Richard Periut

Goy Liath wrote:

> bbq is great. it's great cuz it's simple.
>
> but, alot of bbq guys try to get all complicated with bbq. or they
> try to broaden the range of what can be bbqed.
> and what started out as simple outdoor cooking has now gotten
> ridiculously, almost surreally pompous.
>
> it's like these guys know you can't really do much with BBQ except do
> chicken, ribs, steak, and some veggies.
> so they start grilling breads, pizzas, fruits, soups, etc!!
> and on occasion, they'll even pull out an outdoor deep fryer.. and--i
> kid you NOT--deepfry icecream!!
>
> come on people!

Cooking is an art and a science. You can portray something very simple,
or you can complicate the matter. It's a matter of choice.

BBQ is not all that simple. REal BBQ that is. Most folks around the
world grill--quite different from BBQ which uses long term lower temps
and smoke from the wood. Dry rubs, sauces, mopping sauces, et cetera,
are a matter of taste.

Rich

--
"Dum Spiro, Spero."

As long as I breath, I hope.

Cicero

Richard Periut

Goy Liath wrote:

> bbq is great. it's great cuz it's simple.
>
> but, alot of bbq guys try to get all complicated with bbq. or they
> try to broaden the range of what can be bbqed.
> and what started out as simple outdoor cooking has now gotten
> ridiculously, almost surreally pompous.
>
> it's like these guys know you can't really do much with BBQ except do
> chicken, ribs, steak, and some veggies.
> so they start grilling breads, pizzas, fruits, soups, etc!!
> and on occasion, they'll even pull out an outdoor deep fryer.. and--i
> kid you NOT--deepfry icecream!!
>
> come on people!

Cooking is an art and a science. You can portray something very simple,
or you can complicate the matter. It's a matter of choice.

BBQ is not all that simple. REal BBQ that is. Most folks around the
world grill--quite different from BBQ which uses long term lower temps
and smoke from the wood. Dry rubs, sauces, mopping sauces, et cetera,
are a matter of taste.

Rich

--
"Dum Spiro, Spero."

As long as I breath, I hope.

Cicero

Richard Periut

Goy Liath wrote:

> bbq is great. it's great cuz it's simple.
>
> but, alot of bbq guys try to get all complicated with bbq. or they
> try to broaden the range of what can be bbqed.
> and what started out as simple outdoor cooking has now gotten
> ridiculously, almost surreally pompous.
>
> it's like these guys know you can't really do much with BBQ except do
> chicken, ribs, steak, and some veggies.
> so they start grilling breads, pizzas, fruits, soups, etc!!
> and on occasion, they'll even pull out an outdoor deep fryer.. and--i
> kid you NOT--deepfry icecream!!
>
> come on people!

Cooking is an art and a science. You can portray something very simple,
or you can complicate the matter. It's a matter of choice.

BBQ is not all that simple. REal BBQ that is. Most folks around the
world grill--quite different from BBQ which uses long term lower temps
and smoke from the wood. Dry rubs, sauces, mopping sauces, et cetera,
are a matter of taste.

Rich

--
"Dum Spiro, Spero."

As long as I breath, I hope.

Cicero

Mark Thorson

Note the newsgroups this guy posted to,
before following up.

Lisa

BBQ can be used to refer to both grilling and smoking, hence the possibility
for complexity.
I prefer cooking damn near anything over fire.

"Richard Periut" > wrote in message
. ..
> Goy Liath wrote:
>
> > bbq is great. it's great cuz it's simple.
> >
> > but, alot of bbq guys try to get all complicated with bbq. or they
> > try to broaden the range of what can be bbqed.
> > and what started out as simple outdoor cooking has now gotten
> > ridiculously, almost surreally pompous.
> >
> > it's like these guys know you can't really do much with BBQ except do
> > chicken, ribs, steak, and some veggies.
> > so they start grilling breads, pizzas, fruits, soups, etc!!
> > and on occasion, they'll even pull out an outdoor deep fryer.. and--i
> > kid you NOT--deepfry icecream!!
> >
> > come on people!

