Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "Good Eats" show about Alton Brown's diet

This week on "Good Eats", Alton Brown talked about the diet he followed in
dropping 50 pounds over a nine-month period. You can Google to find remarks
about how he's now incessantly snacking on sardines and almonds, but here's
what the show had to say:

Every day, Alton has the following: fruits, whole grains, leafy greens,
nuts, carrots, and green tea.

Three times a week, Alton has: oily fish, yogurt, broccoli, sweet potato,
and avocado.

Only *one* time a week, Alton has: red meat, pasta, dessert, or alcohol.

So, a few comments:

1. The program didn't mention that Alton runs four miles a day these days.
That's a HUGE omission. If you run four miles a day, you can pretty much eat
whatever you want and not gain weight.

2. I wouldn't mind only having red meat, pasta, or dessert only once a week,
and I wouldn't really mind only having alcohol once a week, but doesn't that
fly in the face of all those studies which said that red wine EVERY DAY is
good for you?

3. I like a lot of variety. I don't think there are enough ways to cook
sweet potatoes for me to like them three times a week. At least with
broccoli, there are different variations, but sweet potatoes all taste
pretty much the same. Don't get me wrong, I like sweet potatoes just fine,
but three times a week seems like too much to me.

4. About the only way I'd be happy eating carrots every single day would be
as a kind of mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack. But I guess there are
people who eat potatoes every day without a second thought, so maybe I just
haven't given enough thought to all the different ways to consume carrots.

5. The program wasn't clear about whether the items listed on the "every
day" and "thrice weekly" lists were the *only* things eaten on those days,
and I thought the implication was that they were not. I thought the first
two lists were intended to be inclusive (as in, "include these in what you
eat that day") and the third list was intended to be prohibited (as in,
"only eat these on special days"), but that was not specifically stated.

6. Where do chicken, pork, eggs, beans, and non-oily fish or shellfish fit
in there?

Other than those, I think the diet looks okay, and it's obviously worked
wonders for him. Maybe it's time to buy whole grains (wheat berries, millet,
quinoa, steel-cut oats, brown rice, barley, and wild rice) and leafy greens
(collard greens, turnip greens, mustard greens, kale, spinach, cabbage,
Chinese broccoli, and lettuce. I bet radicchio fits in there, too, even
though it's not green.)

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger"

> Other than those, I think the diet looks okay, and it's obviously worked
> wonders for him. Maybe it's time to buy whole grains (wheat berries,
> millet, quinoa, steel-cut oats, brown rice, barley, and wild rice) and
> leafy greens (collard greens, turnip greens, mustard greens, kale,
> spinach, cabbage, Chinese broccoli, and lettuce. I bet radicchio fits in
> there, too, even though it's not green.)
>
> Bob

Losing fifty pounds is obviously a different deal from taking off the ten
you gained over the holidays. I'm sure he did eat as restrictively as that.
I probably couldn't.

All those things on your list are worth having in the kitchen and basing
one's daily diet on. (Some radicchio is green, too, just not the kind sold
widely in the US)

I find exercise is key, but if he were 50 pounds overweight, I bet he didn't
start out running 4 miles a day. Lots of people can't run at all for one
reason or another. The good news is according to an Italian govt survey, if
you add 2 hours of walking per week to an otherwise unchanged regimen, you
will lose 12 kilos in a year.

The one thing I do know is that there is never a better time than now to get
healthy and trim down. It gets harder and looks worse every year you age.
Two years after quitiing smoking I am tackling the weight gain. Ugh. Makes
me nuts that I didn't stay quit when I was 38 and weighed 102 pounds.
Sometimes the wisdom of age comes a bit late.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 01/07/10 10:15, Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> Other than those, I think the diet looks okay, and it's obviously worked
> wonders for him.

It'd be more compelling if he didn't look like a cadaver now.

