Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Where did you learn to cook?

I learned a little from watching others ( as I had NI knwoledge before
though I cooked to avoid eating junk food in my 20s) and in recent
years from youtube videos. Still not a great cook and do not plan to
be as I can't eat everything anyway.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Manda Ruby wrote:
> I learned a little from watching others ( as I had NI knwoledge before
> though I cooked to avoid eating junk food in my 20s) and in recent
> years from youtube videos. Still not a great cook and do not plan to
> be as I can't eat everything anyway.

I was the only one of my mom's (four) kids who wanted to learn to cook,
so she let me help her from the time I was four (according to her), and
I turned into the kind of cook she is -- we look to see what's in the
cupboard and throw together simple meals. I also watched a lot of
cooking shows (Jeff Smith helped teach me how to cook eggs; Martin Yan
made me excited about mise en place; etc.). And then the most important
teacher: experience. I cook something and if it's not quite right, I try
a different way next time. Sometimes I go online or into my cookbooks
and find out what might help; sometimes I just do some more experimenting.

It's been a long time since I made something that just really failed,
because with practice, I think most cooks start to understand what will
work, even with things they haven't made before.

Serene

--
42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Issue 2 is here!
http://42magazine.com

"I tend to come down on the side of autonomy. Once people are grown up,
I believe they have the right to go to hell in the handbasket of their
choosing." -- Pat Kight, on alt.polyamory
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Manda Ruby wrote:
> I learned a little from watching others ( as I had NI knwoledge before
> though I cooked to avoid eating junk food in my 20s) and in recent
> years from youtube videos. Still not a great cook and do not plan to
> be as I can't eat everything anyway.

I got a start at home by helping my mother, especially with baking.
After I moved out of my parents' house I watched The Galloping Gourmet.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene wrote on Sun, 20 Dec 2009 10:29:42 -0800:

> Manda Ruby wrote:
>> I learned a little from watching others ( as I had NI
>> knwoledge before though I cooked to avoid eating junk food in
>> my 20s) and in recent years from youtube videos. Still not a
>> great cook and do not plan to be as I can't eat everything
>> anyway.

> I was the only one of my mom's (four) kids who wanted to learn
> to cook, so she let me help her from the time I was four
> (according to her), and I turned into the kind of cook she is -- we
> look to see what's in the cupboard and throw together
> simple meals. I also watched a lot of cooking shows (Jeff
> Smith helped teach me how to cook eggs; Martin Yan made me
> excited about mise en place; etc.). And then the most
> important teacher: experience. I cook something and if it's not quite
> right, I try a different way next time. Sometimes I go online or into
> my cookbooks and find out what might help; sometimes I
> just do some more experimenting.

> It's been a long time since I made something that just really failed,
> because with practice, I think most cooks start to
> understand what will work, even with things they haven't made before.

It's been a long time since I had an utter failure or kitchen disaster
but there are still a lot of things that I will make only once. The
ideas and the ingredients look good but the results are blah! Mostly,
these come from recipes on packages or in newspapers.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 20, 10:29*am, Serene Vannoy > wrote:
> Manda Ruby wrote:
> > I learned a little from watching others ( as I had NI knwoledge before
> > though I cooked to avoid eating junk food in my 20s) and in recent
> > years from youtube videos. *Still not a great cook and do not plan to
> > be as I can't eat everything anyway.

> I was the only one of my mom's (four) kids who wanted to learn to cook,
> so she let me help her from the time I was four (according to her), and
> I turned into the kind of cook she is -- we look to see what's in the
> cupboard and throw together simple meals. *I also watched a lot of
> cooking shows (Jeff Smith helped teach me how to cook eggs; Martin Yan
> made me excited about mise en place; etc.). *

That reminds me. I did get to watch Martin Yin a little bit here and
there but in those days, while my attention span was very lonmd for my
studies, it was very short of anythigne lse. So, I never ended up
trying it mainly bevause to get all the ingredients was an ordeal to
begin with. I also remember trying to buy the wok. Upon readint he
seasoning instruction, I decided that it was too much work - I had no
patience for it - and put it back. A few yaers later, I did buy the
Calphalom big frying pan.