> Cooking is an art and a science. You can portray something very simple,
> or you can complicate the matter. It's a matter of choice.
>
> BBQ is not all that simple. REal BBQ that is. Most folks around the
> world grill--quite different from BBQ which uses long term lower temps
> and smoke from the wood. Dry rubs, sauces, mopping sauces, et cetera,
> are a matter of taste.
>
> Rich
>
> --
> "Dum Spiro, Spero."
>
> As long as I breath, I hope.
>
> Cicero

Lisa

BBQ can be used to refer to both grilling and smoking, hence the possibility
for complexity.
I prefer cooking damn near anything over fire.

"Richard Periut" > wrote in message
. ..
> Goy Liath wrote:
>
> > bbq is great. it's great cuz it's simple.
> >
> > but, alot of bbq guys try to get all complicated with bbq. or they
> > try to broaden the range of what can be bbqed.
> > and what started out as simple outdoor cooking has now gotten
> > ridiculously, almost surreally pompous.
> >
> > it's like these guys know you can't really do much with BBQ except do
> > chicken, ribs, steak, and some veggies.
> > so they start grilling breads, pizzas, fruits, soups, etc!!
> > and on occasion, they'll even pull out an outdoor deep fryer.. and--i
> > kid you NOT--deepfry icecream!!
> >
> > come on people!

> Cooking is an art and a science. You can portray something very simple,
> or you can complicate the matter. It's a matter of choice.
>
> BBQ is not all that simple. REal BBQ that is. Most folks around the
> world grill--quite different from BBQ which uses long term lower temps
> and smoke from the wood. Dry rubs, sauces, mopping sauces, et cetera,
> are a matter of taste.
>
> Rich
>
> --
> "Dum Spiro, Spero."
>
> As long as I breath, I hope.
>
> Cicero

Richard Periut

Lisa wrote:

> BBQ can be used to refer to both grilling and smoking, hence the possibility
> for complexity.
> I prefer cooking damn near anything over fire.
>
> "Richard Periut" > wrote in message
> . ..
>
>>Goy Liath wrote:
>>

>>>bbq is great. it's great cuz it's simple.
>>>
>>>but, alot of bbq guys try to get all complicated with bbq. or they
>>>try to broaden the range of what can be bbqed.
>>>and what started out as simple outdoor cooking has now gotten
>>>ridiculously, almost surreally pompous.
>>>
>>>it's like these guys know you can't really do much with BBQ except do
>>>chicken, ribs, steak, and some veggies.
>>>so they start grilling breads, pizzas, fruits, soups, etc!!
>>>and on occasion, they'll even pull out an outdoor deep fryer.. and--i
>>>kid you NOT--deepfry icecream!!
>>>
>>>come on people!

>>Cooking is an art and a science. You can portray something very simple,
>>or you can complicate the matter. It's a matter of choice.
>>
>>BBQ is not all that simple. REal BBQ that is. Most folks around the
>>world grill--quite different from BBQ which uses long term lower temps
>>and smoke from the wood. Dry rubs, sauces, mopping sauces, et cetera,
>>are a matter of taste.
>>
>>Rich
>>
>>--
>>"Dum Spiro, Spero."
>>
>>As long as I breath, I hope.
>>
>>Cicero

No. True BBQ is what I mentioned. Yeah, I even use the term to denote a
grilling with friends; but I always take the time to explain to them
that true BBQ is slow cooking over low temps, and using wood (to smoke)
as the fuel source.

Rich

--
"Dum Spiro, Spero."

As long as I breath, I hope.

