Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Leftover Chili-con-queso

Made a BIG batch for Xmas day then ran our of tortilla chips.

Then we ran out of pretzels and I still had some left.

The day after Xmas was leftovers from the 22 Lb ham along with some fresh
steamed broccoli.

Hmmmm thought I.

Net result:

Chili-con-queso reheated is very good warmed up and poured over steamed
broccoli.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 27, 11:24*pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:

> Chili-con-queso reheated is very good warmed up and poured over steamed
> broccoli.

I'm sorry, you've never been rude to me but <GAK!!!> that almost made
me live up to my screen name.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dimitri" > wrote
> Chili-con-queso reheated is very good warmed up and poured over steamed
> broccoli.

Sounds good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:

> Chili-con-queso reheated is very good warmed up and poured over steamed
> broccoli.

I bet it'd be even better with cheese melted on top.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 21:26:30 -0800 (PST), projectile vomit chick
> wrote:

>On Dec 27, 11:24*pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:
>>
>> Chili-con-queso reheated is very good warmed up and poured over steamed
>> broccoli.

>I'm sorry, you've never been rude to me but <GAK!!!> that almost made
>me live up to my screen name.

Would it have sounded better over cauliflower?

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 28, 1:20*am, sf > wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 21:26:30 -0800 (PST), projectile vomit chick
>
> > wrote:
> >On Dec 27, 11:24 pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:

> >> Chili-con-queso reheated is very good warmed up and poured over steamed
> >> broccoli.

> >I'm sorry, you've never been rude to me but <GAK!!!> that almost made
> >me live up to my screen name.

> Would it have sounded better over cauliflower?

No.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 00:06:21 -0800 (PST), projectile vomit chick
> wrote:

>On Dec 28, 1:20*am, sf > wrote:
>> On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 21:26:30 -0800 (PST), projectile vomit chick
>>
>> > wrote:

>> >I'm sorry, you've never been rude to me but <GAK!!!> that almost made
>> >me live up to my screen name.

>> Would it have sounded better over cauliflower?

>No.

I don't put cheese sauce on vegetables either.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
news
> On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 00:06:21 -0800 (PST), projectile vomit chick
> > wrote:
>
>>On Dec 28, 1:20 am, sf > wrote:
>>> On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 21:26:30 -0800 (PST), projectile vomit chick

>>> Would it have sounded better over cauliflower?

>>No.

> I don't put cheese sauce on vegetables either.

I'm losing any potential respect I had for Vomitous. Ever since she tried to
change screen names she's been backpedaling. A kinder, gentler ASSHOLE. Ugh.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 28, 12:24*am, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> Made a BIG batch for Xmas day then ran our of tortilla chips.
>
> Then we ran out of pretzels and I still had some left.
>
> The day after Xmas was leftovers from the 22 Lb ham along with some fresh
> steamed broccoli.
>
> Hmmmm thought I.
>
> Net result:
>
> Chili-con-queso reheated is very good warmed up and poured over steamed
> broccoli.
>
> Dimitri

try this" poached egg and leftover queso on leftover cornbread. I like
to call it southwestern benedict. green chiles optional.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
> Dimitri wrote:
>
>> Chili-con-queso reheated is very good warmed up and poured over steamed
>> broccoli.

> I bet it'd be even better with cheese melted on top.
>
> Bob

When the girls were growing up it was "Baby Trees N' Cheese" a staple
around the house.

Still is.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jude" > wrote in message
On Dec 28, 12:24 am, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> Made a BIG batch for Xmas day then ran our of tortilla chips.
>
> Then we ran out of pretzels and I still had some left.
>
> The day after Xmas was leftovers from the 22 Lb ham along with some fresh
> steamed broccoli.
>
> Hmmmm thought I.
>
> Net result:
>
> Chili-con-queso reheated is very good warmed up and poured over steamed
> broccoli.
>
> Dimitri

try this" poached egg and leftover queso on leftover cornbread. I like
to call it southwestern benedict. green chiles optional.

Very cool idea.

