Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cool Ranch Croquettes, Was: What to serve with salmon patties?

On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 16:02:35 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 3:25:19 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>>
>> Your ahi patties are probably at least similar to salmon patties.
>> I've even made faux crab cakes (patties) using canned albacore
>> tuna. I've never tried substituting the fake "Krab" meat but
>> I'll bet ya that would work fine too. All are good eats.
>>
>> I'm also not bothered by the old posts. If it was discussed back
>> then, many of us weren't here then so it's new to us. Also, after
>> several years things might have changed. IMO, any post to RFC is
>> a good post to RFC. At least ppl are still interested in posting
>> here. :-D

>I can't comment on salmon patties since I've never had them nor are they served on this rock.

Of course they are, Blanket Statement Man.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 4:04:02 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:

> Humm! The 'fish' reminds me of the semi-dried then oiled and batter
> deepfried calimari? Close maybe? They are on rice with kimchee and
> what seems to be a radish or root salad and some sort of maybe puffed
> potato thing? Loos like soy at the center.

That stuff is some kind of white fish. It's really mild stuff and soft. Beats the heck out of me what kind it is. That green stuff is choy sum. The potato is boiled in shoyu and sugar. I have also seen potato baked and then dressed up with mayo. It's an Asian kind of side dish.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 3:25:19 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:

> Your ahi patties are probably at least similar to salmon patties.
> I've even made faux crab cakes (patties) using canned albacore
> tuna. I've never tried substituting the fake "Krab" meat but
> I'll bet ya that would work fine too. All are good eats.
>
> I'm also not bothered by the old posts. If it was discussed back
> then, many of us weren't here then so it's new to us. Also, after
> several years things might have changed. IMO, any post to RFC is
> a good post to RFC. At least ppl are still interested in posting
> here. :-D

I can't comment on salmon patties since I've never had them nor are they
served on this rock. I've been eating that fake crab stuff before they
thought of making it into fake crab. It's okay. The kids like it. It's made
from ground up fish.

https://fthmb.tqn.com/7fAe0_T1gmHJlO...eba4a7c074.jpg

==

Wow they are so pretty)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 4:04:02 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> >
> > Humm! The 'fish' reminds me of the semi-dried then oiled and batter
> > deepfried calimari? Close maybe? They are on rice with kimchee and
> > what seems to be a radish or root salad and some sort of maybe
> > puffed potato thing? Loos like soy at the center.

> That stuff is some kind of white fish. It's really mild stuff and
> soft. Beats the heck out of me what kind it is. That green stuff is
> choy sum. The potato is boiled in shoyu and sugar. I have also seen
> potato baked and then dressed up with mayo. It's an Asian kind of
> side dish.

As thin as it seems, could it be filleted butterfish? I don't know
another name for the but if you have aquarium fish, they are similar to
Angel fish but sizable and without all the frills. Exterior is silver
scaled. Just a thought? They are very mild and I recall them as 'miso
fish' in Hawaii.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What to serve with salmon patties?

🤣🤣

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 07:41:29 -0800 (PST), wrote:

>??

Just about anything.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/7/2019 11:38 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 07:41:29 -0800 (PST), wrote:
>
>> ??

> Just about anything.

Â* We like parsleyed potatoes (cubed , cooked , add butter and parsley
and salt) and glazed carrots .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Salmon patties KenK General Cooking 31 06-09-2010 05:49 PM
Salmon Patties 1/4/09 jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 16 26-07-2009 11:46 PM
Salmon Patties [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 27-03-2007 03:46 AM
Salmon Patties Sandy U. Recipes (moderated) 0 06-03-2007 01:22 PM
Salmon Patties [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 20-02-2007 02:26 AM