panary aka Adam

Default The Solecisms of President George W. Bush (Either Weep or Laugh)

The Solecisms of President George W. Bush (Either Weep or Laugh---or
Both) http://www.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/bush.htm

panary aka Adam

TTT

panary aka Adam

TTT

Goomba38

Michel Boucher wrote:

> Of course, the irony here is that this person TTT'd himself. So he's
> getting medieval (or as someone once put it unintentionally "mid-
> evil") on his own ass. Perhaps he regretted his moment of pure joy
> at the discovery of the exacerbated banality that is George. The way
> WebTV is, I think we'll never know. And perhaps the mystery is the
> massage...

What is this TTT stuff and what exactly did he
want to do, and end up doing instead?
Goomba

Michel Boucher

Goomba38 > wrote in
:

> Michel Boucher wrote:
>
>> Of course, the irony here is that this person TTT'd himself. So
>> he's getting medieval (or as someone once put it unintentionally
>> "mid- evil") on his own ass. Perhaps he regretted his moment of
>> pure joy at the discovery of the exacerbated banality that is
>> George. The way WebTV is, I think we'll never know. And perhaps
>> the mystery is the massage...
>>

> What is this TTT stuff and what exactly did he
> want to do, and end up doing instead?

As I recall, TTT is some sort of cancellation command that WebTV
recognizes but has no effect on Usenet. But as Usenet comes through
WebTV as though it was a WebTV service (if you remember, Justin Gray
[de regrettée mémoire] thought his offensive behaviour was justified
because he was under the impression that rfc was WebTV territory and
that we had invaded it), so they use commands that have no effect on
Usenet.

Perhaps Gregory Morrow, as a former WebTV user, could clear up this
TTT thing once and for all for us.

--

German to Picasso in front of Guernica: Did you do this?
Picasso to German in front of Guernica: No, it was you.
Steve Calvin

Michel Boucher wrote:

>>What is this TTT stuff and what exactly did he
>>want to do, and end up doing instead?

Actually, it's not just a webtv thang. (I know nothing about webtv
except that alot, notice I didn't say all, people who use it are
basically clueless.) TTT has been around for a while on message
boards. It means ToTheTop.

The function is theoretically to move an *important* post that's
gotten toward the bottom of the list "to the top" so that it doesn't
get forgotten. Of course, it has absolutely no function on usenet,
especially when not quoting the original and is quite often abused.

Obviously someone who needs some education on usenet vs the "www" world.

--
Steve

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

Steve Calvin

Michel Boucher wrote:

>>What is this TTT stuff and what exactly did he
>>want to do, and end up doing instead?

Actually, it's not just a webtv thang. (I know nothing about webtv
except that alot, notice I didn't say all, people who use it are
basically clueless.) TTT has been around for a while on message
boards. It means ToTheTop.

The function is theoretically to move an *important* post that's
gotten toward the bottom of the list "to the top" so that it doesn't
get forgotten. Of course, it has absolutely no function on usenet,
especially when not quoting the original and is quite often abused.

Obviously someone who needs some education on usenet vs the "www" world.

--
Steve

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

zuuum

Bush has made so many speech errors, he far out-does Dan Quayle's record,
which is an achievement in itself. LOL.

zuuum

Bush has made so many speech errors, he far out-does Dan Quayle's record,
which is an achievement in itself. LOL.

PENMART01

>Steve Calvin
>
>Michel Boucher wrote:
>

>>>What is this TTT stuff and what exactly did he
>>>want to do, and end up doing instead?

>Actually, it's not just a webtv thang. (I know nothing about webtv
>except that alot, notice I didn't say all, people who use it are
>basically clueless.)

Anyone who writes "alot" is clueless... there is no such word.)

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Steve Calvin

PENMART01 wrote:

>>Steve Calvin

>>Actually, it's not just a webtv thang. (I know nothing about webtv
>>except that alot, notice I didn't say all, people who use it are
>>basically clueless.)

> Anyone who writes "alot" is clueless... there is no such word.)
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

So sue me. I never said that my grammar and/or spelling was fabulous,
get over it.

Here's a little story for ya:

A water bearer in China had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a
pole which he carried across his neck. One pot had a crack in it,
while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of
water. At the end of the long walk from the stream to the house, the
cracked pot arrived only half full. For a full two years this went on
daily, with the bearer delivering only one and a half pots full of
water to his house.

Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments, perfect
for which it was made. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own
imperfection, and miserable that it was able to accomplish only half
of what it had been made to do.

After 2 years of what it perceived to be a bitter failure, it spoke to
the water bearer one day by the stream... "I am ashamed of myself,
because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way
back to your house."

The bearer said to the pot, "Did you notice that there were flowers
only on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side? That's
because I have always known about your flaw, and I planted flower
seeds on your side of the path. Every day while we walk back, you've
watered them. For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful
flowers to decorate the table. Without you being just the way you are,
there would not be this beauty to grace the house."

Moral: Each of us has our own unique flaws. We're all cracked pots.
But it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives
together so very interesting and rewarding. You've just got to take
each person for what they are, and look for the good in them.