Thanks

BTW Green chilies are never optional - they're a necessity with many many
dishes.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 08:34:43 -0800, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

>"Jude" > wrote in message
>On Dec 28, 12:24 am, "Dimitri" > wrote:
>> Made a BIG batch for Xmas day then ran our of tortilla chips.
>>
>> Then we ran out of pretzels and I still had some left.
>>
>> The day after Xmas was leftovers from the 22 Lb ham along with some fresh
>> steamed broccoli.
>>
>> Hmmmm thought I.
>>
>> Net result:
>>
>> Chili-con-queso reheated is very good warmed up and poured over steamed
>> broccoli.
>>
>> Dimitri

>try this" poached egg and leftover queso on leftover cornbread. I like
>to call it southwestern benedict. green chiles optional.
>
>Very cool idea.
>
>Thanks
>
>BTW Green chilies are never optional - they're a necessity with many many
>dishes.
>
>Dimitri

You really need to get quote fix or get a new reader. Your posts are
a mess. It's a shame as you are a great poster otherwise.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:

> Net result:
>
> Chili-con-queso reheated is very good warmed up and poured over steamed
> broccoli.

It's just a cheese sauce with some spicy (I hope) meat.
It should be quite good on broccoli. Good stuffing for
tortillas, also, or over boiled potatoes..

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 10:44:09 -0600, Lou Decruss
> wrote:

>>BTW Green chilies are never optional - they're a necessity with many many
>>dishes.
>>
>>Dimitri

>You really need to get quote fix or get a new reader. Your posts are
>a mess. It's a shame as you are a great poster otherwise.

What's wrong with his quotes? Everything looks fine on this Agent
Users end.

--
Zilbandy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Zilbandy > wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 10:44:09 -0600, Lou Decruss
> > wrote:
>
> >>BTW Green chilies are never optional - they're a necessity with many many
> >>dishes.
> >>
> >>Dimitri

> >You really need to get quote fix or get a new reader. Your posts are
> >a mess. It's a shame as you are a great poster otherwise.

> What's wrong with his quotes? Everything looks fine on this Agent
> Users end.

If you go back to the previous post, you probably will see what the rest
of us saw, that Jude's post appears to be at the same quote level as
Dimitri, so all of Jude's words appear to be Dimitri's words. If it
doesn't appear that way to you, I'll eat my words (with BBQ sauce).

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:
> Made a BIG batch for Xmas day then ran our of tortilla chips.
>
> Then we ran out of pretzels and I still had some left.
>
> The day after Xmas was leftovers from the 22 Lb ham along with some
> fresh steamed broccoli.
>
> Hmmmm thought I.
>
> Net result:
>
> Chili-con-queso reheated is very good warmed up and poured over
> steamed broccoli.
>
> Dimitri

We had broccoli right before Christmas. Broccoli covered with chili con
queso is one of my youngest son's favorites. He also likes it poured
over cauliflower, rice, mashed potatoes, brussels sprouts. I always
hope it will put weight on him, but that doesn't seem to happen. lol

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 13:14:39 -0800, Dan Abel > wrote:

>In article >,
> Zilbandy > wrote:

>> >You really need to get quote fix or get a new reader. Your posts are
>> >a mess. It's a shame as you are a great poster otherwise.

>> What's wrong with his quotes? Everything looks fine on this Agent
>> Users end.

>If you go back to the previous post, you probably will see what the rest
>of us saw, that Jude's post appears to be at the same quote level as
>Dimitri, so all of Jude's words appear to be Dimitri's words. If it
>doesn't appear that way to you, I'll eat my words (with BBQ sauce).

That's how it shows up here too. Confusing as we've both mentioned
before. It's a posters responsibility to make what they post
readable. It's not my job to go back through posts to see who is
actually saying what.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 28, 1:14*pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
> In article >,
>
> *Zilbandy > wrote:

> > >You really need to get quote fix or get a new reader. *Your posts are
> > >a mess. *It's a shame as you are a great poster otherwise.

> > What's wrong with his quotes? Everything looks fine on this Agent
> > Users end.

> If you go back to the previous post, you probably will see what the rest
> of us saw, that Jude's post appears to be at the same quote level as
> Dimitri, so all of Jude's words appear to be Dimitri's words. *If it
> doesn't appear that way to you, I'll eat my words (with BBQ sauce).
>
> --
> Dan Abel
> Petaluma, California USA

I can read it just fine without any mess.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 27, 9:26*pm, projectile vomit chick
> wrote:
> On Dec 27, 11:24*pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:
>

> > Chili-con-queso reheated is very good warmed up and poured over steamed
> > broccoli.