Cicero

Richard Periut

Lisa wrote:

> BBQ can be used to refer to both grilling and smoking, hence the possibility
> for complexity.
> I prefer cooking damn near anything over fire.
>
> "Richard Periut" > wrote in message
> . ..
>
>>Goy Liath wrote:
>>

>>>bbq is great. it's great cuz it's simple.
>>>
>>>but, alot of bbq guys try to get all complicated with bbq. or they
>>>try to broaden the range of what can be bbqed.
>>>and what started out as simple outdoor cooking has now gotten
>>>ridiculously, almost surreally pompous.
>>>
>>>it's like these guys know you can't really do much with BBQ except do
>>>chicken, ribs, steak, and some veggies.
>>>so they start grilling breads, pizzas, fruits, soups, etc!!
>>>and on occasion, they'll even pull out an outdoor deep fryer.. and--i
>>>kid you NOT--deepfry icecream!!
>>>
>>>come on people!

>>Cooking is an art and a science. You can portray something very simple,
>>or you can complicate the matter. It's a matter of choice.
>>
>>BBQ is not all that simple. REal BBQ that is. Most folks around the
>>world grill--quite different from BBQ which uses long term lower temps
>>and smoke from the wood. Dry rubs, sauces, mopping sauces, et cetera,
>>are a matter of taste.
>>
>>Rich
>>
>>--
>>"Dum Spiro, Spero."
>>
>>As long as I breath, I hope.
>>
>>Cicero

No. True BBQ is what I mentioned. Yeah, I even use the term to denote a
grilling with friends; but I always take the time to explain to them
that true BBQ is slow cooking over low temps, and using wood (to smoke)
as the fuel source.

Rich

--
"Dum Spiro, Spero."

As long as I breath, I hope.

Cicero

Richard Periut

Lisa wrote:

> BBQ can be used to refer to both grilling and smoking, hence the possibility
> for complexity.
> I prefer cooking damn near anything over fire.
>
> "Richard Periut" > wrote in message
> . ..
>
>>Goy Liath wrote:
>>

>>>bbq is great. it's great cuz it's simple.
>>>
>>>but, alot of bbq guys try to get all complicated with bbq. or they
>>>try to broaden the range of what can be bbqed.
>>>and what started out as simple outdoor cooking has now gotten
>>>ridiculously, almost surreally pompous.
>>>
>>>it's like these guys know you can't really do much with BBQ except do
>>>chicken, ribs, steak, and some veggies.
>>>so they start grilling breads, pizzas, fruits, soups, etc!!
>>>and on occasion, they'll even pull out an outdoor deep fryer.. and--i
>>>kid you NOT--deepfry icecream!!
>>>
>>>come on people!

>>Cooking is an art and a science. You can portray something very simple,
>>or you can complicate the matter. It's a matter of choice.
>>
>>BBQ is not all that simple. REal BBQ that is. Most folks around the
>>world grill--quite different from BBQ which uses long term lower temps
>>and smoke from the wood. Dry rubs, sauces, mopping sauces, et cetera,
>>are a matter of taste.
>>
>>Rich
>>
>>--
>>"Dum Spiro, Spero."
>>
>>As long as I breath, I hope.
>>
>>Cicero

No. True BBQ is what I mentioned. Yeah, I even use the term to denote a
grilling with friends; but I always take the time to explain to them
that true BBQ is slow cooking over low temps, and using wood (to smoke)
as the fuel source.

Rich

--
"Dum Spiro, Spero."

As long as I breath, I hope.

Cicero

Dave Bugg

Lisa wrote:
> BBQ can be used to refer to both grilling and smoking, hence the
> possibility for complexity.

Not hardly.

Dave Bugg

Lisa wrote:
> BBQ can be used to refer to both grilling and smoking, hence the
> possibility for complexity.

Not hardly.

Dave Bugg

Lisa wrote:
> BBQ can be used to refer to both grilling and smoking, hence the
> possibility for complexity.

Not hardly.

kilikini

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> Lisa wrote:
> > BBQ can be used to refer to both grilling and smoking, hence the
> > possibility for complexity.

> Not hardly.

And you would know Mr. Bugg! Can't wait for your opening, got my ticket
ready.

kili

kilikini

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> Lisa wrote:
> > BBQ can be used to refer to both grilling and smoking, hence the
> > possibility for complexity.