--
brother mouse
composed offline and synced later.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> This week on "Good Eats", Alton Brown talked about the diet he
> followed in dropping 50 pounds over a nine-month period. You can
> Google to find remarks about how he's now incessantly snacking on
> sardines and almonds, but here's what the show had to say:
>
> Every day, Alton has the following: fruits, whole grains, leafy
> greens, nuts, carrots, and green tea.
>
> Three times a week, Alton has: oily fish, yogurt, broccoli, sweet
> potato, and avocado.
>
> Only *one* time a week, Alton has: red meat, pasta, dessert, or
> alcohol.
>

> So, a few comments:
>
> 1. The program didn't mention that Alton runs four miles a day these
> days. That's a HUGE omission. If you run four miles a day, you can
> pretty much eat whatever you want and not gain weight.

I just watched that show last night. The running does explain a lot.
He has that runner look to him that I don't think you can get by diet
alone.

> 5. The program wasn't clear about whether the items listed on the
> "every day" and "thrice weekly" lists were the *only* things eaten on
> those days, and I thought the implication was that they were not. I
> thought the first two lists were intended to be inclusive (as in,
> "include these in what you eat that day") and the third list was
> intended to be prohibited (as in, "only eat these on special days"),
> but that was not specifically stated.

He has that smoothie every morning for breakfast, was that
included in his every day list? I don't see soy milk on his daily
list.

I don't know why broccoli is on the '3 times a week' list, why not
daily? Sweet potatoes and avocado 3 times a week, I get.

> 6. Where do chicken, pork, eggs, beans, and non-oily fish or
> shellfish fit in there?

I wondered that myself. I guess the theme of the show was how
he lost weight and he doesn't eat those things. I don't see where
beans fit in there, either.

> Other than those, I think the diet looks okay, and it's obviously
> worked wonders for him. Maybe it's time to buy whole grains (wheat
> berries, millet, quinoa, steel-cut oats, brown rice, barley, and wild
> rice) and leafy greens (collard greens, turnip greens, mustard
> greens, kale, spinach, cabbage, Chinese broccoli, and lettuce. I bet
> radicchio fits in there, too, even though it's not green.)

No question most everyone should be eating more of that kind of food.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
> This week on "Good Eats", Alton Brown talked about the diet he followed in
> dropping 50 pounds over a nine-month period. You can Google to find
> remarks about how he's now incessantly snacking on sardines and almonds,
> but here's what the show had to say:
>
> Every day, Alton has the following: fruits, whole grains, leafy greens,
> nuts, carrots, and green tea.
>
> Three times a week, Alton has: oily fish, yogurt, broccoli, sweet potato,
> and avocado.
>
> Only *one* time a week, Alton has: red meat, pasta, dessert, or alcohol.
>

> So, a few comments:
>
> 1. The program didn't mention that Alton runs four miles a day these days.
> That's a HUGE omission. If you run four miles a day, you can pretty much
> eat whatever you want and not gain weight.
>
> 2. I wouldn't mind only having red meat, pasta, or dessert only once a
> week, and I wouldn't really mind only having alcohol once a week, but
> doesn't that fly in the face of all those studies which said that red wine
> EVERY DAY is good for you?
>
> 3. I like a lot of variety. I don't think there are enough ways to cook
> sweet potatoes for me to like them three times a week. At least with
> broccoli, there are different variations, but sweet potatoes all taste
> pretty much the same. Don't get me wrong, I like sweet potatoes just fine,
> but three times a week seems like too much to me.
>
> 4. About the only way I'd be happy eating carrots every single day would
> be as a kind of mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack. But I guess there are
> people who eat potatoes every day without a second thought, so maybe I
> just haven't given enough thought to all the different ways to consume
> carrots.
>
> 5. The program wasn't clear about whether the items listed on the "every
> day" and "thrice weekly" lists were the *only* things eaten on those days,
> and I thought the implication was that they were not. I thought the first
> two lists were intended to be inclusive (as in, "include these in what you
> eat that day") and the third list was intended to be prohibited (as in,
> "only eat these on special days"), but that was not specifically stated.
>
> 6. Where do chicken, pork, eggs, beans, and non-oily fish or shellfish fit
> in there?
>

> Other than those, I think the diet looks okay, and it's obviously worked
> wonders for him. Maybe it's time to buy whole grains (wheat berries,
> millet, quinoa, steel-cut oats, brown rice, barley, and wild rice) and
> leafy greens (collard greens, turnip greens, mustard greens, kale,
> spinach, cabbage, Chinese broccoli, and lettuce. I bet radicchio fits in
> there, too, even though it's not green.)
>
> Bob

I wondered if there wasn't some sort of program or competition going on at
Food Network. Bobby Flay has lost weight, his face is leaner, and Mario
Batali has too -- his face has lost the jowls.
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Bostwick wrote:

> I wondered if there wasn't some sort of program or competition going
> on at Food Network. Bobby Flay has lost weight, his face is leaner,
> and Mario Batali has too -- his face has lost the jowls.