--
Steve

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

Steve Calvin

PENMART01 wrote:

>>Steve Calvin

>>Actually, it's not just a webtv thang. (I know nothing about webtv
>>except that alot, notice I didn't say all, people who use it are
>>basically clueless.)

> Anyone who writes "alot" is clueless... there is no such word.)
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

So sue me. I never said that my grammar and/or spelling was fabulous,
get over it.

Here's a little story for ya:

A water bearer in China had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a
pole which he carried across his neck. One pot had a crack in it,
while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of
water. At the end of the long walk from the stream to the house, the
cracked pot arrived only half full. For a full two years this went on
daily, with the bearer delivering only one and a half pots full of
water to his house.

Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments, perfect
for which it was made. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own
imperfection, and miserable that it was able to accomplish only half
of what it had been made to do.

After 2 years of what it perceived to be a bitter failure, it spoke to
the water bearer one day by the stream... "I am ashamed of myself,
because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way
back to your house."

The bearer said to the pot, "Did you notice that there were flowers
only on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side? That's
because I have always known about your flaw, and I planted flower
seeds on your side of the path. Every day while we walk back, you've
watered them. For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful
flowers to decorate the table. Without you being just the way you are,
there would not be this beauty to grace the house."

Moral: Each of us has our own unique flaws. We're all cracked pots.
But it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives
together so very interesting and rewarding. You've just got to take
each person for what they are, and look for the good in them.

--
Steve

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

Nancy Young

Steve Calvin wrote:

> Here's a little story for ya:
>
> A water bearer in China had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a
> pole which he carried across his neck. One pot had a crack in it,
> while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of
> water. At the end of the long walk from the stream to the house, the
> cracked pot arrived only half full. For a full two years this went on
> daily, with the bearer delivering only one and a half pots full of
> water to his house.
>
> Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments, perfect
> for which it was made. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own
> imperfection, and miserable that it was able to accomplish only half
> of what it had been made to do.
>
> After 2 years of what it perceived to be a bitter failure, it spoke to
> the water bearer one day by the stream... "I am ashamed of myself,
> because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way
> back to your house."
>
> The bearer said to the pot, "Did you notice that there were flowers
> only on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side? That's
> because I have always known about your flaw, and I planted flower
> seeds on your side of the path. Every day while we walk back, you've
> watered them. For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful
> flowers to decorate the table. Without you being just the way you are,
> there would not be this beauty to grace the house."
>
> Moral: Each of us has our own unique flaws. We're all cracked pots.
> But it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives
> together so very interesting and rewarding. You've just got to take
> each person for what they are, and look for the good in them.

What a charming fable. Thank you, Steve.

nancy
PENMART01

Steve Calvin writes:

>PENMART01 wrote:
>>>Steve Calvin

>>>Actually, it's not just a webtv thang. (I know nothing about webtv
>>>except that alot, notice I didn't say all, people who use it are
>>>basically clueless.)

>> Anyone who writes "alot" is clueless... there is no such word.)

>So sue me. I never said that my grammar and/or spelling was fabulous,
>get over it.

When you publicly abash others for being imperfect you had better be.

>Here's a little story for ya:

A crackpot story.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

PENMART01

Steve Calvin writes:

>PENMART01 wrote:
>>>Steve Calvin

>>>Actually, it's not just a webtv thang. (I know nothing about webtv
>>>except that alot, notice I didn't say all, people who use it are
>>>basically clueless.)

>> Anyone who writes "alot" is clueless... there is no such word.)

>So sue me. I never said that my grammar and/or spelling was fabulous,
>get over it.

When you publicly abash others for being imperfect you had better be.

>Here's a little story for ya:

A crackpot story.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Nancy Young

Steve Calvin wrote:

> Here's a little story for ya:
>
> A water bearer in China had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a
> pole which he carried across his neck. One pot had a crack in it,
> while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of
> water. At the end of the long walk from the stream to the house, the
> cracked pot arrived only half full. For a full two years this went on
> daily, with the bearer delivering only one and a half pots full of
> water to his house.
>
> Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments, perfect
> for which it was made. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own
> imperfection, and miserable that it was able to accomplish only half
> of what it had been made to do.
>
> After 2 years of what it perceived to be a bitter failure, it spoke to
> the water bearer one day by the stream... "I am ashamed of myself,
> because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way
> back to your house."
>
> The bearer said to the pot, "Did you notice that there were flowers
> only on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side? That's
> because I have always known about your flaw, and I planted flower
> seeds on your side of the path. Every day while we walk back, you've
> watered them. For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful
> flowers to decorate the table. Without you being just the way you are,
> there would not be this beauty to grace the house."
>
> Moral: Each of us has our own unique flaws. We're all cracked pots.
> But it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives
> together so very interesting and rewarding. You've just got to take
> each person for what they are, and look for the good in them.

What a charming fable. Thank you, Steve.

nancy
Steve Calvin

PENMART01 wrote:

> When you publicly abash others for being imperfect you had better be.=20
>=20

Touch=E9.

