Michel Boucher

Default REQ: Shrimp and cauliflower recipe

My stepson is looking for a specific recipe involving shrimp,
cauliflower (possibly steamed whole) and what may be a hollandaise
sauce. It was my wife's very favourite dish cooked by my stepson's
grandmother in Denmark (which may be a clue, although the family also
lived in Washington while his grandfather was the IMF person for the
Danish government [yes, sf, a drone!] and the recipe might come from
there).

Does anyone have any idea what the recipe/method might be beyond what I
have described?

P.S.: If you don't know, please refrain from offering suggestions
unless it's a very educated guess.

--

"I'm the master of low expectations."

GWB, aboard Air Force One, 04Jun2003
Sue Evans

Default Shrimp and cauliflower recipe

Michel,
I have a recipe called "Greenlandic Shrimp Fettuccine" which while it isn't
exactly
what you want because it contains pasta, it is delicious and I expect
cauliflower could easily replace the broccoli in the recipe. Here it is:

3/4 lb. fettuccine
1 bunch broccoli, broken into bite-sized pieces
3/4 cup butter
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 onion, chopped
1/2 lbs. mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp. cornstarch
1 cup cream
1 1/4 cups parmesan cheese
2 lbs. greenlandic shrimp, cooked and shelled

Cook fettuccine and broccoli separately until just tender.
Drain and set aside.
Melt 4 TBS butter and saute garlic, onion and mushrooms until tender.
Remove from heat and set aside.
Melt remaining butter, stir in cornstarch, then cream and cheese.
Cook, stirring until hot and thickened.
Toss together with fettuccine, broccoli, onion, mushrooms, sauce and shrimp.
Heat thoroughly and serve piping hot.
Serves 6

It should work with cauliflower.
Cheers,
se

"Michel Boucher" > wrote in message
> My stepson is looking for a specific recipe involving shrimp,
> cauliflower (possibly steamed whole) and what may be a hollandaise
> sauce. It was my wife's very favourite dish cooked by my stepson's
> grandmother in Denmark (which may be a clue, although the family also
> lived in Washington while his grandfather was the IMF person for the
> Danish government [yes, sf, a drone!] and the recipe might come from
> there).
>
> Does anyone have any idea what the recipe/method might be beyond what I
> have described?
>
> P.S.: If you don't know, please refrain from offering suggestions
> unless it's a very educated guess.
>
> --
>
> "I'm the master of low expectations."
>
> GWB, aboard Air Force One, 04Jun2003

SportKite1

>From: Michel Boucher

>My stepson is looking for a specific recipe involving shrimp,
>cauliflower (possibly steamed whole) and what may be a hollandaise
>sauce. It was my wife's very favourite dish cooked by my stepson's
>grandmother in Denmark (which may be a clue, although the family also
>lived in Washington while his grandfather was the IMF person for the
>Danish government [yes, sf, a drone!] and the recipe might come from
>there).
>
>Does anyone have any idea what the recipe/method might be beyond what I
>have described?
>
>P.S.: If you don't know, please refrain from offering suggestions
>unless it's a very educated guess.

Geez, Michel - don't get all snotty when you've given NO information at all
about the recipe other than it's shrimp, cauliflower and maybe hollandaise
sauce.

In any case at the risk of your wrath at replying to your post, try cooks.com
and enter shrimp and cauliflower. There are an abundance of recipes there that
might give you some direction.

Pfffft
Ellen