Old 23-01-2004, 07:55 PM
Dennis G.

Default Food poisoning

I had meatloaf at a restaurant yesterday about 5 pm. About 1:30am, I started
violent contractions whic have reduced to controllable.

Is 5 to 1:30 too short for the meatloaf to be the source ?

Dennis

Old 23-01-2004, 08:18 PM
Frank Mancuso

Dennis G. wrote:
I had meatloaf at a restaurant yesterday about 5 pm. About 1:30am, I started
violent contractions whic have reduced to controllable.

Is 5 to 1:30 too short for the meatloaf to be the source ?

Dennis

That's about right-sometimes even sooner!

Old 23-01-2004, 08:41 PM
PENMART01

Dennis G.

I had meatloaf at a restaurant.

Hmmm, mystery meat loaf... from a restaurant no less... you're lucky to be
alive.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Old 23-01-2004, 10:38 PM
jmcquown

PENMART01 wrote:
Dennis G.

I had meatloaf at a restaurant.

Hmmm, mystery meat loaf... from a restaurant no less... you're lucky
to be alive.

Silly, it depends on the restaurant. Denny's I would not trust. A Mom
& Pop shop, yes, I sure would.

Old 23-01-2004, 10:50 PM
Dave Smith

"Dennis G." wrote:

I had meatloaf at a restaurant yesterday about 5 pm. About 1:30am, I started
violent contractions whic have reduced to controllable.

Is 5 to 1:30 too short for the meatloaf to be the source ?

It fits right into the 6-8 hour slot that is typical of food poisoning. I got a
dose of it once after eating a chilidog in the restaurant of a department store
where I worked part time. It hit me about 6 hours later. I started filling ill as
I was leaving. I barely made it to the house, ran down the hall and puked my guts
out. I was there for the next five hours, heaving and retching until I thought my
guts were turning inside out. That was more than 30 years ago and I haven't eaten
a chilidog since, or any other kind of mystery meat in restaurants. It also made
me very wary of leftovers, which pleases my dogs greatly.

Old 23-01-2004, 11:03 PM
Kate ......

jmcquown wrote:

PENMART01 wrote:
Dennis G.

I had meatloaf at a restaurant.

Hmmm, mystery meat loaf... from a restaurant no less... you're lucky
to be alive.

Silly, it depends on the restaurant. Denny's I would not trust. A Mom
& Pop shop, yes, I sure would.

I know one thing , I will never eat another bite at Denny's to my dying day. I
got a case of food poisoning after eating a turkey sandwich / mashed potato
meals. ( gravy over all ) I thought I'd die and kinda hoped I would. I sure
do feel sorry for what you are going through. Hug , Kate

Old 23-01-2004, 11:29 PM
Puester

"Dennis G." wrote:

I had meatloaf at a restaurant yesterday about 5 pm. About 1:30am, I started
violent contractions whic have reduced to controllable.

Is 5 to 1:30 too short for the meatloaf to be the source ?

Dennis

Not necessarily, but there's also a strain of
"GI flu" going around that mimics fod poisoning.

gloria p
Old 24-01-2004, 01:28 AM
Gregory Toomey

Dennis G. wrote:

I had meatloaf at a restaurant yesterday about 5 pm. About 1:30am, I
started violent contractions whic have reduced to controllable.

Is 5 to 1:30 too short for the meatloaf to be the source ?

Dennis

Similar timing that I had after eeating a "fresh pasta" dish at a
restaurant.

I ended up having to go to hospital & was seeing doctors for six months. So
take food poisioning seriously.

gtoomey
Old 24-01-2004, 08:21 AM
Dennis G.

Dennis G. wrote:

I had meatloaf at a restaurant yesterday about 5 pm. About 1:30am, I started
violent contractions whic have reduced to controllable.

Is 5 to 1:30 too short for the meatloaf to be the source ?

Dennis

Thanks for all the replies.
30 hours since I ate anything and counting.
Doc says to flush it with water, 7-up.
I am feeling much, much, much better, but not at all hungry.

Dennis

Old 24-01-2004, 11:39 AM
jmcquown

Dennis G. wrote:
Dennis G. wrote:

I had meatloaf at a restaurant yesterday about 5 pm. About 1:30am,
I started violent contractions whic have reduced to controllable.

