Jess Askin

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >JimLane writes:
> >
> >Cindy Fuller wrote:

do

> >corners.

> >rockets.
> >>>

> >> A few others to add to Grimes's list:
> >>
> >> Any restaurant that advertises itself as "world famous" is best

referred
> >> to as infamous.
> >> A Chinese restaurant (for example) that is devoid of Chinese patrons or
> >> waitstaff.
> >> "Celebrity chef" restaurants with multiple locations across the

country.

> >> Cindy
> >>

> >For that matter, any ethnic restaurant not patronized by members of that
> >group.

> Not really... I've patronized many excellent NYC Chinese Restaurants and

never
> once saw a Chinese patron being served. Of course there are many

excellent
> Chinese restaurants in NYC's Chinatown where you'll see only Chinese

patrons.

The rule is a good one in general, but there are exceptions -- there are a
handful of good French restaurants in the US, for example, despite a
shortage of French people.

Richard Periut

PENMART01 wrote:

>>do

>>referred

>>country.

>>>Not really... I've patronized many excellent NYC Chinese Restaurants and

>>never
>>
>>>once saw a Chinese patron being served. Of course there are many

>>excellent
>>
>>>Chinese restaurants in NYC's Chinatown where you'll see only Chinese

>>patrons.
>>
>>The rule is a good one in general, but there are exceptions -- there are a
>>handful of good French restaurants in the US, for example, despite a
>>shortage of French people.

> There is no shortage of French people in the US (unfortunately). They don't
> eat the food in the so-called French restaurants for precisely the same reason
> the Chinese don't eat in the so-called Chinese restaurants... the French do not
> eat that fercocktah style of cooking nor are they willing to pay those inflated
> prices. Real French cooking in France is nothing like what's served in those
> Americanized hoity-toity joint$... in fact they eat in their homes exactly what
> typical Americans eat at home, no difference whatsoever, none. However the
> French do drink more wine with meals, but then again they need to, to tolerate
> each other, they don't bathe. Other than nasty snails there really is no such
> thing as French Cooking, other than that they name their dishes in the French
> Language... stewed meat and veggies is stewed meat and veggies in any
> language... get my drift.
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

You didn't mention how packed (for breakfast, lunch, and sometimes
supper,) the McDonalds, Burger Kings, et cetera are. Oh, and the
discotheques playing, none other than American music. Oh, and the lines
of people, waiting to see American movies.

I have some French blood in me, but I really have to say that their BO
is overwhelming. In a book store in Paris, my wife (who is super
sensitive to odors) was behind a real smelly (but well dressed,) man,
she started to wretch so much, she almost collapsed, dropped the books,
and we ran out of the store embarrassed. People thought my wife was ill.

Richard Periut (pronounce the R from the throat, and without the T, for
an authentic French pronunciation.) ; )

--
"Dum Spiro, Spero."

As long as I breath, I hope.

Cicero (Ancient Rome)

ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤° `°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸. ><((((º> ·´¯`·. , .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Let there be fish!!!

Gabby

"Richard Periut" > wrote in message
> JimLane wrote:

>> For that matter, any ethnic restaurant not patronized by members of that
>> group.
>>

>> jim

> That's funny. There is a Mexican restaurant in Brooklyn, but owned and
> operated by Chinese.

In a town where I once lived the Mexican restaurant (not a franchise) was
run by an Indian and all the Italian places were run by Greeks.

Gabby

PENMART01

>"Gabby" writes:
>"Richard Periut" > wrote in message
. ..
>> JimLane wrote:

>>> For that matter, any ethnic restaurant not patronized by members of that
>>> group.
>>>

>>> jim

>> That's funny. There is a Mexican restaurant in Brooklyn, but owned and
>> operated by Chinese.

>In a town where I once lived the Mexican restaurant (not a franchise) was
>run by an Indian and all the Italian places were run by Greeks.

In Brentwood, Lung Guyland the Chinese take-outs prepare the best Hispanic
foods, and especially Jamaican... in fact much better than their Chinese menu.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Jess Askin

"PENMART01" > wrote in message

How
> >do

the

> >referred

or

> >country.

that

> >> Not really... I've patronized many excellent NYC Chinese Restaurants

and
> >never
> >> once saw a Chinese patron being served. Of course there are many

> >excellent
> >> Chinese restaurants in NYC's Chinatown where you'll see only Chinese

> >patrons.
> >
> >The rule is a good one in general, but there are exceptions -- there are

> >handful of good French restaurants in the US, for example, despite a
> >shortage of French people.

> There is no shortage of French people in the US (unfortunately). They

don't
> eat the food in the so-called French restaurants for precisely the same

reason
> the Chinese don't eat in the so-called Chinese restaurants... the French

do not
> eat that fercocktah style of cooking nor are they willing to pay those

inflated
> prices. Real French cooking in France is nothing like what's served in

those
> Americanized hoity-toity joint$... in fact they eat in their homes exactly

what
> typical Americans eat at home, no difference whatsoever, none. However

the
> French do drink more wine with meals, but then again they need to, to

tolerate
> each other, they don't bathe. Other than nasty snails there really is no

such
> thing as French Cooking, other than that they name their dishes in the

French
> Language... stewed meat and veggies is stewed meat and veggies in any
> language... get my drift.
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---

Thanks for your post. I'm a newbie here, and it's always good to find out
who the jackasses are.

