PENMART01

> CJB writes:
>
>"Jack Schidt®" wrote:
>
>> I've often questioned why one needs 'disposable' cookware. No
>> dishwasher?

>Maybe no place to store it?

So where do you store the disposables until they're needed... shoved up your
ass... idiot. Keeping a slew of disposable anythings necessitates needing
*more* storage space.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Cindy hamilton

"Renee" > wrote in message >.. .
> I need to purchase a new roasting pan for this year's Thanksgiving turkey.
> Can anyone give me their thoughts as to the best material it should be made
> of? I want it to make good stove-top gravy with the drippings and be easy to
> clean. I was thinking of going with an all stainless steel one -- the same
> as my regular pots and pans.
>
> Thanks in advance for your suggestions
>
> Renee

I have a stainless roaster with a rack, and I love it. The drippings brown
beautifully (because the turkey is held up off the bottom of the pan)
and the gravy is to die for. It performs well on the stovetop during
deglazing. Cleanup is a snap after deglazing.

Cindy Hamilton
Cindy hamilton

"Renee" > wrote in message >.. .
> I need to purchase a new roasting pan for this year's Thanksgiving turkey.
> Can anyone give me their thoughts as to the best material it should be made
> of? I want it to make good stove-top gravy with the drippings and be easy to
> clean. I was thinking of going with an all stainless steel one -- the same
> as my regular pots and pans.
>
> Thanks in advance for your suggestions
>
> Renee

I have a stainless roaster with a rack, and I love it. The drippings brown
beautifully (because the turkey is held up off the bottom of the pan)
and the gravy is to die for. It performs well on the stovetop during
deglazing. Cleanup is a snap after deglazing.

Cindy Hamilton
Melba's Jammin'

In article > , "Jack
Schidt®" > wrote:

> "Derek Lyons" > wrote in message

(snip)
> > Some disposable roasters come with a wire 'frame' that alleviates
> > this. You can also simply put the roaster on a (non-insulated)
> > baking sheet.

> > D.

> I've often questioned why one needs 'disposable' cookware. No
> dishwasher?
>
> Jack Wash-o-teria

But, but, but Jack . . . it's easier to throw it away than clean it.
Besides, our landfills need fill.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 9-18-04; Sushi Story
"Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power."

Melba's Jammin'

In article > , "Jack
Schidt®" > wrote:

> "Derek Lyons" > wrote in message

(snip)
> > Some disposable roasters come with a wire 'frame' that alleviates
> > this. You can also simply put the roaster on a (non-insulated)
> > baking sheet.

> > D.

> I've often questioned why one needs 'disposable' cookware. No
> dishwasher?
>
> Jack Wash-o-teria

But, but, but Jack . . . it's easier to throw it away than clean it.
Besides, our landfills need fill.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 9-18-04; Sushi Story
"Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power."
-Jimi Hendrix, and Lt. Joe Corcoran, Retired; St. Paul PD, Homicide Divn.

Jack Schidt®

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article > , "Jack
> Schidt®" > wrote:
>
>> "Derek Lyons" > wrote in message

> (snip)
>> > Some disposable roasters come with a wire 'frame' that alleviates
>> > this. You can also simply put the roaster on a (non-insulated)
>> > baking sheet.

>> > D.

>> I've often questioned why one needs 'disposable' cookware. No
>> dishwasher?
>>
>> Jack Wash-o-teria

> But, but, but Jack . . . it's easier to throw it away than clean it.
> Besides, our landfills need fill.
> --

Hehe, I guess some would like to change 'purple mountains' majesty' to
silver, or just plain dirt color.

Jack Dump

Jack Schidt®

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article > , "Jack
> Schidt®" > wrote:
>
>> "Derek Lyons" > wrote in message

> (snip)
>> > Some disposable roasters come with a wire 'frame' that alleviates
>> > this. You can also simply put the roaster on a (non-insulated)
>> > baking sheet.