Is 5 to 1:30 too short for the meatloaf to be the source ?

Dennis

Thanks for all the replies.
30 hours since I ate anything and counting.
Doc says to flush it with water, 7-up.
I am feeling much, much, much better, but not at all hungry.

Dennis

It's the poor-man's answer to a quick fad diet. You'll lose about 5 lbs.
Glad you're feeling better!

Jill

Old 24-01-2004, 12:34 PM
Frogleg

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:55:59 GMT, Dennis G. wrote:

I had meatloaf at a restaurant yesterday about 5 pm. About 1:30am, I started
violent contractions whic have reduced to controllable.

Is 5 to 1:30 too short for the meatloaf to be the source ?

One problem with "food poisoning" is that unless there's a rather
large number of people sickened by the same substance (green onions at
Chi-Chi's), and they require hospital treatment and diagnostic tests,
it's difficult to determine the cause.

This site:

http://www.vdacs.state.va.us/foodsafety/poisoning.html

conveniently includes the onset time of various foodbourne illnesses.
Old 25-01-2004, 02:31 AM
Arri London

jmcquown wrote:

Dennis G. wrote:
Dennis G. wrote:

I had meatloaf at a restaurant yesterday about 5 pm. About 1:30am,
I started violent contractions whic have reduced to controllable.

Is 5 to 1:30 too short for the meatloaf to be the source ?

Dennis

Thanks for all the replies.
30 hours since I ate anything and counting.
Doc says to flush it with water, 7-up.
I am feeling much, much, much better, but not at all hungry.

Dennis

It's the poor-man's answer to a quick fad diet. You'll lose about 5 lbs.
Glad you're feeling better!

Jill

If not more than that. Last time I had food poisoning (from mussels),
took six weeks to get back to a normal diet. Lost about 20 lbs by that
point.
Old 25-01-2004, 03:11 AM
Richard Periut

Frank Mancuso wrote:
Dennis G. wrote:

I had meatloaf at a restaurant yesterday about 5 pm. About 1:30am, I
started
violent contractions whic have reduced to controllable.

Is 5 to 1:30 too short for the meatloaf to be the source ?
Dennis

That's about right-sometimes even sooner!

It all depends on the syndrome involved. Pre formed staph poison can
start producing symptoms in an hour or two. Shigella and other bacteria,
have to grow and invade to produce disease. Shellfish poisoning can
start in less than an hour.

Rich

Dum spiro, spero. (Cicero) As long as I breathe, I hope.

Old 25-01-2004, 09:39 PM
jmcquown

Kate ...... wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

PENMART01 wrote:
Dennis G.

I had meatloaf at a restaurant.

Hmmm, mystery meat loaf... from a restaurant no less... you're lucky
to be alive.

Silly, it depends on the restaurant. Denny's I would not trust.
A Mom & Pop shop, yes, I sure would.

I know one thing , I will never eat another bite at Denny's to my
dying day. I got a case of food poisoning after eating a turkey
sandwich / mashed potato meals. ( gravy over all ) I thought I'd die
and kinda hoped I would. I sure do feel sorry for what you are going
through. Hug , Kate

I've never actually eaten at a Denny's. We tried. I've read all sorts of
things about descrimination lawsuits being filed against them. We
experienced reverse descrimination while trying to have breakfast there
once. We were seated and given menus. A table of 6 were seated after us,
got their drinks then their food. We'd sat there for 30 minutes with only
water after about 15 minutes some coffee. The waiter was very apologetic,
but at 30 minutes Ray got disgusted. He tossed $5 on the table for the
waiter and we got up to leave. At that point the manager came rushing over,
is something wrong? Yeah, something is wrong. We're the wrong color.
(sigh)

Jill

Food and Drug Administration Takes on Food Poisoning With Sweeping Reforms Janet B General Cooking 10 11-09-2015 06:18 PM
Food Poisoning PolicySpy General Cooking 1 03-06-2011 12:53 AM
food poisoning sherry General Cooking 1 21-01-2007 02:20 AM
food poisoning sherry General Cooking 8 20-01-2007 11:19 PM
Food poisoning outbreaks kr0 Sushi 1 01-08-2005 11:58 AM