mary

Default Hole in bottom of bread machine bread

It seems that the little paddle that turns the dough makes a hole in the
bread when you pull the bread out. At first I thought it was my machine, but
after buying another one at a garage sale (for $1) the "new" one does the
same thing. Not that the bread tastes any different, but when you go to cut
a slice there is a hole in it.Can this problem be eliminated?

Thanks

Tom

Michel Boucher

"mary" > wrote in
:

> It seems that the little paddle that turns the dough makes a hole
> in the bread when you pull the bread out. At first I thought it
> was my machine, but after buying another one at a garage sale (for
> $1) the "new" one does the same thing. Not that the bread tastes
> any different, but when you go to cut a slice there is a hole in
> it.Can this problem be eliminated?

You can remove the bread once it's kneaded and bake it in a bread pan.

--

German to Picasso in front of Guernica: Did you do this?
Picasso to German in front of Guernica: No, it was you.
Michel Boucher

"mary" > wrote in
:

> It seems that the little paddle that turns the dough makes a hole
> in the bread when you pull the bread out. At first I thought it
> was my machine, but after buying another one at a garage sale (for
> $1) the "new" one does the same thing. Not that the bread tastes
> any different, but when you go to cut a slice there is a hole in
> it.Can this problem be eliminated?

You can remove the bread once it's kneaded and bake it in a bread pan.

--

German to Picasso in front of Guernica: Did you do this?
Picasso to German in front of Guernica: No, it was you.
Michel Boucher

"mary" > wrote in
:

> It seems that the little paddle that turns the dough makes a hole
> in the bread when you pull the bread out. At first I thought it
> was my machine, but after buying another one at a garage sale (for
> $1) the "new" one does the same thing. Not that the bread tastes
> any different, but when you go to cut a slice there is a hole in
> it.Can this problem be eliminated?

You can remove the bread once it's kneaded and bake it in a bread pan.

--

German to Picasso in front of Guernica: Did you do this?
Picasso to German in front of Guernica: No, it was you.
Crunchy

"mary" > wrote in message
> It seems that the little paddle that turns the dough makes a hole in the
> bread when you pull the bread out. At first I thought it was my machine,
> but
> after buying another one at a garage sale (for $1) the "new" one does the
> same thing. Not that the bread tastes any different, but when you go to
> cut
> a slice there is a hole in it.Can this problem be eliminated?

Bake a second loaf in the oven that is the same size as the paddle and
insert it into the hole.

Crunchy

"mary" > wrote in message
> It seems that the little paddle that turns the dough makes a hole in the
> bread when you pull the bread out. At first I thought it was my machine,
> but
> after buying another one at a garage sale (for $1) the "new" one does the
> same thing. Not that the bread tastes any different, but when you go to
> cut
> a slice there is a hole in it.Can this problem be eliminated?

Bake a second loaf in the oven that is the same size as the paddle and
insert it into the hole.

PENMART01

>"mary" wrote:
>It seems that the little paddle that turns the dough makes a hole in the
>bread when you pull the bread out. At first I thought it was my machine, but
>after buying another one at a garage sale (for $1) the "new" one does the
>same thing. Not that the bread tastes any different, but when you go to cut
>a slice there is a hole in it.Can this problem be eliminated?

Actually quite simple; promptly after the final knead remove the dough, then
remove the paddle (it's usefulness is now concluded)... now promptly return the
dough for it's final rise. Naturally this won't work well on delayed mode...
because you will need to be present for removal of the paddle.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>"mary" wrote:
>It seems that the little paddle that turns the dough makes a hole in the
>bread when you pull the bread out. At first I thought it was my machine, but
>after buying another one at a garage sale (for $1) the "new" one does the
>same thing. Not that the bread tastes any different, but when you go to cut
>a slice there is a hole in it.Can this problem be eliminated?

Actually quite simple; promptly after the final knead remove the dough, then
remove the paddle (it's usefulness is now concluded)... now promptly return the
dough for it's final rise. Naturally this won't work well on delayed mode...
because you will need to be present for removal of the paddle.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Felice Friese

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >"mary" wrote:
> >It seems that the little paddle that turns the dough makes a hole in the
> >bread when you pull the bread out. At first I thought it was my machine,

but
> >after buying another one at a garage sale (for $1) the "new" one does the
> >same thing. Not that the bread tastes any different, but when you go to

cut
> >a slice there is a hole in it.Can this problem be eliminated?

