Nancy Young

Default Kona coffee, a la Smithfarms

I ordered some coffee from our fellow rfc'er. It was a present.
Well, I don't drink coffee, but decided to try a half a cup just to
see. AWESOME. And I ordered it ground, which I know will make the
purists cringe.

Terrific cup of coffee, I was quite pleased. And no, I do not sell
coffee, I have no financial interest in Smithfarms.
http://www.smithfarms.com

nancy
Gregory Morrow

Nancy Young wrote:

> I ordered some coffee from our fellow rfc'er. It was a present.
> Well, I don't drink coffee, but decided to try a half a cup just to
> see. AWESOME. And I ordered it ground, which I know will make the
> purists cringe.
>
> Terrific cup of coffee, I was quite pleased. And no, I do not sell
> coffee, I have no financial interest in Smithfarms.
> http://www.smithfarms.com

I love their very haimish website with the kitties and the
chameleons...thanks for the input, I've wanted to order from them for
awhiles now and will do so....

--
Best
Greg

j.j.

Hark! I heard "Gregory Morrow" > say:
> Nancy Young wrote:
>
> > I ordered some coffee from our fellow rfc'er. It was a present.
> > Well, I don't drink coffee, but decided to try a half a cup just to
> > see. AWESOME. And I ordered it ground, which I know will make the
> > purists cringe.
> >
> > Terrific cup of coffee, I was quite pleased. And no, I do not sell
> > coffee, I have no financial interest in Smithfarms.
> > http://www.smithfarms.com

> I love their very haimish website with the kitties and the
> chameleons...thanks for the input, I've wanted to order from them for
> awhiles now and will do so....

Yes, it's nice to get an unsolicited opinion from someone you
can trust, even if she won't eat grape jelly on meatballs...

j.j., who's trying Sheryl's recipe on some friends tonight <eg>
Boron Elgar

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 16:50:29 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>I ordered some coffee from our fellow rfc'er. It was a present.
>Well, I don't drink coffee, but decided to try a half a cup just to
>see. AWESOME. And I ordered it ground, which I know will make the
>purists cringe.
>
>Terrific cup of coffee, I was quite pleased. And no, I do not sell
>coffee, I have no financial interest in Smithfarms.
>http://www.smithfarms.com
>
>nancy

Theirs is the best.

Boron

Fred

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> I ordered some coffee from our fellow rfc'er. It was a present.
> Well, I don't drink coffee, but decided to try a half a cup just to
> see. AWESOME. And I ordered it ground, which I know will make the
> purists cringe.
>
> Terrific cup of coffee, I was quite pleased. And no, I do not sell
> coffee, I have no financial interest in Smithfarms.
> http://www.smithfarms.com
>
> nancy

I like Kona as well. I think it ranks right up there with Jamaican Blue and
like. Incidentally, I sell coffee and always take mine home ground rather
than grinding it at home. Why? Because the commercial burr grinders we
have at the store produces a more uniform and flavorful grind than my home
machines. Since a lb. of coffee only lasts less than a week at our house,
it's always fresh enough. No need to imagine people cringing.

Fred
The Good Gourmet
http://www.thegoodgourmet.com

JimLane

Fred wrote:

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>
>>I ordered some coffee from our fellow rfc'er. It was a present.
>>Well, I don't drink coffee, but decided to try a half a cup just to
>>see. AWESOME. And I ordered it ground, which I know will make the
>>purists cringe.
>>
>>Terrific cup of coffee, I was quite pleased. And no, I do not sell
>>coffee, I have no financial interest in Smithfarms.
>>http://www.smithfarms.com
>>
>>nancy

> I like Kona as well. I think it ranks right up there with Jamaican Blue and
> like. Incidentally, I sell coffee and always take mine home ground rather
> than grinding it at home. Why? Because the commercial burr grinders we
> have at the store produces a more uniform and flavorful grind than my home
> machines. Since a lb. of coffee only lasts less than a week at our house,
> it's always fresh enough. No need to imagine people cringing.
>
> Fred
> The Good Gourmet
> http://www.thegoodgourmet.com

The consensus on alt.coffee is that JBM is vastly over rated (I agree. I
first had it in the early 80's. Much ado about nothing). I think most
would prefer Kona or a lot of other beans to JBM.

jim
-L.