> And then the most important
> teacher: experience. I cook something and if it's not quite right, I try
> a different way next time.

It's hard for me to get extensive experience that because I have no
one to feed.

> Sometimes I go online or into my cookbooks
> and find out what might help; sometimes I just do some more experimenting..
>
> It's been a long time since I made something that just really failed,
> because with practice,

> I think most cooks start to understand what will work, even with things they haven't made before.

I think I am kind of getting there (understanding) though not fully
yet.

> Serene
>
> --
> 42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Issue 2 is here!http://42magazine.com
>
> "I tend to come down on the side of autonomy. Once people are grown up,
> I believe they have the right to go to hell in the handbasket of their
> choosing." -- Pat Kight, on alt.polyamory

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Manda Ruby wrote:

> I learned a little from watching others ( as I had NI knwoledge before
> though I cooked to avoid eating junk food in my 20s) and in recent
> years from youtube videos. Still not a great cook and do not plan to
> be as I can't eat everything anyway.

My mom taught me the basics, but I was not very
good until after college I began teaching myself
by trial and error. I would decide what I wanted
to master, then make it the wrong way about a dozen
times until I finally learned every single thing
that could go wrong.

I've never found cookbooks to be useful. I've
found industrial food science books to be much
more informative, because they explain general
principles and the "why" behind the recipes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
>I learned a little from watching others ( as I had NI knwoledge before
> though I cooked to avoid eating junk food in my 20s) and in recent
> years from youtube videos. Still not a great cook and do not plan to
> be as I can't eat everything anyway.

Many years ago I picked up "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" by Julia
Child. I went through it cover to cover. I have never stopped going cover to
cover with many books. Cooking is addictive, therapeutic, thought
provoking, and on and on. The internet is a goldmine for this, finding new
thoughts, new approaches, new ideas, etc.
Thanks to you all,

Kent

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Manda Ruby wrote:
> I learned a little from watching others ( as I had NI knwoledge before
> though I cooked to avoid eating junk food in my 20s) and in recent
> years from youtube videos. Still not a great cook and do not plan to
> be as I can't eat everything anyway.

I learned as a kid growing up from my grandmother for how to cook. She loved
to cook and was good at it I might add. I leaned a lot from PBS shows later,
like Martin Yan, Jeff Smith and Julia Child among others. Now that our kids
are grown my wife take turns cooking for ourselves and occasionally kids
when they show up hungry. I've been cooking for going on 50 years now so
there are few surprises for me any more. I've also traveled and eaten foods
from a good portion of the planet to say the least.

--

Joe Cilinceon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Manda Ruby wrote:
> I learned a little from watching others ( as I had NI knwoledge before
> though I cooked to avoid eating junk food in my 20s) and in recent
> years from youtube videos. Still not a great cook and do not plan to
> be as I can't eat everything anyway.

When I was 8 years old, I learned how to cook by helping my grandmother.
She couldn't walk well so every afternoon she would sit in the kitchen
and we would cook... me doing all the running and fetching and as time
went on, more and more of the cooking. She passed away when I was 12
and by then, I was pretty much doing most of the cooking by myself.

At 15, my parents got me working papers and my first "real" job was in
the kitchen of a Howard Johnson's restaurant. Started as a dishwasher,
soon was doing prep work and then on to the grill as a short order cook.
I also worked once in a while in the front of the house, on the
counter or as a waiter (filling in for others).

Summer of 1968 I worked in the kitchen of the Rockport Hotel in
Rockport, Maine. I did a lot of jobs there including assisting the
Pastry Chef and the line cooks and doing a whole lot of prep work.

I would never consider myself to be a "chef", but I am a pretty good cook.

George L
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
>I learned a little from watching others ( as I had NI knwoledge before
> though I cooked to avoid eating junk food in my 20s) and in recent
> years from youtube videos. Still not a great cook and do not plan to
> be as I can't eat everything anyway.