>> > D.

>> I've often questioned why one needs 'disposable' cookware. No
>> dishwasher?
>>
>> Jack Wash-o-teria

> But, but, but Jack . . . it's easier to throw it away than clean it.
> Besides, our landfills need fill.
> --

Hehe, I guess some would like to change 'purple mountains' majesty' to
silver, or just plain dirt color.

Jack Dump

Jack Schidt®

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article > , "Jack
> Schidt®" > wrote:
>
>> "Derek Lyons" > wrote in message

> (snip)
>> > Some disposable roasters come with a wire 'frame' that alleviates
>> > this. You can also simply put the roaster on a (non-insulated)
>> > baking sheet.

>> > D.

>> I've often questioned why one needs 'disposable' cookware. No
>> dishwasher?
>>
>> Jack Wash-o-teria

> But, but, but Jack . . . it's easier to throw it away than clean it.
> Besides, our landfills need fill.
> --

Hehe, I guess some would like to change 'purple mountains' majesty' to
silver, or just plain dirt color.

Jack Dump

Nancy Dooley

> > I have a similar roaster except it's probably 20+ years old. Sometimes I
> > use those aluminum thingys from the store to roast the bird in. Depends on
> > how many turkeys I need.

> Glad to hear a few people say they're happy with the stainless. My friend
> suggested I just get a disposable aluminum roaster but it looks like you'd
> have trouble lifting the pan out of the oven with a heavy bird without the
> pan bending and spilling the drippings.

I've got a great, really old Wearever roaster with a high domed lid
(the same size as the bottom- "two, two, two in one"), rack and
everything, but the last few years have been using the disposables
because I drag them home from work after a lunch has been catered in -
the caterers put soda and water and ice in them.

I use two at once - no need for a cookie sheet underneath - and yes,
they go in the landfill, just as they would if they didn't get
recycled for my turkey. ;-)

Sometime when I'm up at the outlet mall, I'll check out a stainless,
although it will be pretty hard to beat my mom's old Wearever, since
it will hold up to a 25-pounder.

N.
Nancy Dooley

> > I have a similar roaster except it's probably 20+ years old. Sometimes I
> > use those aluminum thingys from the store to roast the bird in. Depends on
> > how many turkeys I need.

> Glad to hear a few people say they're happy with the stainless. My friend
> suggested I just get a disposable aluminum roaster but it looks like you'd
> have trouble lifting the pan out of the oven with a heavy bird without the
> pan bending and spilling the drippings.

I've got a great, really old Wearever roaster with a high domed lid
(the same size as the bottom- "two, two, two in one"), rack and
everything, but the last few years have been using the disposables
because I drag them home from work after a lunch has been catered in -
the caterers put soda and water and ice in them.

I use two at once - no need for a cookie sheet underneath - and yes,
they go in the landfill, just as they would if they didn't get
recycled for my turkey. ;-)

Sometime when I'm up at the outlet mall, I'll check out a stainless,
although it will be pretty hard to beat my mom's old Wearever, since
it will hold up to a 25-pounder.

N.

Derek Lyons

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote:

>I've often questioned why one needs 'disposable' cookware. No dishwasher?
>
>Jack Wash-o-teria

Or lack of storage space, or lack of need for a large roaster other
than at Thanksgiving[1], or frequently going to potlucks.

[1] mine own turkey roaster lives in the back storage room most of the
year. I rarely need it other than for Thanksgiving, and don't have
room for it up front.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.
Derek Lyons

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote:

>I've often questioned why one needs 'disposable' cookware. No dishwasher?
>
>Jack Wash-o-teria

Or lack of storage space, or lack of need for a large roaster other
than at Thanksgiving[1], or frequently going to potlucks.

[1] mine own turkey roaster lives in the back storage room most of the
year. I rarely need it other than for Thanksgiving, and don't have
room for it up front.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.