FoodBanter.com

FoodBanter.com (https://www.foodbanter.com/)
-   General Cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/)
-   -   "SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating supermarket food (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/3841-supermarket-me-documentary-my.html)

mrbog 28-01-2004 10:23 AM

"SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating supermarket food
 
"SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating at
the supermarket.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Jan 27, 2004

I coducted a study of the effects of eating food only from American
supermarkets. The piece is intended to reveal the nature of the
problem of obesity in America.

Over the thirty day period my health deteriorated rapidly. My
cholesterol went up by 59 points, I had problems with my vision, I was
depressed and vomiting, I lost confidence in myself, and I considered
becoming a woman.

The documentary reveals the source of the health problems in America:
fatty foods, sugar-rich foods, insufficient vegetables, mentholyptus,
and mints. The result of eating these foods caused my blood pressure
to increase by 14 pounds per square inch. By the third day, the
vomiting I endured was so frequent and spontaneous that people called
me "projectile boy".

I am submitting my 184 minute feature production to the Cannes Film
Festival, in the hopes that it will get noticed big directors like
Steven Speilberg, James Cameron, Raymond Martino, and Nacho Vidal.

Oh by the way, I only ate corned beef, heavy cream, butter, kosher
salt, and sudafed. But it was all purchased from American
supermarkets. I call it "The American Supermarket Diet".



Does it seem like crappy logic to anyone else? McDonalds has salads,
parfaits, the mclean burger, and probably other stuff I don't know
about because I never eat there myself. (I remember the salads were
actually very good.) You can eat only mcdonalds for thirty days and
end up looking even better than Jared.

Patricia Heil 28-01-2004 03:06 PM

Don't feed the troll "SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my healthproblems from eating supermarket food
 


mrbog wrote:

"SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating at
the supermarket.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Jan 27, 2004

I coducted a study of the effects of eating food only from American
supermarkets. The piece is intended to reveal the nature of the
problem of obesity in America.

Over the thirty day period my health deteriorated rapidly. My
cholesterol went up by 59 points, I had problems with my vision, I was
depressed and vomiting, I lost confidence in myself, and I considered
becoming a woman.

The documentary reveals the source of the health problems in America:
fatty foods, sugar-rich foods, insufficient vegetables, mentholyptus,
and mints. The result of eating these foods caused my blood pressure
to increase by 14 pounds per square inch. By the third day, the
vomiting I endured was so frequent and spontaneous that people called
me "projectile boy".

I am submitting my 184 minute feature production to the Cannes Film
Festival, in the hopes that it will get noticed big directors like
Steven Speilberg, James Cameron, Raymond Martino, and Nacho Vidal.

Oh by the way, I only ate corned beef, heavy cream, butter, kosher
salt, and sudafed. But it was all purchased from American
supermarkets. I call it "The American Supermarket Diet".

Does it seem like crappy logic to anyone else? McDonalds has salads,
parfaits, the mclean burger, and probably other stuff I don't know
about because I never eat there myself. (I remember the salads were
actually very good.) You can eat only mcdonalds for thirty days and
end up looking even better than Jared.


Wayne S. Hill 28-01-2004 03:35 PM

Don't feed the troll "SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating supermarket food
 
Patricia Heil wrote:

mrbog wrote:

Does it seem like crappy logic to anyone else? McDonalds
has salads, parfaits, the mclean burger, and probably other
stuff I don't know about because I never eat there myself.
(I remember the salads were actually very good.) You can
eat only mcdonalds for thirty days and end up looking even
better than Jared.


Where's the trolling? He's right.

--
-Wayne

Mu_n Over Eugenia 28-01-2004 03:42 PM

Don't feed the troll "SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating supermarket food
 
The only troll is you, Heil.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:06:34 -0500, Patricia Heil
wrote:



mrbog wrote:

"SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating at
the supermarket.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Jan 27, 2004

I coducted a study of the effects of eating food only from American
supermarkets. The piece is intended to reveal the nature of the
problem of obesity in America.

Over the thirty day period my health deteriorated rapidly. My
cholesterol went up by 59 points, I had problems with my vision, I was
depressed and vomiting, I lost confidence in myself, and I considered
becoming a woman.

The documentary reveals the source of the health problems in America:
fatty foods, sugar-rich foods, insufficient vegetables, mentholyptus,
and mints. The result of eating these foods caused my blood pressure
to increase by 14 pounds per square inch. By the third day, the
vomiting I endured was so frequent and spontaneous that people called
me "projectile boy".

I am submitting my 184 minute feature production to the Cannes Film
Festival, in the hopes that it will get noticed big directors like
Steven Speilberg, James Cameron, Raymond Martino, and Nacho Vidal.

Oh by the way, I only ate corned beef, heavy cream, butter, kosher
salt, and sudafed. But it was all purchased from American
supermarkets. I call it "The American Supermarket Diet".