My mom ran off with a truck driver when I was five. My dad worked hard, so
he allowed us to cook our own breakfasts on the weekend. I remember
standing on a chair cooking bacon and eggs. We ate at restaurants until we
were really old enough to cook dinners. Sis was three years older than I.
Got introduced to lots of different foods. Then, growing up in Las Vegas,
got introduced to lots more at the old buffets and inexpensive restaurants
that used to populate Vegas. Made me have a palate for foods from all over
the world by the time I reached teenagerhood. From there, I just liked to
cook at home and make all the things I had learned to like in restaurants.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
>I learned a little from watching others ( as I had NI knwoledge before
> though I cooked to avoid eating junk food in my 20s) and in recent
> years from youtube videos. Still not a great cook and do not plan to
> be as I can't eat everything anyway.

It was self defense. My Mom was a great cook, but my 4 siblings and my Dad
were picky eaters, so Mom lost interest in cooking anything but burgers, hot
dogs and the other few things that they would eat.

Mom was a great help, and encouraged me to be creative. When I cooked my
first whole meal at about 8, Mom told me that the rest of the family was
afraid to be obviously picky, for fear that she (Mom) would quit cooking
completely, and they'd have to eat more creative foods all the time, or make
their own PB & J sammiches.

I watched all of the TeeVee cooking shows that I could, and held onto good
information.
Julia Child, Justin Wilson and Jeff Smith taught me that you don't need
recipes, just ideas as long as you can see the whole picture.

I guess I can cook OK, I've won a couple of local cooking cook-offs, and
never placed out of the top 10

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Manda Ruby wrote:
> I learned a little from watching others ( as I had NI knwoledge before
> though I cooked to avoid eating junk food in my 20s) and in recent
> years from youtube videos. Still not a great cook and do not plan to
> be as I can't eat everything anyway.

I started cooking with my mother when I was in 1st grade.
At first I just helped but took on more and more responsibility
as the years went on. Made my first full family meal on my own
when I was about 12. Later I taught myself many new dishes
that my mother never made. I started collecting cookbooks from
various ethnic cuisines and taught myself. Still doing it to
this day!

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kate Connally > wrote in news:hgofok$12n$1
@usenet01.srv.cis.pitt.edu:

> I started cooking with my mother when I was in 1st grade.
> At first I just helped but took on more and more responsibility
> as the years went on. Made my first full family meal on my own
> when I was about 12. Later I taught myself many new dishes
> that my mother never made. I started collecting cookbooks from
> various ethnic cuisines and taught myself. Still doing it to
> this day!

I started cooking the day after I fully recovered from food poisoning. I
was 15yo, living in a flat with two other guys and we used to live on
tinned food.

The food poisoning certainly changed that for me.

So effectively, I've been cooking for 38 years. I've learnt quite a lot in
that time, but continue to learn new things each and every day.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kate Connally wrote:
> Manda Ruby wrote:
>> I learned a little from watching others ( as I had NI knwoledge before
>> though I cooked to avoid eating junk food in my 20s) and in recent
>> years from youtube videos. Still not a great cook and do not plan to
>> be as I can't eat everything anyway.

> I started cooking with my mother when I was in 1st grade.
> At first I just helped but took on more and more responsibility
> as the years went on. Made my first full family meal on my own
> when I was about 12. Later I taught myself many new dishes
> that my mother never made. I started collecting cookbooks from
> various ethnic cuisines and taught myself. Still doing it to
> this day!
>
> Kate

I'm now in my 70's and I got a lot of flack as a young man when I took
Home Economics in high school down in a little Texas town where I
learned the basics of cooking. Over the many years since that early
learning has served me so well. Cooking is a great creative outlet and
a source of much eating pleasure. Now if we could figure out how to
deal with that spare tire around my waist it would be great!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 22, 2:03 pm, Jim Davis > wrote:
> Kate Connally wrote:
> > Manda Ruby wrote:
> >> I learned a little from watching others ( as I had NI knwoledge before
> >> though I cooked to avoid eating junk food in my 20s) and in recent
> >> years from youtube videos. Still not a great cook and do not plan to
> >> be as I can't eat everything anyway.

> > I started cooking with my mother when I was in 1st grade.
> > At first I just helped but took on more and more responsibility
> > as the years went on. Made my first full family meal on my own
> > when I was about 12. Later I taught myself many new dishes
> > that my mother never made. I started collecting cookbooks from
> > various ethnic cuisines and taught myself. Still doing it to
> > this day!