I just saw some article about chefs losing weight ... Mario was one
of them, he said he got a look at himself on that Spain show and
realized he needed to lose weight for his family's sake.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in news:Uym1n.22667$0B7.14042
@newsfe13.ams2:

> Janet Bostwick wrote:
>
>> I wondered if there wasn't some sort of program or competition going
>> on at Food Network. Bobby Flay has lost weight, his face is leaner,
>> and Mario Batali has too -- his face has lost the jowls.

> I just saw some article about chefs losing weight ... Mario was one
> of them, he said he got a look at himself on that Spain show and
> realized he needed to lose weight for his family's sake.
>
> nancy

Yes, he looked *humungous* on that show...... I think I even made comment on
his size (on that show) in here.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it is safer to
harrass rich women than motorcycle gangs."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterL1 > wrote in
:

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in
> news:Uym1n.22667$0B7.14042 @newsfe13.ams2:
>
>> Janet Bostwick wrote:
>>
>>> I wondered if there wasn't some sort of program or competition going
>>> on at Food Network. Bobby Flay has lost weight, his face is leaner,
>>> and Mario Batali has too -- his face has lost the jowls.

>> I just saw some article about chefs losing weight ... Mario was one
>> of them, he said he got a look at himself on that Spain show and
>> realized he needed to lose weight for his family's sake.
>>
>> nancy
>>

> Yes, he looked *humungous* on that show...... I think I even made
> comment on his size (on that show) in here.

Opps!! Just found it.............

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: PeterL2 >
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 15:09:19 GMT
Subject: Chef Mario Batali...... what gives??

He's going to die very shortly......... unless he does something about his
ever expanding girth.

I just watched him with Gwyneth Paltrow(?) roaming around Spain.

Queenslands richest man is in the same boat!!

http://www.news.com.au/business/stor...28-462,00.html

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it is safer
to harrass rich women than motorcycle gangs."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

> So, a few comments:
>
> 1. The program didn't mention that Alton runs four miles a day these days.
> That's a HUGE omission. If you run four miles a day, you can pretty much eat
> whatever you want and not gain weight.

Hardly. Men burn approximately 125 calories running a mile. Four miles
would only be 500 calories. That's a large fry at McDonalds. Hardly
eating anything one wants.

His running without changing his diet would result in losing a pound a
week. Combined with cutting calories he would lose weight at a faster
rate then that.

marcella
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> The one thing I do know is that there is never a better time than now to get
> healthy and trim down. *It gets harder and looks worse every year you age.

Well, that's not exactly true - a little fullness in the face keeps
the wrinkles from showing as much. ;-)

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 7, 8:52*am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
> Janet Bostwick wrote:
> > I wondered if there wasn't some sort of program or competition going
> > on at Food Network. *Bobby Flay has lost weight, his face is leaner,
> > and Mario Batali has too -- his face has lost the jowls.

> I just saw some article about chefs losing weight ... Mario was one
> of them, he said he got a look at himself on that Spain show and
> realized he needed to lose weight for his family's sake. *
>
> nancy

Mario's recent appearance on the White House ICA didn't show him to be
noticeably thinner - at least I couldn't tell that he was. I haven't
seen him "live" recently.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 7, 8:52*am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
> Janet Bostwick wrote:
> > I wondered if there wasn't some sort of program or competition going
> > on at Food Network. *Bobby Flay has lost weight, his face is leaner,
> > and Mario Batali has too -- his face has lost the jowls.

> I just saw some article about chefs losing weight ... Mario was one
> of them, he said he got a look at himself on that Spain show and
> realized he needed to lose weight for his family's sake. *

Probably Mario realized this standing next to the slim lithe Gwynnth
Paltrow!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 7, 8:52*am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
> Janet Bostwick wrote:
> > I wondered if there wasn't some sort of program or competition going
> > on at Food Network. *Bobby Flay has lost weight, his face is leaner,
> > and Mario Batali has too -- his face has lost the jowls.

