Pennyaline

Default Culinary Encyclopedia?

"Eric" wrote:

> Several years ago, while browsing a bookstore, I happened upon a book by The International
> Culinary Association called The Culinary Encyclopedia. This book was great. Not only did it
> contain recipes, but also the history and origins of the particular dishs in it. I bought the book for a > whopping $250.00, money well spent. In a recent move, I have lost the book and can find nowhere > to buy it. I have searched the internet and can find no references to that particular one, nor can I
> find any reference to the International Culinary Association. If anyone has this book, I would be
> forever grateful if you could forward the Publishers information from the book. You will know this is > the book by looking on the back cover under the UPC bar-code, It has $250.00 printed under it.
> Any leads would be helpful.

Try http://tinyurl.com/2qz9h for Larousse Gastronomique: The World's Greatest Culinary Encyclopedia. I cannot find the International Culinary Association, but I can find many names similar to it.

kilikini

>"Eric" > wrote in message

>Several years ago, while browsing a bookstore, I happened upon a book by

The International Culinary Association called The Culinary Encyclopedia.
This book >was great. Not only did it contain recipes, but also the history
and origins of the particular dishs in it. I bought the book for a whopping
$250.00, money well >spent. In a recent move, I have lost the book and can
find nowhere to buy it. I have searched the internet and can find no
references to that particular one, nor >can I find any reference to the
International Culinary Association. If anyone has this book, I would be
forever grateful if you could forward the Publishers >information from the
book. You will know this is the book by looking on the back cover under the
UPC bar-code, It has $250.00 printed under it.

>Any leads would be helpful.

I have this book and it's GREAT! If anyone needs anything looked up, please
don't hesitate to ask. It's got everything you've heard of and many many
things that you haven't.

Kilikini

Reg

kilikini wrote:

> I have this book and it's GREAT! If anyone needs anything looked up, please
> don't hesitate to ask. It's got everything you've heard of and many many
> things that you haven't.

What's the ISBN number of the book?

PENMART01

>kilikini1
>
>>"Eric"
>>
>>Several years ago, while browsing a bookstore, I happened upon a book by

>The International Culinary Association called The Culinary Encyclopedia.
>This book >was great. Not only did it contain recipes, but also the history
>and origins of the particular dishs in it. I bought the book for a whopping
>$250.00, money well >spent. In a recent move, I have lost the book and can
>find nowhere to buy it. I have searched the internet and can find no
>references to that particular one, nor >can I find any reference to the
>International Culinary Association. If anyone has this book, I would be
>forever grateful if you could forward the Publishers >information from the
>book. You will know this is the book by looking on the back cover under the
>UPC bar-code, It has $250.00 printed under it.
>>
>>Any leads would be helpful.

>I have this book and it's GREAT!

This book what? Which book? What the "F" (****) are you folks talking
about???

"Culinary Encylopedia" is not a complete book title. Do you mean "Larousse
Gastronomique", if so you need to specify which edition... and it's not that
great a resource, it only addresses French cookery.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

kilikini

"Reg" > wrote in message
. com...
> kilikini wrote:
>
> > I have this book and it's GREAT! If anyone needs anything looked up,

please
> > don't hesitate to ask. It's got everything you've heard of and many

many
> > things that you haven't.

> What's the ISBN number of the book?
>
> --
> Reg email: RegForte (at) (that free MS email service) (dot) com

The book I have is the World Encyclopedia of Food (I guess it's not the same
book), ISBN 0-87196-417-1, by Patrick Coyle, copyright 1982. It's a
fantastic book about 2 inches thick (not including cover). It's very
thorough, with full colored pictures and full descriptions of foods, food
products, wines, herbs, sauces, etc. I highly recommend it.

Kilikini

kilikini

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >kilikini1
> >
> >>"Eric"
> >>
> >>Several years ago, while browsing a bookstore, I happened upon a book by

> >The International Culinary Association called The Culinary Encyclopedia.
> >This book >was great. Not only did it contain recipes, but also the

history
> >and origins of the particular dishs in it. I bought the book for a

whopping
> >$250.00, money well >spent. In a recent move, I have lost the book and

can
> >find nowhere to buy it. I have searched the internet and can find no
> >references to that particular one, nor >can I find any reference to the
> >International Culinary Association. If anyone has this book, I would be
> >forever grateful if you could forward the Publishers >information from

the
> >book. You will know this is the book by looking on the back cover under

the
> >UPC bar-code, It has $250.00 printed under it.
> >>
> >>Any leads would be helpful.

> >I have this book and it's GREAT!

> This book what? Which book? What the "F" (****) are you folks talking
> about???
>
> "Culinary Encylopedia" is not a complete book title. Do you mean

"Larousse
> Gastronomique", if so you need to specify which edition... and it's not

that
> great a resource, it only addresses French cookery.
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> Sheldon
> ````````````
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

Sorry, Sheldon, I didn't have the correct book anyway. I only have the
World Encylopedia of Food. I still find it very useful, however.

Kilikini

Reg

kilikini wrote:

> The book I have is the World Encyclopedia of Food (I guess it's not the same
> book), ISBN 0-87196-417-1, by Patrick Coyle, copyright 1982. It's a
> fantastic book about 2 inches thick (not including cover). It's very
> thorough, with full colored pictures and full descriptions of foods, food
> products, wines, herbs, sauces, etc. I highly recommend it.

Thanks very much.