> > Kate

> I'm now in my 70's and I got a lot of flack as a young man when I took
> Home Economics in high school down in a little Texas town where I
> learned the basics of cooking. Over the many years since that early
> learning has served me so well. Cooking is a great creative outlet and
> a source of much eating pleasure. Now if we could figure out how to
> deal with that spare tire around my waist it would be great!

For me - both the folks were pretty terrible in the kichen. I was
sometimes allowed to make an iceberg letttuce salad to go wtih the
canned veg, overcooked meat and frozen fries.

In college, had a couple of roomates who would whack up a chicken
pretty much every night. Inspired me to experiment. Collected
cookbooks, watched PBS, made a lot of mistakes and usually found
someone to eat them. Took a couple of classes as an adult, but found,
by that time, I knew more than the teachers. Still not afraid to risk
mistakes, but don't do it as much lately.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 10:16:29 -0800 (PST), Manda Ruby
> wrote:

>I learned a little from watching others ( as I had NI knwoledge before
>though I cooked to avoid eating junk food in my 20s) and in recent
>years from youtube videos. Still not a great cook and do not plan to
>be as I can't eat everything anyway.

When I was 12, I told my mother I didn't want to eat the school food
anymore (it was truly terrible, and I had all the time in the world to
come home from school, stay a good hour and a half home, and walk
back). She said OK, I could come home, but she could not be there, so
I had to cook for myself. Yesssss! She started me off by leaving
leftovers to heat, then simple stuff to cook, then I took over. Plus,
my parents were divorced and I went to my father's every weekend. He
was a great cook, and every Saturday evening would have people over
for supper, so I spent most of my Saturday late afternoons helping him
in the kitchen. All in all, at 16 yo I was perfectly able to cook a
full meal. Then when I turned 17, I went to live with my darling
grandmother (she lived in the town where my college was), and as much
as I loved her, she was the world's most terrible cook *ever*. She
also hated cooking, so left it happily in my hands - which means I
cooked evening meals about 5 times a week from then on., and have
never stopped :-)

Nathalie in Switzerland
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nathalie Chiva wrote:

>When I was 12, I told my mother I didn't want to eat the school food
>anymore (it was truly terrible, and I had all the time in the world to
>come home from school, stay a good hour and a half home, and walk
>back). She said OK, I could come home, but she could not be there, so
>I had to cook for myself. Yesssss! She started me off by leaving
>leftovers to heat, then simple stuff to cook, then I took over.
>
>Plus, my parents were divorced and I went to my father's every weekend.
>He was a great cook, and every Saturday evening would have people over
>for supper, so I spent most of my Saturday late afternoons helping him
>in the kitchen.

So even though you seem loathe to actually come out and say so (it was
far more important to say when speaking of your father that your
parents were divorced, as if it's upon he who you heap blame, since
you didn't mention divorce when speaking of your mother, who
constructively abanded a 12 year old) in fact it was your father who
taught you to cook.

>All in all, at 16 yo I was perfectly able to cook a
>full meal. Then when I turned 17, I went to live with my darling
>grandmother (she lived in the town where my college was), and as much
>as I loved her, she was the world's most terrible cook *ever*. She
>also hated cooking, so left it happily in my hands - which means I
>cooked evening meals about 5 times a week from then on., and have
>never stopped :-)

So why is it so many females have so difficult a time ever saying
anything nice about their dads but even though she couldn't cook a
lick it's your "darling" grandmother (who you say you love) who you
imply gets the credit. I bet you never once in your life told your
father you love him. Why couldn't simply say that your father was a
great cook who you credit for teaching you to cook... you could have
omitted all that negativity and especially that divorce drama. Sorry,
but your one sided/lopsided post really ****es me off.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:05:08 -0500, brooklyn1
> wrote:

>Nathalie Chiva wrote:
>>
>>When I was 12, I told my mother I didn't want to eat the school food
>>anymore (it was truly terrible, and I had all the time in the world to
>>come home from school, stay a good hour and a half home, and walk
>>back). She said OK, I could come home, but she could not be there, so
>>I had to cook for myself. Yesssss! She started me off by leaving
>>leftovers to heat, then simple stuff to cook, then I took over.
>>
>>Plus, my parents were divorced and I went to my father's every weekend.
>>He was a great cook, and every Saturday evening would have people over
>>for supper, so I spent most of my Saturday late afternoons helping him
>>in the kitchen.

