FoodBanter.com

-   -   Oatmeal Cookies (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/3813-oatmeal-cookies.html)

palelight 26-01-2004 10:39 PM

Oatmeal Cookies

I am looking for the perfect oatmeal cookie recipe. Applesauce, lard,
honey??? I am not sure which will make the cookie moist with sugar
granules still in tact.

The Joneses 03-02-2004 08:47 PM

Oatmeal Cookies

palelight wrote:

> I am looking for the perfect oatmeal cookie recipe. Applesauce, lard,
> honey??? I am not sure which will make the cookie moist with sugar
> granules still in tact.

Well, as a former neighborhood cookie mom, I found by experimentation
that shortening makes a "cakier" softer cookie and butter/margerine
makes a flatter, crispier cookie. And if you can keep them around more
than a day, put a slice of bread or a slice of apple in the jar to keep
the cookies moist.
Edrena