Does it seem like crappy logic to anyone else? McDonalds has salads,
parfaits, the mclean burger, and probably other stuff I don't know
about because I never eat there myself. (I remember the salads were
actually very good.) You can eat only mcdonalds for thirty days and
end up looking even better than Jared.



http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap991014.html
Lift well, Eat less, Walk fast, Live long.

mrbog 28-01-2004 08:49 PM

I'm not a "troll" "SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating supermarket food
 
"Wayne S. Hill" wrote in message ...
Patricia Heil wrote:

mrbog wrote:

Does it seem like crappy logic to anyone else? McDonalds
has salads, parfaits, the mclean burger, and probably other
stuff I don't know about because I never eat there myself.
(I remember the salads were actually very good.) You can
eat only mcdonalds for thirty days and end up looking even
better than Jared.


Where's the trolling? He's right.


Actually I never even heard the term "trolling" until now. I just
looked it up at usenet.com. It's where people make posts like
"hitler was right!!" Funny that it's called "trolling"- I mean trolls
are passively evil but doing something like that would is pretty
active...

Robert Klute 28-01-2004 09:03 PM

I'm not a "troll" "SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating supermarket food
 
On 28 Jan 2004 11:49:50 -0800, (mrbog) wrote:


Actually I never even heard the term "trolling" until now. I just
looked it up at usenet.com. It's where people make posts like
"hitler was right!!" Funny that it's called "trolling"- I mean trolls
are passively evil but doing something like that would is pretty
active...


Wrong genre. It is a fishing term. To troll is to fish by trailing a
baited line from behind a slow moving boat.

PENMART01 28-01-2004 09:47 PM

I'm not a "troll" "SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating supermarket f
 
Robert Klute

(mrScumbog) wrote:

Actually I never even heard the term "trolling" until now. I just
looked it up at usenet.com. It's where people make posts like
"hitler was right!!" Funny that it's called "trolling"- I mean trolls
are passively evil but doing something like that would is pretty
active...


Wrong genre. It is a fishing term. To troll is to fish by trailing a
baited line from behind a slow moving boat.


Yup, and mrScumbog caught your slimey ass... now assume the position... bend
over so I can break your cherry, you dumb newbie ass ****.



---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =---
---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````
"Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."


blake murphy 28-01-2004 10:06 PM

"SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating supermarket food
 
On 28 Jan 2004 01:23:03 -0800, (mrbog) wrote:

Does it seem like crappy logic to anyone else? McDonalds has salads,
parfaits, the mclean burger, and probably other stuff I don't know
about because I never eat there myself. (I remember the salads were
actually very good.) You can eat only mcdonalds for thirty days and
end up looking even better than Jared.


i thought the mclean burger was withdrawn due to general cruddiness.

your pal,
blake

Geoff Miller 29-01-2004 12:25 AM

I'm not a "troll" "SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating supermarket food
 


mrbog writes:

Actually I never even heard the term "trolling" until now.
I just looked it up at usenet.com. It's where people
make posts like "hitler was right!!" Funny that it's
called "trolling"- I mean trolls are passively evil but
doing something like that would is pretty active...



Wrong metaphor. Trolling is a type of fishing that involves
running a boat at low speed while trailing a baited hook
through the water. In the Usenet sense, trolling means
"fishing" for emotional responses.

Your "mythical beings who live under bridges and waylay
hapless travelers" interpretation is a common misunder-
standing. It's what causes so many people to erroneously
refer to people who troll as "trolls." The correct term
is *troller.* A troll is a provocative article posted by
a troller, just as a hack is an ingenious stunt performed
by a hacker.



Geoff

--
"Jon is absolutely right just be aware that there
is a good Geoff Miller on the net and then there
is this one at sun microsystems in california."
--

Steve Wertz 29-01-2004 12:43 AM

I'm not a "troll" "SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating supermarket food
 
On 28 Jan 2004 15:25:39 -0800, (Geoff
Miller) wrote:

Wrong metaphor. Trolling is a type of fishing that involves
running a boat at low speed while trailing a baited hook
through the water. In the Usenet sense, trolling means
"fishing" for emotional responses.

Your "mythical beings who live under bridges and waylay
hapless travelers" interpretation is a common misunder-
standing. It's what causes so many people to erroneously
refer to people who troll as "trolls." The correct term
is *troller.* A troll is a provocative article posted by
a troller, just as a hack is an ingenious stunt performed
by a hacker.


Whatsamatta Geoff - Lobotomy? Shock treatments? Body snatchers?

-sw

Atlas 29-01-2004 12:10 PM

I'm not a "troll" "SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating supermarket food
 
On 28 Jan 2004 11:49:50 -0800, (mrbog) wrote:

"Wayne S. Hill" wrote in message ...
Patricia Heil wrote:

mrbog wrote:

Does it seem like crappy logic to anyone else? McDonalds
has salads, parfaits, the mclean burger, and probably other
stuff I don't know about because I never eat there myself.
(I remember the salads were actually very good.) You can
eat only mcdonalds for thirty days and end up looking even
better than Jared.


Where's the trolling? He's right.


Actually I never even heard the term "trolling" until now. I just
looked it up at usenet.com. It's where people make posts like
"hitler was right!!" Funny that it's called "trolling"- I mean trolls
are passively evil but doing something like that would is pretty
active...