>So even though you seem loathe to actually come out and say so (it was
>far more important to say when speaking of your father that your
>parents were divorced, as if it's upon he who you heap blame, since
>you didn't mention divorce when speaking of your mother, who
>constructively abanded a 12 year old) in fact it was your father who
>taught you to cook.
>
>>All in all, at 16 yo I was perfectly able to cook a
>>full meal. Then when I turned 17, I went to live with my darling
>>grandmother (she lived in the town where my college was), and as much
>>as I loved her, she was the world's most terrible cook *ever*. She
>>also hated cooking, so left it happily in my hands - which means I
>>cooked evening meals about 5 times a week from then on., and have
>>never stopped :-)

>So why is it so many females have so difficult a time ever saying
>anything nice about their dads but even though she couldn't cook a
>lick it's your "darling" grandmother (who you say you love) who you
>imply gets the credit. I bet you never once in your life told your
>father you love him. Why couldn't simply say that your father was a
>great cook who you credit for teaching you to cook... you could have
>omitted all that negativity and especially that divorce drama. Sorry,
>but your one sided/lopsided post really ****es me off.

Right. Feeling better now? Good.
My parent's divorce was no drama for me, nor was I abandoned by
anyone. You seem to have a few dramas of your own, though ;-)))

Nathalie in Switzerland
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 16:39:01 +0100, Nathalie Chiva
<Nathaliedotchivaatgmail.remove.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:05:08 -0500, brooklyn1
> wrote:
>
>>Nathalie Chiva wrote:
>>>
>>>When I was 12, I told my mother I didn't want to eat the school food
>>>anymore (it was truly terrible, and I had all the time in the world to
>>>come home from school, stay a good hour and a half home, and walk
>>>back). She said OK, I could come home, but she could not be there, so
>>>I had to cook for myself. Yesssss! She started me off by leaving
>>>leftovers to heat, then simple stuff to cook, then I took over.
>>>
>>>Plus, my parents were divorced and I went to my father's every weekend.
>>>He was a great cook, and every Saturday evening would have people over
>>>for supper, so I spent most of my Saturday late afternoons helping him
>>>in the kitchen.

>>So even though you seem loathe to actually come out and say so (it was
>>far more important to say when speaking of your father that your
>>parents were divorced, as if it's upon he who you heap blame, since
>>you didn't mention divorce when speaking of your mother, who
>>constructively abanded a 12 year old) in fact it was your father who
>>taught you to cook.
>>
>>>All in all, at 16 yo I was perfectly able to cook a
>>>full meal. Then when I turned 17, I went to live with my darling
>>>grandmother (she lived in the town where my college was), and as much
>>>as I loved her, she was the world's most terrible cook *ever*. She
>>>also hated cooking, so left it happily in my hands - which means I
>>>cooked evening meals about 5 times a week from then on., and have
>>>never stopped :-)

>>So why is it so many females have so difficult a time ever saying
>>anything nice about their dads but even though she couldn't cook a
>>lick it's your "darling" grandmother (who you say you love) who you
>>imply gets the credit. I bet you never once in your life told your
>>father you love him. Why couldn't simply say that your father was a
>>great cook who you credit for teaching you to cook... you could have
>>omitted all that negativity and especially that divorce drama. Sorry,
>>but your one sided/lopsided post really ****es me off.

