TOM KAN PA

Default What do these foods have in common???

a local radio station posed the following question:

What do these three foods have in common only with each other?
Supposedly no other foods share this connection.

The foods are .........popcorn, eggs, and chocolate.

Your guess is as good as mine, I don't have the answer.

Lawrence Gilburtson

well, i know that pop[corn and eggs don;t melt when heat is appllied, don;t
know where the chocolate fits in...LG

"TOM KAN PA" > wrote in message
> a local radio station posed the following question:
>
> What do these three foods have in common only with each other?
> Supposedly no other foods share this connection.
>
> The foods are .........popcorn, eggs, and chocolate.
>
> Your guess is as good as mine, I don't have the answer.

Gabby

"TOM KAN PA" > wrote in message
> a local radio station posed the following question:
>
> What do these three foods have in common only with each other?
> Supposedly no other foods share this connection.
>
> The foods are .........popcorn, eggs, and chocolate.
>
> Your guess is as good as mine, I don't have the answer.

Seeds?

Gabby

Rick & Cyndi

"Gabby" > wrote in message
:
: "TOM KAN PA" > wrote in message
: ...
: > a local radio station posed the following question:
: >
: > What do these three foods have in common only with each
other?
: > Supposedly no other foods share this connection.
: >
: > The foods are .........popcorn, eggs, and chocolate.
: >
: > Your guess is as good as mine, I don't have the answer.
:
: Seeds?
:
: Gabby
:
: ========

That was my guess too - they all are derived from seeds.

--
Cyndi
<Remove a "b" to reply>

Saerah

Rick & Cyndi wrote in message ...
>"Gabby" > wrote in message
>:
>: "TOM KAN PA" > wrote in message
>: ...
>: > a local radio station posed the following question:
>: >
>: > What do these three foods have in common only with each
>other?
>: > Supposedly no other foods share this connection.
>: >
>: > The foods are .........popcorn, eggs, and chocolate.
>: >
>: > Your guess is as good as mine, I don't have the answer.
>:
>: Seeds?
>:
>: Gabby
>:
>: ========
>
>That was my guess too - they all are derived from seeds.
>

>--

but *lots* of foods are derived from seeds.

--
Saerah

TANSTAAFL

Hangovers only last a day, but a good drinking story lives on forever....

Peter Aitken

"Saerah" > wrote in message

> Rick & Cyndi wrote in message ...
> >"Gabby" > wrote in message
> >:
> >: "TOM KAN PA" > wrote in message
> >: ...
> >: > a local radio station posed the following question:
> >: >
> >: > What do these three foods have in common only with each
> >other?
> >: > Supposedly no other foods share this connection.
> >: >
> >: > The foods are .........popcorn, eggs, and chocolate.
> >: >
> >: > Your guess is as good as mine, I don't have the answer.
> >:
> >: Seeds?
> >:
> >: Gabby
> >:
> >That was my guess too - they all are derived from seeds.
> >

> but *lots* of foods are derived from seeds.

And eggs are not.

--
Peter Aitken

Rick & Cyndi

"Peter Aitken" > wrote in message
: "Saerah" > wrote in message
: ...
: >
: > Rick & Cyndi wrote in message ...
: > >"Gabby" > wrote in message
: > ...
: > >:
: > >: "TOM KAN PA" > wrote in message
: > >: ...
: > >: > a local radio station posed the following question:
: > >: >
: > >: > What do these three foods have in common only with each
: > >other?
: > >: > Supposedly no other foods share this connection.
: > >: >
: > >: > The foods are .........popcorn, eggs, and chocolate.
: > >: >
: > >: > Your guess is as good as mine, I don't have the answer.
: > >:
: > >: Seeds?
: > >:
: > >: Gabby
: > >:
: > >That was my guess too - they all are derived from seeds.
: > >
: >
: > but *lots* of foods are derived from seeds.
: >
:
: And eggs are not.
:
:
: --
: Peter Aitken
=============

Aren't eggs formed from the "seed" of a chicken, as in a
child/fetus begins from the "seed" of a woman?

--
Cyndi
<Remove a "b" to reply>

Nancy Young

Rick & Cyndi wrote:

> "Gabby" > wrote in message
> :
> : "TOM KAN PA" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : > a local radio station posed the following question:
> : >
> : > What do these three foods have in common only with each
> other?
> : > Supposedly no other foods share this connection.
> : >
> : > The foods are .........popcorn, eggs, and chocolate.
> : >
> : > Your guess is as good as mine, I don't have the answer.
> :
> : Seeds?
> :
> : Gabby
> :
> : ========
>
> That was my guess too - they all are derived from seeds.