> Not hardly.

And you would know Mr. Bugg! Can't wait for your opening, got my ticket
ready.

kili

kilikini

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> Lisa wrote:
> > BBQ can be used to refer to both grilling and smoking, hence the
> > possibility for complexity.

> Not hardly.

And you would know Mr. Bugg! Can't wait for your opening, got my ticket
ready.

kili

Dave Bugg

kilikini wrote:

> And you would know Mr. Bugg! Can't wait for your opening, got my
> ticket ready.
>
> kili

It's gonna be fun :-)

Dave Bugg

kilikini wrote:

> And you would know Mr. Bugg! Can't wait for your opening, got my
> ticket ready.
>
> kili

It's gonna be fun :-)

Dave Bugg

kilikini wrote:

> And you would know Mr. Bugg! Can't wait for your opening, got my
> ticket ready.
>
> kili

It's gonna be fun :-)

Thomas

You seem to be dumbstruck by the concept of "deep fried ice-cream". Is it
safe to assume that you have never made "Baked Alaska"? How stupid would
one have to be to "bake" ice-cream!? Nevermind the fact that it is insulated
in meringue making it possible to have warm meringue and ice cold ice-cream.
Here in Texas at the State Fair ( which by the way starts on less than a
week) you can buy deep fried ice-cream, deep-fried frozen snickers...and
more. Ever deep-fried a turkey in 45 minutes? lmao! They are great.
Thomas
btw...ever had "fried cheese"?

"Goy Liath" > wrote in message
om...
> bbq is great. it's great cuz it's simple.
>
> but, alot of bbq guys try to get all complicated with bbq. or they
> try to broaden the range of what can be bbqed.
> and what started out as simple outdoor cooking has now gotten
> ridiculously, almost surreally pompous.
>
> it's like these guys know you can't really do much with BBQ except do
> chicken, ribs, steak, and some veggies.
> so they start grilling breads, pizzas, fruits, soups, etc!!
> and on occasion, they'll even pull out an outdoor deep fryer.. and--i
> kid you NOT--deepfry icecream!!
>
> come on people!

Thomas

You seem to be dumbstruck by the concept of "deep fried ice-cream". Is it
safe to assume that you have never made "Baked Alaska"? How stupid would
one have to be to "bake" ice-cream!? Nevermind the fact that it is insulated
in meringue making it possible to have warm meringue and ice cold ice-cream.
Here in Texas at the State Fair ( which by the way starts on less than a
week) you can buy deep fried ice-cream, deep-fried frozen snickers...and
more. Ever deep-fried a turkey in 45 minutes? lmao! They are great.
Thomas
btw...ever had "fried cheese"?

"Goy Liath" > wrote in message
om...
> bbq is great. it's great cuz it's simple.
>
> but, alot of bbq guys try to get all complicated with bbq. or they
> try to broaden the range of what can be bbqed.
> and what started out as simple outdoor cooking has now gotten
> ridiculously, almost surreally pompous.
>
> it's like these guys know you can't really do much with BBQ except do
> chicken, ribs, steak, and some veggies.
> so they start grilling breads, pizzas, fruits, soups, etc!!
> and on occasion, they'll even pull out an outdoor deep fryer.. and--i
> kid you NOT--deepfry icecream!!
>
> come on people!

kilikini

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> kilikini wrote:
>
> > And you would know Mr. Bugg! Can't wait for your opening, got my
> > ticket ready.
> >
> > kili

> It's gonna be fun :-)

It's going to be an experience, Dave. I can't wait. Besides, I've never
had Q before, can you believe it? I'm ready! And...........I suppose you
know that you're the crux. TFM and I are getting married while in
Washington, but you *did* know that, right?

kili

kilikini

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> kilikini wrote:
>
> > And you would know Mr. Bugg! Can't wait for your opening, got my
> > ticket ready.
> >
> > kili

> It's gonna be fun :-)