> I just saw some article about chefs losing weight ... Mario was one
> of them, he said he got a look at himself on that Spain show and
> realized he needed to lose weight for his family's sake. *

Oh he was just a whale on that Spain show! I'm glad he's losing some
of that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
John Kuthe > wrote:

> Probably Mario realized this standing next to the slim lithe Gwynnth
> Paltrow!

Well, it did remind one somewhat of Jabba the Hutt and the Princess...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
> This week on "Good Eats", Alton Brown talked about the diet he followed in
> dropping 50 pounds over a nine-month period. You can Google to find
> remarks about how he's now incessantly snacking on sardines and almonds,
> but here's what the show had to say:

Glad to hear that, I thought he had a dreaded disease or something.

> Every day, Alton has the following: fruits, whole grains, leafy greens,
> nuts, carrots, and green tea.
>
> Three times a week, Alton has: oily fish, yogurt, broccoli, sweet potato,
> and avocado.
>
> Only *one* time a week, Alton has: red meat, pasta, dessert, or alcohol.
>

> So, a few comments:
>
> 1. The program didn't mention that Alton runs four miles a day these days.
> That's a HUGE omission. If you run four miles a day, you can pretty much
> eat whatever you want and not gain weight.

Umm, not too sure about that. I lost 50 pounds over a year ago by
restricting my intake and walking 4 miles 5 or 6 days a week. Since hitting
goal weight I've loosened my restrictions on which foods I eat, though I
still eat mostly low-fat whole foods and not that much red meat. I've
gained 9 pounds back over the last six months despite working out more than
an hour in the gym every work-day morning. My workout includes 45 minutes on
an elliptical trainer, the readout of which says I'm burning 600 calories
and logging over 5 miles.

It's a bit depressing to know that in 4 years I'll have gained most of my
weight back despite giving up beer, pizza deep-fried anything and sweets
(the things I can't seem to control on my own). I can't be as regimented as
I was when I was loosing weight for the rest of my life.

On the bright side, my resting pulse is 62, my BP is 120/80 and my
cholesterol is lower that it's been in 40 years. Since I do 99% of the
cooking in my house, my wife and kids have lost weight and gotten healthier.

> 2. I wouldn't mind only having red meat, pasta, or dessert only once a
> week, and I wouldn't really mind only having alcohol once a week, but
> doesn't that fly in the face of all those studies which said that red wine
> EVERY DAY is good for you?

My doctor said I should drink a glass or two of red wine every day. Who am I
to go against my MD's orders?

> 3. I like a lot of variety. I don't think there are enough ways to cook
> sweet potatoes for me to like them three times a week. At least with
> broccoli, there are different variations, but sweet potatoes all taste
> pretty much the same. Don't get me wrong, I like sweet potatoes just fine,
> but three times a week seems like too much to me.

You can combine sweet potatoes with other foods and give enough variety to
pull off 3 days a week.

> 4. About the only way I'd be happy eating carrots every single day would
> be as a kind of mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack. But I guess there are
> people who eat potatoes every day without a second thought, so maybe I
> just haven't given enough thought to all the different ways to consume
> carrots.

I eat them pretty close to every day either to snack on or in a salad.
Jon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Zeppo wrote on Thu, 7 Jan 2010 15:56:04 -0500:

> You can combine sweet potatoes with other foods and give
> enough variety to pull off 3 days a week.

Unfortunately, like me, you will find that the calory intake to avoid
weight gain seems to decrease with age. I am now at the stage where I
have to decide not to have dinner after a reasonably sized lunch :-(

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Marcella Peek wrote:
> "Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:
>
>> So, a few comments:
>>
>> 1. The program didn't mention that Alton runs four miles a day these days.
>> That's a HUGE omission. If you run four miles a day, you can pretty much eat
>> whatever you want and not gain weight.

> Hardly. Men burn approximately 125 calories running a mile. Four miles
> would only be 500 calories. That's a large fry at McDonalds. Hardly
> eating anything one wants.