> Actually quite simple; promptly after the final knead remove the dough,

then
> remove the paddle (it's usefulness is now concluded)... now promptly

return the
> dough for it's final rise. Naturally this won't work well on delayed

mode...
> because you will need to be present for removal of the paddle.
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon

Sonofagun! Sheldon, I'm indebted to you for pointing out something the rest
of us idiots (or this one at least) never thought of.

Felice
> ````````````

Felice Friese

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >"mary" wrote:
> >It seems that the little paddle that turns the dough makes a hole in the
> >bread when you pull the bread out. At first I thought it was my machine,

but
> >after buying another one at a garage sale (for $1) the "new" one does the
> >same thing. Not that the bread tastes any different, but when you go to

cut
> >a slice there is a hole in it.Can this problem be eliminated?

> Actually quite simple; promptly after the final knead remove the dough,

then
> remove the paddle (it's usefulness is now concluded)... now promptly

return the
> dough for it's final rise. Naturally this won't work well on delayed

mode...
> because you will need to be present for removal of the paddle.
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon

Sonofagun! Sheldon, I'm indebted to you for pointing out something the rest
of us idiots (or this one at least) never thought of.

Felice
> ````````````

In article >, penmart01
@aol.como says...
> >"mary" wrote:
> >It seems that the little paddle that turns the dough makes a hole in the
> >bread when you pull the bread out. At first I thought it was my machine, but
> >after buying another one at a garage sale (for $1) the "new" one does the
> >same thing. Not that the bread tastes any different, but when you go to cut
> >a slice there is a hole in it.Can this problem be eliminated?

> Actually quite simple; promptly after the final knead remove the dough, then
> remove the paddle (it's usefulness is now concluded)... now promptly return the
> dough for it's final rise. Naturally this won't work well on delayed mode...
> because you will need to be present for removal of the paddle.

Following this procedure, you will still end up with the shaft hole.
That is, the big hole from the paddle will be taken care of, but the
shaft will still protrude into the pan. Nevertheless, these holes only
occur in one or two places in the loaf, maybe one-half to three-quarters
up from the bottom of the loaf, so how much of a problem could this be?

Bob

In article >, penmart01
@aol.como says...
> >"mary" wrote:
> >It seems that the little paddle that turns the dough makes a hole in the
> >bread when you pull the bread out. At first I thought it was my machine, but
> >after buying another one at a garage sale (for $1) the "new" one does the
> >same thing. Not that the bread tastes any different, but when you go to cut
> >a slice there is a hole in it.Can this problem be eliminated?

> Actually quite simple; promptly after the final knead remove the dough, then
> remove the paddle (it's usefulness is now concluded)... now promptly return the
> dough for it's final rise. Naturally this won't work well on delayed mode...
> because you will need to be present for removal of the paddle.

Following this procedure, you will still end up with the shaft hole.
That is, the big hole from the paddle will be taken care of, but the
shaft will still protrude into the pan. Nevertheless, these holes only
occur in one or two places in the loaf, maybe one-half to three-quarters
up from the bottom of the loaf, so how much of a problem could this be?

Bob
Lori Raftis

That is a great idea removing the paddle. I have a bread machine and use it
often. Love to make bread for many things. The hole never bothered me, but
I'm going to try your suggestion for this next time.
Thanks Lori - New to the site from Maine
"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >"mary" wrote:
> >It seems that the little paddle that turns the dough makes a hole in the
> >bread when you pull the bread out. At first I thought it was my machine,

but
> >after buying another one at a garage sale (for $1) the "new" one does the
> >same thing. Not that the bread tastes any different, but when you go to

cut
> >a slice there is a hole in it.Can this problem be eliminated?

> Actually quite simple; promptly after the final knead remove the dough,

then
> remove the paddle (it's usefulness is now concluded)... now promptly

return the
> dough for it's final rise. Naturally this won't work well on delayed

mode...
> because you will need to be present for removal of the paddle.
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon

Lori Raftis