Trolling...like troll fishing. Only you "fish" for people to respond
many different ways to amuse yourself. Using the message to lure
people to starting an argument. Noticed there alot of those that love
to get their kicks that way. Waste of talent.

Frogleg 29-01-2004 12:30 PM

"SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating supermarket food
 
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:06:22 GMT, blake murphy
wrote:

On 28 Jan 2004 01:23:03 -0800, (mrbog) wrote:

Does it seem like crappy logic to anyone else? McDonalds has salads,
parfaits, the mclean burger, and probably other stuff I don't know
about because I never eat there myself. (I remember the salads were
actually very good.) You can eat only mcdonalds for thirty days and
end up looking even better than Jared.


i thought the mclean burger was withdrawn due to general cruddiness.


The McLean burger was introduced in 1990 and discontinued in 1996, not
because it was "cruddy," but because people didn't go to fast food
outlets for low-fat food. I had one once. I expect the 2/3rds
reduction of fat was that it had no mayonnaise-based sauce or cheese.

Default User 29-01-2004 05:42 PM

"SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eatingsupermarket food
 
Frogleg wrote:

The McLean burger was introduced in 1990 and discontinued in 1996, not
because it was "cruddy," but because people didn't go to fast food
outlets for low-fat food.



And that's why, in spite of what's-his-name's contention that you can
eat a healthy meal at McDonalds, the docu-editorial was valid. People
don't go there to eat that kind of stuff, they go for the burgers and
fries.



Brian Rodenborn

Top Sirloin 29-01-2004 06:00 PM

"SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating supermarket food
 
On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:05:33 -0600, "Julianne" wrote:

I think the film maker putting out 'Supersize Me' at the Canne's film
festival was actually trying to make a statement about society in general
and the fact that many people don't really consider the health dangers of
eating unhealthy everyday. Big Macs and Meatlover's pizza have become an
every day part of life for many Americans and I think the documentary's
bizarre experiment was designed to shed light on how we overlook the dangers
of fast food because it has become so woven into our lifestyle.


It is interesting to contrast what people eat today with what was the norm for
my middle class family growing up: three meals a day, each with a protein, a
veggie and some bread, and a snack before bed. Cake, pie, pizza, and any fast or
restaurant food was a special treat with maybe a monthly appearance.


--
Scott Johnson
"Always with the excuses for small legs. People like you are
why they only open the top half of caskets." -Tommy Bowen

Julianne 29-01-2004 06:05 PM

"SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating supermarket food
 
I think the film maker putting out 'Supersize Me' at the Canne's film
festival was actually trying to make a statement about society in general
and the fact that many people don't really consider the health dangers of
eating unhealthy everyday. Big Macs and Meatlover's pizza have become an
every day part of life for many Americans and I think the documentary's
bizarre experiment was designed to shed light on how we overlook the dangers
of fast food because it has become so woven into our lifestyle.

Drunk driving is not new but years ago, it was largely overlooked until
awareness of the dangers became a national passion. Cigarette smoking was
acceptable until public awareness increased about the dangers. Without
spending any tax payer monies or putting anyone at risk but himself, the
film maker is just exposing people who may not spend much time thinking
about what they eat to the dangers of overdoing unhealthy food. I think it
is a great film for kids, especially like my son who can eat anything and
still lose weight. He may not get fat but who knows what his arteries look
like or will look like when he hits middle age.

Your parody, while most amusing, addresses individuals making choices and
being accountable. Unless, of course, it isn't a parody and you are really
considering becoming a woman. Now, that would make a really interesting
documentary.

j

"mrbog" wrote in message
om...
"SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating at
the supermarket.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Jan 27, 2004

I coducted a study of the effects of eating food only from American
supermarkets. The piece is intended to reveal the nature of the
problem of obesity in America.

Over the thirty day period my health deteriorated rapidly. My
cholesterol went up by 59 points, I had problems with my vision, I was
depressed and vomiting, I lost confidence in myself, and I considered
becoming a woman.

The documentary reveals the source of the health problems in America:
fatty foods, sugar-rich foods, insufficient vegetables, mentholyptus,
and mints. The result of eating these foods caused my blood pressure
to increase by 14 pounds per square inch. By the third day, the
vomiting I endured was so frequent and spontaneous that people called
me "projectile boy".

I am submitting my 184 minute feature production to the Cannes Film
Festival, in the hopes that it will get noticed big directors like
Steven Speilberg, James Cameron, Raymond Martino, and Nacho Vidal.

Oh by the way, I only ate corned beef, heavy cream, butter, kosher
salt, and sudafed. But it was all purchased from American
supermarkets. I call it "The American Supermarket Diet".



Does it seem like crappy logic to anyone else? McDonalds has salads,
parfaits, the mclean burger, and probably other stuff I don't know
about because I never eat there myself. (I remember the salads were
actually very good.) You can eat only mcdonalds for thirty days and
end up looking even better than Jared.





All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FoodBanter