It's going to be an experience, Dave. I can't wait. Besides, I've never
had Q before, can you believe it? I'm ready! And...........I suppose you
know that you're the crux. TFM and I are getting married while in
Washington, but you *did* know that, right?

kili

kilikini

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> kilikini wrote:
>
> > And you would know Mr. Bugg! Can't wait for your opening, got my
> > ticket ready.
> >
> > kili

> It's gonna be fun :-)

It's going to be an experience, Dave. I can't wait. Besides, I've never
had Q before, can you believe it? I'm ready! And...........I suppose you
know that you're the crux. TFM and I are getting married while in
Washington, but you *did* know that, right?

kili

Dave Bugg

kilikini wrote:

> It's going to be an experience, Dave. I can't wait. Besides, I've
> never had Q before, can you believe it? I'm ready! And...........I
> suppose you know that you're the crux. TFM and I are getting married
> while in Washington, but you *did* know that, right?

Whaaaa??? No, I must have missed that. Where and when in Washington are you
getting hitched? And I didn't know that you've not had 'Q before. We've got
a whole lot more to celebrate than just the grand opening of my 'Q
restaurant now. This is getting reeeeeeeaaaal exciting.
Dave

Dave Bugg

kilikini wrote:

> It's going to be an experience, Dave. I can't wait. Besides, I've
> never had Q before, can you believe it? I'm ready! And...........I
> suppose you know that you're the crux. TFM and I are getting married
> while in Washington, but you *did* know that, right?

Whaaaa??? No, I must have missed that. Where and when in Washington are you
getting hitched? And I didn't know that you've not had 'Q before. We've got
a whole lot more to celebrate than just the grand opening of my 'Q
restaurant now. This is getting reeeeeeeaaaal exciting.
Dave

F.G. Whitfurrows

kilikini wrote:
> "Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote Where and when in Washington
>> are you getting hitched? >>

> There's a 3 day wait so, it'll probably be the 18th. I've got to
> check on the rules and regulations..... But yeah, it's going to be a
> good time.
>
> kili

And don't forget, the Hon'able Rev'end Fos has the honor of hitchin' that
trailer to its truck.<g> Gotta be a first time for everything, I guess.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

F.G. Whitfurrows

kilikini wrote:
> "Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote Where and when in Washington
>> are you getting hitched? >>

> There's a 3 day wait so, it'll probably be the 18th. I've got to
> check on the rules and regulations..... But yeah, it's going to be a
> good time.
>
> kili

And don't forget, the Hon'able Rev'end Fos has the honor of hitchin' that
trailer to its truck.<g> Gotta be a first time for everything, I guess.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

kilikini

"F.G. Whitfurrows" > wrote in message
news

> kilikini wrote:
> > "Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote Where and when in Washington
> >> are you getting hitched? >>

> > There's a 3 day wait so, it'll probably be the 18th. I've got to
> > check on the rules and regulations..... But yeah, it's going to be a
> > good time.
> >
> > kili

> And don't forget, the Hon'able Rev'end Fos has the honor of hitchin' that
> trailer to its truck.<g> Gotta be a first time for everything, I guess.
>
> --
> Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
> and his 6" boner

That is correct, sir!

kili

kilikini

"F.G. Whitfurrows" > wrote in message
news

> kilikini wrote:
> > "Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote Where and when in Washington
> >> are you getting hitched? >>

> > There's a 3 day wait so, it'll probably be the 18th. I've got to
> > check on the rules and regulations..... But yeah, it's going to be a
> > good time.
> >
> > kili

> And don't forget, the Hon'able Rev'end Fos has the honor of hitchin' that
> trailer to its truck.<g> Gotta be a first time for everything, I guess.
>
> --
> Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
> and his 6" boner

That is correct, sir!

kili

kilikini

"F.G. Whitfurrows" > wrote in message
news

> kilikini wrote:
> > "Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote Where and when in Washington
> >> are you getting hitched? >>

> > There's a 3 day wait so, it'll probably be the 18th. I've got to
> > check on the rules and regulations..... But yeah, it's going to be a
> > good time.
> >
> > kili

> And don't forget, the Hon'able Rev'end Fos has the honor of hitchin' that
> trailer to its truck.<g> Gotta be a first time for everything, I guess.
>
> --
> Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
> and his 6" boner

That is correct, sir!

kili

sf

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 23:27:42 -0700, "Dave Bugg"
<deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote:

> kilikini wrote:
>
> > It's going to be an experience, Dave. I can't wait. Besides, I've
> > never had Q before, can you believe it?