Jess Askin

"PENMART01" > wrote in message

How
> >do

the

> >referred

or

> >country.

that

> >> Not really... I've patronized many excellent NYC Chinese Restaurants

and
> >never
> >> once saw a Chinese patron being served. Of course there are many

> >excellent
> >> Chinese restaurants in NYC's Chinatown where you'll see only Chinese

> >patrons.
> >
> >The rule is a good one in general, but there are exceptions -- there are

> >handful of good French restaurants in the US, for example, despite a
> >shortage of French people.

> There is no shortage of French people in the US (unfortunately). They

don't
> eat the food in the so-called French restaurants for precisely the same

reason
> the Chinese don't eat in the so-called Chinese restaurants... the French

do not
> eat that fercocktah style of cooking nor are they willing to pay those

inflated
> prices. Real French cooking in France is nothing like what's served in

those
> Americanized hoity-toity joint$... in fact they eat in their homes exactly

what
> typical Americans eat at home, no difference whatsoever, none. However

the
> French do drink more wine with meals, but then again they need to, to

tolerate
> each other, they don't bathe. Other than nasty snails there really is no

such
> thing as French Cooking, other than that they name their dishes in the

French
> Language... stewed meat and veggies is stewed meat and veggies in any
> language... get my drift.
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---

Thanks for your post. I'm a newbie here, and it's always good to find out
who the jackasses are.

Michael Odom

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:49:20 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> wrote:

>> ANY Italian restaurant where the pizza maker is oriental.
>>

>How do you know his mom isn't from Italy?
>
>Jack Fooled

I once bought pizza from an Asian guy in Toronto. He communicated
with the guys in the kitchen in what sounded like Cantonese to me and
handing me my order said: "Have a good evening, eh?" in a perfect
Great White North Canadian accent.

I was hungry and the pizza tasted fine.

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore
Michael Odom

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:49:20 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> wrote:

>> ANY Italian restaurant where the pizza maker is oriental.
>>

>How do you know his mom isn't from Italy?
>
>Jack Fooled

I once bought pizza from an Asian guy in Toronto. He communicated
with the guys in the kitchen in what sounded like Cantonese to me and
handing me my order said: "Have a good evening, eh?" in a perfect
Great White North Canadian accent.

I was hungry and the pizza tasted fine.

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore
Jess Askin

"Kswck" > wrote in message
t...

> "Cindy Fuller" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > (PENMART01) wrote:
> >
> >> Shortcut to: Identifying a Bad Restaurant
> >> Just because you're a tourist doesn't mean you should eat like one. How
> >> do
> >> you
> >> know if a place isn't worth your patronage? William Grimes, a former
> >> restaurant
> >> critic for the New York Times, serves up 10 warning signs.
> >>
> >> 1. The name of the restaurant is followed by an exclamation point.
> >> 2. It's called Bubba's Down-Home Barbecue -- and it's in Boston.
> >> 3. Out front, there's a big plastic chef holding a menu.
> >> 4. The wine list is bound in tooled leather and has tassels.
> >> 5. The cuisine is Chinese, Japanese, and Italian.
> >> 6. The review in the window has yellowed and started to curl at the
> >> corners.
> >> 7. The restaurant revolves.
> >> 8. The words "buffet," "all you can eat," or "salad bar" appear in the
> >> window.
> >> 9. The waiters are carrying pepper mills the size of shoulder-fired
> >> rockets.
> >> 10. The word "decadent" is used to describe any dessert.
> >>

> > A few others to add to Grimes's list:
> >
> > Any restaurant that advertises itself as "world famous" is best referred
> > to as infamous.
> > A Chinese restaurant (for example) that is devoid of Chinese patrons or
> > waitstaff.
> > "Celebrity chef" restaurants with multiple locations across the country.
> >
> > Cindy
> >
> > --
> > C.J. Fuller
> >
> > Delete the obvious to email me

> ANY Italian restaurant where the pizza maker is oriental.

Best soul food I ever had, bar none, was in a place run by a Chinese
gentleman. Those ribs were juicy...

baker

"Jess Askin" > wrote in
:

> "PENMART01" > wrote in message

> How
>> >do

> the

>> >referred

> or
>> >country.

> that

> and
>> >never
>> >excellent
>> >patrons.
>> >
>> >The rule is a good one in general, but there are exceptions -- there
>> >are

>> >handful of good French restaurants in the US, for example, despite a
>> >shortage of French people.

>> There is no shortage of French people in the US (unfortunately).
>> They

> don't
>> eat the food in the so-called French restaurants for precisely the
>> same

> reason
>> the Chinese don't eat in the so-called Chinese restaurants... the
>> French

> do not
>> eat that fercocktah style of cooking nor are they willing to pay
>> those

> inflated
>> prices. Real French cooking in France is nothing like what's served
>> in

> those
>> Americanized hoity-toity joint$... in fact they eat in their homes
>> exactly

> what
>> typical Americans eat at home, no difference whatsoever, none.
>> However

> the
>> French do drink more wine with meals, but then again they need to, to

> tolerate
>> each other, they don't bathe. Other than nasty snails there really
>> is no

> such
>> thing as French Cooking, other than that they name their dishes in
>> the

> French
>> Language... stewed meat and veggies is stewed meat and veggies in any
>> language... get my drift.
>>

>> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
>> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---

> Thanks for your post. I'm a newbie here, and it's always good to find
> out who the jackasses are.

It's good luck when you find the biggest one first!

--
It's me, Baker!

When the Chips are Down,
the Buffalo is Empty.