> I'm sorry, you've never been rude to me but <GAK!!!> that almost made
> me live up to my screen name.

Go nuke your frozen burrito and pop tart.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 28, 1:14*pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
> In article >,
>
> *Zilbandy > wrote:

> > >You really need to get quote fix or get a new reader. *Your posts are
> > >a mess. *It's a shame as you are a great poster otherwise.

> > What's wrong with his quotes? Everything looks fine on this Agent
> > Users end.

> If you go back to the previous post, you probably will see what the rest
> of us saw, that Jude's post appears to be at the same quote level as
> Dimitri, so all of Jude's words appear to be Dimitri's words. *If it
> doesn't appear that way to you, I'll eat my words (with BBQ sauce).
>
> --
> Dan Abel
> Petaluma, California USA

I can read it just fine without any mess.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 16:07:02 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
> wrote:

>On Dec 28, 1:14*pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
>> In article >,
>>
>> *Zilbandy > wrote:
>> > On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 10:44:09 -0600, Lou Decruss

>> > What's wrong with his quotes? Everything looks fine on this Agent
>> > Users end.

>> If you go back to the previous post, you probably will see what the rest
>> of us saw, that Jude's post appears to be at the same quote level as
>> Dimitri, so all of Jude's words appear to be Dimitri's words. *If it
>> doesn't appear that way to you, I'll eat my words (with BBQ sauce).
>>
>> --
>> Dan Abel
>> Petaluma, California USA
>>

>I can read it just fine without any mess.

Bullshit. I just looked at google and it's screwed up there too.

BTW, you posted your message twice.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 28, 4:15*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 16:07:02 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
>

> > wrote:
> >On Dec 28, 1:14 pm, Dan Abel > wrote:

> >> If you go back to the previous post, you probably will see what the rest
> >> of us saw, that Jude's post appears to be at the same quote level as
> >> Dimitri, so all of Jude's words appear to be Dimitri's words. If it
> >> doesn't appear that way to you, I'll eat my words (with BBQ sauce).

> >> --
> >> Dan Abel
> >> Petaluma, California USA
> >>

> >I can read it just fine without any mess.

> Bullshit. *I just looked at google and it's screwed up there too. *
>
> BTW, you posted your message twice.
>
> Lou

Sorry to say but I CAN see it fine with no mess AND...I see only the
one post!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 16:35:42 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
> wrote:

>On Dec 28, 4:15*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 16:07:02 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
>>

>> > wrote:

>> >I can read it just fine without any mess.

>> Bullshit. *I just looked at google and it's screwed up there too. *
>>
>> BTW, you posted your message twice.
>>
>> Lou

>Sorry to say but I CAN see it fine with no mess AND

Dan already explained it so I'm not doing it again.

>...I see only the one post!!

You have two identical posts on this server and also on google. I
personally don't give a rats ass but you don't seem to be the
brightest google poster.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 04:48:55 -0500, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>I'm losing any potential respect I had for Vomitous. Ever since she tried to
>change screen names she's been backpedaling. A kinder, gentler ASSHOLE. Ugh.

One of the sadder aspects of my recent computer crash/new computer is
the loss of my KF - PVC was an early entrant.

OB: The SIL had requested cherry pie for one of the desserts for
Christmas dinner, to which I foolishly acquiesced. *Then* I got a
look at the prices of cherries (imported from Chile) at $5.99 per 10
oz. bag - and I needed 3 of 'em. Yikes! Next year, I'm handing 'em a
selection from which to choose!

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd...who doesn't generally announce KF
entrants

---

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,
and if the turkey had had a breast like the maid,
it would have been a swell dinner." Duncan Hines
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 28, 3:48*am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "sf" > wrote in message
>
> news >
>

> > On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 00:06:21 -0800 (PST), projectile vomit chick
> > > wrote:

> >>No.

> > I don't put cheese sauce on vegetables either.

> I'm losing any potential respect I had for Vomitous. Ever since she tried to
> change screen names she's been backpedaling. A kinder, gentler ASSHOLE. Ugh.