>=20
>>Here's a little story for ya:

>=20
>=20
> A crackpot story.

Yeah, I anticipated that would be your thought on it. I had hoped=20
differently but didn't expect it.

--=20
Steve

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

Steve Calvin

PENMART01 wrote:

> When you publicly abash others for being imperfect you had better be.=20
>=20

Touch=E9.

>=20
>>Here's a little story for ya:

>=20
>=20
> A crackpot story.

Yeah, I anticipated that would be your thought on it. I had hoped=20
differently but didn't expect it.

--=20
Steve

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

Steve Calvin

Nancy Young wrote:

> What a charming fable. Thank you, Steve.
>
> nancy

You're most welcome. Glad that you liked it. :-)

--
Steve

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

Steve Calvin

Nancy Young wrote:

> What a charming fable. Thank you, Steve.
>
> nancy

You're most welcome. Glad that you liked it. :-)

--
Steve

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

Dan Abel

In article >, Steve Calvin
> wrote:

> Michel Boucher wrote:

> >>What is this TTT stuff and what exactly did he
> >>want to do, and end up doing instead?

> Actually, it's not just a webtv thang. (I know nothing about webtv
> except that alot, notice I didn't say all, people who use it are
> basically clueless.) TTT has been around for a while on message
> boards. It means ToTheTop.

This is too funny. In another group, there was a webTV'er who post write
posts with nothing but "ttt" in them. Eventually, someone asked, and he
responded "Take it To the Top", but since he didn't explain what that
meant, nobody knew. Since he didn't have much to say anyway, we just
ignored him, even though it seemed like he was trying to do that to be
insulting.

--
Dan Abel
Sonoma State University

Dan Abel

In article >, Steve Calvin
> wrote:

> Michel Boucher wrote:

> >>What is this TTT stuff and what exactly did he
> >>want to do, and end up doing instead?

> Actually, it's not just a webtv thang. (I know nothing about webtv
> except that alot, notice I didn't say all, people who use it are
> basically clueless.) TTT has been around for a while on message
> boards. It means ToTheTop.

This is too funny. In another group, there was a webTV'er who post write
posts with nothing but "ttt" in them. Eventually, someone asked, and he
responded "Take it To the Top", but since he didn't explain what that
meant, nobody knew. Since he didn't have much to say anyway, we just
ignored him, even though it seemed like he was trying to do that to be
insulting.

--
Dan Abel
Sonoma State University
AIS

zuuum

"panary aka Adam" > wrote in message
> The Solecisms of President George W. Bush (Either Weep or Laugh---or
> Both) http://www.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/bush.htm

George W and Dick Cheney are having lunch at the Capitol. Dick orders the
heart-healthy salad. George W leans over to the waitress and says, "Honey,
could I have a Quickie?"

The waitress is horrified and says, "Mr. President, I thought you would
bring morals and virtues to the White House. I'm sorry I ever voted for
you!" She storms off.

Dick leans over to the President and says....... "George, I think it's
pronounced 'Keesh' (Quiche)."

zuuum

"panary aka Adam" > wrote in message
> The Solecisms of President George W. Bush (Either Weep or Laugh---or
> Both) http://www.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/bush.htm

George W and Dick Cheney are having lunch at the Capitol. Dick orders the
heart-healthy salad. George W leans over to the waitress and says, "Honey,
could I have a Quickie?"

The waitress is horrified and says, "Mr. President, I thought you would
bring morals and virtues to the White House. I'm sorry I ever voted for
you!" She storms off.

Dick leans over to the President and says....... "George, I think it's
pronounced 'Keesh' (Quiche)."

zuuum

"panary aka Adam" > wrote in message
> The Solecisms of President George W. Bush (Either Weep or Laugh---or
> Both) http://www.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/bush.htm

George W and Dick Cheney are having lunch at the Capitol. Dick orders the
heart-healthy salad. George W leans over to the waitress and says, "Honey,
could I have a Quickie?"

The waitress is horrified and says, "Mr. President, I thought you would
bring morals and virtues to the White House. I'm sorry I ever voted for
you!" She storms off.

Dick leans over to the President and says....... "George, I think it's
pronounced 'Keesh' (Quiche)."

RMiller

>Dick leans over to the President and says....... "George, I think it's
>pronounced 'Keesh' (Quiche)."

heard that one used for Clinton.
Rosie
RMiller

>Dick leans over to the President and says....... "George, I think it's
>pronounced 'Keesh' (Quiche)."

heard that one used for Clinton.
Rosie
-L. :

"Peter Aitken" > wrote in message . com>...

> But not this one. Think what you will of Clinton (or Kerry), but
> mispronouncing common words is not one of their faults.
>
> It's frightening to realize, given what comes out of shrubby's mouth, that
> his mouth is connected to his brain and the brain that produces this
> feeble-minded tripe is the brain of the leader of the United States.

"You can't say "nuclear" - That really scares me..."

Thanks. Now I'm gonna have that song in my head all night!

-L.