Nancy Young > wrote in message >...
> I ordered some coffee from our fellow rfc'er. It was a present.
> Well, I don't drink coffee, but decided to try a half a cup just to
> see. AWESOME. And I ordered it ground, which I know will make the
> purists cringe.
>
> Terrific cup of coffee, I was quite pleased. And no, I do not sell
> coffee, I have no financial interest in Smithfarms.
> http://www.smithfarms.com
>
> nancy

Thanks for letting us know this is an rfc'er. Kona is all I wil
drink, and now I have a new source to try.

-L.
Boron Elgar

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 23:51:06 -0800, JimLane >
wrote:

>Fred wrote:
>
>> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>>
>>>I ordered some coffee from our fellow rfc'er. It was a present.
>>>Well, I don't drink coffee, but decided to try a half a cup just to
>>>see. AWESOME. And I ordered it ground, which I know will make the
>>>purists cringe.
>>>
>>>Terrific cup of coffee, I was quite pleased. And no, I do not sell
>>>coffee, I have no financial interest in Smithfarms.
>>>http://www.smithfarms.com
>>>
>>>nancy

>> I like Kona as well. I think it ranks right up there with Jamaican Blue and
>> like. Incidentally, I sell coffee and always take mine home ground rather
>> than grinding it at home. Why? Because the commercial burr grinders we
>> have at the store produces a more uniform and flavorful grind than my home
>> machines. Since a lb. of coffee only lasts less than a week at our house,
>> it's always fresh enough. No need to imagine people cringing.
>>
>> Fred
>> The Good Gourmet
>> http://www.thegoodgourmet.com
>>

>The consensus on alt.coffee is that JBM is vastly over rated (I agree. I
>first had it in the early 80's. Much ado about nothing). I think most
>would prefer Kona or a lot of other beans to JBM.

I have had JBM several times & never been impressed. I have found it
had a sourness that I am not fond of in coffee.

One of the most sensual aspects of Kona, OTOH, is its deep and
complex, yet smooth as silk flavor.

Boron
smithfarms pure kona

On 11 Jan 2004 00:21:02 -0800, (-L.) wrote:

>Nancy Young > wrote in message

>> I ordered some coffee from our fellow rfc'er. It was a present.
>> Well, I don't drink coffee, but decided to try a half a cup just to
>> see. AWESOME. And I ordered it ground, which I know will make the
>> purists cringe.
>>
>> Terrific cup of coffee, I was quite pleased. And no, I do not sell
>> coffee, I have no financial interest in Smithfarms.

http://www.smithfarms.com

>> nancy

>Thanks for letting us know this is an rfc'er. Kona is all I wil
>drink, and now I have a new source to try.
>
>-L.

Thank you Nancy and Boron for your really kind words! We sure
appreciate it!!

Just for the record, too, when one says Jamaica BLue Mountain, you are
referring to the national processing plant. JBM can come from
different estates such as Wallenford and Mavis Bank etc and those are
considered the real premium JBMs. Very expensive indeed.

BTW I had to look up the word "haimish" Thanks for the compliment!
We are just farmers.

Wishing you a great day!

with aloha from still dark Kona,
Thunder
http://www.smithfarms.com
Farmers & Sellers of 100%
Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff

Scott

In article > ,
"Fred" > wrote:

> I like Kona as well. I think it ranks right up there with Jamaican Blue and
> like. Incidentally, I sell coffee and always take mine home ground rather
> than grinding it at home. Why? Because the commercial burr grinders we
> have at the store produces a more uniform and flavorful grind than my home
> machines. Since a lb. of coffee only lasts less than a week at our house,
> it's always fresh enough. No need to imagine people cringing.

