maymay

Default the best Vietnamese restaurant in OC is...

Is located in Anaheim, about 1.5miles from Disneyland. Pho Republic
Noodles & Grill is their name. This is the only place I found that
serves authentic, authentic Vietnamese food in a clean, elegant
ambience with great service. They have a very extensive menu that are
appreciated by both Vietnamese and Westerners alike. Check out their
review on AOL Digital City. Check out City Search for a discount, or
check out their website www.pho-republic.com
Doug Cutler

I was in DC last weekend. As usual I was looking for a new place to eat and
found a well reviewed Vietnamese restaurant near Falls Church, Huong Que
Restaurant (6769 Wilson Blvd, Falls Church, 703-538-6717). It turns out
that it was located in a Vietnamese shopping center, one of many restaurants
and plenty of other food, video and general stores. I was very disappointed
with the food, the soup Asparagus and Crab, while having a good flavor was
only just warm and so was my main dish, Chicken with Lemon Grass, it also
tasted like Chicken and Onions with way too many Onions. Now I do find that
when eating alone I often do not get the best service or food and I will try
the place again sometime with a companion. There are many menu items for 2,
3, or 4 people that looked quite interesting and that may be the way you
should go.
Just about next door was a pastry shop that specialized in Moon Cakes, there
was no English description of ingredients in the store (it was on the boxes
if you could get at one). I finally found someone who would talk to me in
Eglish and bought a box with Egg Yolk and Nuts as filling. They are the
best Moon Cakes I have ever tasted.
For what it is worth,
Doug

"maymay" > wrote in message
om...
> Is located in Anaheim, about 1.5miles from Disneyland. Pho Republic
> Noodles & Grill is their name. This is the only place I found that
> serves authentic, authentic Vietnamese food in a clean, elegant
> ambience with great service. They have a very extensive menu that are
> appreciated by both Vietnamese and Westerners alike. Check out their
> review on AOL Digital City. Check out City Search for a discount, or
> check out their website www.pho-republic.com

MrAoD

Doug Cutler writes:

>I was in DC last weekend. As usual I was looking for a new place to eat and
>found a well reviewed Vietnamese restaurant near Falls Church, Huong Que
>Restaurant (6769 Wilson Blvd, Falls Church, 703-538-6717). It turns out
>that it was located in a Vietnamese shopping center,

Eden Center, about a mile and a half from my house. The food in the
restaurants in that shopping center is very authentic and therefore not always
to Western tastes. For more Americanized palates I'll suggest the Clarendon
area of Arlington, about 4 miles east on Wilson. Queen Bee used to be the
go-to place but they've gotten sloppy in the past five years or so. There are
at least five other Vietnamese restaurants within crawling distance so you can
take your pick easily. Also some Central American restaurants so if you're not
in the mood for Viet cuisine you can take your choice.

I highly recommend Rocklands, a grill/BBQ restaurant, but only if you're taking
out as they haven't much place to sit. Again, on Wilson.

Around the corner (Wilson and Washington, NE corner) is a very good sushi joint
and a couple of unevaluated middle eastern restaurants.

Down Washington is the Lebanese Taverna - great place to dine, excellent food
and a decent atmosphere. Washington and Mckinley St. Across from that is a
Thai joint, pretty good.

Back in Clarendon, if you're in the mood for chili, try Hard Times Cafe. The
vegetarian Cincinnati is nice and spicy. Order the 4-way,
onions-cheese-noodles-extra wet. Just the think when the sinuses need
clearing.

Best,

Marc