Okay, where is everyone getting those egg seeds?

nancy
BOB

Nancy Young wrote:
> Rick & Cyndi wrote:

>>> Seeds?
>>>
>>> Gabby
>>>
>>> ========

>> That was my guess too - they all are derived from seeds.

> Okay, where is everyone getting those egg seeds?
>
> nancy

Eggplant?

BOB

Nancy Young

BOB wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:

> > Okay, where is everyone getting those egg seeds?

> Eggplant?

(laughing!) That cracked me up, no pun intended.

nancy
Bob Westcott

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:21:57 -0500, " BOB" > wrote:

>Nancy Young wrote:
>> Rick & Cyndi wrote:

>>> That was my guess too - they all are derived from seeds.

>> Okay, where is everyone getting those egg seeds?
>>
>> nancy

>Eggplant?
>
>BOB

BRAVO!!!!!....long time since I laughed that hard.....
Peter Aitken

"Rick & Cyndi" > wrote in message
newsodQb.3637$U%5.20363@attbi_s03...
> "Peter Aitken" > wrote in message
> : "Saerah" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : >
> : > Rick & Cyndi wrote in message ...
> : > >"Gabby" > wrote in message
> : > ...
> : > >:
> : > >: "TOM KAN PA" > wrote in message
> : > >: ...
> : > >: > a local radio station posed the following question:
> : > >: >
> : > >: > What do these three foods have in common only with each
> : > >other?
> : > >: > Supposedly no other foods share this connection.
> : > >: >
> : > >: > The foods are .........popcorn, eggs, and chocolate.
> : > >: >
> : > >: > Your guess is as good as mine, I don't have the answer.
> : > >:
> : > >: Seeds?
> : > >:
> : > >: Gabby
> : > >:
> : > >That was my guess too - they all are derived from seeds.
> : > >
> : >
> : > but *lots* of foods are derived from seeds.
> : >
> :
> : And eggs are not.
> :
> :
> : --
> : Peter Aitken
> =============
>
> Aren't eggs formed from the "seed" of a chicken, as in a
> child/fetus begins from the "seed" of a woman?

I have seen "seed" used in this poetic/biblical way but the word is properly
used to refer to plants only.

--
Peter Aitken

Peter Aitken

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> Rick & Cyndi wrote:
> >
> > "Gabby" > wrote in message
> > :
> > : "TOM KAN PA" > wrote in message
> > : ...
> > : > a local radio station posed the following question:
> > : >
> > : > What do these three foods have in common only with each
> > other?
> > : > Supposedly no other foods share this connection.
> > : >
> > : > The foods are .........popcorn, eggs, and chocolate.
> > : >
> > : > Your guess is as good as mine, I don't have the answer.
> > :
> > : Seeds?
> > :
> > : Gabby
> > :
> > : ========
> >
> > That was my guess too - they all are derived from seeds.

> Okay, where is everyone getting those egg seeds?
>
> nancy

Right! I want to plant an egg tree!

--
Peter Aitken

Puester

TOM KAN PA wrote:

> a local radio station posed the following question:
>
> What do these three foods have in common only with each other?
> Supposedly no other foods share this connection.
>
> The foods are .........popcorn, eggs, and chocolate.
>
> Your guess is as good as mine, I don't have the answer.

They're all addictive...except for the eggs.

;-)
gloria p
Dave Smith

Rick & Cyndi wrote:

> That was my guess too - they all are derived from seeds.

I have never seen egg seeds

Charlene Charette

TOM KAN PA wrote:
> a local radio station posed the following question:
>
> What do these three foods have in common only with each other?
> Supposedly no other foods share this connection.
>
> The foods are .........popcorn, eggs, and chocolate.
>
> Your guess is as good as mine, I don't have the answer.

My best guess -- these were all involved in Percey Spencer's experiments
which lead to the microwave oven.

--Charlene

--
THE SHRIMP
A shirmp who sought his lady shrimp

--

email perronnelle at earthlink . net

Kathleen Dughman

All were first used by Maya Indians of Mexico and Central Americia
kathleen Dughman

Arri London

TOM KAN PA wrote:

> a local radio station posed the following question:
>
> What do these three foods have in common only with each other?
> Supposedly no other foods share this connection.
>
> The foods are .........popcorn, eggs, and chocolate.
>
> Your guess is as good as mine, I don't have the answer.