Unless you're making espresso, only blade grinders or the worst of burr
grinders will have a significantly worse quality grind compared to a
commercial grinder. My Solis Maestro makes a quite uniform grind for my
vac pot.

Considering that ground coffee stales in less than a day, you're losing
FAR more than you're gaining by grinding at the store.

please mail OT responses only
sf

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:22:31 GMT, Scott
> wrote:

> In article > ,
> "Fred" > wrote:
>
> > I like Kona as well. I think it ranks right up there with Jamaican Blue and
> > like. Incidentally, I sell coffee and always take mine home ground rather
> > than grinding it at home. Why? Because the commercial burr grinders we
> > have at the store produces a more uniform and flavorful grind than my home
> > machines. Since a lb. of coffee only lasts less than a week at our house,
> > it's always fresh enough. No need to imagine people cringing.

I agree!

> Unless you're making espresso, only blade grinders or the worst of burr
> grinders will have a significantly worse quality grind compared to a
> commercial grinder. My Solis Maestro makes a quite uniform grind for my
> vac pot.
>
> Considering that ground coffee stales in less than a day, you're losing
> FAR more than you're gaining by grinding at the store.

Baloney. Coffee isn't caviar and it can sit for up to a
week without losing quality if you begin with quality beans.
One of my family members works for Peets, so I get any
coffee I want for free on a weekly basis (and I want it
pre-ground). News flash: The good stuff doesn't degrade
overnight.

Kona is one of Peet's most expensive coffees - it's good -
but it't not my favorite (and it's not "fake" Kona either).
I prefer African or Indonesian. It's a matter of taste. I
like my coffee beans strong, dark roasted & finely ground
(expresso or Arabian). Kenya and Sulawawesi Kalosi are my
favorites to date.

JimLane

sf wrote:

snip

> Baloney. Coffee isn't caviar and it can sit for up to a
> week without losing quality if you begin with quality beans.
> One of my family members works for Peets, so I get any
> coffee I want for free on a weekly basis (and I want it
> pre-ground). News flash: The good stuff doesn't degrade
> overnight.

Just because you cannot taste the falloff does not mean that no one else
can tell the difference. Why don't you take your silliness to alt.coffee
and see how well it flies?

Bwahaaaahaaaaaaaaa!

jim
Gregory Morrow

JimLane wrote:

> sf wrote:
>
> snip
>

> > Baloney. Coffee isn't caviar and it can sit for up to a
> > week without losing quality if you begin with quality beans.
> > One of my family members works for Peets, so I get any
> > coffee I want for free on a weekly basis (and I want it
> > pre-ground). News flash: The good stuff doesn't degrade
> > overnight.
> >

> Just because you cannot taste the falloff does not mean that no one else
> can tell the difference. Why don't you take your silliness to alt.coffee
> and see how well it flies?

Uh, she happens to be correct. I've had and gave away three coffee grinders
over the past years. Why? I can't *stand* the annoying sound of the
grinder first thing in the morning, fiddling with it, cleaning it, it
taking up counter space, etc. I've got better things to do with my
time...it's just another useless appliance IMNSHO.

I get my coffee from a non - chain store on my corner. They let me know
when the freshest stuff comes in (they roast all their own beans). I go
through a pound about every week or so, and I let them grind it. Then it
resides in a zip loc bag in the freezer. Tastes just fine to me and my
guests...very little if any loss of taste. We aren't a bunch of
professional tasters in Sao Paulo or wherever who take a sip and then spit
it out. We just like a nice cuppa Joe...

I like good coffee, but it *is* just coffee - I'm not going to be all anal
to the nth degree about it. As long as it's reasonably good, I'm happy. No
reason to get all silly and snobbish about it. I've got plenty of other
things to be silly and snobbish about ;-)

> Bwahaaaahaaaaaaaaa!

You wouldn't know the difference between good Kona and roasted goat turds,
putz.