I've read that a marathon is about a pound of fat. That's more like
135+ calories per pound but the way calories are counted that's very
close agreement. Still, having to run a marathon to lose a pound says
something -

Exercise counts way more for keeping it off than for losing it in the
first place. Since keeping it off lasts forever (at best) exercise gets
more important with time.

> His running without changing his diet would result in losing a pound a
> week. Combined with cutting calories he would lose weight at a faster
> rate then that.

According to the episode he cut his calories dramatically.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

frater mus wrote:
> On 01/07/10 10:15, Bob Terwilliger wrote:
>
>> Other than those, I think the diet looks okay, and it's obviously worked
>> wonders for him.

> It'd be more compelling if he didn't look like a cadaver now.

I agree. I think he looks awful, with a too tight neck and jaw, and
somewhat hollow eyes.

His show has lost a lot of its humor this season, too, although the
Christmas show was good. I saw him interviewed several weeks back on
"Sunday Morning" and that was when I first heard the explanation of the
diet although I first noticed its effects on the Good Eats anniversary
episode. Maybe it was a problem with my expectations, but he seemed
hurried, abrupt and wound tighter than a watch spring. He told the
interviewer about how he got into making a show about food, and when the
interviewer noted that AB is a cook he appeared to bristle and wasted no
time correcting, to wit, that he is a film maker and nothing else.

Soooooo, all the care and attention is just part of making good film? Is
it not really about the food for him? Is Brown using the Riefenstahl
defense?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 19:26:26 -0700, Pennyaline
> wrote:

>I agree. I think he looks awful, with a too tight neck and jaw, and
>somewhat hollow eyes.

Sounds like he had a face life too.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> The one thing I do know is that there is never a better time than now to
> get
> healthy and trim down. It gets harder and looks worse every year you age.

Well, that's not exactly true - a little fullness in the face keeps
the wrinkles from showing as much. ;-)

N.

I am talking about what you look like when you diet. I am watching my face
fall off.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> Zeppo wrote on Thu, 7 Jan 2010 15:56:04 -0500:
>

>> You can combine sweet potatoes with other foods and give
>> enough variety to pull off 3 days a week.

> Unfortunately, like me, you will find that the calory intake to avoid
> weight gain seems to decrease with age. I am now at the stage where I have
> to decide not to have dinner after a reasonably sized lunch :-(
>
> --
>
> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland
>
> Email, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Crap, I'll just slit my wrists.

:-)
Jon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 8, 2:26*am, "Giusi" > wrote:
> "Nancy2" > ha scritto nel ...
>
> > The one thing I do know is that there is never a better time than now to
> > get
> > healthy and trim down. It gets harder and looks worse every year you age.

> Well, that's not exactly true - a little fullness in the face keeps
> the wrinkles from showing as much. ;-)
>
> N.
>
> I am talking about what you look like when you diet. *I am watching my face
> fall off.

I know, that's the downside, isn't it? My secretary had a bypass, and
now her face shows every one of her 50 years - but, man, otherwise,
she looks great.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 7, 9:34*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 19:26:26 -0700, Pennyaline
>
> > wrote:
> >I agree. I think he looks awful, with a too tight neck and jaw, and
> >somewhat hollow eyes.

> Sounds like he had a face life too.
>
> --
> I love cooking with wine.
> Sometimes I even put it in the food.

I don't think he looks like that - he just looks like an exercise
freak - all sinew, muscle and bone. Which is not to imply he isn't
healthy, because I'm sure he is.

If he'd had a facelift, he would have had that mark on his face
removed.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 12:20:51 -0500, "Zeppo" > wrote:

>"James Silverton" > wrote in message
>> Zeppo wrote on Thu, 7 Jan 2010 15:56:04 -0500:
>>

>>> You can combine sweet potatoes with other foods and give
>>> enough variety to pull off 3 days a week.

>> Unfortunately, like me, you will find that the calory intake to avoid
>> weight gain seems to decrease with age. I am now at the stage where I have
>> to decide not to have dinner after a reasonably sized lunch :-(
>>

>Crap, I'll just slit my wrists.
>
>:-)
>Jon

I'm in the same boat as James, except it's not a big decision. I
don't want dinner after a reasonably sized lunch, because I'm not
hungry.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:

> Well, that's not exactly true - a little fullness in the face keeps
> the wrinkles from showing as much. ;-)
>
> N.

