Charles Gifford

Default REC: Blue Cheese Dip or Dressing

I just made this again and it is very nice! I ate it with veggies and chips
as well as just on my finger! This time I used "Cowgirl Dairy" blue. I have
gotten to love "Crater Lake Blue" but I don't know the dairy it comes from,
as a friend buys it for me. We have a new SUPER cheese shop that just opened
in Sandy Eggo that is amazing for our area. I hope it gets enough business
to keep going! My friend shops there for me as I do not have the funds to
visit. When I do have some funds I dare not visit because of the fear that I
might spend all my beer money on cheese. I must go soon though as I need to
know if they have a selection of English and Irish Farmhouse cheeses. My
friend is a super person, but not an expert on cheeses. I must bless him
though for going to the remains of our German Sausage Master's shop to buy
some Landjagger for me. It was not ready unfortunately as it need to hang
some more. I love that stuff. It must be the pinnacle of German sausage
making. Sausages: Hmmmmmmmmm. German and Hungarian. Next English Bangers.
That stuff from Italy? They are meat products at best.

Oh, where was I? Ah, yes, use any blue cheese that you like best. Maytag and
Gorgonzola work well. I don't recommend sheep-milk blue for this.

Charlie

BLUE CHEESE DIP-DRESSING

Recipe from: "recipe.wenzel.net"
Posted and notes by: "sprucedale" r.f.c. 02MAY01

1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
1.5 cups sour cream
1 tsp. minced garlic
2 tbs. finely chopped fresh chives (optional but delicious)
1/8 tsp. Tabasco, or to taste

Blend cheese and sour cream together really well. Add remaining ingredients
and stir until blended. Cover and chill (overnight is best to allow flavors
to mingle).

Additional notes: My favorite. I like to take it out of the fridge about 1/2
hour prior to serving. Serve with chicken wings, veggies, chips, almost
anything!

Charlie's note: Use fresh chives! Excellent!

Hahabogus

"Charles Gifford" > wrote in
ink.net:

> I must bless him
> though for going to the remains of our German Sausage Master's shop to
> buy some Landjagger for me.

Nothing as good as a sausage and cheese plate!

--
Starchless in Manitoba.
Christine Dabney

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 02:18:07 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
> wrote:

>I just made this again and it is very nice! I ate it with veggies and chips
>as well as just on my finger! This time I used "Cowgirl Dairy" blue. I have
>gotten to love "Crater Lake Blue" but I don't know the dairy it comes from,
>as a friend buys it for me. We have a new SUPER cheese shop that just opened
>in Sandy Eggo that is amazing for our area. I hope it gets enough business
>to keep going! My friend shops there for me as I do not have the funds to
>visit. When I do have some funds I dare not visit because of the fear that I
>might spend all my beer money on cheese. I must go soon though as I need to
>know if they have a selection of English and Irish Farmhouse cheeses. My
>friend is a super person, but not an expert on cheeses. I must bless him
>though for going to the remains of our German Sausage Master's shop to buy
>some Landjagger for me. It was not ready unfortunately as it need to hang
>some more. I love that stuff. It must be the pinnacle of German sausage
>making. Sausages: Hmmmmmmmmm. German and Hungarian. Next English Bangers.
>That stuff from Italy? They are meat products at best.

Where are these places, Charlie?
Since I am becoming a southern Californian, and will be in Idyllwild
for a bit, starting at week from Monday, I am looking for all the
places like this in southern CA.
Yes, I am willing to go to Sandy Eggo.
I want to know about your great wine store as well.
You can write me privately if you wish.