--
Best
Greg

Boron Elgar

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:28:09 GMT, "Gregory Morrow"
> wrote:

>They let me know
>when the freshest stuff comes in (they roast all their own beans). I go
>through a pound about every week or so, and I let them grind it. Then it
>resides in a zip loc bag in the freezer. Tastes just fine to me and my
>guests...very little if any loss of taste. We aren't a bunch of
>professional tasters in Sao Paulo or wherever who take a sip and then spit
>it out. We just like a nice cuppa Joe...

They must be letting you know when they roast, then, as green,
unroasted beans can be stored for ages...months or longer ...the clock
starts ticking on "freshness" once it is roasted. And professional
tasters are all over the place. Even Manhattan has a bunch of them.

>I like good coffee, but it *is* just coffee - I'm not going to be all anal
>to the nth degree about it. As long as it's reasonably good, I'm happy. No
>reason to get all silly and snobbish about it. I've got plenty of other
>things to be silly and snobbish about ;-)

This has nothing to do with snobbishness. Some folks like margarine,
some like butter. Some can drink Thunderbird and others prefer
vintage. Some like to drive and are happy with a Geo Metro & others
need a BMW for contentment. There really are differences in qualities
among such things. That one person notices and is bothered by anything
less than the best of something, means nothing more nor less than
that. Preference.

Really, of all places to talk about the desire for quality foods and
beverages to be silly or anal, this group surely isn't the place.

Boron

Gregory Morrow

Boron Elgar wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:28:09 GMT, "Gregory Morrow"
> > wrote:
>
> >They let me know
> >when the freshest stuff comes in (they roast all their own beans). I go
> >through a pound about every week or so, and I let them grind it. Then it
> >resides in a zip loc bag in the freezer. Tastes just fine to me and my
> >guests...very little if any loss of taste. We aren't a bunch of
> >professional tasters in Sao Paulo or wherever who take a sip and then

spit
> >it out. We just like a nice cuppa Joe...

> They must be letting you know when they roast, then, as green,
> unroasted beans can be stored for ages...months or longer ...the clock
> starts ticking on "freshness" once it is roasted.

Yup, they have their own warehouse and do the roasting there. They used to
do the roasting right down at the corner - one of my fave smells (although
not all agree).

And professional
> tasters are all over the place. Even Manhattan has a bunch of them.
> >
> >I like good coffee, but it *is* just coffee - I'm not going to be all

anal
> >to the nth degree about it. As long as it's reasonably good, I'm happy.

No
> >reason to get all silly and snobbish about it. I've got plenty of other
> >things to be silly and snobbish about ;-)
> >

> This has nothing to do with snobbishness. Some folks like margarine,
> some like butter. Some can drink Thunderbird and others prefer
> vintage. Some like to drive and are happy with a Geo Metro & others
> need a BMW for contentment. There really are differences in qualities
> among such things. That one person notices and is bothered by anything
> less than the best of something, means nothing more nor less than
> that. Preference.
>
> Really, of all places to talk about the desire for quality foods and
> beverages to be silly or anal, this group surely isn't the place.

I know this. I was simply responding to the other poster :-)

--
Best
Greg likes butter, good wine, but doesn't drive....

Scott

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> Baloney. Coffee isn't caviar and it can sit for up to a
> week without losing quality if you begin with quality beans.
> One of my family members works for Peets, so I get any
> coffee I want for free on a weekly basis (and I want it
> pre-ground). News flash: The good stuff doesn't degrade
> overnight.

The quality of the beans is irrelevant. Roasted whole bean coffee can
remain fine for a week or two, properly stored, but once ground it
stales very quickly. Freshness and bean quality are unrelated.

please mail OT responses only
Scott

In article et>,
"Gregory Morrow" > wrote:

> Uh, she happens to be correct. I've had and gave away three coffee grinders
> over the past years. Why? I can't *stand* the annoying sound of the
> grinder first thing in the morning, fiddling with it, cleaning it, it
> taking up counter space, etc. I've got better things to do with my
> time...it's just another useless appliance IMNSHO.
>
> I get my coffee from a non - chain store on my corner. They let me know
> when the freshest stuff comes in (they roast all their own beans). I go
> through a pound about every week or so, and I let them grind it. Then it
> resides in a zip loc bag in the freezer. Tastes just fine to me and my
> guests...very little if any loss of taste. We aren't a bunch of
> professional tasters in Sao Paulo or wherever who take a sip and then spit
> it out. We just like a nice cuppa Joe...

