FoodBanter.com

-   -   rice flour (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/38037-rice-flour.html)

Phyllis 12-10-2004 09:57 PM

rice flour

There was a discussion awhile back about problems in getting batter to stick
to fried foods, fish, chicken and chicken fried steak. I was watching some
cooking show and they mentioned using a thin coating of rice flour before
dipping or rolling. I bought some and have only used it once, it was chicken
fried steak and I used my usual batter which sometimes has come off. This
time it stuck like glue. Of course the oil has to be hot enough but this
stuff worked very well. They had it in the health food section.