>Right. Feeling better now? Good.
>My parent's divorce was no drama for me, nor was I abandoned by
>anyone. You seem to have a few dramas of your own, though ;-)))
>
>Nathalie in Switzerland

If I did have family dramas I wouldn't air them here.
So you admit that you hate your dad... typical Swiss female.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 16:39:01 +0100, Nathalie Chiva wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:05:08 -0500, brooklyn1
> > wrote:
>
>>Nathalie Chiva wrote:
>>>
>>>When I was 12, I told my mother I didn't want to eat the school food
>>>anymore (it was truly terrible, and I had all the time in the world to
>>>come home from school, stay a good hour and a half home, and walk
>>>back). She said OK, I could come home, but she could not be there, so
>>>I had to cook for myself. Yesssss! She started me off by leaving
>>>leftovers to heat, then simple stuff to cook, then I took over.
>>>
>>>Plus, my parents were divorced and I went to my father's every weekend.
>>>He was a great cook, and every Saturday evening would have people over
>>>for supper, so I spent most of my Saturday late afternoons helping him
>>>in the kitchen.

>>So even though you seem loathe to actually come out and say so (it was
>>far more important to say when speaking of your father that your
>>parents were divorced, as if it's upon he who you heap blame, since
>>you didn't mention divorce when speaking of your mother, who
>>constructively abanded a 12 year old) in fact it was your father who
>>taught you to cook.
>>
>>>All in all, at 16 yo I was perfectly able to cook a
>>>full meal. Then when I turned 17, I went to live with my darling
>>>grandmother (she lived in the town where my college was), and as much
>>>as I loved her, she was the world's most terrible cook *ever*. She
>>>also hated cooking, so left it happily in my hands - which means I
>>>cooked evening meals about 5 times a week from then on., and have
>>>never stopped :-)

>>So why is it so many females have so difficult a time ever saying
>>anything nice about their dads but even though she couldn't cook a
>>lick it's your "darling" grandmother (who you say you love) who you
>>imply gets the credit. I bet you never once in your life told your
>>father you love him. Why couldn't simply say that your father was a
>>great cook who you credit for teaching you to cook... you could have
>>omitted all that negativity and especially that divorce drama. Sorry,
>>but your one sided/lopsided post really ****es me off.

> Right. Feeling better now? Good.
> My parent's divorce was no drama for me, nor was I abandoned by
> anyone. You seem to have a few dramas of your own, though ;-)))
>
> Nathalie in Switzerland

the man's a fruitcake of the extremely dense variety.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 13:54:55 -0500, blake murphy
> wrote:

>On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 16:39:01 +0100, Nathalie Chiva wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:05:08 -0500, brooklyn1
>> > wrote:

>>>So even though you seem loathe to actually come out and say so (it was
>>>far more important to say when speaking of your father that your
>>>parents were divorced, as if it's upon he who you heap blame, since
>>>you didn't mention divorce when speaking of your mother, who
>>>constructively abanded a 12 year old) in fact it was your father who
>>>taught you to cook.

>>>So why is it so many females have so difficult a time ever saying
>>>anything nice about their dads but even though she couldn't cook a
>>>lick it's your "darling" grandmother (who you say you love) who you
>>>imply gets the credit. I bet you never once in your life told your
>>>father you love him. Why couldn't simply say that your father was a
>>>great cook who you credit for teaching you to cook... you could have
>>>omitted all that negativity and especially that divorce drama. Sorry,
>>>but your one sided/lopsided post really ****es me off.

>> Right. Feeling better now? Good.
>> My parent's divorce was no drama for me, nor was I abandoned by
>> anyone. You seem to have a few dramas of your own, though ;-)))
>>
>> Nathalie in Switzerland

>the man's a fruitcake of the extremely dense variety.

At least you recognize a man. You're just a meddlesome fruit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 17:43:43 -0500, brooklyn1 wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 13:54:55 -0500, blake murphy
> > wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 16:39:01 +0100, Nathalie Chiva wrote:
>>
>>> On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:05:08 -0500, brooklyn1

>>> Right. Feeling better now? Good.
>>> My parent's divorce was no drama for me, nor was I abandoned by
>>> anyone. You seem to have a few dramas of your own, though ;-)))
>>>
>>> Nathalie in Switzerland

>>the man's a fruitcake of the extremely dense variety.
>>

> At least you recognize a man. You're just a meddlesome fruit.

in this case, i gave you the benefit of the doubt. predictably, you
respond like the sixth grader you are at heart.

blake