus "menus" all the time.
:
:Your envy is showing again! LOL
:
:You only *think* the menus are bogus because they are beyond the ability of
:a dull-witted clumsy hominid like you. In many cases I've posted pictures,
:though I don't feel the obsessive need for approval that you seem to feel.
:
:
:> You've been proven once to be a complete and utter ****ing liar (by me) as
:> far as telling people when they started posting and when they didn't.
:> (Funny that, as soon as I hit you with the proof, you shut the **** up and
:> have avoided the subject ever since!!
:
:I shut up? No, I admitted that I was wrong:
:
:What more do you think needs to be said? That you are even more worthless a
:****tard now than you were then?
:
:
:> You arrogant little ****ing twerp.
:
:Ahhh... now we get to the heart of the matter! You feel threatened by me!
:Has your breadwinner been expressing discontent with you again, and casting
:her eye toward the 90% of men who are *better* than you? Back in my Navy
:days, Australian women threw themselves at American sailors left and right,
:because they knew they'd be SATISFIED. It's entirely possible that I ****ed
:her bow-legged when my ship visited Australia in the mid-nineties, and ever
:since that time, you have failed to measure up -- if you know what I mean!

LOL!
Right to the heart of the matter indeed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George Shirley" > wrote in message
> Ophelia wrote:

>>> I made my first post to this group in May 2005... IIRC, it had something
>>> to do with cooking lamb. Does that score me any (orgasmic) brownie
>>> points? Just curious.

>> *Gasp* *Shock* *Horror* you mean you are not willie waving?????
>>
>> heh me neither)
>>

> I would be terribly shocked if either of you was waving your own willie.
> Don't forget I used to work with a lot of Brits, I seem to remember all
> that vulgar slang they used. <G>

lol

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

heyjoe wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 15:57:32 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags wrote:
>
>> On Jan 19, 3:47 pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
>>> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 15:41:12 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags

>>> RFC isn't a google group and was around long before google was even
>>> dreamed up. Google only logs it and allows you to post to it. Get a
>>> real reader and server and you'll see the difference. If I had to
>>> use google I'd be gone in a flash.
>>>
>>> Lou

>> To each his own, Lou. I don't mind the format.

> Many people automatically kill/delete all posts from Google Groups
> because they are an unending source of spam. Please read and
> understand the following web page, <http://improve-usenet.org/>, for
> some insight into why you're not reaching as many folks in
> rec.food.cooking as you could, if you were a responsible netizen and
> stopped using Google Groups.

It is also true that one can put a line in the beginning of posts that
prevents Google from stealing your post....I can't remember what it
is...something about "no archive." If anyone else knows and can post it, I'd
appreciate it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 20:34:19 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:

> Christine Dabney wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 01:50:46 -0800, sf > wrote:
>>
>>> And I don't remember Miche as
>>>an old timer or even close to one. She only became apparent in the
>>>"miche" persona a *very* few years ago to me.

>> Both Miche and Tammy were posting before I got here. And I joined mid
>> year in 1994. And both Miche and Tammy will/can confirm that they
>> joined in 1994...and they have done so in the past. I remember them
>> vividly..as I do several other illustrious posters.

> I made my first post to this group in May 2005... IIRC, it had something
> to do with cooking lamb. Does that score me any (orgasmic) brownie
> points? Just curious.

you're still the queen bee to me, c.c.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ImStillMags wrote:
> I'll make like a duck........it rolls right off. Thanks.

That will help if you mention any of these:

Crisco shortening
Margarine
Miracle Whip
Top Ramen
Velveeta Cheese
Canned Parmesan Cheese
Dream Whip
Boxed cake mix
Cool Whip
Chili recipes that include beans (that one is mine, sorry :-( )

Welcome to the group!

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:01:23 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:

> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> "ChattyCathy" > wrote in message

>>> I made my first post to this group in May 2005... IIRC, it had
>>> something to do with cooking lamb. Does that score me any (orgasmic)
>>> brownie points? Just curious.

>> *Gasp* *Shock* *Horror* you mean you are not willie waving?????
>>
>> heh me neither)
>>

> No willie, no waving ;-)

i tell my male friends, never get into a dick-measuring contest with a
woman. inexplicably, you always lose.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:27:28 -0800, sf wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 18:28:58 -0600, heyjoe >
> wrote:
>
>>for some insight into why
>>you're not reaching as many folks in rec.food.cooking as you could

> Which isn't necessarily a bad thing either. I'd call it a reverse
> kill file, a gift from Google.

Ahh, so whenever the old stuck-in-the-mud RFC'ers are hassling me about new
thoughts, ideas and modus-operandi, I should post through Google Groups so
they won't see my rabble rousing? <eg>

--
"I jotted down three names: Julia Child, Mr. Wizard and Monty Python"
A. Brown
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 20:34:19 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:
>
>> Christine Dabney wrote:

>>> Both Miche and Tammy were posting before I got here. And I joined
>>> mid
>>> year in 1994. And both Miche and Tammy will/can confirm that they
>>> joined in 1994...and they have done so in the past. I remember
>>> them vividly..as I do several other illustrious posters.

>> I made my first post to this group in May 2005... IIRC, it had
>> something to do with cooking lamb. Does that score me any (orgasmic)
>> brownie points? Just curious.

> you're still the queen bee to me, c.c.

Thanks blake. You're not so bad yerself... <grin>
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca wrote:

> ImStillMags wrote:
>> I'll make like a duck........it rolls right off. Thanks.
>>

> That will help if you mention any of these:
>
> Crisco shortening
> Margarine
> Miracle Whip
> Top Ramen
> Velveeta Cheese
> Canned Parmesan Cheese
> Dream Whip
> Boxed cake mix
> Cool Whip
> Chili recipes that include beans (that one is mine, sorry :-( )
>
> Welcome to the group!