Just because you do not have the palate to appreciate coffee quality
doesn't mean that it's all the same.

I suppose you're letting the coffee come to room temperature before
opening the bag, so that moisture doesn't condense on the coffee? Or are
you putting it into individual serving-size bags so that you don't have
to re-freeze?

"Annoying sound of the grinder?" Only if it's a cheap, crappy
grinder--sounds like you were using those useless blade grinders. No
wonder you didn't see a difference. My burr grinder is much quieter than
my microwave oven. No fiddling required, and only needs to be cleaned
every few weeks.

> I like good coffee, but it *is* just coffee - I'm not going to be all anal
> to the nth degree about it. As long as it's reasonably good, I'm happy. No
> reason to get all silly and snobbish about it. I've got plenty of other
> things to be silly and snobbish about ;-)

So what isn't "just..."? Anything can be reduced to "it's just...," so
why bother discussing the quality of anything?

please mail OT responses only
JimLane

Gregory Morrow wrote:
> JimLane wrote:
>

>>sf wrote:
>>
>>snip
>>

>>>Baloney. Coffee isn't caviar and it can sit for up to a
>>>week without losing quality if you begin with quality beans.
>>>One of my family members works for Peets, so I get any
>>>coffee I want for free on a weekly basis (and I want it
>>>pre-ground). News flash: The good stuff doesn't degrade
>>>overnight.
>>>

>>Just because you cannot taste the falloff does not mean that no one else
>>can tell the difference. Why don't you take your silliness to alt.coffee
>>and see how well it flies?

> Uh, she happens to be correct. I've had and gave away three coffee grinders
> over the past years. Why? I can't *stand* the annoying sound of the
> grinder first thing in the morning, fiddling with it, cleaning it, it
> taking up counter space, etc. I've got better things to do with my
> time...it's just another useless appliance IMNSHO.
>
> I get my coffee from a non - chain store on my corner. They let me know
> when the freshest stuff comes in (they roast all their own beans). I go
> through a pound about every week or so, and I let them grind it. Then it
> resides in a zip loc bag in the freezer. Tastes just fine to me and my
> guests...very little if any loss of taste. We aren't a bunch of
> professional tasters in Sao Paulo or wherever who take a sip and then spit
> it out. We just like a nice cuppa Joe...
>
> I like good coffee, but it *is* just coffee - I'm not going to be all anal
> to the nth degree about it. As long as it's reasonably good, I'm happy. No
> reason to get all silly and snobbish about it. I've got plenty of other
> things to be silly and snobbish about ;-)
>

>>Bwahaaaahaaaaaaaaa!

> You wouldn't know the difference between good Kona and roasted goat turds,
> putz.

As a matter of fact, I do. Do you, is the real question. Because you
play at one level does not mean others play at a more discriminating
level. I can taste the fall off after 72 hours, but do not object to the
change. Oh yes, where did sf mention "freezing" the coffee? What was
said is that "it can sit for up to a week..." That is not frozen. Had sf
said that, I would have not disagreed.

Have you passed reading and comprehension 101 yet?

jim

jim
kalanamak

Scott wrote:

> "Annoying sound of the grinder?" Only if it's a cheap, crappy
> grinder--sounds like you were using those useless blade grinders. No
> wonder you didn't see a difference. My burr grinder is much quieter than
> my microwave oven. No fiddling required, and only needs to be cleaned
> every few weeks.

Hum, my burr does a fine job but it is noisy, it wasn't cheap, and I
assume it wasn't crappy because I've now had it for over 6 years.
However, I am so fond of the smell of fresh ground, I would fresh grind
even if the NSF said there was no difference between store and
home-ground coffee.
blacksalt

Gregory Morrow

JimLane wrote:

> Gregory Morrow wrote:
> > JimLane wrote:
> >

> >>sf wrote:
> >>
> >>snip

> >>Just because you cannot taste the falloff does not mean that no one else
> >>can tell the difference. Why don't you take your silliness to alt.coffee
> >>and see how well it flies?