Ha! I thought you had me killfiled, you lying ****-licker......and I
see you have begun capitaizing my name, hahahaha!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 28, 6:07*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> On Dec 27, 9:26*pm, projectile vomit chick
>
> > wrote:
> > On Dec 27, 11:24*pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:

> > > Chili-con-queso reheated is very good warmed up and poured over steamed
> > > broccoli.

> > I'm sorry, you've never been rude to me but <GAK!!!> that almost made
> > me live up to my screen name.

> Go nuke your frozen burrito and pop tart.

Wow, what a scathing wit. Too bad. Maybe next time. <snicker>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

projectile vomit chick wrote:

> On Dec 28, 3:48 am, "cybercat" > wrote:
>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>
>> news >>
>>

>>> On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 00:06:21 -0800 (PST), projectile vomit chick

>>> I don't put cheese sauce on vegetables either.

>> I'm losing any potential respect I had for Vomitous. Ever since she
>> tried to change screen names she's been backpedaling. A kinder,
>> gentler ASSHOLE. Ugh.

> Ha! I thought you had me killfiled, you lying ****-licker

LOL...

.......and I
> see you have begun capitaizing my name, hahahaha!!

It's "the kinder, gentler cyberpussie"...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 28, 5:18*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 16:35:42 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
>

> > wrote:
> >On Dec 28, 4:15 pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> >> On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 16:07:02 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown

> >> Bullshit. I just looked at google and it's screwed up there too.

> >> BTW, you posted your message twice.

> >> Lou

> >Sorry to say but I CAN see it fine with no mess AND

> Dan already explained it so I'm not doing it again.
>
> >...I see only the one post!!

> You have two identical posts on this server and also on google. *I
> personally don't give a rats ass but you don't seem to be the
> brightest google poster.
>
> Lou

Oh...and I suppose you are......
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 21:08:56 -0800, Ranee at Arabian Knits
> wrote:

> Are you not able to get frozen pie cherries? We make quite a nice
>cherry pie with frozen sour cherries.

Well, yes, but why would I want to use frozen cherries when I can get
fresh? They're pricey, but make a much nicer pie.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

---

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,
and if the turkey had had a breast like the maid,
it would have been a swell dinner." Duncan Hines
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 28, 5:27�pm, Becca > wrote:
> Dimitri wrote:
> > Made a BIG batch for Xmas day then ran our of tortilla chips.

> > Then we ran out of pretzels and I still had some left.

> > The day after Xmas was leftovers from the 22 Lb ham along with some
> > fresh steamed broccoli.

> > Hmmmm thought I.

> > Net result:

> > Chili-con-queso reheated is very good warmed up and poured over
> > steamed broccoli.

> > Dimitri

> We had broccoli right before Christmas. �Broccoli covered with chili con
> queso is one of my youngest son's favorites. He also likes it poured
> over cauliflower, rice, mashed potatoes, brussels sprouts. �I always
> hope it will put weight on him, but that doesn't seem to happen. lol
>
> Becca- Hide quoted text -

What are you trying to do? Turn him into a fatty?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 29, 6:27*pm, "Gregory Morrow" > wrote:
> projectile vomit chick wrote:
> > On Dec 28, 3:48 am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> >> "sf" > wrote in message

> >>news

> >> I'm losing any potential respect I had for Vomitous. Ever since she
> >> tried to change screen names she's been backpedaling. A kinder,
> >> gentler ASSHOLE. Ugh.

> > Ha! *I thought you had me killfiled, you lying ****-licker

> LOL...
>
> ......and I
>
> > see you have begun capitaizing my name, hahahaha!!

> It's "the kinder, gentler cyberpussie"...

Heeheee, she's turning a new leaf for the new year!

Chili con Queso Sharon[_3_] Recipes (moderated) 0 23-05-2007 01:32 PM
Chili Con Queso Michele Recipes (moderated) 0 10-12-2006 07:43 AM
Chili Con Queso Fondue Duckie ® Recipes 0 05-12-2005 09:31 PM
Chili con Queso ASmith1946 Historic 55 04-05-2004 06:45 PM
Chili con Queso and Chip Dips ASmith1946 Historic 4 13-02-2004 05:32 PM