Mark Shaw

Default Cold-brew coffee maker

Anyone out there use one of these things? The "Cuisine at Home"
people rate it rather highly (see the February 2004 issue, p. 23)
but the method seems really unconventional to me.

Any opinions? Thanks in advance.

[Followups set to rec.food.cooking]

--
Mark Shaw contact info at homepage --> http://www.panix.com/~mshaw
"How can any culture that has more lawyers
Rick & Cyndi

news : Anyone out there use one of these things? The "Cuisine at
:
: Any opinions? Thanks in advance.
:
: [Followups set to rec.food.cooking]
:
: --
: Mark Shaw
============

My mom has one. She loves hers. I tried it and was nonplussed.
Of course, since we've begun roasting green coffee... nothing
compares to that. Maybe if she'd used some of 'our' beans I
might have liked it better... I dunno.

Cyndi

Jim Lane

Mark Shaw wrote:

> Anyone out there use one of these things? The "Cuisine at Home"
> people rate it rather highly (see the February 2004 issue, p. 23)
> but the method seems really unconventional to me.
>
> Any opinions? Thanks in advance.
>
> [Followups set to rec.food.cooking]

Goiogle the group and search. There have been two threads that I cna recall.

jim

Wayne Boatwright

Miche > wrote in
:

>> > You don't need one. You can use a 2-litre soft drink bottle (empty
>> > and cleaned, of course) with great results.

>> How would I do that, Miche? I think that might be a good method for
>> making coffee to use in iced ocffee.

> Put 3/4 pound (375g) of coffee grounds in the bottle. Fill it to the
> top with cold water. Shake it up and leave it in the fridge for a
> couple of days, giving it another shake a couple of times a day.
> Decant the liquid off and use it at about 30ml (1 fl oz) per cup.
>
> Miche

Thanks, Miche! Weekend project!

Wayne
Miche

In article >,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> Miche > wrote in
> :

> >> How would I do that, Miche? I think that might be a good method for
> >> making coffee to use in iced ocffee.

> > Put 3/4 pound (375g) of coffee grounds in the bottle. Fill it to the
> > top with cold water. Shake it up and leave it in the fridge for a
> > couple of days, giving it another shake a couple of times a day.
> > Decant the liquid off and use it at about 30ml (1 fl oz) per cup.

> Thanks, Miche! Weekend project!

Let me know how you like it.

Miche

--
If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud.
-- Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"

Mark Shaw

In article >,
Miche > wrote:

>> > You don't need one. You can use a 2-litre soft drink bottle (empty and
>> > cleaned, of course) with great results.

>Put 3/4 pound (375g) of coffee grounds in the bottle. Fill it to the
>top with cold water. Shake it up and leave it in the fridge for a
>couple of days, giving it another shake a couple of times a day. Decant
>the liquid off and use it at about 30ml (1 fl oz) per cup.

Do you filter it, or just pour it off the grounds?

Thanks!

--
Mark Shaw contact info at homepage --> http://www.panix.com/~mshaw
"Grown men are not comfortable explaining why they want to use the sniper