> > Uh, she happens to be correct. I've had and gave away three coffee

grinders
> > over the past years. Why? I can't *stand* the annoying sound of the
> > grinder first thing in the morning, fiddling with it, cleaning it, it
> > taking up counter space, etc. I've got better things to do with my
> > time...it's just another useless appliance IMNSHO.
> >
> > I get my coffee from a non - chain store on my corner. They let me know
> > when the freshest stuff comes in (they roast all their own beans). I go
> > through a pound about every week or so, and I let them grind it. Then

it
> > resides in a zip loc bag in the freezer. Tastes just fine to me and my
> > guests...very little if any loss of taste. We aren't a bunch of
> > professional tasters in Sao Paulo or wherever who take a sip and then

spit
> > it out. We just like a nice cuppa Joe...
> >
> > I like good coffee, but it *is* just coffee - I'm not going to be all

anal
> > to the nth degree about it. As long as it's reasonably good, I'm happy.

No
> > reason to get all silly and snobbish about it. I've got plenty of other
> > things to be silly and snobbish about ;-)
> >

> >>Bwahaaaahaaaaaaaaa!

> > You wouldn't know the difference between good Kona and roasted goat

turds,
> > putz.
> >

> As a matter of fact, I do. Do you, is the real question. Because you
> play at one level does not mean others play at a more discriminating
> level. I can taste the fall off after 72 hours, but do not object to the
> change. Oh yes, where did sf mention "freezing" the coffee? What was
> said is that "it can sit for up to a week..." That is not frozen. Had sf
> said that, I would have not disagreed.
>
> Have you passed reading and comprehension 101 yet?

Your initial cheap shot to "sf" greatly discounts the veracity of anything
you've written after.

--
Best
Greg

JimLane

Gregory Morrow wrote:

> JimLane wrote:
>

>>Gregory Morrow wrote:

>>>Uh, she happens to be correct. I've had and gave away three coffee

> grinders
>
>>>over the past years. Why? I can't *stand* the annoying sound of the
>>>grinder first thing in the morning, fiddling with it, cleaning it, it
>>>taking up counter space, etc. I've got better things to do with my
>>>time...it's just another useless appliance IMNSHO.
>>>
>>>I get my coffee from a non - chain store on my corner. They let me know
>>>when the freshest stuff comes in (they roast all their own beans). I go
>>>through a pound about every week or so, and I let them grind it. Then

> it
>
>>>resides in a zip loc bag in the freezer. Tastes just fine to me and my
>>>guests...very little if any loss of taste. We aren't a bunch of
>>>professional tasters in Sao Paulo or wherever who take a sip and then

> spit
>
>>>it out. We just like a nice cuppa Joe...
>>>
>>>I like good coffee, but it *is* just coffee - I'm not going to be all

> anal
>
>>>to the nth degree about it. As long as it's reasonably good, I'm happy.

> No
>
>>>reason to get all silly and snobbish about it. I've got plenty of other
>>>things to be silly and snobbish about ;-)

>>>You wouldn't know the difference between good Kona and roasted goat

> turds,
>
>>>putz.
>>>

>>As a matter of fact, I do. Do you, is the real question. Because you
>>play at one level does not mean others play at a more discriminating
>>level. I can taste the fall off after 72 hours, but do not object to the
>>change. Oh yes, where did sf mention "freezing" the coffee? What was
>>said is that "it can sit for up to a week..." That is not frozen. Had sf
>>said that, I would have not disagreed.
>>
>>Have you passed reading and comprehension 101 yet?

> Your initial cheap shot to "sf" greatly discounts the veracity of anything
> you've written after.

Tell it to someone who cares for your opinion.

jim
Gregory Morrow

JimLane wrote:

> Gregory Morrow wrote:
>
> > JimLane wrote:

else

alt.coffee

> > grinders

know

go

> > it

> > spit

> > anal

happy.