All involved in the development of the microwave oven.

Charlene Charette

Kathleen Dughman wrote:
> All were first used by Maya Indians of Mexico and Central Americia
> kathleen Dughman

Yes, but I'm sure the Mayans had other foods, too.

--Charlene

--
THE SHRIMP
A shirmp who sought his lady shrimp
Could catch no glimpse,
Not even a glimp.
At times, translucence
Is rather a nuisance.
--Ogden Nash

--

email perronnelle at earthlink . net

Terry Pulliam Burd

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:21:57 -0500, " BOB" >
arranged random neurons, so they looked like this:

>Nancy Young wrote:
>> Rick & Cyndi wrote:

>>> That was my guess too - they all are derived from seeds.

>> Okay, where is everyone getting those egg seeds?
>>
>> nancy

>Eggplant?

OMG, that's it, Bob - go to your room! And stay there until you learn
to post spew alerts!

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd...bwahahahaha!
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
good dinner." Anonymous.

To reply, remove replace "shcox" with "cox"
BOB

Nancy Young wrote:
> BOB wrote:
>>
>> Nancy Young wrote:

>>> Okay, where is everyone getting those egg seeds?

>> Eggplant?

> (laughing!) That cracked me up, no pun intended.
>
> nancy

LOL!

Glad to be able to add a little humor.

BOB
besides, the Devil made me do it

zxcvbob

(TOM KAN PA) wrote:

>>>a local radio station posed the following question:
>>>
>>>What do these three foods have in common only with each other?
>>>Supposedly no other foods share this connection.
>>>
>>>The foods are .........popcorn, eggs, and chocolate.
>>>
>>>Your guess is as good as mine, I don't have the answer.

>>Sources of common allergies.

> Yeah, but so are a bunch of other stuff -- tomatoes, shrimp, peanuts...
>
> Miche

It's the microwave oven thing.

Best regards,
Bob
sf

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 17:01:41 GMT, "Rick & Cyndi"
> wrote:

> That was my guess too - they all are derived from seeds.

Although an egg is constructed like a seed, I've never heard
it classified as one.

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Miche
> wrote:

> > Sources of common allergies.

> Yeah, but so are a bunch of other stuff -- tomatoes, shrimp, peanuts...
>
> Miche

I forgot about that part. :-)
--
-Barb
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail;
WardNA

>Aren't eggs formed from the "seed" of a chicken,

No: eggs ARE the seed of a chicken.
WardNA

>Popcorn and chocolate are both contributions of the Americas to
>western diets (neither is native to Europe, Africa, or Asia). Eggs
>don't fit though.
>
>Interesting question....

.. . . but so are many other foods, including conventional corn (and wild rice,
and cranberries, and turkey, and . . .).

WardNA

>All were first used by Maya Indians of Mexico and Central Americia

The Mayans may have used eggs, but they didn't use chicken eggs, and eggs (from
other birds than chickens, which were a classical-era introduction from India)
themselves have been used by European peoples since prehistoric times.
kilikini

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> BOB wrote:
> >
> > Nancy Young wrote:

> > > Okay, where is everyone getting those egg seeds?

> > Eggplant?

> (laughing!) That cracked me up, no pun intended.
>
> nancy

Oh lordy you guys are so funny! Thanks for the laugh!
kilikini

Nancy Young

Jeff Bienstadt wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:
>
> > BOB wrote:

> >> Eggplant?

> > (laughing!) That cracked me up, no pun intended.
> >
> > nancy

> Nice to see you coming out of your shell...

I'm scrambling my brains trying to think of a comeback. My brain is
fried.

nancy
Puester

Jeff Bienstadt wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:
>
> > BOB wrote:

> >> Eggplant?

> > (laughing!) That cracked me up, no pun intended.
> >
> > nancy

> Nice to see you coming out of your shell...
>
> ---jkb
>
> --

The yolk's on you....

gloria p
Jeff Bienstadt

Nancy Young wrote:

> Jeff Bienstadt wrote:
>>
>> Nancy Young wrote:

>> > (laughing!) That cracked me up, no pun intended.
>> >
>> > nancy

>> Nice to see you coming out of your shell...

> I'm scrambling my brains trying to think of a comeback. My brain is
> fried.

Maybe it's been coddled too long?

---jkb

--
"Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect