Jayde

Default Drip pans

Can I use a pie tin as a drip pan in the bbq? I'm concerned that it
may be a bit thin.
Mark Thorson

Jayde wrote:

> Can I use a pie tin as a drip pan in the bbq? I'm concerned
> that it may be a bit thin.

I'd be more concerned it might melt. You can easily
reach temperatures in a barbeque that can melt
aluminum.

jmagerl

I have never had a problem with the foil pans in my ECB. I get them at Sams
club.

"Jayde" > wrote in message
> Can I use a pie tin as a drip pan in the bbq? I'm concerned that it
> may be a bit thin.

Harry Demidavicius

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 20:55:01 GMT, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

>Jayde wrote:
>
>> Can I use a pie tin as a drip pan in the bbq? I'm concerned
>> that it may be a bit thin.

>I'd be more concerned it might melt. You can easily
>reach temperatures in a barbeque that can melt
>aluminum.

So How do you deal with the Weber tin foil pans, then? They work fine
in my world.

Harry

jmagerl

melting point of aluminum is 660 degrees C or 1220 degrees F. Well above any
temperature in a grill. Those temperatures could be achieved by direct
contact with the coals as evidenced by throwing a aluminum soda can into a
fire. Once cooled you find nothing but a small nugget in the ashes. IF used
as a drip pan however, your food would be ashes long before the pan melted.