You forgot cilantro and peeling boiled eggs...
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Ophelia" > wrote:

> "George Shirley" > wrote in message

> >> *Gasp* *Shock* *Horror* you mean you are not willie waving?????
> >>
> >> heh me neither)
> >>

> > I would be terribly shocked if either of you was waving your own willie.
> > Don't forget I used to work with a lot of Brits, I seem to remember all
> > that vulgar slang they used. <G>

One of my first posts here was asking what a bundt pan was (I didn't
know -- it's not really a terminology used here), and I was answered by
BKeith Ryder.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

> > -Mags

> Sorry to chime in so late. *I've been busy. *Welcome. *:-)
>
> --
> Jean B.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Jean, I think I'm understanding the lay of the land here ;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Jan 20, 8:20*am, Becca > wrote:
> ImStillMags wrote:
> > I'll make like a duck........it rolls right off. *Thanks.

> That will help if you mention any of these:
>
> Crisco shortening
> Margarine
> Miracle Whip
> Top Ramen
> Velveeta Cheese
> Canned Parmesan Cheese
> Dream Whip
> Boxed cake mix
> Cool Whip
> Chili recipes that include beans (that one is mine, sorry :-( )
>
> Welcome to the group!
>
> Becca

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind ;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 20, 9:58*am, "Janet" > wrote:
> heyjoe wrote:

> >> To each his own, Lou. * I don't mind the format.

> > Many people automatically kill/delete all posts from Google Groups
> > because they are an unending source of spam. *Please read and
> > understand the following web page, <http://improve-usenet.org/>, for
> > some insight into why you're not reaching as many folks in
> > rec.food.cooking as you could, if you were a responsible netizen and
> > stopped using Google Groups.

> It is also true that one can put a line in the beginning of posts that
> prevents Google from stealing your post....I can't remember what it
> is...something about "no archive." If anyone else knows and can post it, I'd
> appreciate it.

They steal them and then sell them into slavery. "Don't be evil,"
indeed! Young, White, female posts should ALWAYS be x-no-archived,
since those bring the most cash on the black market.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ImStillMags wrote:
>>> -Mags

>> Sorry to chime in so late. I've been busy. Welcome. :-)
>>
>> --
>> Jean B.- Hide quoted text -

> Thanks Jean, I think I'm understanding the lay of the land here ;-)

I think you are doing fine. :-)

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 12:33:33 -0600, WTF wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 12:51:01 -0500, blake murphy
> > wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 19:44:22 -0800, Dan Abel wrote:

>>> Then perhaps you should consider killfiling them?
>>>
>>> Having to scroll down through 1000 lines to read a "me too" is just
>>> another reminder for a killfile entry.

>>that drives me nuts, too. but face it, some people just refuse to Act
>>Right, i.e., do it the way i do.
>>
>>your pal,
>>blake

> ......get your hand off my ass Blakipoo.

that's your ass? i thought it was a sack full of basketballs.

blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:42:29 -0800, sf wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 12:56:10 -0500, blake murphy
> > wrote:
>
>>i just don't like top posting because my first reaction is 'what were we
>>talking about again?' (especially when threads drift, as they almost
>>invariably do.)
>>
>>with a bottom post, you skim what went before and usually are oriented to
>>what's being said.

> I feel the exact opposite. I'll scroll down if I need a reminder and
> I don't want to rehash the topic before I get to a new response.
>>
>>in any case, people could edit better (including taking care with
>>attributions), but it's not a major source of irritation for me.

> It's a major problem for me. Obviously they have no idea who said
> what. If that's the case, then just cut out everything except what
> you're responding to.

well, all i can say is that you're swimming against the tide, here.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:48:49 -0600, heyjoe >
wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:27:28 -0800, sf wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 18:28:58 -0600, heyjoe >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>for some insight into why
>>>you're not reaching as many folks in rec.food.cooking as you could

>> Which isn't necessarily a bad thing either. I'd call it a reverse
>> kill file, a gift from Google.

>Ahh, so whenever the old stuck-in-the-mud RFC'ers are hassling me about new
>thoughts, ideas and modus-operandi, I should post through Google Groups so
>they won't see my rabble rousing? <eg>

That's the ticket!

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 11:40:34 -0600, heyjoe >
wrote:

>Not sure about the newer versions of Agent, but there used to be an option
>to set a couple of X-headers from iside Agent (one of the Group options),
>so you don't have to remember to add it in the first line.

I've used Agent from v1 and don't remember that button. Of course, I
used the free agent up to this version.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 06:33:35 +1300, Miche > wrote:

>In article >,
> "Ophelia" > wrote:

>> > I would be terribly shocked if either of you was waving your own willie.
>> > Don't forget I used to work with a lot of Brits, I seem to remember all
>> > that vulgar slang they used. <G>

>One of my first posts here was asking what a bundt pan was (I didn't
>know -- it's not really a terminology used here), and I was answered by
>BKeith Ryder.
>
>Miche

And moi, who explained how the Bundt pan is trademarked by
Nordicware. You were certainly here way back then... where have you
been?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundt_cake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 11:11:35 -0800, sf wrote:

> I've used Agent from v1 and don't remember that button. Of course, I
> used the free agent up to this version.

For your version of Agent
group > default properties > posting messages >
x Prevent usenet messages from being archived (X-No-Archive)
x Observe X-No-Archive requests from original message in fillowups

Haven't used anything newer than version 2, so am not sure if those options
are still avaialble or where they be hiding.