> > No

other

> > turds,

> >>As a matter of fact, I do. Do you, is the real question. Because you
> >>play at one level does not mean others play at a more discriminating
> >>level. I can taste the fall off after 72 hours, but do not object to the
> >>change. Oh yes, where did sf mention "freezing" the coffee? What was
> >>said is that "it can sit for up to a week..." That is not frozen. Had sf
> >>said that, I would have not disagreed.
> >>
> >>Have you passed reading and comprehension 101 yet?

> > Your initial cheap shot to "sf" greatly discounts the veracity of

anything
> > you've written after.
> >

> Tell it to someone who cares for your opinion.

Poor JimLane. You have to wonder how such a guy goes sour.

To say that time has not
treated our poor friend well would be a vast understatement. What
crueler fate could anyone suffer than discovering that after all of
life's efforts and struggles, you end up being little more than the
poor lost soul known as JimLane?

The passing of one's youth can sometimes leave little but anger and
resentment, and JimLane grew himself a grim puss to match. Given to long
solo
walks in the woods, the once merry party boy Jim is now faced with
the loneliness and confusion that often accompanies a life poorly
lived.

Now known to all in his village as "that nut," JimLane
has now been forced to accept the charity of soup kitchens and other
similar institutions dedicated to serving the needs of the destitute.

Often seen shuffling down the street mumbling darkly about his inability to
discern really good coffee, JimLane is now forced to endure the
taunts of children and the unkind attentions of the local police.

--
Best
Greg

Scott

In article >,
kalanamak > wrote:

> Hum, my burr does a fine job but it is noisy, it wasn't cheap, and I
> assume it wasn't crappy because I've now had it for over 6 years.
> However, I am so fond of the smell of fresh ground, I would fresh grind
> even if the NSF said there was no difference between store and
> home-ground coffee.

Which model is it? If used with any regularity, your burrs will likely
be too worn by now--even a relatively expensive ($200+) grinder would
get worn after regular use over 6 years.

please mail OT responses only
JimLane

Gregory Morrow wrote:

> JimLane wrote:
>

>>Gregory Morrow wrote:

> else

> alt.coffee

>>>grinders

> know

> go

>>>it

>>>spit

>>>anal

> happy.
>
>>>No

> other

>>>turds,

>>>Your initial cheap shot to "sf" greatly discounts the veracity of

> anything
>
>>>you've written after.
>>>

>>Tell it to someone who cares for your opinion.

> Poor JimLane. You have to wonder how such a guy goes sour.
>
> To say that time has not
> treated our poor friend well would be a vast understatement. What
> crueler fate could anyone suffer than discovering that after all of
> life's efforts and struggles, you end up being little more than the
> poor lost soul known as JimLane?
>
> The passing of one's youth can sometimes leave little but anger and
> resentment, and JimLane grew himself a grim puss to match. Given to long
> solo
> walks in the woods, the once merry party boy Jim is now faced with
> the loneliness and confusion that often accompanies a life poorly
> lived.
>
> Now known to all in his village as "that nut," JimLane
> has now been forced to accept the charity of soup kitchens and other
> similar institutions dedicated to serving the needs of the destitute.
>
> Often seen shuffling down the street mumbling darkly about his inability to
> discern really good coffee, JimLane is now forced to endure the
> taunts of children and the unkind attentions of the local police.

Did you have something of value to say? Nope. Like a child, you are best
seen and not heard from.

jim

Boron Elgar

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:31:48 -0800, JimLane >
wrote:

>Gregory Morrow wrote:
>

>Did you have something of value to say? Nope. Like a child, you are best
>seen and not heard from.

Why don't you two get a room?

JimLane

Boron Elgar wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:31:48 -0800, JimLane >
> wrote:
>

>>Gregory Morrow wrote:
>>

>>Did you have something of value to say? Nope. Like a child, you are best
>>seen and not heard from.
>>

> Why don't you two get a room?

Wanna watch?

jim