Zspider

Default Walnut bread recipes?

I've got a recipe for something called a bruchetta. It calls for
toasting walnut bread which I can't find anywhere, so I'd like to make
some. Any easy recipes for walnut bread would be appreciated.

Thank you, Michael
Chef R. W. Miller

Walnut Bread

Yeast walnut bread is made with a food processer. Other additions such as
dried fruit can easily be added to this wholesome bread.

1 egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup warm water
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 envelope dry yeast
3 cups bread flour
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
3 tablespoons walnut oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups walnut halves (6 oz. package)

1 round loaf
3 hours 40 minutes
2 hr 0 mins prep (Prep time includes rising time.)

1. To make glaze: Using a food processor, process egg and 1/2 teaspoon salt
with steel knife for 2 seconds.
2. Remove and set aside but do not clean work bowl before proceeding.
3. To make bread: Grease or oil large bowl and set aside.
4. Combine water, brown sugar and yeast in measuring cup stirring to blend.
5. Let stand until foamy (10 minutes).
6. Using a food processor with steel knife in the same workbowl, combine
2-1/2 cups bread flour, whole wheat flour, oil and salt.
7. While machine is running pour yeast mixture through feed tube and blend
(40 seconds or until dough cleans inside of bowl).
8. *Ifdough is too wet add reserved 1/2 cup flour to bowl (1 tablespoon at a
time until it looks uniformly moiste and elastic).
9. Push dough down onto the blade and add walnuts.
10. Mix 10 seconds.
11. Do not overprocess.
12. Transfer dough to plastic bag and press loose walnuts into dough.
13. Shape dough into ball and transfer to oiled bowl, turning to coat.
14. Cover bowl with damp towel or plastic wrap.
15. Let rise until doubled (1 hour).
16. Grease large baking sheet.
17. Punch dough down.
18. Turn out onto floured bread board.
19. Shape dough into smooth ball.
20. Cover with plastic wrap.
21. Let rise until doubled (40 minutes).
22. Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
23. Slash top of dough twice to make an"x" and brush with glaze.
24. Bake 35-45 minutes or until bread is brown and sounds hollow when
thumped.
"Zspider" > wrote in message
om...
> I've got a recipe for something called a bruchetta. It calls for
> toasting walnut bread which I can't find anywhere, so I'd like to make
> some. Any easy recipes for walnut bread would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you, Michael

Chef R. W. Miller

[...]

"Zspider" > wrote in message
om...
> I've got a recipe for something called a bruchetta. It calls for
> toasting walnut bread which I can't find anywhere, so I'd like to make
> some. Any easy recipes for walnut bread would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you, Michael

Charles Gifford

"Chef R. W. Miller" > wrote in message
m...
> Walnut Bread
>
> Yeast walnut bread is made with a food processer. Other additions such as
> dried fruit can easily be added to this wholesome bread.

An fine looking recipe R. W. Thanks for posting it.

Charlie

Charles Gifford