Christine

Christine Dabney

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 02:18:07 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
> wrote:

>I just made this again and it is very nice! I ate it with veggies and chips
>as well as just on my finger! This time I used "Cowgirl Dairy" blue. I have
>gotten to love "Crater Lake Blue" but I don't know the dairy it comes from,
>as a friend buys it for me. We have a new SUPER cheese shop that just opened
>in Sandy Eggo that is amazing for our area. I hope it gets enough business
>to keep going! My friend shops there for me as I do not have the funds to
>visit. When I do have some funds I dare not visit because of the fear that I
>might spend all my beer money on cheese. I must go soon though as I need to
>know if they have a selection of English and Irish Farmhouse cheeses. My
>friend is a super person, but not an expert on cheeses. I must bless him
>though for going to the remains of our German Sausage Master's shop to buy
>some Landjagger for me. It was not ready unfortunately as it need to hang
>some more. I love that stuff. It must be the pinnacle of German sausage
>making. Sausages: Hmmmmmmmmm. German and Hungarian. Next English Bangers.
>That stuff from Italy? They are meat products at best.

Where are these places, Charlie?
Since I am becoming a southern Californian, and will be in Idyllwild
for a bit, starting at week from Monday, I am looking for all the
places like this in southern CA.
Yes, I am willing to go to Sandy Eggo.
I want to know about your great wine store as well.
You can write me privately if you wish.

Christine

Kevintsheehy

On 10/16/2004, Charlie wrote:

<snip>

>I have gotten to love "Crater Lake Blue" but I don't know the dairy
>it comes from, >as a friend buys it for me.

Rogue?

Kevintsheehy

On 10/16/2004, Charlie wrote:

<snip>

>I have gotten to love "Crater Lake Blue" but I don't know the dairy
>it comes from, >as a friend buys it for me.

Rogue?

Charles Gifford

"Kevintsheehy" > wrote in message
> On 10/16/2004, Charlie wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> >I have gotten to love "Crater Lake Blue" but I don't know the dairy
> >it comes from, >as a friend buys it for me.

> Rogue?

That could well be it. I really wish I hadn't thrown out the lable.

Charlie

Charles Gifford

"Kevintsheehy" > wrote in message
> On 10/16/2004, Charlie wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> >I have gotten to love "Crater Lake Blue" but I don't know the dairy
> >it comes from, >as a friend buys it for me.

> Rogue?

That could well be it. I really wish I hadn't thrown out the lable.

Charlie

Charles Gifford

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message

> Where are these places, Charlie?
> Since I am becoming a southern Californian, and will be in Idyllwild
> for a bit, starting at week from Monday, I am looking for all the
> places like this in southern CA.
> Yes, I am willing to go to Sandy Eggo.
> I want to know about your great wine store as well.
> You can write me privately if you wish.
>
> Christine

The Sausage King is on Washington Blvd. just west of 4th. It is pretty much
shut down now as the German Master Sausage Maker is aged and working much
less. He does get some excellent sausages from an L.A. sausage maker to
suppliment his own.

The new cheese shop is also on Washington, but to the west of 4th. I have
not been there and can't remember the name of it.

The wine shops are, I think, in the Clairmont Mesa - Miramar area. I have
been to one of them, but it was a while ago and I don't actually remember
where it was. One of the shops has thousands of wines. The other has fewer,
but the owner only stocks wines that he has personally tasted and can
recommend. I just this last weekend enjoyed a bottle of Rioja from there
that cost $4.95. It was excellent.

Sorry not to have better information, but my friend does my shopping at
these places for me. I'll try to get the names and addresses for you.

Charlie

Christine Dabney

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:39:54 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
>Sorry not to have better information, but my friend does my shopping at
>these places for me. I'll try to get the names and addresses for you.
>
>Charlie

Thanks! I am looking forward to checking these places out.

Christine

Christine Dabney

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:39:54 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
>Sorry not to have better information, but my friend does my shopping at
>these places for me. I'll try to get the names and addresses for you.
>
>Charlie

Thanks! I am looking forward to checking these places out.

Christine
Christine

"Charles Gifford" > wrote in message
k.net...

> "Kevintsheehy" > wrote in message
>> On 10/16/2004, Charlie wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> >I have gotten to love "Crater Lake Blue" but I don't know the dairy
>> >it comes from, >as a friend buys it for me.

>> Rogue?

> That could well be it. I really wish I hadn't thrown out the lable.
>
> Charlie

It is Rogue... found this doing a google search

Rogue Creamery Crater Lake Blue Cheese

Chris in Pearland, TX (blue cheese lover)

Christine