That's always been my plan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba wrote:
>Nancy2 wrote:
>
>> Well, that's not exactly true - a little fullness in the face keeps
>> the wrinkles from showing as much. ;-)

>That's always been my plan

You don't need to worry with me... I always look lower down. hehe
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 7, 4:16*pm, "James Silverton" >
wrote:
> *Zeppo *wrote *on Thu, 7 Jan 2010 15:56:04 -0500:
>
> > You can combine sweet potatoes with other foods and give
> > enough variety to pull off 3 days a week.

> Unfortunately, like me, you will find that the calory intake to avoid
> weight gain seems to decrease with age. I am now at the stage where I
> have to decide not to have dinner after a reasonably *sized lunch :-(

It does. I saw the charts on it. What I remember is that my aunt and
I are about the same height. She's 20 years my senior. I can eat 100
calories more than her. But that's the number of calories to
maintain current weight with no movement (like if you're laid up in
the hospital). With age we also lose muscle mass, and muscle burns
more calories than fat. That article (in either the NYTimes or the
Providence Journal this past Sunday) was recommending weight training
into old age.

I have one friend who decides what she wants for dinner, then does one
or two Zumba classes so she can "afford" the calories. <G>

maxine in ri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 7, 5:15*am, "Bob Terwilliger" >
wrote:

I thought the beginning of that episode was hysterical. "This is
me".
"This me, too" while highlighting his belly.

> 6. Where do chicken, pork, eggs, beans, and non-oily fish or shellfish fit
> in there?

I got the impression that he has to eat the listed items as frequently
as
specified, but that his overall diet could include other things, as
long
as they weren't on the forbidden list. Chicken--ok. McNuggets--no
way.

It would have been nice for them to make that clear, and to mention
the
exercise.

Well, I was traveling last weekend, and ate fast food. I guess I've
got
another five years before the next time. The Wendy's burger wasn't
as bad as I expected it would be.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 12, 8:33*am, Cindy Hamilton >
wrote:
> On Jan 7, 5:15*am, "Bob Terwilliger" >
> wrote:
>
> I thought the beginning of that episode was hysterical. *"This is
> me".
> "This me, too" while highlighting his belly.
>
> > 6. Where do chicken, pork, eggs, beans, and non-oily fish or shellfish fit
> > in there?

> I got the impression that he has to eat the listed items as frequently
> as
> specified, but that his overall diet could include other things, as
> long
> as they weren't on the forbidden list. *Chicken--ok. *McNuggets--no
> way.
>
> It would have been nice for them to make that clear, and to mention
> the
> exercise.
>
> Well, I was traveling last weekend, and ate fast food. *I guess I've
> got
> another five years before the next time. *The Wendy's burger wasn't
> as bad as I expected it would be.

There is some fast food that is better than just, not as bad...

Popeye's spicy chicken is pretty good. So are Del Taco's bean &
cheese burritos.

> Cindy Hamilton

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 12, 10:02*am, --Bryan > wrote:
> On Jan 12, 8:33*am, Cindy Hamilton >
> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 7, 5:15*am, "Bob Terwilliger" >
> > wrote:

> > I thought the beginning of that episode was hysterical. *"This is
> > me".
> > "This me, too" while highlighting his belly.

> > > 6. Where do chicken, pork, eggs, beans, and non-oily fish or shellfish fit
> > > in there?

> > I got the impression that he has to eat the listed items as frequently
> > as
> > specified, but that his overall diet could include other things, as
> > long
> > as they weren't on the forbidden list. *Chicken--ok. *McNuggets--no
> > way.

> > It would have been nice for them to make that clear, and to mention
> > the
> > exercise.

> > Well, I was traveling last weekend, and ate fast food. *I guess I've
> > got
> > another five years before the next time. *The Wendy's burger wasn't
> > as bad as I expected it would be.

> There is some fast food that is better than just, not as bad...
>
> Popeye's spicy chicken is pretty good. *So are Del Taco's bean &
> cheese burritos.

No Del Taco here in the snowy country. I did see a Popeye's somewhere
on my travels, but DH picked the luncheon venue, so it was Wendy's.

Cindy Hamilton