Not even Hawaiian BBQ?

sf
sf

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 23:27:42 -0700, "Dave Bugg"
<deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote:

> kilikini wrote:
>
> > It's going to be an experience, Dave. I can't wait. Besides, I've
> > never had Q before, can you believe it?

Not even Hawaiian BBQ?

sf
kilikini

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 23:27:42 -0700, "Dave Bugg"
> <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote:
>
> > kilikini wrote:
> >
> > > It's going to be an experience, Dave. I can't wait. Besides, I've
> > > never had Q before, can you believe it?

> Not even Hawaiian BBQ?
>
> sf
> Practice safe eating - always use condiments

What are you talking Imu? Yes, I've had that, but that's more of a steamed
thing with a very light VERY light smoke flavor. Plus, to make it, it's a
PITA!

kili

kilikini

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 23:27:42 -0700, "Dave Bugg"
> <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote:
>
> > kilikini wrote:
> >
> > > It's going to be an experience, Dave. I can't wait. Besides, I've
> > > never had Q before, can you believe it?

> Not even Hawaiian BBQ?
>
> sf
> Practice safe eating - always use condiments

What are you talking Imu? Yes, I've had that, but that's more of a steamed
thing with a very light VERY light smoke flavor. Plus, to make it, it's a
PITA!

kili

Dave Smith

Goy Liath wrote:

> bbq is great. it's great cuz it's simple.
>
> but, alot of bbq guys try to get all complicated with bbq. or they
> try to broaden the range of what can be bbqed.
> and what started out as simple outdoor cooking has now gotten
> ridiculously, almost surreally pompous.
>
> it's like these guys know you can't really do much with BBQ except do
> chicken, ribs, steak, and some veggies.
> so they start grilling breads, pizzas, fruits, soups, etc!!
> and on occasion, they'll even pull out an outdoor deep fryer.. and--i
> kid you NOT--deepfry icecream!!
>
> come on people!

I guess that is why they have BBQ cooking shows. Lots of people know
how to cook the old standards on a grill, so it's nice to get new ideas.
I start BBQing as soon as the weather turns nice, and cook outside almost
every night until it starts getting too cold and dark, and I appreciate
having new things to try.

And what's the matter with deep fried ice cream? It's delicious.

Dave Smith

Goy Liath wrote:

> bbq is great. it's great cuz it's simple.
>
> but, alot of bbq guys try to get all complicated with bbq. or they
> try to broaden the range of what can be bbqed.
> and what started out as simple outdoor cooking has now gotten
> ridiculously, almost surreally pompous.
>
> it's like these guys know you can't really do much with BBQ except do
> chicken, ribs, steak, and some veggies.
> so they start grilling breads, pizzas, fruits, soups, etc!!
> and on occasion, they'll even pull out an outdoor deep fryer.. and--i
> kid you NOT--deepfry icecream!!
>
> come on people!

I guess that is why they have BBQ cooking shows. Lots of people know
how to cook the old standards on a grill, so it's nice to get new ideas.
I start BBQing as soon as the weather turns nice, and cook outside almost
every night until it starts getting too cold and dark, and I appreciate
having new things to try.

And what's the matter with deep fried ice cream? It's delicious.

Ol' Hippie

WHATTTTTTTT??????
Kili+TFM
I had no idea, due to my infrequent stops in here I suppose.
OK who is pulling my leg......
Kili tell the truth now.................................
Bruce-n-Gold Beach