ilaboo

Default brine chicken amount of salt?

i need formulas for salt and water and time for brining chicken/pultry

something like

1 cup of salt 2 pounds of chicken soak for 2 hours ( this may not be
correct but is an example of wht i am looking for)

i find a lot about brineing google but this site i feel might give me
modre info

tia
peter
Gal Called J.J.

One time on Usenet, ilaboo > said:

> i need formulas for salt and water and time for brining chicken/pultry
>
> something like
>
> 1 cup of salt 2 pounds of chicken soak for 2 hours ( this may not be
> correct but is an example of wht i am looking for)

My brine consists of 3 T. kosher salt and 2 quarts cold water;
I use this on 8-10 pieces of cut up frying chicken for 10-12
hours, then rinse thoroughly before frying...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF